Start by marking “Forbidden Kisses” as Want to Read:
Forbidden Kisses

Read Book

Forbidden Kisses

What do you do when you discover your lover is off-limits? Give up the perfect love, give up an esteemed military career or do neither and pray no one finds out?

Military regulations prohibit personal relationships between senior officers and their juniors.
Violation of these rules is a serious offense. Unfortunately, for Layla and Ethan, they don’t discover each other’s m
Published December 2nd 2016 by Sha Renée

To ask other readers questions about Forbidden Kisses, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Forbidden Kisses

Biggaletta Day
Mar 16, 2017 Biggaletta Day rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this book! I found it to be a sweet, positive and uplifting romance. It's beautifully written and flows in a dreamy sort of way, so I hooked. I got so engaged with the characters I nearly missed my bus and train to work.

I know the author Sha Renee HOWEVER I was NOT asked to review this. I'm doing this because when I read it I loved it, and when I have strong feelings about books - I get on Goodreads to share!!!

So Layla and Ethan meet and get together without knowing each are in
Michelle Austin
Dec 01, 2016 Michelle Austin rated it really liked it
description

Forbidden Kisses was a great 4 star read.

Layla meets Ethan while she was in town visiting her mother, Ethan was in town for his best friend's funeral. When these two meet there is an instant connection between them. They decide to meet later that night for a date.
As things move forward and they get closer, a huge twist sends them spiraling. Can these two make their relationship work?
I finally meet someone who’s intelligent, attractive, great in bed, abs
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
Short sexy read...which I thoroughy enjoyed

This is the first time that I have read anything of Sha Renee's and i really enjoyed it. I was a great book to curl up and read on a cool afternoon. The relationship between is hot and steamy and their attraction is instant.

Both have returned to town for different reasons, Layla to visit with her mother and Ethan to attend the funeral of his best friend. The two cross paths at the local coffee shop and BOOM - desire comes to the fore. A weekend at home
Phila Page
Apr 29, 2017 Phila Page rated it really liked it
**I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review**

Forbidden Kisses by Sha Renee is a novella length military romance and a tale of forbidden love in the ranks which asks the age-old question of whether love is strong enough to overcome.

We meet the two main characters one day in a coffee shop. Their meeting is serendipitous – a chance encounter over delicious caramel cappuccino. What follows is a strangely sexy bathroom scene that gives them the opportunity to develop their
DreamsAndScrems Bookaholics
Jan 31, 2017 DreamsAndScrems Bookaholics rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
Becky's 4 Star Review
Fast-paced and well-written, this is a pretty straight forward romance. The characters are easy to connect with and they're likable. The conflict is just enough to add that touch of drama, making for a quick, enjoyable read.
Sierra Kummings
Mar 31, 2017 Sierra Kummings rated it it was amazing
I've been in love with Ethan and Layla for a very long time. I read this book from its inception and absolutely adore the changes that have been made to it since. Ethan is a guy that every woman dreams about. Sexy, sensitive, yet still has enough 'guy moments' to make him a believable character. And Layla is the girl you want to cheer for. She is Ethan's match in every way. Sexy, with enough of a stubborn streak to make her perfect for her leading man.
Becky Baldridge
Jan 15, 2017 Becky Baldridge rated it really liked it
Karen Wright
Feb 26, 2017 Karen Wright rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An officer and gentleman

I really liked this book. The love story has a unique problem to overcome, I've never read before.
The chemistry between the hero and heroine was hot, hot, hot.
Tobborah
Feb 15, 2017 Tobborah rated it really liked it
Quick fun

A quick lively read with characters you can care about. While Forbidden Kisses is the first in a series, it does stand alone with no real cliffhanger. That said, I look forward to reading about the progression of their love story.

Layla and Ethan meet while visiting another city where they quickly fall for each other without discussing their work which later could spell detriment to their blossoming relationship.
Small G.
Dec 01, 2016 Small G. rated it really liked it
"I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book."

Ethan and Kayla’s attraction is what everyone looks or hopes for in love.   As soon as their eyes met, there’s spark. Thank goodness for mixed up coffee drinks!  They match each other’s wit, their drive to succeed and equivalent match of sexual prowess.

They’re wonderful weekend rendezvous is threatened when they both discover that Ethan is her superior.  They’ve never indulge in what they do for living and it’s this discovery that has
Lynn Reynolds
Dec 02, 2016 Lynn Reynolds rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
Rating: 4.5 Stars

Layla Matthews has an interesting first meeting with Ethan Parker. They’re very good at flirting with each other. It was interesting to watch an instant connection blossom into a relationship. Now the author could have left the story with the relationship building through the course of each chapter and I would have been a very happy camper. But being as creative as she is, she had to kick things up a notch and I wasn’t going anywhere.

