Start by marking “Braeton & Drew (Something About Him, #4)” as Want to Read:
Braeton & Drew (Something About Him, #4)

Braeton & Drew

(Something About Him #4)

Braeton has been told he’s a bit of a diva. Andrew has heard he’s not flashy enough. Can their differences pull them together? Or will these polar opposites allow society
Published November 17th 2016 by A.D. Ellis (first published November 15th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Braeton & Drew, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Braeton & Drew

Truuss / Loveislovereview
Nov 16, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2016, m-m
Lovely absolutely lovely read
It's also funny with the playful colorful Braeton and the somewhat stiffy but so honest Drew/Andrew.

When they met there was an instant 'love' well....they both had the feeling.....could this be
'the one'?
Braeton was a fresh wind in Drew his life. He had to help Drew with a new look for his job.
And there start their story....Drew was very open and protective toward Braeton and Braeton was the happy sparkle for Drew.
In their life one felt always 'to much' and the other
Meep
This I okay. I picked it up as a freebie and soon realised I'd stepped into a series, though it can be read as a standalone it was clear there was a previous story.

Ostensibly based on real life people/events I can believe that of the 'unwise' decisions the character's make. I'm rarely a fan of dual pov though which is why this book could easily be a case of 'it's me not you' Braeton acts ill-advisedly, causing hurt to Andrew but the pov felt a blasé to me, especially coupled with a pov change th
Jennifer Reilley
I really really enjoyed this book.

Both guys were just waiting to find the perfect person for them that would "get"them for who they are and try not to change them.

Andrew meets Braeton when Andrew is asked to let's say update his look. They hit it off from the second the met

There were some bumbled dates but they did not let that affect them getting to know each other and falling in love.

We get to spend time with some past characters and meet some new friend

Although they are opposites, they are
Emily Seelye
Apr 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the third book I've read in this series and it's my favorite. It's a lot lighter and happier than Jase & Bryan's books. It was pretty cute and sweet with a few laugh out loud moments.

In this book Braeton, Bryan's kind of ex, who is now a good friend finally gets his HEA with An(Drew), an ad exec. When Drews boss suggests a makeover would help him advance his career, he goes to Posh, the salon B works at and they instantly hit it off. A haircut turns into a quick dinner and a shopping
Ryane
This book was provided by A.D. Ellis and read on behalf of Thorns & Ink.

I love catching up. It gives me the warm happies. In this book, Ms. Ellis has not only delivered on her promise to catch us up; she has given Braeton his happily ever after and then some. I know with the holidays just around the corner, we are tending to read more holiday themed stories. This story, though not holiday themed brightened a dreary and cold Saturday for me. This is the perfect holiday read.

It is a celebrati
Cassie May
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reviewed on behalf of 2 Girls Who Love Books Blog
This book is based on real events. That being said I didn’t know what I expected from a MM story that is based on real events. I went all in and let myself be surprised about the outcome. And boy, how I was surprised.
I have read quite a few MM books so far and most of the time at least one part of the couple is this uber alpha personality. That’s not a bad thing, I love myself an alpha like most women who read romance out there, but this book was
Geoff
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was ok
My Recommendation: Not worth it. None of these have been. I've probably been overly generous with two stars. The stories could be great with a better author/editor, but the writing is hokey, the characters one dimensional and the stereotypes overwhelming.

My Response: Ugh, these reviews are going to get super short. I'm hate reading the rest of the series since I paid for them and there are some (but very few) parts that are enjoyable. I continue to wonder whether Ellis has ever met had a convers
Barbara Ingram
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
✨✨✨✨✨5 North and South Stars✨✨✨✨✨

I absolutely ADORED this book! I fell in love with Braeton from the first chapters and he stayed in my heart until the end when I had to let him go!

A.D. Ellis is a terrific writer and this story was so well written, it was like watching a movie! I am not going to recap the beautiful love story of Braeton and Drew, but here are some quotes from the book.

