Start by marking “Come Closer” as Want to Read:
Come Closer

Come Closer

Sometimes appearances deceive. Take me, for instance. I look like a respectable doctor with his shit together, but the rural Montana mental hospital I work at is actually a sanctuary from my demons. At just thirty-five years old, I’ve already failed on an epic scale. Treating patients at Hawthorne Hill is part of my atonement.
I’ve found peace when a new patient turns me i
Published February 7th 2017 by Silver Sky Publishing, Inc.

Start your review of Come Closer
Aestas Book Blog
Feb 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
I just finished reading this new FORBIDDEN ROMANCE between a tattooed, former military doctor with a tortured past fighting an attraction to the one woman he can't have — a beautiful new patient committed to his mental hospital. I loved the sexy slow burn of their relationship and the way they had to keep their feelings hidden from everyone around them... forbidden desire, when written well as it was in this book, can be SO HOT!!! The story also a suspenseful twist to it that throws them both in ...more
Sabrina
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
PURCHASE LINKS:
*Amazon*B&N*

Daniel Delgado works at a mental hospital as a physician, and he loves his work. More than that, he feels like this is where he should be to keep his own demons away. But when Allison Cole comes in as a patient after seeing her sister murdered in cold blood, work becomes much harder for him. She's his patient and that means he can't have feelings for her as more than her Doctor, except his heart is telling him something much different.

I honestly wasn't sure about this
Olga therebelreader
**4.5 stars**

I was pleasantly surprised by this book. It surely is a sensual and emotional delight! I kinda was in the mood for a HOT doctor, and boy, did I get one.

Dr. Daniel Delgado is a force to be reckoned with, going after what he wants in a charming alpha male way but having a tragic past which develops such an attractive vulnerability about him. He is sexy, compassionate and caring. He has his own mystery past burdened with guilt and demons. He’s a mental therapist who treats many diff
Wil Loves Books!
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars!!

This was a fantastic read. It captivated me from beginning to end I was totally hooked. This was suspenseful, emotional, intriguing, mysterious, forbidden and extremely sexy. I loved every second of it. I’m a huge fan of Brenda’s books, but most of the books I’ve read of her have been sports romance so this one is a departure from that. And what a departure it was!

I love that this was different than your typical romance and that in delved into complex territory. I love that Brenda was
Michelle
ARC provided by author in exchange for an honest review

photo 847e6f763f933f2f1d5f801e65af77_zpsp5bj7abk.gif

Come Closer by Brenda Rothert is a heartrendingly beautiful poignant romantic suspense that takes readers on the cusp of an unexplainable tangible connection of two strangers in search of truth, redemption, and justice. In this newest sensation, Rothert sophisticatedly guides her readers into a whole new literary world where she beautifully blends romance with a touch of mystery and suspense. As she tackles this new direction, she brings
Kate
Absolute Perfection – A spoiler free review

A touch of the forbidden. A doctor/patient romance. It is epic and yes I am fangirling.

This has everything that I love in a read. Romance, suspense, chemistry, banter and an exceptional plot with in-depth characters you are rooting for every step of the way. With a very unique setting taking place in Hawthorne a mental institution.

Expect the unexpected with this book.

The heroine fighter and survivor. After witnessing the murder of her twin sister, Al
Bev
I really enjoyed this one and got way more than I expected. There was no angst, no miscommunication, no push and pull, no ex drama, no TSTL bitches, no insta love/lust, although there was definitely a strong connection between them from early on that was totally believable.

There was also a canny little twist halfway through that I didn't see coming, where the story kicked up a notch and the suspense came in. The book is not heavy on suspense, more on them building their relationship, albeit a f
Melanie A.
May 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Recommended to Melanie by: Syndi
Shelves: ku, taboo, contemporary
3.5 STARS!
I didn't think I'd ever find a life I wanted to live again.
I enjoyed this one, especially the first half which had me completely caught up in the main characters and their problems.

The story in a nutshell: Daniel is the chief of medicine at Hawthorne Hill Mental Hospital where Allison ends up as a patient after witnessing the violent murder of her sister.

I know the premise sounds taboo - and it was - but there was nothing dark or manipulative about Daniel and Allison's re
Syndi
Apr 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I love this sweer little gem. This is my first read by Miss Rothert. I get used to romamce book full of alpha possesive male and damsel in distress heroine. A lot fo sex. But this book is different. Daniel is the sweetest hero. I am so in love with him. Heck i dont mind being in mental institute if the doctor is as sweet as Daniel. It is very refreshing to have hero that is sweet and honest.