Some may consider this a short read but in re
Rachel & Jen
Dec 02, 2016 Rachel & Jen rated it really liked it
Amount of sex - 4 / 5
How explicit - 4 / 5
Romance - 4 / 5
OVERALL: 4 / 5

Forbidden Kisses is the first novel that I have read from author Sha Renée and I truly enjoyed this book’s sexy and forbidden love story. Layla and Ethan met at a coffee-house and are instantly attracted to each other. Their relationship grows and they become committed to each other rather quickly. Everything is going so well until Layla meets her new Lieutenant at the Naval Base. Surprisingly, the Lieutenant happens to be Et
Lisa
Dec 02, 2016 Lisa rated it really liked it
Forbidden Kisses is a quick emotional read.

When they meet Layla and Ethan are both going through some hard, emotional times in their life. They fall in love while trying to get through some of the hardest times of their lives. The problem.... Once they go back to their normal lives they realize they are in a forbidden relationship. Neither of them thought it important to mention that they were in the Navy or that Ethan was an officer. Both of them try to do the right thing for their ca
LLEP  Book Blog
Dec 03, 2016 LLEP Book Blog rated it it was amazing
Forbidden Kisses by Sha Renee was a fun, sexy, loveable quick read for me. This was the first book I have read by her and I will gladly read more. Which I am hoping she does more of a full length of this awesome couple.

Layla is visiting her mother when she runs into a sexy man she can't seem to stop thinking about. And when she keeps running into Ethan, they decide to spend time together. They spend weekends together when she is in town, and text or call each other in between. They grow a close
Gretchen Anderson
WOW! What an amazing book! I’ve never ready anything by Sha Renee but I sure will be now!!!

Layla & Ethan….what great characters. They have both returned to town for different things but their chemistry is instantly off the charts! They fall into a relationship while in town together for a couple weeks. Everything is going great.

THEN they find out they are both in the Navy. AND that Ethan is her boss. I didn’t know this but it’s a big rule that you can’t have a relationship like this. So thei
Lisa Marie Gonzalez
Forbidden kisses

Loved loved loved loved this beautiful story. Loved Ethan and Layla. Their story was sexy, sweet, gut wrenching with the military regulations about dating each other, which I respect. I was impressed the author seemed to thoroughly research this issue and it was appreciated. I almost thought either of them would leave. I didn't think of OCS. That was a good idea. Those two deserve every happiness. They were so perfect for each other. Ethan was head over heels for her. She was wi
United Indie Book Blog
Nov 29, 2016 United Indie Book Blog rated it it was amazing
This author is new to me. This is a quick and easy read. Once I started reading I couldn't put it down. I love the connection between Ethan and Layla. They met each at their time of need. Layla is dealing with her mom's health. While Ethan is dealing with a death of his closest friend. They fall in love with each before knowing about the Navy. Sha Renée did an awesome job with creating the characters. This story is about a forbidden love that could get them in a whole lot of deep trouble in the ...more
W.H.
Dec 02, 2016 W.H. rated it it was amazing
Rating
5 out of 5 Hearts

Sha Renée is a new to me Author. I Love it when friends or promoters recommend a new book or author to me. Thank you!

What a sweet short read this is. Well written, fast paced, easy to follow, and quite enjoyable. I was invested in the characters and their dilemmas. I would enjoy seeing more of Ethan and Layla... such endearing characters.

The world building is consistent, full of emotion, believable events, and steamy scenes. This is a journey of self-discovery, unwavering
Bree202
Dec 12, 2016 Bree202 rated it really liked it
My first read from Sha Renee and I must say that I wasn't disappointed. I absolutely loved it.

A great story about a couple in the military fighting to stay together without breaking all the rules that were stacked against up them. A Smooth quick read with an interesting plot, fully developed characters and beautifully written love scenes. This was an interesting and engaging read. One I would definitely recommend.

Sha's beautiful writing style left me craving for more and that's the reason why
Wendy Livingstone
Dec 02, 2016 Wendy Livingstone rated it really liked it
This is the first time I have read any of this authors work, and I was not disappointed! When Layla and Ethan are back in their hometown for various reasons, they meet at a coffee shop, where sparks fly instantly. When Layla attends a meeting to meet the new Lieutenant she is overwhelmed when there stands Ethan. Is this the end of their relationship? You really need to read this for yourself to find out!
This is a short, steamy read, with drama and love. I look forward to reading more of this aut
Book Freak
Jan 12, 2017 Book Freak rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A quick and steamy read.

