Start by marking “The Haunted Bridge (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #15)” as Want to Read:
The Haunted Bridge (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #15)

The Haunted Bridge

(Nancy Drew Mystery Stories #15)

Nancy Drew is visiting Deer Mountain Lodge to help her father with a case involving jewel thieves and while there, comes across another mystery involving a haunted bridge! How Nancy solves both mysteries and competes in a golf tournament despite her injurred arm is exciting and fun reading. l
Published 1972 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published 1937)

Start your review of The Haunted Bridge (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #15)
Jessaka
Jun 11, 2015 rated it it was amazing
A Ghostiing We Will Go

Nancy has a golf tournament to attend, and along with her is her she brings her girlfriends, her boyfriend Ned, and her father. How exiting, golf. Not! I remember loving this book when I was much younger, and while reading it I could see why. At least the golf tournament didn’t take over the entire book.

So, while playing golf someone points out a bridge to Nancy that leads into the woods and tells her that she should not cross the bridge due to ghosts. Ghosts? Yes. And thi
Moonkiszt
Nancy's 15th dip into the wild world of mystery solving took her out on a trip with her father to a resort to help him with clients, and to GOLF. GOLFING is heavily featured in this adventure. The woodland and ancient cabin, are adjacent to the golf course, and as you can surely imagine, there is a golfing event and Nancy is one of the contenders for the prize.

In this one there is a romance, reunited lovers, screaming&wailing - unidentified, scary scarecrows, caged animals, a mostly comatose old
Kristen Freiburger
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Andrew bought me a 1937 edition for my Christmas present this year. Hands down my favorite present this holiday. I thoroughly enjoyed the thick paper/pages, "old time" typeface and dated verbiage. It was like seeing an old dear friend after many years apart. Brings back wonderful memories for me.
Kate ★
Mar 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beat-the-heat
Compared to the last Nancy Drew novel I've read, this one was so much better, probably due to the fact that this is a later piece.

Mystery-wise, it is the usual Nancy-Drew-is-so-lucky scheme to be at the right place, and in the right time, to have met people that would help her solve the case, even her finding that small brass chest that would help determining the suspects.

I did like the plot-twist where a character was highly suspicious but turned out to be uninvolved. And, can I just say I love
Mara
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Young girls
Recommended to Mara by: Nette Quindoza
Nancy Drew is the first series I developed an addiction to. Through Nancy Drew, I realized that determination, intelligence, loyalty and most of all, curiosity can make great things. Nancy Drew changed my childhood in ways I cannot even describe or fathom. It has been life when I was a child. This book opened me to the world of books and from then on, I never want to leave it. The joy I feel whenever I pick a book and read, I owe it all to Nancy Drew.
Whitney
Feb 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: nancy-drew
Golf resort mystery for Nancy and her friends! Nancy always plays a perfect round of golf, except when she injures her hand.

Suspicious missing jewelry? Keep a lookout for someone wearing lots of it.

More golf.

An annoying man who always boasts and changes his handwriting.

Don't go over that bridge that leads to that mysterious abandoned mansion.

Golf tournament.

Congratulations, Nancy (as usual.)
John Yelverton
Jul 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Spooky of story of Nancy Drew trying to solve the mystery of a haunted bridge, and then gets involved with jewel thieves.
Sheila
May 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Amazingly, I don't think there was a kidnapping in this one! The ghost writers known as "Carolyn Keene" must have started getting creative by this one (book #15) as there were some characters and plot distractions and twists in this one that "suggested" the story was going to lead one way, then in the end it turned out to be something else. In fact, the whole Haunted Bridge (which is the name of the book) turned out to be a silly side story.
Megan Lengel
Aug 18, 2009 rated it liked it
Mr. Drew is on the trail of an international ring of jewel thieves and asks Nancy to assist him. The trail leads to a summer resort area. Before Nancy has a chance to start work on her father's case, a golf caddy tells her a frightning tale. In the dense woods nearby is an old wooden footbridge guarded by a ghost! Intrigued by the caddy's story, Nancy decides to invesigate.
David Hines
Dec 25, 2019 rated it liked it
I've been reading a bunch of Nancy Drew books, and this is the first one I've had mixed feelings about. Even the title doesn't really comport with the adventure. There is no "haunted" bridge-- early in the book the "ghost" is revealed to be nothing more than an old scarecrow and that detail has little import in the rest of the book. After crossing the dilapidated "haunted" bridge Nancy finds an old brass box full of jewels and that ties her into a jewel thievery case of her father's. Meanwhile N ...more
Fern Kuntz
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Josiah
Mar 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Barbara
Jun 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
"Gee Nancy, that's swell!" It was on my shelf so I decided to see if Nancy Drew still held the same allure as an adult as she did when I was a kid. She did! A fun and easy read, but what was interesting was the level of vocabulary compared to children's books today; the vocabulary was much more advanced and educated. Sad. Ned is still a dufus though.
Jessi
Aug 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Is there anything that Nancy can't do? Even after spraining her hand, she manages to bring down a ring of jewel thieves, reunite star-crossed lovers and even win a golf tournament. Can I be her when I grow up?
Susan
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: nancy-drew, 2018
Pretty good addition to the Nancy Drew series. Mystery was interesting though the spooky element was short-lived and explained at the beginning of the book. I found the golf play confusing but otherwise it was a fun story.
Kevin Findley
A solid entry in the series, but the two most interesting aspects (a possible forger and a mountain lion) were only peripheral to the mystery. The reader barely sees the villains and an interrupted romance only slows down the plot.

