Start by marking “Off Duty (Shots on Goal, #6)” as Want to Read:
Off Duty (Shots on Goal, #6)

Off Duty

(Shots on Goal #6)

4.18  ·  Rating details ·  107 Ratings  ·  70 Reviews
One kiss - that's all it took

For her to go from off limits to my off duty lover. For years we worked side by side and in an instant everything changed in the best way possible.

Jessica McBee was my best friend, my partner on the force and my only weakness.

When Myla Hayes, the wife of the captain of the NY Otters hockey team, is being harassed, we have to work together to
Published November 29th 2017 by CreateSpace Independent Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Off Duty, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Off Duty

Cheryl Whitty
Reviewed on Behalf of http://bookaddict.live,
This book is about Sean the policeman friend of Gavin and Myla, and plenty of other characters from same world. Sean has got used to seeing his best friends happy, fulfilled and in love.
Then he gets a new partner Jessica McBee, and he works with her for a year or two before either one will admit to other how they feel.
This was a quick and I felt quite a festive read, but there is so much packed in, with the story and the time line. This is no insta lu
Nikkita
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved!

The last book in this stand alone series, was just like the others AMAZING!Loved every page of it, I think Sean may be one of my favorite hero's from all the books!
Liz
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Off Duty by Kristen Hope Mazzola was a quick and fun read with a touch of the forbidden, but mostly a friends-to-lovers romance.

Sean Whistler has been on the force for a few years when he gets a new partner. Though he finds her attractive, she is his partner and off-limits. He introduces her to his friends and they all become very good friends. But as they get to know each other, Sean’s feeling begin to change.

Jessica McBee has always kept to herself, but when she joins the force, she gains no
Book Snob Sue
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book takes you through different points of times in the characters lives. Starts out with Sean’s first day on the job as a cop...which turns out to be one of his worst days. Fast forward and Seans best friend, Gavin the hockey player, gets stood up at his own wedding. Fast forward again and Sean meets his new partner Jessica. This book is a series of events and lives intertwined leading up to a major moment in the book.

This was my first book by this author and I did like it. Not sure I fel
Rachel Caplinger
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The semi forbidden love of partners at work, comes to real life in another one of Kristen Hope Mazzola's works of utter art. Another home run with this one from the USA bestseller author! A nice spin/off from the Otters hockey series that she has written, these two cops find themselves on sizzling ground and really falling in love in the best of ways-- with your absolute best friend and partner in all things. I loved everything about this book and I know I am going to sound all fan girl when I s ...more
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 Stars

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, secrets, suspense, and heartbreak.

This is Jessica and Sean’s story. This story is about beat friends and partners who over time start having feelings for each other. They work at trying to move there relationship to lovers. Everything is going good that is until someone asks Sean to take a case that could get he more into the line of fire. How will Jess take it? Is this the end of them? Or will they be able to move forward and c
Sara Oxton
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Off Duty by Kristen Hope Mazzola a four-star read that will have you fighting for what you want. This is the sixth book in the Shots on Goal series but can be read a stand-alone. I wish this story was longer, it was a great story just some-times it felt a touch rushed. But Kirsten Hope Mazzola has a way of making you forget that, the story between Sean and Jessica was sweet and funny made you want to be part of their world. Keep up the good work Kristen.
Elaine
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was short but it had everything from laughing to crying but oh man it was sexy and hot in all the right places. Sean and Jess make a sweet couple!
Spunky N Sassy
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

This book is sexy and awesome! Any reader of romance is going to love this book!
Julie
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, romance
A nice read. Sean and Jessica are NYPD partners who's feelings for each other have developed beyond friendship, they know it's wrong as partners are off limits, so they each keep their feelings to them selves. But how can they carry on this way? They both feel like they are living in a live time bomb.

