Start by marking “Playing Dirty (Ballers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Playing Dirty (Ballers, #1)

Playing Dirty

(Ballers #1)

I'm going to teach Andrea to play dirty...she just doesn't know it yet.

Jake
Published November 16th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Playing Dirty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Playing Dirty

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★
 photo FreeGrxBbysb_zpsfdd6900d.gif

FREE on Amazon US today (8/18/2017)

Stand-alone book 1.
FREE: https://www.amazon.com/Playing-Dirty-...
BLURB:
Jake
Pulling in eight figures a year as star pitcher for the Chicago Jaguars, there's no shortage of parties, booze, and women. I'm a beast on the mound and between the sheets but when my social media presence becomes a major problem, the team’s owner brings in a PR expert to clean up my image. Andrea Diggers is the complete opposite of every girl I’ve ever met. She’s smart, classy, and com
Sam (AMNReader)
well, that experiment failed. It failed quickly.

I was wondering at all these positive reviews. I don't think my favorite books have this level of adoration. I thought one of two things: 1) it's great. 2) no one remotely mean had read it.

A PR agent walks into a crowded post game locker room. Why? I'm still not clear. Maybe this is the job. For the social media? Idk. But fine.

Then, nude-ish baseball player makes all kinds of innuendos using this very nuanced style. Putting everything that can be
1-Click Addict Support Group
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Playing Dirty by Mickey Miller was a fantastic read. I thoroughly enjoyed the premise of bad boy baseball pitcher Jake Napleton pursuing the goody two-shoes, PR consultant, Andrea Diggers. While trying to overhaul his image, sparks flew, tensions escalated and their chemistry combusted!

While the basics of the plot weren't original (bad boy athlete/good girl out to fix his image), there was a small town wholesome quality to the heroine that I loved. She was genuine and honest and so different fro
Clau
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: in-english, kindle
Free on Amazon!
Tre Talbot
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a debut novel coming from Mickey Miller. From the very beginning I love how we were learning the background of both Andrea and Jake. It goes to show you that you should never judge a book by its cover, just because it's all over social media doesn't mean it's true. Getting to know what Jake was truly about deep down touched my heart and finding out what Andrea went through and how she came out stronger shows a lot about the woman she is. These two together were absolutely amazing together a ...more
Kate Hastings
Nov 16, 2016 rated it liked it
Firstly, congrats to Mickey Miller with the debut of his novel.

I can see from the other reviews, I'm going against the tide a little here, but I'm going to be honest with my thoughts.

The premise was great, the title had me intrigued and the teasers for the book had my interest piqued. I enjoy sports romances, alpha bad-boys, and dual POV writing - so for all intents and purposes, I was all set.

However at the end of the read, I liked this book, I didn't love it. I actually found it easy to put
Janna ♥ I'm A Sweet And Sassy Book Whore ♥
***This and other reviews can be found at www.imasweetandsassybookwhore.com ***

*ARC*

So I am not one of those book snobs who turn their nose down at male romance writers. To me it doesn’t matter what is between the author’s legs as long as the book is good. Playing Dirty was a book that I really enjoyed reading and it was written by a man.

Jake will surprise you in a good way, that bad boy had secrets and those secrets will have you not only loving him but wishing it was you that he wanted. Andre
Ash.loveofbooks
Nov 17, 2016 rated it really liked it
Sexy, sweet and dirty. This book was so good! I thoroughly enjoyed reading this debut.

The plot and the story's progression was perfectly executed. I love how this book is told from dual perspectives and you really understood each characters point of view.

Jake is such a lovable alpha male with a huge heart. Andrea is such a sweet gal from Tennessee. Together these two are fantastic! Their chemistry is very much present from the first time these two characters meet to the very last page. I love
sl.reads
Shelves: sport
I love sport romances and Mickey hit this one spot on! I was drawn to Jake and Andrea's story since reading the blurb. There was just the right amount of sport talk and a perfect amount of swooning romance! I loved that we got to see both perspectives from Jake and Andrea - their emotions and thoughts were so realistic. The growth in their relationship was beautiful and the secondary characters made it even more so. What a well written debut novel! I can't wait to see more from Mickey Miller!
Angela *Whiskey Angel Life Blog*
I was lucky enough to receive an ARC of Mickey Millers debut novel Playing Dirty and I was not disappointed.

