Start by marking “The Haunted Bridge (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #15)” as Want to Read:
The Haunted Bridge (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #15)

The Haunted Bridge

(Nancy Drew #15)

Nancy Drew is visiting Deer Mountain Lodge to help her father with a case involving jewel thieves and while there, comes across another mystery involving a haunted bridge! How Nancy solves both mysteries and competes in a golf tournament despite her injurred arm is exciting and fun reading. l
Published 1972 by Grosset & Dunlap (first published 1937)

Kristen
Jan 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Andrew bought me a 1937 edition for my Christmas present this year. Hands down my favorite present this holiday. I thoroughly enjoyed the thick paper/pages, "old time" typeface and dated verbiage. It was like seeing an old dear friend after many years apart. Brings back wonderful memories for me.
Kate ★
Mar 08, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: beat-the-heat
Compared to the last Nancy Drew novel I've read, this one was so much better, probably due to the fact that this is a later piece.

Mystery-wise, it is the usual Nancy-Drew-is-so-lucky scheme to be at the right place, and in the right time, to have met people that would help her solve the case, even her finding that small brass chest that would help determining the suspects.

I did like the plot-twist where a character was highly suspicious but turned out to be uninvolved. And, can I just say I love
Whitney
Feb 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: nancy-drew
Golf resort mystery for Nancy and her friends! Nancy always plays a perfect round of golf, except when she injures her hand.

Suspicious missing jewelry? Keep a lookout for someone wearing lots of it.

More golf.

An annoying man who always boasts and changes his handwriting.

Don't go over that bridge that leads to that mysterious abandoned mansion.

Golf tournament.

Congratulations, Nancy (as usual.)
John Yelverton
Jul 31, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Spooky of story of Nancy Drew trying to solve the mystery of a haunted bridge, and then gets involved with jewel thieves.
Sheila
May 31, 2018 rated it liked it
Amazingly, I don't think there was a kidnapping in this one! The ghost writers known as "Carolyn Keene" must have started getting creative by this one (book #15) as there were some characters and plot distractions and twists in this one that "suggested" the story was going to lead one way, then in the end it turned out to be something else. In fact, the whole Haunted Bridge (which is the name of the book) turned out to be a silly side story.
Phyllis
Mar 23, 2012 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: nancy-drew
This is one of those Nancy Drew mystery stories that starts out really strong, with amazing creepy moments and nightmarish imagery, and then suddenly it jumps the rails and turns into this completely bogus, boring country club mystery. There is way too much golf in this book for my tastes.

I read the original 30s version and it is notable in that 30s Nancy Drew actually has a personality, and gets irritated at Bess when she starts whimpering about the haunted bridge. I grew up reading the conden
Mara
Aug 17, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Young girls
Recommended to Mara by: Nette Quindoza
Nancy Drew is the first series I developed an addiction to. Through Nancy Drew, I realized that determination, intelligence, loyalty and most of all, curiosity can make great things. Nancy Drew changed my childhood in ways I cannot even describe or fathom. It has been life when I was a child. This book opened me to the world of books and from then on, I never want to leave it. The joy I feel whenever I pick a book and read, I owe it all to Nancy Drew.
Megan Lengel
Aug 18, 2009 rated it liked it
Mr. Drew is on the trail of an international ring of jewel thieves and asks Nancy to assist him. The trail leads to a summer resort area. Before Nancy has a chance to start work on her father's case, a golf caddy tells her a frightning tale. In the dense woods nearby is an old wooden footbridge guarded by a ghost! Intrigued by the caddy's story, Nancy decides to invesigate.
Susan
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, nancy-drew
Pretty good addition to the Nancy Drew series. Mystery was interesting though the spooky element was short-lived and explained at the beginning of the book. I found the golf play confusing but otherwise it was a fun story.
Fern Kuntz
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Josiah
Mar 19, 2018 rated it liked it
Barbara
Jun 20, 2011 rated it really liked it
"Gee Nancy, that's swell!" It was on my shelf so I decided to see if Nancy Drew still held the same allure as an adult as she did when I was a kid. She did! A fun and easy read, but what was interesting was the level of vocabulary compared to children's books today; the vocabulary was much more advanced and educated. Sad. Ned is still a dufus though.
Yrsa
Jag och mor diskuterade någon gång huruvida Kitty går i skolan eller inte och jag kom inte på att jag hade läst någonting om det. Ned gör det, det nämns ganska regelbundet. I den här boken pratade George med sin mor över telefonen och då sa modern att George skulle vila upp sig så att hon skulle vara pigg till att skolan startar. Nu är ju bara frågan hur det är med Kitty...
Jessi
Aug 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Is there anything that Nancy can't do? Even after spraining her hand, she manages to bring down a ring of jewel thieves, reunite star-crossed lovers and even win a golf tournament. Can I be her when I grow up?
Melanie
Dec 11, 2015 rated it really liked it
Shelves: march
Another good Nancy Drew mystery. I liked the golf tournament part of the story and the new characters.
Becca
Mar 23, 2015 added it
sometimes u just gotta read some nancy drew.
Katie
Apr 26, 2015 rated it liked it
Classic Nancy!
Sheila Loosevelt
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay so this book had the first case of mansplaining that I've seen in an Nancy Drew book. I was so amused and proud every time Nancy just walked away from this guy instead of entertaining his ego. I love her. I feel like his purpose in the story (besides being the most irritating ever) could have been better. Like, it turns out he's not actually a bad guy but they think he's a jewel thief and a forger when he just turns out to be a stalker and a liar. How fun.

