Start by marking “Brief Encounters with Solitary Souls” as Want to Read:
Brief Encounters with Solitary Souls

Brief Encounters with Solitary Souls

Eugene O'Neill says it best: "Life is for each man a solitary cell whose walls are mirrors."

Five people—as different from each other as you and those around you in an anonymous crowd— go through personal crises. Scattered in time and place, their lives never touch. But they are bound by this: All are solitary souls. Would they sense that kinship if they ever met?

From Par
Published October 13th 2016 by Sojourner Books

To ask other readers questions about Brief Encounters with Solitary Souls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Brief Encounters with Solitary Souls

Wendy Hirst
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
Brief Encounters With Soliatary souls is a collection of short stories . The writer takes the reader into the midst of the story by clever description and helps set the scene. The first 2 stories are based in Paris and I could picture sitting at a Bistro watching the world go by.

The stories although very different have one common theme throughout . This book is perfect to curl up with on the settee. The writing is easy to follow and understand as you as the reader are taken on a journey of love
Wulfwyn
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed the stories. The author made me feel as though I were in Paris in the first two. I have never been there but France has been a dream spot. When I was a girl I had a French pen pal. I loved her. She was awesome. The photos she shared of her home were incredible. It was when I fell in love with France, though not Paris. I have imagined Paris to be somewhat like the big cities here in the States. I don't love them either. But it was interesting to read of the author's Paris. If I make it ...more
J.S Ellis
Dec 08, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: booktastres

This book consist on five stories, all of them are worth a read. The writing style is superb and the voice is warm and cozy. The first two stories are set in Paris, I never been to Paris it made me feel I was inside the stories. My favorite was "sum of a young life" it's about a man who finds a journal really enjoyed that heartwarming and touching.

Thank you to author and book tasters for giving me the opportunity to read this book.
Donna Thompson
Feb 12, 2017
Susan Barton
Brief Encounters with Solitary Souls is a short story compilation of five open-ended stories. These include:

• At A Paris Café
• The Gypsy
• The Sum of a Young Life
• A Few Fast Heartbeats
• Fragrant Green Mangoes

I wasn’t sure what to expect when I chose this book. I enjoy short story books, since they give readers great insight into an author’s writing. Readers can then easily decide, in a short amount of time, whether they're interested in reading more from the author.

I wasn’t disappointed in thi
Charlotte