Written from a dual POV, we live through the thoughts of both Andrea and Jake Napleton. Andrea has been hired to clean up Jakes bad boy image, while Jake tries everything to resist the change.

"He needs to learn the difference between a private and a public life"

Andrea and Jake are drawn to each other right from the beginning with a lot of push and pull between them. Sexual tension hi
Marybeth
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Mickey Miller pitched a no-hitter with his debut novel, Playing Dirty. This story was so good that it sucked me in from the very beginning. Andrea and Jake have oodles of chemistry and I was behind them all the way. I really liked these two together!! Not to mention they were super hot and sexy together!!!
At first glance, Jake who is the star pitcher for the Chicago Jaguars, appears to be little more than a cocky playboy athlete. Andrea, who is a former softball player from a small town in Tenne
Gypsy Soul Korina
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 "Effin" Stars!!!

Baseball and a love story with a shot of reality!

This book was just as good as this year's final game of the World Series!

Jake is the baseball player that no one truly knows. Andrea is the intern who piques his interest even though he is her job. As she tries to redeem his public image, the two learn there is more than meets the eye.

Mickey Miller penned a grad slam novel and I am looking forward to his next novel as much as I am looking forward to baseball season.

While I no
Melanie (mells_view)
Pretty darn good...

As far as sports romances go this one was a pretty standard storyline. It did have its different assets to me. Jake was kind of a closed book, that was constantly only judged by his cover. What lesson have we all learned? Don't judge a book by its cover, and Jake definitely deserves a deeper look.

Andrea is a small town girl working in the big city for her big break. She's got a PR internship and she is ready and willing to take on her first client. Bad boy Jake! Unfortunately
Lisa
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Review to come.
Renee Mccleary
Apr 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!! Amazing book!!

This was my first book by Mickey and I loved it!! I was pulled in from the beginning and I fell in love with Jake and Andrea. The writing was beautiful and the story flowed perfectly. Oh my lord the sex scenes were so hot!! I loved the chemistry between them. I can not wait to read more books by him! If you are looking for a good sports romance I highly recommend this one!!
Melissa Ann
Mar 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was my first read by this author and I'm loved every page! This book was super hot and intense! I loved they story of Jake and Andrea so much! A bad boy pitcher for baseball team and a sweet southern girl who works at a PR in a big city, together the chemistry is off the charts!!! For a debut novel I am blown away at how fantastic it was! I will definitely be reading more from Mickey!
Joyce
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
I had no idea what to expect from this book. Mickey Miller is a new author to me, but boy oh boy did he hit it out of the park! (pun intended) I loved the heat, suspense and emotion in this story. I couldn't put it down! It was everything I love in a great romance.
L.A. Remenicky
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fab first book by this author. I will be reading more Mickey Miller books.
Janee
Feb 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Liked not love

I liked it, but I didn't love it. It feels like something was missing. Hear to explain why or what.
Shannon Mcfarland
May 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was recently introduced to Mickey Miller and Playing Dirty is the first book that I have read by this amazing author. I loved this book from start to finish. Everything about Playing Dirty was epic.

Jake Napleton is a very complex man. A star pitcher for the Chicago Jaguars, he is labeled as a bad boy in the baseball world. This persona is getting Jake into some hot water with his coaches and the team owner. In an effort to fix his social media appearance, the team has hired a PR representativ
Jennifer Diaz
Every so often I like to take a chance on an author that is releasing their debut novel. When I received an email from Mickey Miller to review I was like, ok its a baseball romance, I can dig that. I love a good baseball romance so I'll take a chance and read it. OH MY LORD!! I am totally blown away! I was very pleasantly surprised with Playing Dirty. The story flow was seamless and I sucked into the storyline from the beginning. I literally devoured this in one day! It's a HOT one that you do n ...more
Shayay
Dec 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Really enjoyed this! Playing Dirty had a lot more heart then I was thinking it would have, and I loved both of the main characters. Jake is a major league baseball player, who has a bit of a bad boy reputation, so the owner of his team hires a PR team to work on Jake's social media reputation. Andrea is new to the PR firm, but she makes an impression on the owner of the team, and gets tasked with turning Jake's reputation around. Andrea thinks Jake is one hot hunk of a man, but she doesn't want ...more
Ash P Reads
Nov 19, 2016 rated it really liked it
Okay so when I was requested to review this book, I was a bit hesitant. I'm not very in to overtly dirty books and was not sure that this would be a book I enjoyed. So imagine my surprise when I opened it up and could not stop reading. Though the main character is a "don't give a damn about my player bad boy image" kind of ball player, he is actually a pretty good guy. And the chemistry was more romantic that dirty.