Braeton

“I’m a gay man, I always have plans of some sort even if that means watching kitten videos on YouTube.
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
*Copy provided to Bayou Book Junkie by the author/publisher for my reading pleasure in hopes of an unbiased opinion, a review was not a requirement.*

When Andrew's boss decides he needs a bit of freshening up, he sends him to Posh Salon, where Drew meets Braeton, a hairstylist. It's instant attraction for both men, but they are polar opposites. Will this hinder their relationship or will those differences help balance it out?

This was a quick and easy read. It's pretty instalove without much angst
Antonella
I'm happy for the author that I'm in the minority in disliking this book. Not that much happened and part of what happened was unbelievable or predictable. I didn't like the insta-love, the stereotypes, the internal dialogues, nor the slightly preachy value of some parts.
Kelly
Dec 02, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: books-2-blog
A funny, sweet and touching story

This was my first story by this author but the fourth in the Something About Him series; while characters do carry over, it worked well as a standalone.

This is an opposites attract story with very human, very realistic characters. Where Braeton has been told he's too flamboyant, Drew has been told he's not flamboyant enough. I have to say of the two, I identified more strongly with Drew as over the top isn't my style, but Braeton is funny and caring, and I couldn
DC
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Very sweet romance between two individuals (Drew and Braeton) who conventional wisdom would not place together since they truly were complete opposites. But, as they quickly learned, they were perfect for eachother.
I liked the supporting cast of characters and especially liked the lesson in diversity and civility that was handed to Drew’s boss. My only “complaint” is that I was looking for that bit of angst and drama that typically comes with these stories; the kind that almost tears the relatio
Suzun
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was ok
It’s sweet

Maybe a little too sweet for my taste. Almost like a formula. They’re different enough to make it interesting but they’re also total cliches. The author seems to want to make a point about the evils of stereotypes so of course uses stereotypical gay characters. The “flaming” gay guy and the no one would ever guess he’s gay guy. I found it annoying. The drama in the story isn’t very interesting either, and everything just works out so perfectly with no real struggle. Kinda bland...
RCA
Jun 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I so love A.D. Ellis's M/M books. The characters and scenes are so real and so heart felt it's hard to remember they are not real. Though in the opening the author does say that the situations in most of her books are from real life experience. She has such a a great writing style and self imposed rules about real places and fictitious places that it's refreshing. Braeden is so colorful and so unapologetic of his identity and personality, you cannot help but love him and Andrew the same. They ar ...more
Coral Mitchell
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
MM romance. Braeton Reed left his small-minded hometown and disapproving family long ago and never looked back. Andrew Hines has nothing against a solid, loving relationship; he just isn’t sure he’ll ever find one. Braeton has been told he’s a bit of a diva, he is 'too gay.' Andrew has heard he’s not flashy enough, 'not gay enough.' When they meet, sparks fly, but their difference may be too opposite for each other to handle. A great story of being who you are and being loved for that.

I voluntar
Furio
Jun 15, 2017 rated it did not like it
The idea behind this romance was nice enough, with two believable and realistic characters.
The problem behind it is the basic mistake of any beginner: Ms Ellis describes and tells instead of showing, one of the consequences being that the chemistry between the lead is discussed but never actually seen.
J.J. Ellis
Jul 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
WOW!!!

I thought i had liked the other books in the series but this one blew them out of the water. The characters, the love story... exactly what I look for in a romance. There was something so pure and real about Braeton and Drew and their story. And yes, the epilogue brought years. 5+ stars.
Lisa
Jun 19, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
This was a cute story and had characters that were relatable and likable. I enjoyed how Braxton and Drew each had to come to terms with who they are and the stereotypes they have always fought against. That added more depth to a really straight-forward romance.
Rhonda Caston
May 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Super special

I loved this story soooo much. It keeps your attention, it's sweet and funny. The characters are amazing and the storyline is deep and meaningful. I can't wait to read the rest of the series!
Kel
Sep 01, 2019 marked it as dnf  ·  review of another edition
Dnf. The characters act and speak like women but with male names.
Sylvia
Oct 06, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
~3☆~
Janice
May 22, 2017 rated it it was ok
story is well written but I found the characters one note
Mar 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another winner

Got me hooked again, I love this series, there just enough of everything, length,love,fun,humour,I will be a shame when I get to the end of this series.
ButtonsMom2003
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc-from-author
Braeton & Drew is the fourth book in the Something About Him series but it can be read as a standalone. This story really touched me. It’s told in first-person POV with chapters alternating between Drew and Braeton.

