Start by marking “Turbo Twenty-Three (Stephanie Plum, #23)” as Want to Read:
Turbo Twenty-Three (Stephanie Plum, #23)

Turbo Twenty-Three

(Stephanie Plum #23)

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  35,791 ratings  ·  3,610 reviews
In the heart of Trenton, N. J., a killer is out to make sure someone gets his just desserts.

Larry Virgil skipped out on his latest court date after he was arrested for hijacking an eighteen-wheeler full of premium bourbon. Fortunately for bounty hunter Stephanie Plum, Larry is just stupid enough to attempt almost the exact same crime again. Only this time he flees the scen
Audible Audio, Unabridged
Published November 15th 2016 by Random House Audio

To ask other readers questions about Turbo Twenty-Three, please sign up.
Jenni Snider The charm of these stories is that Stephanie DOESNT change!!! Grandma Mazur never dies. Lula continues to act like a 'ho. And Ranger and Morelli…moreThe charm of these stories is that Stephanie DOESNT change!!! Grandma Mazur never dies. Lula continues to act like a 'ho. And Ranger and Morelli continue to create the greatest sexual tension love triangle in all of chic-lit!! These are my go-to, easy to read, lighthearted stories for when I just need to decompress. Don't change a thing Janet Evanovich!!! (less)

·  35,791 ratings  ·  3,610 reviews

Ashley
May 20, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2016, ebooks
Because, apparently I hate myself.

Let us all join in on the Stephanie Plum prayer (that hasn't worked over the last five* years): Please, dear God, let this be the last book. Let her choose; or not. Just let it be over.

*possibly (probably) longer.

Edited to add 11/16/2016 (after reading):

My prayers went unanswered. In fact, any growth we've seen over the last few books (which was minimal) was completely undone. The men are just caricatures of the guys we liked so much. The feeling of frustration
Sandra
May 15, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
Team Ranger or Team Morelli?

This is like watching a train wreck. You want the series to stop, but still you can't look away (or add it to your wishlist for that matter). Probably repetitive like the previous one, though.
Anita
Nov 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
For the record, I am Team Ranger. I have no expectations that: 1) Stephanie will age; 2) Stephanie will choose Joe or Ranger and live happily ever after; 3) Stephanie will mature in any way. I do expect that this book will have a mystery to solve and that Stephanie will be right in the middle of it. That is more than enough for me.

This book fulfilled my expectations and I enjoyed it very much. I love these books for what they are and not what everyone expects them to be. You cozy fans may be off
Allie
Mar 14, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I saw it coming.

After reviewing her last two two books I knew another one was more than likely going to be published.

Sigh.

At least in her last book there was a SMIDGEN of a hope for some character development. I just hope Turbo Twenty-Three continues in this vein and does not leave the main character in an endless loop that has plagued the previous six or seven books.

Make a decision. Do something different.

Janet Evanovich, please, throw us long time readers a bone here!!!

I will be getting my cop
Adrienne

TURBO TWENTY-THREE
-------------------------------
If none of the characters are going to grow, at the very least, Stephanie should find Rex, the hamster, dead.

[image error]

Rex

As the Methuselah of hamsters, his time has probably come.
Norma * Traveling Sister
3.5 stars!

Always a fun, easy and comical read!
Diane S ☔
Reading Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series is a little like going to McDonald's. Quick, serves a purpose and consistency, you know exactly what you are going to get. Grandma Mazur and her very funny antics, Lulu wearing clothes she has to squeeze in to, trying to help Stephanie but usually making things worse, fires, wrecked cars, and either Morelli or Ranger coming to the rescue. The cases may change but not much else does. Choosing between Morelli and Ranger been the big hook with these, well t ...more
James
I am almost current with the Stephanie Plum series written by Janet Evanovich. I just finished Turbo Twenty-Three and there are two left to be fully caught up. I should get to them both next month... it's been an exciting and fun ride. While always humorous and page-turning treats, this one left me a little bored by the mystery hence the 3 rating. It has all the normal adventures and comical moments, but I felt like half the mystery was missing, and the parts kept in the book were disconnected a ...more
Jilly
It was fine.

Nothing has changed. It's like the Simpsons where the kids never grow up and everything goes right back to the start each week. Sure, you might smile a couple of times through it, but it isn't going to stick with you, give you strong feels, or make you think.

poor kid probably has a raging case of Carpal Tunnel Syndrome by now.

There aren't even sex scenes, and that would be fine if you could actually feel chemistry and romance between Stephanie and her two boyfriends. I mean, Ranger
Monnie
Nov 25, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
TGIF (or, Thank God I've Finished). My rating of 3 stars is rounded up to the generous side from a "real" 2.5, but only because a few lines made me chuckle. Alas, the rest of this one came across as just plain silly.