Jake is a high profile baseball player. He doesn't seem to care that he is so bad
Cat Imb || The Reading Cat ||
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC fron the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Mickey Miller!

I just read the most entertaining, and heart warming book. Truly, it made my heart feel all warm and fuzzy, as I was reading it.

This book deals with an important issue; misrepresentation of people by the media. In Miller's book, the main character, Jake, is a star pitcher who appears to be all about partying and women, however, as the story moves forth, we learn that this is absolutely not true. I don't w
PayrollJoe
Jan 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
For a debut novel and my first sports romance it was a great read. The characters of Jake Napleton and Andrea Diggers are so well fleshed out that you feel for their individual stories.

Mickey Miller describes Jake's roots in a way that makes you understand why things like mass media images of him don't matter as much as what he's tried to overcome in his life.

Andrea is a woman from Tennessee working on an internship and gets Jake as a client. She also comes with her own baggage in the form of G
Kim Hardcastle
Nov 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
#moretoJakesstory......yes, there is....more to Jake Napleton, aka the Big Unit. The chemistry this man has on and off the mound is hot! Jake has been traded 'home' to the Chicago Jaguars and has a less than stellar public persona....he knows exactly who he is and doesn't apologize for it at all....Andrea's PR firm has been hired to clean up that public persona...it takes a cute 8 year old little leaguer as well as Andrea for Jake to take stock of his persona. The man will stop at nothing to hel ...more
Lisa
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it
Jake needs to clean up his bad boy image, without exposing his secret good guy activities. Andrea is the girl in charge of making that happen. They get a little side tracked from that by falling for eachother. Throw in a crazy ex Image result for crazy ex and a past that’s better left in the past and you have the makings of a good story.
And don’t get me started on Tate, an adorable kid on the team Jake coaches.
Image result for aww

Oh btw I got an arc of this book.
Misty
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great Debut Novel By Mickey Miller!!
Jake is the pitcher for The Chicago Jaguars. With a past he would like to keep behind him. Andrea is a intern at Green PR hired to help clean up his social media image. She's the good girl from a small town in Tennessee. She has ONE Rule. Don't date Players... Jakes up for the challenge but will Andrea see him for who he really is and not who his image says he is...
This book is well written with great characters. Great mix or funny and seriousness, Drama and
Aundrea Mielke
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
What a great read. Bad boy Jake with a heart of gold. Andrea is a great character with depth. She does not lower herself to the dirty level to make her stand, that is so refreshing. There is great chemistry between her and Jake. I cannot wait to read more from Mr Miller.
Tarrah Anders
Jun 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love me a hot baseball story, one filled with true sincerity and ultimate passion.
Who am I to pass that up.
  • From the Ashes - A Forbidden Series Novella
  • I Am Lioness (The Bloodshed Duet, Book 1)
  • Latte Girl
  • Under The Peaches (Teaching Love, #1)
  • The Friend Zone: Chloe and Skye (The Friend Zone, #1)
  • Breaking Giants
  • Welcome to E. Mayberry
  • Finding Charity
  • Metal & Lace (Opposites Attract, #1)
  • Confessions of a Mail Order Bride: Complete Edition: BBW Paranormal Shape Shifter Romance
  • The Silver Lining
  • Persistence of Vision (Interchron #1)
  • Release By Treaty (Qui Treaty Collection, #1)
  • Scoring the Quarterback (The San Diegan, #2)
  • Her Valiant Dragon (Her Biker Dragon #1)
  • Dom
  • The Bear Prince (Seattle's Billionaire Bears, #3)
  • Of Winged Creatures & Nesting Grounds
Mickey Miller is a romance author from Chicago, Illinois. His 'dom-coms' will make you blush as often as they make you laugh out loud. He enjoys connecting with fans "Mickey's Misfits" via his Dirty Thursday live feeds and "co-writing" over-the-top romance stories with them. When he's not writing, he plays guitar and sings in his band, the Dooley Band.

Ballers (3 books)
  • The Casanova Experience (Ballers, #2)
  • Dirty Trick (Ballers #3)