This book was not as entertaining as the previous Shots on Goal stories, I found it a little confusing at times and had to back track several times to get the plot straight in my mind. I think if i
Elizabeth Horbaczek
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars

If you are looking for a quick read with a lot of action, hot cops, and a great story line; you got it right here. This is a book that you can read in a couple of hours and love every minute of it. The characters of this book are great. They tell a good story between all of them and you feel like you are part of their little family. This book only goes about sixty eight percent through the book, but then you get a sneak peak of Unacceptable. And that in itself is pretty awesome. Kristen p
Danielle R (Spellbound Stories)
Off Duty by Kristen Hope Mazzola is a quick read that I enjoyed...however I didn't love it. It revolves around two police officers who over time develop a relationship. While not a story of instant love, the two become close friends before they become lovers. Sean struggles with his feelings for Jessica regardless of his respect for her as a police officer. He loves her and the thoughts of her in jeopardy terrify him. The two are partners and are not allowed to have a physical relationship with ...more
Chasing Away Reality
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
I loved these characters, but I needed something more from this story. We were introduced to Jess and Sean in the previous books of this series and got to know a little about their involvement with the players, friends, and family of the NY Otters Hockey team. We also got to witness a little of the tension that existed between these partners, so the anticipation of what was to come was high. But the final story of their coming together just fell short for me.

If you haven't read the other storie
Michelle Abascal Monroy
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
5 SEXY BLUE STARS

I received an ARC of Off Duty in exchange for an honest review.

This book is about two sexy characters from Hat Trick, Jesicca McBee and Sean Whistler, If you have already read Hat Trick you're expecting this story just like me!! we know that Sean is the best friend of Gavin and that he's a sexy policeman who has a new partner the beautiful McBee. When I finish Hat Trick I was like OMG I need their story and thank god happened!.

In this short story that is part of the Bleed B
Sassy Southern
Dec 07, 2017 rated it liked it
**Disclaimer: Please keep mind this story was originally published as part of the Bleed Blue 69 anthology. It has since been expanded and is now a full-length book.**

Sean and Jessica, best friends and partners, have worked together as cops for years, but in an instant the way they viewed one another changed, an explosively intense kiss between them being the catalyst.

Jessica is Sean's weakness, and vice versa, and while both know their friendship could be at risk, as well as potentially their jo
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
***ARC Provided by the Author and L. Woods PR***

Sean and Jessica never seemed like real people to me. Part of it, I think, was the writing style of the autor which felt a little inaccessible to me. There seemed to be more "tell" what was happening than show, and I really never felt engaged with the characters in the story.

I think part of the issue is that this book really doesn't function as a standalone. The story of Jessica and Sean is contained within, but the problem is that you are also giv
2kasmom
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is #6, in the Shots On Goal series. It is intended to be read as a standalone novel. For reader enjoyment and to avoid spoilers, I would read this series in order.

Sean has a rough job. Good thing he has amazing friends. When he gets a new partner, the last thing he expects to be is attracted and have feelings for her. He knows if he acts on those feelings, they will be separated.

Jessica is excited to have such a great partner. He respects her, and even invited her to meet his friends.
Caroline A Woman & Her Books
This is the first book I have read by this author and it's left me a little disappointed.

Billed as a standalone even though it's part of a series was a bit deceptive as you are introduced to multi characters all at once and have no real idea of the relationship. I understand this is the case with most books of this nature but some are longer books so you get more of a back story.
At the beginning Sean is supporting his best friend dumped at the alter. Then it jumps few years where Sean finds him
Kari Hansen
May 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Low Blow - When Griffin was 16 a harmless punch led to a heart infection and suddenly he needs a heart transplant to live. It is a devastating situation to be in as you hope for a heart and at the same time you know that for you to receive a heart someone else has to die. Ten years later he still hasn’t gotten over the guilt, so he decides to meet the donor’s adult daughter.

Olive was 14 when her Dad passed away and she still feels a void to this day. She works as a mechanic out of her dad’s gara
Crystal
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Off Duty
By Kristen Hope Mazzola

Fast cute read. This is the story of Sean and Jessica. NYPD partners so they know a relationship and feelings for each other are off limits. How long can they keep their feelings quite for each other?

I really liked the blurb and was expecting more action than there was in the novella. The beginning of the book was very hard to follow with the flashback scenes. I found myself going back and having to read over the first few chapters to catch what was happen
Britt Red Hatter Book Blog
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If it’s one thing I’ve learned since discovering Kristen Hope Mazzola, it’s that you can always count of her to deliver something that will leave you happy. She’s the queen of fast, sweet, sexy romance. While not long, Off Duty delivers a beautiful story of love, friendship, and suspense that leaves you dying for more of Kristen’s incredible writing. I’m always blown away how full her books are even when they aren’t long. She has this ability to give you a story that blows you away while you qui ...more
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 Stars!