And I'm truly bummed. I haven't missed reading very many in this series featuring bounty hunter Stephanie Plum. And while I admit the last two or three weren't as stellar as the others - how old must Stephanie get before she grows up and stops making goo-goo eyes at possible husband
Kendra Hanson
Jun 01, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
always a quick fun read
Dawn
Apr 15, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another hilarious installment the the Stephanie Plum series. Keep them coming
Vicki Willis
I read these knowing just what they are and I think that's why I love them so much. They are just great entertainment for me and a fast read. I like that I know how it is going to go with Stephanie getting in the middle of a mystery, losing a handcuffed FTA, wrecking a car, something getting blown up, G-ma going to a viewing, Lula being outrageous,a little Rex and Bob and no decision being made between Morelli and Ranger (definitely Ranger for me). I had lots of laughs in this one and there were ...more
Calista
Usually, these books make me laugh. I found very few laughs in this book. Maybe it is too stale and all the same. Even Grandma Mazur is wearing thin and she is the best character. I was entertained, but I wasn't tickled pink either.

PLEASE, PLEASE Janet, please end this series. You can't keep drawing it out. It needs a decent ending. This is the worst one I've read and it's not bad, there are simply 22 others like it.

This had ice cream and all the other troupes. I'm too weak not to go on with th
Donna
Dec 02, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: crime-mystery
I have enjoyed this series. This book is the 23rd book in the Stephanie Plum series and I've read them all....in order. But unfortunately, this is my least favorite and the sad thing is, is that I was so looking forward to reading this one. I'm disappointed. Stephanie, as an MC, is lost and she is losing even more ground. There was no progression in this one for anyone. The dialogue was also trite. It felt like it was only adding to word count. I'm losing interest and I I don't know if I need to ...more
Amanda
Apr 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Another fun, laugh-out-loud installment in the series of bounty hunter Stephanie Plum. Not much has changed in Stephanie's eventful and humorous life.

Her sidekick Lula is forever hungry and there are a lot of descriptions of the foods she is craving, be it hotdogs, snickers, donuts, fried chicken - I always find myself wanting to eat when I read these books...

Stephanie is still torn between the mysterious Ranger and potential husband Joe Morelli and luckily they are both still keen to rescue he
Lana *Lifeinwordsandlyricscom*
Now, why would you do that for? Making an ice cream bar out of a corpse is just icky and wrong and ugh!!!

I still ate ice cream today so I don't know what that says about me.

I was dreading reading this book, 'cause it's the last one until the next one. You know what I mean. When the series have 20+ books and you think you still have a bulk of them left, and then that last one creeps in and you're like "Damn, is this it? I'm in the waiting game, again?" Yeah, I'm rambling, moving on.

There are peo
Jess
Nov 16, 2016 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-rental
Barbara

In this addition to the Stephanie Plum series a frozen corpse covered with chocolate and nuts may be the falllout from a 'war' between ice cream companies. Ranger's security firm has been hired to protect the Bogart ice cream factory.....and to expose a possible saboteur. Needing an undercover operative, Ranger hires Stephanie to pose as an ice cream factory worker. So, in additon to her usual job as a bounty hunter, Stephanie lends Ranger a hand.

All this leads to some fun scenes where a convey
Yvonne Baldwin
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hilarious and Fun!

What a great book. Stephanie Plum is back at it. I really liked this one, absolutely hilarious. Briggs is back to help Lula become famous by shooting a movie based on Naked and Afraid. OMG! Ranger and Stephanie are working together closely to figure out the problems at an ice cream factory. Stephanie has to go undercover and work there. Think Willy Wonka on drugs but instead of chocolate it's ice cream and Killer Clowns. Ranger to the rescue! Love him.

As for the love triangle b
Deb (Readerbuzz) Nance
I don't read series. Yet somehow I've read all twenty-three of these Stephanie Plum mysteries. How to explain that? It's the characters. I'm crazy about Grandma Mazur and Lulu and Ranger and Stephanie's parents and all the bad guys Stephanie encounters in the course of her work as a bounty hunter. As long as Janet Evanovich keeps writing 'em I'll keep reading 'em.
Thomas
Jan 23, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a light, fun read. Stephanie Plum, bail bond enforcement agent, is still going back and forth between the two men in her life, Ranger and Morelli, which is getting a little old. She is still doing undercover work for Ranger while apprehending fugitives. Her assistant, Lula, is a former 'ho, who prefers spandex mini skirts and low cut blouses.
Some quotes
Stephanie: "At first glance it might appear that I'm lacking in moral character by by bouncing men like this, but it's only two men." "T
Morris
“Turbo Twenty-Three” is another funny and endearing novel in the Stephanie Plum series. I found myself laughing quite a bit and thrilled at some plot threads that were explored. My only issue with it is that it feels like the author knows things need a bit of a shake-up after all this time, and began to go down the road, only to chicken out rather abruptly at the end. I hope she takes some chances on the next one.
Cyndi
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I still love these books!! Steph has to go undercover in an ice cream factory. The whole time she was working the conveyor belt I kept thinking, "when does the Lucy scene start? Remember, "I Love Lucy" working in the candy factory? She starts eating them when it gets out of hand? As a kid I kept thinking, "what a great job!"

