Start by marking “The Valentich Disappearance” as Want to Read:
The Valentich Disappearance

The Valentich Disappearance

2.50  ·  Rating details ·  2 ratings  ·  1 review
A plane crash. A death cult. A nameless eldritch abomination rising from the black ocean depths.

Frederick Valentich doesn't know what horrors he's about to face. A routine exercise will soon become a hideous nightmare, as he stumbles upon an abandoned city with dark secrets.

This Lovecraftian short story is based on real life events. In 1978, a young pilot disappeared while
Kindle Edition, 2, 19 pages
Published September 1st 2014 by Smashwords

To ask other readers questions about The Valentich Disappearance, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Valentich Disappearance

·  2 ratings  ·  1 review

Start your review of The Valentich Disappearance
GigiBee
Sep 02, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I'm frustrated that I have to rate this so low, since I thought that I got at least sense of what the author was going for (though I'm hardly a mind reader), but The Valetich Disappearance falls short of expectations.

Having read a little Lovecraft before, I was intrigued at the idea of someone else tackling his ideas. That was enough to get me invested all through Part One, but the story quickly tapers off and falls flat in Parts Two and Three. The cover is VERY nice and someone proofread this
Clint Walker Jr
Oct 31, 2018
Shawn Pleil
marked it as to-read
May 26, 2017
Robert Stasica
is currently reading it
Oct 13, 2019
Geoff Lichy is a graphic designer and photographer from New York's Hudson Valley. He occasionally writes short stories and is working on a few novels. As a musician Geoff has recorded and produced over 30 albums and EPs since 2006, contributing to over a dozen bands of various genres and playing multiple instruments.