Start by marking “All For My Children” as Want to Read:
All For My Children

All For My Children

When her husband refused to return their children, and the Australian government and Lebanese justice system couldn't help, Sally Faulkner flew across the world with a television news crew to try to bring them home herself.
This is her story. This is for Lahela and Noah.

All for My Children is Sally Faulkner's unforgettable true story, showing how one Australian mother's l
Published October 25th 2016 by Hachette Australia

To ask other readers questions about All For My Children, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about All For My Children

Start your review of All For My Children
Melanie Tiegs
Nov 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A must read! Could not put this book down, it's a heart breaking story, be prepared for tears. A true story about the lengths a mother will go to for the love of her children.
Lou Grimm
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: given-to-me
***I won this book in a Twitter competition run by Hachette Australia***

I initially found it hard to identify with Sally because she made choices I think I wouldn't have, but then I realised I was falling into the trap of sitting on my high horse: I'm not in her situation. I haven't had to face her choices. That's why I read her story: to find out what happened and how she got there.

Sally's is a story of unequal power in a relationship, and in that respect it's like other stories of abuse, physi
Lisa Caruso
It's a terrible story and I wouldn't wish her pain and suffering on anyone, but the woman is a moron... I have no idea what would allow her to think it was a good idea to send her 2 children under the ago of 4 to Lebanon with her estranged husband. Seriously? The book is more about her upbringing and her childhood than about the challenges she faced in jail and the kidnapping process with 60 minutes and channel 9. Misleading and dissapoinitng.
Jessica Fealy
After hearing so much about this story via the news, I was interested to read the book. I enjoyed it but found that due to legal constraints, we didn't get much more to the story than what we have already heard which was a little disappointing. I also wanted my emotion/depth from Sally but didn't find it.
Lynette
Jun 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Breaks your heart to think what this mum and her children are going through. It's just not right.
I hope there will be a happy ending at some stage, the sooner the better. Unbelievable that in this day and age there is nothing anyone can do about it.
Annie Booker
While there's no doubting that she was treated terribly by her ex husband and certainly no doubt that she loves her children you have to wonder how much she thought about what kidnapping them by force would do to them psychologically and even physically if things had gone ever more wrong than they did.. In the end it begins to feel more like a tit for tat move - Ali took them from me so I'll take them from him. Do I think the kids would be better off in Australia? Yes, from a safety pov but I do ...more
Karlie Teis
Mar 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't put this book down. Oh Sally, my heart breaks for you. My children are similar ages to Lahela and Noah and from some of the places you mention in the book we are from the same area. I really hope you get them back.
Mike
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
With no judgement, very touching story!
Skye Ebertson
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book is amazing and I am so very sorry for what sally her family and her children have been through. I was unable to put the book down it was that good
Jun 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible book about how far a mother will go for her children.

I know Sally will get her happy ending one day.
Simone
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: aww-2016
Sally Faulkner is famous for reasons that no parent would ever wish for. Last year she attempted to snatch back her two children Noah and Laelah, who were unlawfully in the custody of their father Ali in Lebanon. Sally had allowed them to visit him, trusting that he would return them as per their custody agreement. Sadly he broke that agreement, leaving her heartbroken in Brisbane and absolutely desperate to get them back any way she could.

As most people know, the attempt to retrieve her childre
Jess Meyer
Jan 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Incredibly sad. But I'm glad I've now heard Sally's side of the story. She made some bad decisions but none of us could say how we would have acted in the same position and she's paid the ultimate price. I hope this evil man sees some sense or finds some heart to do the right thing before it's far too late.
Jenny McGrath
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Heart wrenching

There are many stories to be told to many children being used to hurt one parent our countries are so different our beliefs our culture and Sally has found out the hard way my heart aches for her and her babies
Susan
Dec 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a heartbreaking story.
Jodie Sinclair
Julie smith
Jan 05, 2017
« previous 1 3 next »

• Too Scared to Tell
  • My Story: Schapelle Corby: Fully Revised and Updated Since Her Release and Return Home
  • She Said: Breaking the Sexual Harassment Story That Helped Ignite a Movement
  • Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict (Jane Austen Addict, #1)
  • Homecoming
  • The Wife and the Widow
  • The Beekeeper of Aleppo
  • The Ones You Trust
  • Bluebottle
  • The Resilience Project: Finding Happiness through Gratitude, Empathy and Mindfulness
  • Good Girl, Bad Girl (Cyrus Haven, #1)

News & Interviews