Also there's not a thing on god's
Ashley
Jul 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-lit-part-2
I love Nancy Drew so I may be a little biased. However, I really did love this book. This particular book was one of the few that I have not yet read. Nancy Drew went with her dad to a resort to catch a gang of jewel thieves. Nancy solves the mystery in the end, of course. I will not spoil the mystery. The book was really well written. Carolyn Keene always does a great job of making the mysteries interesting and making the characters relatable. I would recommend this book to elementary schoolers ...more
Susan
I wasn’t expecting much out of this book, but this mystery was actually pretty good. The writing was not as archaic as I thought it would be. Only one use of queer (for strange) and gay (for happy). I’m going to slowly read through the books I own (about a dozen), because it is nice to revisit your childhood once in a while.
Joanna
Jun 28, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: to-buy
Overall this mystery seemed a bit lackluster to me. The "ghost" was quickly unmasked as a simple scarecrow, Barty was a disappointing (and annoying) red herring, and the main mystery of the jewelry thieves was less than exciting. Honestly, there was more golf than mystery, and golf is not all that interesting.
Andrea
Jul 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
The mystery was good. It ended up happily ever after. I liked that. I liked the way Mr. Drew’s mystery connected with Nancy’s mystery. I did not like the ‘funny’ stalker behavior from Barty. A sign of the times I guess, but I’m glad it is so overt. It is kinda hopeful to see we have come this far.
MysteryReaderLee
Mar 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book was really good! Most of the time while I read this book I thought the bad person was the annoying guy from the hotel. (SPOILER, it wasn't the guy from the hotel.) I liked this book and it was tricky to figure out who was bad and who wasn't in this one.
Holly Newton
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another mystery with a happy ending!
Lauren
Enjoyable book for young girls.
Jayne
Mar 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fun read!
Cathy Routh
Mar 26, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: ya-books
I really enjoyed reading about Nancy's golf tournament. What a gal!
IrishFan
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
I do remember reading this one as a child, especially her playing golf with her injured hand. Great memories!
Kathyanngallagher
Oct 12, 2018 rated it it was ok
It really is fun to have the goal to read all of the Nancy Drew Mystery books.
Cierra
Jun 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
honestly nancy drew is such a life model. the classiest lady teen.
  • The Mystery of the Missing Heiress (Trixie Belden, #16)
  • The Red Trailer Mystery (Trixie Belden, #2)
  • The Yellow Feather Mystery (Hardy Boys, #33)

Edna and Harriet Stratemeyer inherited the company from their father Edward Str

Nancy Drew (1 - 10 of 175 books)
  • The Secret of the Old Clock (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #1)
  • The Hidden Staircase (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories #2)
  • The Bungalow Mystery (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #3)
  • The Mystery at Lilac Inn (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #4)
  • The Secret of Shadow Ranch (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #5)
  • The Secret of Red Gate Farm (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #6)
  • The Clue in the Diary (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #7)
  • Nancy's Mysterious Letter (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #8)
  • The Sign of the Twisted Candles (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #9)
  • Password to Larkspur Lane (Nancy Drew Mystery Stories, #10)
“I still think Barty must be a crook,” 1 likes
“MEET ME AT AIRPORT TOMORROW MORNING AT SEVEN. JEWELRY IN BRASS CHEST EXAMINED. WE MUST LOCATE OWNER.” 0 likes