Find it. Read it.
Becca
Mar 23, 2015 added it
sometimes u just gotta read some nancy drew.
Melanie
Dec 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Another good Nancy Drew mystery. I liked the golf tournament part of the story and the new characters.
Grace Lynch
May 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Good mystery!
Anamika
May 21, 2020 added it
Shelves: nancy, my-book
Linda Klinedinst
The Haunted Bridge by Carolyn Keene - Book #15 in Nancy Drew Mystery Series.

I really enjoyed this book. It is so good. I love Nancy Drew Mystery Series. I give this book 5/5 Stars.

I now have read the first 15 Books in the Series.

Happy Reading :)
Alicia 🌻
May 04, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: i-own-it
Nancy Drew and her friends are on their latest adventure at a resort with a golf course which has a “haunted bridge.” DUN DUN DUNNN.
I honestly am not sure why they decided to title this “The Haunted Bridge” because the “mystery” of the bridge gets solved pretty quickly. What the bridge leads to, however, is another story. This was one of my more favorite Nancy Drew stories that I have read so far. It was a lot more exciting and did not contain the very typical Nancy Drew gets kidnapped at some p
Debalina
One extra star for crappy theives and smugglers and making me happy! 👻
Sara
May 03, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Escapism during covid

Nancy drew books are all delightfully convenient, it’s impressive how often Nancy seems to literally stumble on to some lost item that hasn’t been seen for years in just about every novel. But I have to admit, they have been great nostalgic candy for quarantining at home these days.
Ashley
Sep 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Eve Alana
Apr 25, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: nancy-drew
I could barely distinguish between this one and The Whispering Statue. I didn't hate it, but I was left with so many questions.
Suziey
Dec 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Okay I really liked this one. Mostly because I could relate to Nancy Drew.

Nancy is visiting a beach resort with her father and friends (Bess and George). Mr. Drew is hunting down members of an international smuggling ring and asks his daughter for her help. While she helps her father, Nancy comes across her own mystery. A haunted bridge. Is there really a ghost, or is it something else?

Besides all the sleuthing Nancy does, she also enters a golf tournament with an injured hand. As if this girl i
01kylies
May 13, 2012 rated it really liked it
Nancy Drew does it again. I love the Nancy Drew books; to me they bring back memories of childhood and tradition. I could hardly put this book down! I just had to know what Nancy was doing, and what she would do next!
When I was reading this book, I read a lot of it in bed before I went to sleep. I would plan on only reading a little bit, but then I'd start and want to read one more chapter, and then one more, just one more, and before I knew it, it was nearly midnight!
I really liked this part
thewestchestarian
Jan 30, 2015 rated it really liked it
Nancy plays tournament golf...oh!, and there's a mystery as well. Departing from the standard series formula, Nancy's adventures on the links play a near equal narrative driver with the underlying mystery of a supposed haunted, golf-ball stealing bridge. A search of The Rules of Golf reveals no special relief for haunted obstructions so Nancy and the gang have to shoot around this one on the 16th hole. She does and apparently at a championship level despite being 18 years old and none of the boo ...more
Kristi Richardson
I have the whole set of the older books 1 through 56 and I have decided to read them again. This book is number 15 in the series and the 1939 version.

Nancy Drew and her friends are at a resort helping her father locate a jewelry box and identify the thieves that stole the jewels. While at the resort Nancy enters a golf tournament and encounters a haunted bridge when her ball goes off course.

There are lots of interesting people in this book. Mortimer Bartescue is a very unusual character. He ne
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Gatehouse Mystery (Trixie Belden #3)
  • The Mystery Off Glen Road (Trixie Belden, #5)
  • The Red Trailer Mystery (Trixie Belden, #2)
  • While the Clock Ticked (The Hardy Boys, #11)
  • The Secret of the Mansion (Trixie Belden, #1)
  • The Mysterious Visitor (Trixie Belden, #4)
  • Mystery in Arizona (Trixie Belden, #6)
  • The Boxcar Children Beginning: The Aldens of Fair Meadow Farm
  • The Tower Treasure (The Hardy Boys, #1)
  • The Hidden Harbor Mystery (The Hardy Boys, #14)
  • Mallory and the Mystery Diary (The Baby-Sitters Club, #29)
  • The Mark on the Door (The Hardy Boys, #13)
  • The Secret of the Caves (The Hardy Boys, #7)
  • Jessi's Baby-sitter (The Baby-Sitters Club, #36)
  • The Unofficial Ultimate Harry Potter Spellbook: A complete reference guide to every spell in the wizarding world
  • Walt Disney's Annette and the Mystery at Smugglers' Cove
  • A Figure in Hiding (The Hardy Boys, #16)
  • The Clue of the Hissing Serpent  (Hardy Boys, #53)

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str

Nancy Drew Mystery Stories (1 - 10 of 175 books)
  • The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #1)
  • The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories #2)
  • The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #3)
  • The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #4)
  • The Secret of Shadow Ranch (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #5)
  • The Secret of Red Gate Farm (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #6)
  • The Clue in the Diary (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #7)
  • Nancy's Mysterious Letter (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #8)
  • The Sign of the Twisted Candles (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #9)
  • Password to Larkspur Lane (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #10)