This book has suspense aspect on it. Murder mystery. I try to guess who is the bad guy and with that twis
Dilek VT
Jun 28, 2020 rated it it was ok
Shelves: meh
Actually, the book has an interesting plot and with better writing, it could have been a great book but unfortunately the plain and dull writing causes it to fail - at least for me, this is what happened.

As for the suspense part of the book, the plot twists are fine, not mind-blowing but fine. However, the resolution is absurd. The probability of it happening in real life is too low. A drug lord living in a simple apartment with no big garden and fences and bodyguards is not usual. Him opening t
Mandy
I'm a sucker for a good forbidden romance and this one was fantastic. I loved the chemistry between these characters almost from the moment they meet. This was a unique story and there was a little mystery and suspense with a twist I wasn't expecting. This is the type of book that you want to read all in one sitting because it's fast paced and you can't wait to find out how everything will work out. I really loved this book and I can't wait to read more by this author.
Auntee
Well I was looking for something a bit different and this fit the bill. Usually I'm not into doctors as the hero, but this wasn't just any old doctor. No, Dr. Daniel Delgado, the flannel shirt wearing, six feet five inches of hulking muscle was affectionately known as Dr. Lumberjack. Alrighty...

Daniel is the physician in charge at a remote Montana mental hospital. He likes the idea of being far removed from any big cities because he's battling some demons and temptations from his past. Daniel is
My Own Bookshelves
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: barbara fogarty
Buy the Book.
Inhale the book.
Then walk around your reading space to pick up the pieces of your brain.
 photo IMG_2784_zps8c94vl1k.jpg

If you are a fan of Brenda Rothert, this book is NOTHING like she's written before and you will be amazed by her storytelling like never ever before. If you've not read Ms. Rothert and you love a book that will keep you on your toes, it will blow your mind because just when you THINK you have it figured out, you really don't. Trust me: I fucked up those theories and lost.

photo 2ff_zps68d6p7wu.gif

5+++ stars o
Shayna
Sexy, suspenseful, and intriguing with a twist you WILL NOT see coming! COME CLOSER by Brenda Rothert had me captivated from the very beginning, with a unique romance between two characters you will FALL FOR instantly!

"Someday," I say in a low tone. "In another time and place, Allison. I promise you, someday we'll have more than this."

Daniel and Allison's story is so full of mystery, passion, and complexity. Rothert does a tremendous job of guiding her readers through this new world she
TereseDK
4 stars - who doesn't love a lumberjack doctor??!! Just sayin'...

This was a surprisingly good read. I read the sample and actually thought ".. eh... maybe, I'll give it a go when I finish this other book I've got lined up"... but then I slept on it, and found myself wondering about the characters the next day..

Come Closer is heavy on the mystery/suspense, almost more than it's a romance story, and that was fine with me. It's a short story but it packs a punch. There are no boring moments, the d
Nazanin
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, mystery, suspense
4 Stars

Well, this book was good and I enjoyed it. There were some awesome characters. This book is worth every sec of your time.

Daniel works in a Mental Hospital. Allison is his patient. She witnessed her twin sister’s murder and after that she doesn’t speak with anyone. She has nightmares and flashbacks day in day out. Daniel made some mistakes in the past, so he uses work to avoid confronting his mistakes. They can’t have relationship but every day that he spends with her, he more drawn to her
Michelle
Feb 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 01-signed
Come Closer by Brenda Rothert was an extremely unique romance!

Cole works at a private mental hospital in rural Montana when a new patient arrives. After experiencing the trauma of witnessing her sister’s murder and narrowing escaping her own death, Allison crawls inside her own head, unwilling to speak.

Cole isn’t quite sure if her silence is by choice but what he can’t deny is the attraction he feels. An attraction he shouldn’t be feeling for his patient. Through a series of encounters he draws
Anne's Corner Book Blog (AC)
Feb 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
HOLY HELL!!! Any fans of romantic suspense out there??? You have got to read this book. Thanks to Brenda Rothert, I got a whole 3 hrs. of sleep and my manicured nails are all gone ... this book is SO GOOD. It’s best you go into it blind so don’t read any spoilers because it will ruin your whole experience.

In a nutshell, the heroine suffers from PTSD -- she has not uttered a word since witnessing a murder. She is beautiful, sad, haunted and deeply disturbed by the horrific memory she can’t seem
Alex ♈
Feb 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: safe, hero-i-liked
A bit too dramatic and depressive, but very interesting.
Ann Lou
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 STARS!

I never saw that twist coming. Intriguing.
Denise - Shh Mom's Reading®
Jan 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
http://amzn.to/2ibv4e5 4.5 stars

I am may struggling to put this one into words, but I want to start with it was truly a powerful read. I know I am going to have to fight to stay on track as this book my heart and dealt with a clause that resides deep in my soul.
As many who know me personally and many who have witnessed the amazing support of the book community know, I lost my brother and only sibling Keith to suicide 12 years ago, he was bipolar.

