Start by marking “Beaver Towers (Beaver Towers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Beaver Towers (Beaver Towers, #1)

Beaver Towers

(Beaver Towers #1)

The evil witch Oyin has returned to Beaver Towers with one aim, revenge. She has tried to destroy Philip with earth, air and fire. Now she uses her last and most dangerous means of attack, water. Philip must head for the sea as his friend is in danger. He has dared to defy Oyin once but this time she is waiting for him.
108 pages
Published September 4th 1980 by Abelard-Schuman

To ask other readers questions about Beaver Towers, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beaver Towers

Amy Barrett
Sep 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
Beaver Towers by Nigel Hinton

Beaver Towers is a story about a boy called Philip whose kite takes him to a strange shape island, where he meets a Robin who understands him and some talking beavers. The Island has been taken over by an evil witch called Oyin who creates Growers to keep control while she is away. She and her evil Growers live in Beaver Towers and have taken the island inhabitants as prisoners. The beavers believe that Philip is the saver and with the help of the other animals frees
Jodie
Oct 16, 2013 rated it liked it
Beaver Towers is about a young boy called Philip who goes out to fly his kite, and gets blown away to a small Island inhabited by Beavers. He meets Baby B, and his grandfather Mr. Edgar, who explains to him that an evil witch called Oyin is about to imprison the whole island and the only thing that could stop her is a purple spell book in the library. Mrs Badger is not impressed but Mr Edgar agrees it is the only way to save the Island. However, in their mission Baby B is captured by the growler ...more
Melanie Williams
Apr 02, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I first read this series of books when I was in primary school. Something about these books stuck with me into adulthood. I remember for an English project having to write our own short stories and for mine I wrote the next book in this series.
For many years, all I could remember about this series was that it involved witches and beavers and had some connection with stonehenge. Thanks to the power of the internet, many years later I was able to type this into Google and find out the books name
theBookDevourer
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: children-s-books
I absolutely adore this book - just as much as I did when my teacher Ms Giles read it to my (UK) Year 3 class. The story may move a little fast but it is written for ages 7 and above. I found the characters to be well rounded and despite any real description of them I have an image of each of them in my head as I write.
Amshu Gajurel
Aug 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
One of my fav books.Brings back so many memories.
Eve K
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I can't remember much about this book, only the fact I absolutely loved it when I read it as a kid. Every few years I remember little bits of it and just assumed I'll never find it again as it was so elusive in my memory but yay for goodreads! I definitely want my child to read this as it had such an impact on my imagination and creativity, it 100% deserves 5 stars, can't wait to read the rest of the series.
Susanne
Apr 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Awesome children story

This was a story about Philip who gets exited about a kite. The kite leads Philip into an adventure where beavers need him to save them from an evil witch. If you have children they will enjoy this story. This was light reading for me but I really enjoyed it.
RhiannaH
A lovely adventure story about a boy and a young beaver who try and recapture their island from a terrible curse. Ideal for younger readers due to the short nature of the chapters - could be recommended as a first chapter book.
Emily
Jan 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this book as a child and re-read it recently with my 10 year old. We really enjoyed reading it together, the characters were just as good second time around. We can't wait to get started on the next one in the series!
Just_me
Jan 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: kids-books
Typical kids book. Kid goes on an adventure, meets new friends, comes across baddie, defeats baddie, all live happily ever after. Oh with a bit of magic thrown in.
Trisha Wartooth
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: nov-18-tbr
Such a beautiful children's book. I definitely recommend to read to any child or if you are down and want a heart felt story
Georgina Willetts
A little boy called Phillip is flying his kite in his garden when a black cloud comes down from the sky and takes him on an adventure.

Mr. Edgar the Beaver is trying to remember spells from his books which had been stolen by the witch when he mistakingly sends the cloud to get Phillip. The animals think he has come to save them from the witch and Growlers.

Phillip meets lots of friends along the way including Baby B, Mrs Badger and Sargeant Robin.

The little boy tries to help return Beaver Towers
Kathryn
At around 100 pages this is only a short story. It is aimed at ages 7 and up.
It's the story of a boy, Philip, who gets carried off by his kite and ends up on a magical island inhabited by woodland animals.
The island has been taken over by an evil witch and her magical army of Growlers. In order to banish the witch and save the island Philip must sneak into the castle and find the magic spell book.

Because it's aimed at younger readers the story moved very fast and it seemed like everything was
Den
Apr 25, 2015 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2015, children
This is a brilliant book for children who have learnt to read. The chapters are short, there are small illustrations and there's plenty of action - one of those books where a child would want to keep reading. Can see me reading it to some of the pupils we have for a short period and then getting them to write a story in a similar vein. Very good.
Carrie-Anne
Apr 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
relisten to every year. :-)
Book is always the answer
Nov 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Úžasná kniha! to už je let, co jsem to četla :)
Kirsty
Mar 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I ever got a library fine for, because I just could'nt bear to take it back! I recently read it again (for old times sake!) and still found it fantastic!
Tracey S
Apr 15, 2017
Wahab
rated it did not like it
Nov 19, 2017
Nov 16, 2014
Hykospia
Jun 14, 2010
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Nigel Hinton was born and educated in London. After two years in advertising, he worked as an English teacher for nine years. His first novel, Collision Course (winner of the Dutch Silver Pen Award) was written as a result of a challenge from one of his pupils. He began teaching part-time and also worked as a professional actor before concentrating on his writing.

Nigel is the ever-popular author t

Beaver Towers (4 books)
  • The Witch's Revenge (Beaver Towers, #2)
  • The Dangerous Journey (Beaver Towers, #3)
  • The Dark Dream (Beaver Towers, #4)