This was a short and steamy read. The relationship between Kayla and Ethan developed rather quickly. However, the author executed this story in a believable and satisfying manner to get their HEA.

Cheryl Johnson
Jan 29, 2017 Cheryl Johnson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
First time read

Very impressed. I've had the sample for quite some time. Glad I decided to look into it.
The alternating chapters matched up timewise.
They way they met was real sweet. Off to find more!
Chavonne N Thomas
Ahhhh

I loved the characters. Ethan totally a military alpha male. Kayla spitfire. A great couple on an amazing rollercoaster. Storyline excellent.
Rather Reading
Dec 27, 2016 Rather Reading rated it it was amazing
REVIEW: I received a copy of this book from the author or publisher in exchange for my honest review. WOW! what a great story! First is stats like two people who meet each other in a chance meeting, that might lead to friendship with a hook-up. Layla is visiting a town two hours away on the weekend to visit he mother who is I a rehab nursing home after a terrible illness struck her. Layla has been spending every weekend away from her home an work to be close to her mother. One afternoon she's si ...more
Jennifer Pierson
Dec 01, 2016 Jennifer Pierson rated it it was amazing
Forbidden Kisses is too short in my opinion, but only because I NEED MORE IN THE WORST WAY! I'm giving it the best rating because even in it's short length, it packed quite the emotional, and feel good punch. Not to mention some SIZZLING sexy scene goodness that was HOT HOT HOT! Layla is an enlisted member of the Navy, but when she meets Ethan, she doesn't have a chance to tell him. But Ethan is also a member of the Navy, an officer in fact, and he doesn't tell any woman that fact when they firs ...more
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Nov 25, 2016 MJ's Book Blog and Reviews rated it it was amazing
Review by: Jennifer
(4.5 stars)

In town to visit her mother, Layla meets Ethan at a coffee shop, and sparks fly from the beginning.

Ethan is in town for his best friends funeral, so not so happy a time. When he takes a time out and goes to a coffee shop, he ends up meeting Layla. Knowing that their time is only for the weekend, Ethan acts on it, wanting to see more of her. When one week end turns into another and then another, the two are starting to fall for the other.... but what happens when La
Chantelle Bouffanie
Nov 29, 2016 Chantelle Bouffanie rated it it was amazing
Amazingly Sweet!! I've reviewed this book for United Indie Book Blog. This author is new to me. This is a quick and easy read. Once I started reading I couldn't put it down. I love the connection between Ethan and Layla. They met each at their time of need. Layla is dealing with her mom's health. While Ethan is dealing with a death of his closest friend. They fall in love with each before knowing about the Navy. Sha Renée did an awesome job with creating the characters. This story is about a for ...more
Candy Box
Dec 07, 2016 Candy Box rated it it was amazing
Short sweet romance of forbidden love.
Sometimes falling in love is easy and for these too characters they sort of just fell into each other's arms. But there was something they hadn't gotten around to discusses and causes things to fall apart.

If your me being told you can't make you want to do it even more.
This was written perfectly and I can't wait to read more from this author.

Voluntarily read and reviewed this book for my honest opinion.
Connie McElfresh
Dec 03, 2016 Connie McElfresh rated it it was amazing
Shelves: book-review
This is a short quick read and begs the question is there away that these two people can get together and be on the up and up or do they have to keep hiding their relationship? You need to read this book. I can't wait for the next book. I was received this book for a fair and honest review.
Bookworm027
Jan 18, 2017 Bookworm027 rated it liked it
I was given this book by the publisher in exchange for an honest review.

3 Stars

This is a story of illicit romance, an unprofessional relationship, and forbidden desire. Layla is in town visiting her mother after a major surgery when she meets Ethan by way of a caramel cappuccino. Ah...l'amore. I've always imagined meeting my soulmate in such a way, by chance as it were. After such chemistry it's inevitable that things progress. Unfortunately, trouble soon arises, as Layla is an enlisted Sailor a
Sha Renée is a native New Yorker who left home at the age of 17 to join the US Navy. She now lives in New Jersey where she creates stories on the pages where duty, honor and passion unite.

A true nature lover, Sha can often be found enjoying the outdoors with a camera in her hands.

When she's not writing, she enjoys listening to music while drinking either a cup of hot coffee or a glass of chilled
More about Sha Renée...