Start by marking “Two Good Dogs” as Want to Read:
Two Good Dogs

Two Good Dogs

Susan Wilson, the bestselling author of One Good Dog delivers another powerful novel of loyalty and love.

Single mom Skye Mitchell has sunk her last dime into a dream, owning the venerable, if run-down LakeView Hotel in the Berkshire Hills. It’s here where she believes she’ll give her fourteen-year-old daughter Cody a better life. But being an innkeeper is more challenging

Published March 7th 2017 by St. Martin's Press

To ask other readers questions about Two Good Dogs, please sign up.

Julie
Two Good Dogs by Susan Wilson is a 2017 St. Martin’s Press publication.

As an animal lover, I was drawn to this book because of its title. Then the synopsis convinced me to take the plunge.

Skye, a widow, moves with her daughter, Cody, into an old hotel hoping to turn it into a profitable venture, something she has always dreamed of doing. However, fourteen year old Cody is carrying a heavy and terrifying burden, and this move has only compounded her stress levels.

Adam and his therapy dog, Chan
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-books
I've never written a book. Putting a few sentences down for these book reflections is hard enough, so I have nothing but respect for authors who manage to publish an entire novel.

Since I've been bailing out on several books this year I decided to stick with this one to the end. On the plus side, the book's plot highlights the deeply meaningful role animals can have as therapeutic healers for those who have experienced trauma or disease. I'll share my constructive criticisms directly with the pub
Carrie
Mar 06, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
After Skye Mitchell's husband was murdered she chooses to move herself and her fourteen year old daughter, Cody, to a smaller town and try to make a go of it running their own hotel. Little does Skye know that her daughter witnessed the murder and is now scared to death that the killer will return so she has shut her mother out and gotten involved in all the wrong things.

Adam March finds himself looking for a place to stay one night with his pit bull Chance when he comes across Skye's place of
Olivia "Don't Blame Me I Voted for Hillary"
This is the adorable story of Skye, who has just recently started managing a motel in the Berkshires, her sullen, rebellious 14-year-old daughter Cody, and Adam, who one day comes to stay at the motel with his pitbull, Chance. I thoroughly enjoyed it. ARC provided via giveaway by the publisher.
☯~☽~•Patricia Mainard•~☾~☯
There was absolutely nothing that I didn't like about this book! The writing was great,and has relatable characters. I definitely recommend.
Kim Territo
Jun 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyed this book. Didn't realize it was a sequel, so reading One Good Dog now.
Nancy
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Two Rescue Dogs Come to the Aid of Their Owners

Cody hates the Berkshire Inn her mother bought. She hates her new school. She’s angry, has no friends, and only relates to the artists in the local art colony. Skye, Cody’s mother, is at her wits end. After Cody’s father’s murder, she turned into a troubled child rather than the happy loving person she had been.

The dilapidated inn is trying Skye’s resources. She has a policy of no pets, but one rainy night, Adam Marsh, a grieving widower, and his r
Cathy Geha
Feb 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Two Good Dogs by Susan Wilson

Two good dogs – and they were definitely sweeties – is an interesting tale.

Fourteen year old Cody Mitchell is a mess. She has seen a murder and been threatened. She has cut herself off and become a loner who is badly treated at school. She is an artist. She is filled with anger, fear and teenage angst. She is on the outs with her mom for a number of reasons including the fact that her mom has moved her away from all that she knew. She is not very likable but I do un
Michelle
CindySlowReader
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
The only thing I liked about this story was the setting. I lived in western Massachusetts for the first 45 years of my life. This book jogged lots of memories just by mentioning certain towns, museums and even the mall. Other than that I was not impressed with the writing style, the dialog or even the dog's thoughts, and I love dogs!

I mean seriously, if your young daughter witnessed her drug dealing father murdered, wouldn't you find her a good therapist instead of moving her to a new school and
Christa
Mar 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook-arc
This wasn't one of my favorites by Wilson, but it was a good book. I liked the characters, Adam, Sky and Cody, but Chance was the star. He was a great dog! The storyline was interesting and kept my attention. This one tackles some tough subjects.

Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for providing a copy of the book in return for an honest review.
Kristina
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Two Good Dogs is the newest book by Susan Wilson (author of One Good Dog). Skye Mitchell and her fourteen-year-old daughter, Cody have moved to the Berkshire Hills. Skye has purchased the LakeView Motel and is hoping this is a new start for the two of them. Cody’s personality has taken a three hundred and sixty degree turn since the death of her father, Randy six months earlier (not that he was every around much). She is no longer the happy sunny girl. Cody is rebellious, sullen, and keeps to he ...more
Robin Reynolds / October Woman
I'm going to preface this review to tell you that I started writing it, then set it aside, then went out of town, then came back for a few days, and then remembered I'd never finished the review. And now unfortunately so much time has passed that I don't remember what else I wanted to say. So, my review is gonna be short and end abruptly!

This book started out as a bit of a challenge for me, and I considered DNFing it pretty quickly. The prologue is in first person, italicized, from the point of
Melissa
I love love Susan Wilson. Probably because l love dogs but she always pulls me in with such heartwarming stories about love and redemption between a dog and a human. Excellent read!!
Vanessa
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dogs
Enjoyed this book. Both dogs are pit bulls that were fought. They are both rehabilitated to be pets. One is trained to be a therapy dog. Romance of older adults.
Terry
May 15, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good book though I wish there was more to the ending for a couple of characters.
Patti Smith
At some point and time in my life, I listened to Susan Wilson's One Good Dog on audiobook. I think.
See.
This is why I have a love hate relationship with audiobooks.
I can't remember anything.
I know I enjoyed it, and I know that the dog's voice was one of my favorite parts of the book...but when I don't have the book book...I remember just enough to drive me bonkers.

One Good Dog is a story of redemption.
Adam March should be happy with all the trappings of life that he's set in motion for himself.
Y
Janet
May 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dog-read
Having only read the prologue I would give it four stars. Three stars for the body of the prologue and the additional star for the surprise.

Just finished. This was a really great book. The pace moves just perfectly allowing the reader to have a moment to sit back and smile now and then. There is always The Secret, though, and the tornado steadily builds.
As the tale nears it's end, black clouds move in and the pressure fiercely increases. In the depths of the battle, I find myself right there in
Ayden
Jun 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Kristin
Jan 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Found this book at the local library, didn't even realize Wilson had a new book out, and it just so happened to be the large print edition. 'Two Good Dogs' continues the story from 'One Good Dog', about lost souls of both the human and canine variety who find each other and end up being just what each other needed. In this case, while there are just 2 dogs in the story, they bring together 4 people. Adam and his rescue, Chance, were the stars of 'One Good Dog', and events in their lives have bro ...more
Mary Brown
Feb 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Synopsis:

When Cody, a troubled fourteen-year-old, witnesses a murder, she tells no one. But it begins a spiral for her from which she cannot escape. Her worried mother Skye thinks a change of scene is just what her introverted, withdrawn daughter needs and since her dream has always been to own an inn, she jumps at the chance to buy a dilapidated bed & breakfast in the Berkshires. But being an innkeeper is harder than it seems and Cody still seems to fall in with the wrong crowd. When Adam M
Melissa Kayden
Jim
Dec 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The cover of Two Good Dogs features two pit pitfalls sitting side by side looking out over a small lake in the mountains. It was enough to draw in my wife and I, even though we know a book should not be judged by its cover. Maybe it was the title, Two Good Dogs.

Anyway, we scooped the book by Susan Wilson off the “Lucky Day” shelf at our local library. And we were rewarded with a remarkable read.

Single mom Skye Mitchell has moved with her 14-year-old daughter to a small town, where she has purcha
Barbara
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to St. Martin's Press and Goodreads for providing me with a copy of this wonderful book. This is the first book I have ever read (and it won't be the last) that involved the voice and thoughts of a dog. I truly wish that I had discovered this author sooner, but now I will definitely seek out more of Susan Wilson's books. I am especially interested in reading One Good Dog. The ending of this book left me thinking that another book could even be in the works!