Kristen Hope Mazzola is semi newish to me but man I'm digging her style. Sexy. Sweet. Short. Light. Easy. And such beautiful romances. She gives me the type of love story that I love after I read heavy...in all the best ways.

Off Duty was such an amazing journey and a brilliant book. Captivating. Undeniable. Unforgettable. Jessica and Sean hooked me from the very start and didn't let go.

Partners. Best friends. Something more.
Sizzling chemistry. Steamy sexy times. Great banter. Intense..
Becky Baldridge
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another fantastic read from Kristen Hope Mazzola! This author has a talent for packing a lot of story into a novella length read - a good thing because I couldn't put this one down. Off Duty is fast-paced and a perfect combination of friends, family, romance, suspense, and action. There are time jumps in the story, which can be tricky, but they are done quite well and I didn't feel like I missed anything. Those time jumps along with all the great characters did pique my curiosity and completely ...more
Jessica
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
I volunteered to read an ARC of this story. No form of payment was received.

The story line was great and I loved Jess and Sean. Jess and Sean are NYPD Police officers and partners. They are both fighting their feelings, not sure if the other one is feeling the same thing, plus not wanting to have to get new partners if they decided to be a couple.

Will the two finally give in or will they always put their job first? Read to find out.

What I didn't care for was all the jumping in time, it left m
Kim  Brewing
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it

I haven't read any of the previous stories in the series, so I did feel I missed some of the connections. Although, I do want to go back and read them now.

This is about two police officers, a man and a woman. Sean has had a group of friends for ages and when introduced to Jess, they all fell into a great friendship. The problem, one of their friends has a stalker and our two in blue are fighting feelings for each other! The beginning has some, what I call "time windows" before coming t
Jessica71208
Dec 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Aclittle biy if everything

I really enjoyed this story of Jessica and Sean. While this is a standalone to have the back stories of some of the other characters would make this a bit easier to follow. This is not your typical love story and it has a bit of mystery figuring out who the stalker is. This is a shorter story that can be read in one for 2 sittings. Also this story takes place over the Christmas holiday so it was fitting to read this time of year. Also I loved the friendship that this gr
Michele McMullen
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the story of Jessica and Sean . They are thrown together as partners on a police force and they work well together in the field. Their group of friends know each time they see them together that they would make a fabulous couple in their personal life. Neither Sean or Jessica want to cross that line. The more they spend time together the stronger the urge to become more than friends intensifies ! I loved their journey it was filled with fun, sweetness , action and mystery ! Everything th ...more
Melissa
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Jessica is Sean's new partner.  They become best friends.  A year or 2 later, Sean kisses Jessica on duty and everything changes between them.  But, when they are to talk about the changes, they get an urgent call to go see Myla about a note she received.

This is book #6 in the Shots in Goal series.  This is my first book ever by Kristen Hope Mazzola.  I can not wait to read more from her and more of this series.

Great book!!

☆☆☆☆☆
I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.
Recommend this book? Yes! Author
Ree
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A nice book to read - not overly long but not too short. It's a little different from the regular friends-to-lovers tropes, but not in a bad way. It focuses on different aspects of other relationships in addition to the main one we're reading about.

It's light, and has very little in the way of emotional upheaval or angst. I was very surprised at the length, though, and felt it could be a little longer.

I voluntarily read & reviewed an ARC of this book.
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Bestselling author, Kristen Hope Mazzola, lives in the suburbs of Tampa soaking up the sunshine while watching hockey or football at beach bars. She writes contemporary romance ranging from steamy romantic comedy, angsty new adult, all the way to sports romance – with dirty bikers, hot military men, and swoon-worthy rockstars in between. A portion of her royalties goes to the Marcie Mazzola Founda ...more

Shots on Goal (6 books)
  • Hat Trick
  • Cross Checked (Shots on Goal, #2)
  • Cherry Picked
  • Low Blow
  • Playoff Beard

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99