Braeton is flashy, flamboyant and there is no mistaking that he’s out and proud. He grew up in a small town where he didn’t fit in so he left after he graduated from high school. His family didn’t disown him but they still think he’s going through a “phase” and will eventually set
Jodi Ciorciari-marinich
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great Series from AD. I suggest you start with the first book (Bryan & Jase, The Beginning (Something About Him, #0.5)) to get to know these guys.
This is Braeton's story, we met him when he briefly dated Bryan.
The story is about how 2 men who are complete opposites attract. I really loved that Braeton was out and proud of who he is. Andrew or Drew as Braeton calls him is out but since he isnt the stereotypical gay man , he feel he doesnt fit in. AD has added a different twist to this story
Christina Wade - BFD Book Blog
4.5 Stars

I love this book. That is all (not really, but that sums my feelings up nicely). Sometimes you just need a sweet, low angst romantic story and that’s exactly this book. I love that they are exactly right for each other, not too much and definitely just enough. I love that they make each other feel worthy and love each other just as they are without wanting to change the other. I love that they are proud to be together. I love that they want to flaunt each other. I love that they aren’t
Felicia Eddy
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I first have to say I absolutely love this series from the start. I have been completely fascinated with Braeton since we met him in Jase and Bryan's book, so when I knew AD Ellis was going to be writing his story I couldn't wait. I am so happy that she didn't disappoint, by far this is my favorite book in the series.

All his life Drew has been ridiculed for not being typical, he enjoys sports, beer, and is not a great dresser. He doesn't try to hide who he is and is very comfortable being this w
Twinsie Talk Angie J
Check out this review and others at
www.Twinsietalk.com
www.Facebook.com/Twinsietalk
www.Twitter.com/Twinsietalk
www.Tsu.co/Twinsietalk
Newsletter : http://eepurl.com/brwkPv
Braeton & Drew b AD Ellis
I received this book from the author for an honest review.
BRAE!!!!!!!!!!! I have been WAITING for this book. People you have no clue how badly I have been wanting to read this. Mr. Size Gigantic is finally getting a book!!
Brae we fell in love with in Bryan and Jase’s book. We fell in love with his sel
Eleanor
Nov 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another fantastic book by AD Ellis. I love how she keeps her books and characters real and believable. This is part of a series and although a couple from a previous book appear, it can be read as a stand alone without detracting from the story.
Braeton and Drew are polar opposites; one "too much", the other "not enough". They click immediately and their relationship develops quickly. The characters have real depth and the story provides them with humour and banter which made me smile throughout

• Honesty and Artifice
  • Inhaling Smoke
  • Above All Else
  • Trapped
  • See You Smile
  • Chasing His Cottontail (Hoppity Shifters, #1)
  • Three Strikes
  • Snowmancer (Godsbane Prince, #1)
  • One Marine, Hero
  • Double Down (Doubleback, #2)
  • The Court of Lightning
  • The Articles of Release (The Release #2)
  • Raising the Rent
  • Dance with Destiny
  • The Invasion of Tork (Tork and Adam, #1)
  • Marketing Beef (Marketing Beef #1)
  • The Medicine and the Mob (Santorno, #1)
  • Merry Gentlemen
A.D. Ellis is an Indiana girl, born and raised. She spends much of her time in central Indiana as an instructional coach/teacher in the inner city of Indianapolis, being a mom to two amazing school-aged children, and wondering how she and her husband of nearly two decades haven't driven each other insane yet. A lot of her time is also devoted to phone call avoidance and her hatred of cooking.
She l

Something About Him (6 books)
  • Bryan & Jase (Something About Him, #1 )
  • Brody & Nick (Something About Him, #2)
  • Barrett & Ivan (Something About Him, #3)
  • Ryker & Gavin (Something About Him, #5)
  • Kade & Cameron (Something About Him, #6)