I really enjoyed the main cha
Paula
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
I received this book from the Goodreads Firstreads Giveaway program. Thank you author/publisher for the opportunity to read and review your newest novel!

Five stars!

Two Good Dogs by Susan Wilson seems to be the second in a series following One Good Dog. I wish I had read One Good Dog First. The reader is left with many questions that probably would have been answered in the first book. I enjoyed it despite this. Maybe I'm a sucker for a good dog book. I'm not sure how one would categorize this no
Angel
Mar 07, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In this age of A Dog’s Journey, it takes a lot for a dog’s story to stand out. Susan Wilson, a New York Times bestselling author, has written multiple stories featuring canine companions. Two Good Dogs is her latest creation.

Set in the Berkshires, Two Good Dogs tells the story of a troubled fifteen-year old girl, Cody, who carries a heavy secret. She knows who her father’s killer is. As she tries to navigate the treacherous straits of being a teenage girl as well as making sure her mother never
ReadaBook
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoyed One Good Dog and this book in that small series (which I hope will continue!) is just as good. Full disclosure: I am grandma to a pit bull so having two pits as main characters in Two Good Dogs already gives this five stars -- they are depicted in such a positive and powerful light that it is hard not to love these dogs! And in my experience, this is a more truthful representation.
Ms. Wilson is a good writer, drawing in the reader to care for these people too.
My interest is in dog-the
Kammy
Apr 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
As a dog lover, I literally judged this book by the cover and picked it up because it had two dogs sitting peacefully on the front(score one for the artist). This is the story of Cody and Skye Mitchell who buy a motel after Cody’s father is murdered and start their lives over. Unfortunately, Cody carries “The Secret” with her and makes their lives miserable.
Adam March is a lonely widower with a rescue pit bull named Chance that is his therapy dog(for what, we never find out, it is only hinted a
Kelsie Cortez
I just finished TWO GOOD DOGS and it was nothing like what I was expecting! One part of this book that I thoroughly enjoyed was that parts of the book were written from the dogs perspective. Super cute addition! However, my one vent for this book was the F bomb was dropped about 200 pages in. And then continually dropped thereafter. I HATE that, but against my better judgement, I kept reading. I had to know what was going to happen to Cody!! I found out about ONE GOOD DOG about 75 pages in and I ...more
Susan Johnston
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Princess Fuzzypants here:
I must admit it took me a while to get into this book. I wanted to hiss and spit at the young protagonist. She was such a messed up adolescent that I was getting as frustrated with her as her poor mother. I am glad I stuck with it because when the backstory is revealed and all the other major characters, human and canine fall into place, it is a very moving and exciting story.
It tells how damaged humans and animals can come together and help heal. It tells the story thir
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Another Good Dog: One Family and Fifty Foster Dogs
  • The House of Owls
  • Flyaway: How A Wild Bird Rehabber Sought Adventure and Found Her Wings
  • An Echo Through the Snow
  • Black-Eyed Suzie
  • Earnest
  • The Twelve Dogs of Christmas (Andy Carpenter, #15)
  • Dancing Dogs: Stories
  • The Lost Whale: The True Story of an Orca Named Luna
  • The Dog Who Could Fly: The Incredible True Story of a WWII Airman and the Four-Legged Hero Who Flew At His Side
  • Pure Joy: The Dogs We Love
  • My Gentle Barn: A Place of Hope
  • The Sweetheart of Prosper County
  • Weekends with Daisy
  • Rescue Road: One Man, Thirty Thousand Dogs, and a Million Miles on the Last Hope Highway
  • Pupcakes
  • Dog Crazy
  • The Bill the Cat Story: A Bloom County Epic
Born in Providence, RI, raised in Middlefield (Rockfall) Connecticut. Post High School Education, Middlesex Community College, Middletown, CT and Eastern Connecticut State University, Willimantic, CT.
Married, two grown daughters and a granddaughter and two grandsons - plus four step grands.
Lives in Oak Bluffs, MA, on Martha's Vineyard.

Those are the stats. I am a novelist, ten published, one in pr