The opening setting of this story, the physicia
Heather andrews
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Daniel is a very confident man, “no. You’re mine now. Nothing to be jealous of. I’m just wondering. Have you been with a man like me before?” I devoured this book from beginning to end I loved Daniel that man had everything going for him, he was a doctor, had tattoos, he was kind, caring and patient, he really was the type of man every woman dreams about at night.
Siobhan Davis
Actual: 3.5 stars.

Brenda Rothert is one of my fav authors and I was really looking forward to getting stuck into this book as I knew it was a new departure for her and a change from her usual genre. I enjoy romantic suspense and I've read plenty of books in this genre so I was practically salivating when this one landed on my Kindle.

Both Dr. Delgado and Allison were superbly crafted mains with plenty of flaws and I always love a romance where the H and H support one another on a journey of self
Erin
Feb 15, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017, mental-health
After writing this review I realized this is a 3 star for me (maybe 3.5) and not a 4. Sometimes I think I'm too generous.

Hero: 3.5 stars. So I really don't have a lot to say about the H. He's a big, tall, and handsome guy who is a little broken. He has made mistakes in his past and now he's trying to make up for it by being a workaholic and a caregiver of sorts to a population that he does care a lot about. I did love his passion for the patients.

Heroine: 3.5 stars. I don't dislike her but I'
Darlene Avery
Jan 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Come Closer by Brenda Rothert is beyond phenomenal. It is phenomenal times a thousand. I am seriously in awe of the mastermind and wordsmith that defines Rothert's creation. For Come Closer is truly a creation beyond all my expectations.

Rothert creates a storyline that focuses on characters that are flawed and yet beautiful all within the same breath. She relays these characters to her reader with such force and emotion, that you will find yourself completely captivated.

I wish I could give Come
My Pink Fairytales
Every fucking time!!! Whenever i pick the book i think i’ll like the least from by tbr list, i get a huge slap in my face, because it turns out to be amazing! I found this one on KU and i borrowed it a very long time ago, and i ignored it as long as i could.

I don’t even know how to review it. Our heroine has witnessed her twin sister being murdered and now she’s a patient in a mental hospital, where our hero is a doctor there. She refuses to speak or communicate with anyone, but falling in love
This read caught me off guard. I really enjoyed the subtle build and slow burn of their romance. There’s no insta-love here. I think it’s the held back desire, the hidden glances and touches, the thrill of secrecy, and the way that even the smallest of moments can mean so much, definitely held my attention. It’s a sexy, suspenseful, and romantic forbidden love story between a tattooed, former military doctor and broken woman (patient) who's trying to forget her sadly tortured past. Ms. Rothert d ...more
book bruin
Jan 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing

This was a thrilling and suspenseful read, with a perfect slow burn forbidden romance. You will fall in love with the characters and get wrapped up in the mystery. It definitely had me guessing and on the edge of my seat until the end.

The story is told from Daniel and Allison's points of views. I loved that they were both beautifully broken and imperfect people, trying to heal and move forward. Their chemistry was amazing from the start, but it was the time spent nurturing their friends
Dominika
Feb 11, 2017 rated it liked it
This book disappointed me a little.
First half was very good and it even had some interesting twists but the second half was rushed.
Gogol
Aug 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
I DNF this book at twenty pages. I skimmed forward for a few pages, but it didn't get any better. I think the writing just didn't click for me. As for the twist, (about the sisters) i think if you read enough books you can guess these things from a mile away. It seemed to be just too convoluted and jumbled with any thing that the writer has gathered through the years and wished to one day put in a book. Not pleasant at all.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• His Summer Intern
  • A Home for Lily
  • One Percent of You
  • Pull Me Close (Panic, #1)
  • Where I Belong
  • The Rivals
  • Medicine Man
  • Unmasked Heart
  • Slow Burn
  • Mr. Big Shot: An Enemies to Lovers Romance
  • Dirty Work (Filthy Politics, #1)
  • Stolen to Remember
  • Trick
  • Chase the Butterflies
  • Taking Chances (Healing Hearts #1)
  • Perfect Storm
  • Their Virgin Hostage (Masters of Ménage, #5)
  • The Boy Friend (Platonically Complicated, #1)
Brenda Rothert is the author of more than thirty Contemporary Romance novels. You can learn more about her books at her website, www.brendarothert.com, which features teasers, excerpts and trailers for her books. Follow her here:

Twitter: http://goo.gl/wYVa6E