Start by marking “Minerals - The Forgotten Nutrient: Your Secret Weapon for Getting and Staying Healthy” as Want to Read:

4.75  ·  Rating details ·  4 Ratings  ·  3 Reviews
Minerals are, in many ways, the unheralded and often forgotten heroes of keeping our bodies functioning at their best. While the nutrients carbohydrates, proteins and fat may be better well known, minerals are equally vital for helping us get and stay healthy.

They play a key role in combatting disease, helping your body heal, managing ongoing chronic health problems such
Kindle Edition
Published November 14th 2016 by Proactive Health Labs, Inc.

To ask other readers questions about Minerals - The Forgotten Nutrient, please sign up.
Monya De I must read your political wives book!

I am wondering if the banana recommendation is due to a misunderstanding.
Vitamin K is necessary for proper…more
I must read your political wives book!

I am wondering if the banana recommendation is due to a misunderstanding.
Vitamin K is necessary for proper blood clotting, and in in people who are taking medications that inhibit its normal action, you see easy bruising.

Bananas contain potassium in high amounts, which is abbreviated as....K on the periodic table of elements!

Lemon and orange zest, or vitamin C supplements, are a much more likely means of strengthening capillaries and preventing easy bruising.

Dr. Monya De(less)

Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
I started reading this new book, Minerals, The Forgotten Nutrient, and I didn’t even make it past chapter two before I started texting friends with health issues screenshots of this book.

Loaded with information about how minerals work in your body, this book is something everyone needs to read, especially doctors!

In short and easy to read chapters, there’s not a lot of fluff, just direct information and the references to support the facts. They offer charts that give you direct references to fo
Polly Krize
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

Now this is one is a good one! A great source of ways to incorporate those small but powerful minerals that we all need into our diet. So many books these days focus on proteins and carbs, but minerals have their place in our overall health.
Paula
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I reviewed this book for NetGalley.

This is a superb primer on nutritional minerals for laypeople. The contributors to the book, Drs. De, Gliederer, Jose and Ms. Stephenson-Laws do a wonderful service in explaining the importance of nutritional minerals for human health and longevity. This is a well written and researched introduction to a neglected area of nutrition, minerals, backed by many years of clinical experience and medical research.

The information is well-supported, with all of the sup
Proactive Health