Reread June 2018– I never thought going to DisneyWorld sounded all that great, but Steph makes it sound magical! Or maybe it was Ranger that made it magical. 🤔
Cheri
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Picked this up today at my local library and finished it a few minutes ago. Once again I found myself laughing out loud at the shenanigans of the regular crew. Once again Ms Plum is still caught between two men as the saga will continue. Now the long wait for #24.
Marsha Wilde
Nov 20, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: cozies

I don't want Stephanie to die. That's not a review of this book…okay, perhaps slightly. Here's the thing, don't start with this one. Seriously. Start here, at the beginning.

Fall in love with Stephanie. Adopt Grandma Mazur. Exercise for free as Lula transforms your abs (hey, they're in there somewhere). And, of course, choose sides: Cupcake or Babe.

I took a quick peek at what others thought of this one. I wish I hadn't. People are mean.
• Just end it already!
• Choose!
• I stopped reading at __.

This
Skip
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Pretty weak effort. Usual Stephanie Plum messes. Lula driving/crashing a semi was pretty funny. Why Ranger thinks Stephanie can help him solve security problems for his Rangeman business is one of the great mysteries of the universe, but he is always there to save her. This books is ostensibly about two warring local ice cream makers, one of which seems to be really down on his luck. Meanwhile Stephanie tries with varying degrees of success to bring in various people who her boss Vinnie has bond ...more
Kay Hudson
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
I still love this series. Stephanie and Lula still make me laugh out loud. If Lula's description of going into a public men's room (her idea for a new reality series, after Naked Bungee Jumping didn't work out) doesn't make you laugh, you should probably be reading something else.
Marianne
Jun 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Turbo Twenty-Three is the twenty-third full-length novel in the popular Stephanie Plum series by American author, Janet Evanovich. Industrial sabotage sees Stephanie moonlighting as an undercover investigator for Ranger at the Bogart Ice Cream factory. It would seem to be the perfect job, except for the yellow shower cap, the utter boredom and the chance of being frozen to death, a fate that has already taken two employees. Oh, and no free ice cream!!

As usual, plenty of madcap goings-on: in betw
Janet Evanovich B...: * Turbo Twenty-Three 44 126 Apr 02, 2019 08:59AM
who wrote it? 1 26 Dec 26, 2017 05:47AM
Around the Year i...: Turbo Twenty-Three, by Janet Evanovich 1 13 Jun 15, 2017 01:55PM
Goodreads Librari...: combine??? 7 24 May 29, 2017 12:58AM
Play Book Tag: Turbo Twenty-Three by Janet Evanovich - 3 stars 1 10 Apr 24, 2017 01:16PM
Madison Mega-Mara...: #21 - Turbo Twenty-Three 1 4 Feb 08, 2017 01:48PM
Book Review 1 25 Jan 07, 2017 03:08PM
  • Some Like It Hot (Cat DeLuca Mysteries, #3)
  • Full House (Full #1)
  • You and I, Me and You (Cadence Jones, #3)
  • Danger in High Heels (High Heels, #7)
  • A Grave Prediction (A Psychic Eye Mystery, #14)
  • Dead Ex
  • The Witch and the Dead (A Wishcraft Mystery #7)
  • Little Black Book of Murder (Blackbird Sisters Mystery, #9)
  • Killer Gourmet (Savannah Reid Mystery, #20)
  • Dirty Laundry (Sofie Metropolis, #2)
  • Florist Grump (A Flower Shop Mystery, #17)
  • Holiday Buzz (Coffeehouse Mystery, #12)
  • The Diva Takes the Cake (A Domestic Diva Mystery, #2)
  • Carrot Cake Murder (Hannah Swensen, #10)
  • Murder of the Cat's Meow (A Scumble River Mystery, #15)
  • Vanity, Vengeance And A Weekend In Vegas (A Sophie Katz Murder Mystery, #6)

Stephanie Plum (1 - 10 of 26 books)
  • One for the Money (Stephanie Plum, #1)
  • Two for the Dough (Stephanie Plum, #2)
  • Three to Get Deadly (Stephanie Plum, #3)
  • Four to Score (Stephanie Plum, #4)
  • High Five (Stephanie Plum, #5)
  • Hot Six (Stephanie Plum, #6)
  • Seven Up (Stephanie Plum, #7)
  • Hard Eight (Stephanie Plum, #8)
  • To the Nines (Stephanie Plum, #9)
  • Ten Big Ones (Stephanie Plum, #10)
“The problem with all that falling in love was that eventually it had to come to an end, and the end would be painful.” 2 likes
“He pulled his nose out of her cleavage and turned to me. “Gaylord Brown,” he said. “It’s the perfect name because I’m gay and I’m brown.” 1 likes