Start by marking “Raven (A Creepy Hollow Story)” as Want to Read:
Raven (A Creepy Hollow Story)

Raven

(Creepy Hollow)

The glittering magic of high society faerie life, with a hint of forbidden romance ...

When design student Raven Rosewood, daughter of high society fae, is almost killed in an explosion, her parents insist on assigning a bodyguard to protect her at all times. Raven agrees, but only if she can choose the guard.

Flint’s life couldn’t be more different from that of his employer
ebook
Published November 29th 2016 by Rachel Morgan

To ask other readers questions about Raven, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raven

Start your review of Raven (A Creepy Hollow Story)
Norah Una Sumner

description

I LOVED THIS. Missed Rachel Morgan's writing style and her amazing characters sooo much. The story is funny, relatable, action-packed, romantic, heart-breaking. And this doesn't surprise me, I mean, Rachel Morgan is the MASTER of making emotional roller coasters and this one was no exception. This novella is a great addition to Creepy Hollow universe and I loved every single paragraph of it.
Lloyd Mackenzie
Mar 29, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is such a wonderfully cute story and it is filled with magic, love, design, family drama and action! It is definitely worth a read, whether you’ve read the Creepy Hollow series or not.
Kit (Metaphors and Moonlight)
3.5 Stars

Full Review:
*I received an ecopy of this book from the author. This has in no way influenced my review.*

This was an enjoyable little addition to the Creepy Hollow series. It had a story all of its own though about characters who have been very minor in the overall series (to be honest I didn't even remember who Raven was), so you don't need to have read the rest of the series to enjoy this. The only thing that might be a problem is understanding the world and some of the magic, like the
Coco.V
Mar 26, 2020 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (3/26/2020)! 🎁
Danielle (Life of a Literary Nerd)
I received an advanced copy for an honest review.

Raven follows titular character Raven Rosewood, the only daughter of an elite Fae family, as she is approaches graduation from Fashion and Design school. We see Raven as she seeks to do her best in her chosen field, as she’s threatened by an unknown source, and as she grows closer to Flint; the guard assigned to protect her.

To prepare for this story I did go back to The Faerie Guardian (book 1 in the Creepy Hollow series) to get a feel for Raven
Mary-Anne Finlay
A heroine of character!

I am a Big Fan of Creepy Hollow and it was good to get the back story on Raven!

I loved that Raven is such a different character from all the other fae I met in the series. I really liked that her strength wasn’t in her abilities, but in her character. I loved how, as she discovered who she was and what she wanted to be, she embraced it and was willing to grow into it.
I also liked the fact, that even though, what was important to her had caused a rift in the relationship w
Bess
Jul 31, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: modern
This was my first read from Rachel Morgan.
I'm not really sure what I was expecting.
What I got was the story of Raven, a magic student who specialized in clothing design.
This is her story. While trying to finish school, she uncovers a murder plot and now her life is in danger too!
This was interesting. Some profanity, no sex.
Emily
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
The Creepy Hollow series is one of my all-time-favorites. I had this novella preordered months ago, I'd read any snippet or hint Rachel Morgan gave, and I just could not wait to read this the second I downloaded it.

This story is a cute one, but a bit more fluff than actual content. I still enjoyed it (I mean, come on, who could not squeal whenever Tora hinted about Flint?) but Rachel Morgan has definitely written better stories.

For the most part, the characters were well rounded and the world
Haraiah Eve
What a sweet read. I've been really excited to read this novella ever since I heard who and what it's about. I liked Raven in the original Creepy Hollow series but it didn't tell much about her and Flint and their life before. The glimpses I had of Tora in this book made me tear up. I really liked the new perspective. Pretty much all of the Creepy Hollow books are centered around badass guardians and their everyday bad-assery. "Raven" has guardians, too, but the theme is mainly high society and ...more
Sabrina
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: booktails
I absolutely love reading the stories of other characters from the Creepy Hollow world. It is great seeing how some of the lesser known personalities fit in together. I especially liked the glimpse of Tora, who we already know as a guardian mentor, as a young precocious child.
Raven is a wonderful character, smart and level headed, despite almost being faerie royalty. When she stumbles across a possible plot that may or may not involve her, her life is turned side down. This is a short book but t
Jami
Oct 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

This story is about Raven and Flint and how they met along with their budding romance.
Raven comes from the high class of the fea world. Flint is a one of her house guards. He is a nobody to Raven's parents who look down on anyone who isn't part of their class status. They form a friendship, which leads to more while Raven is in fashion college finishing up her last year and preparing for her final runway show.
Her world gets a bit crazy with an ex shows up, her college almost being blown up,
Gina
Oct 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
While I felt the author's building of Raven's world and her dress creation was magical, excellent and descriptive, the ending felt too rushed. I would have also liked more detail about Creepy Hollow, and Flint's perspective/life.
Edited to add: I increased this to 4 stars because I see now this is a novella, which totally makes sense! So with that in mind, it's a good, lighthearted quick read with a great moral of sticking to your principles.... but I still knocked a star off for the rushed feeli
Rachael
Jun 04, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I'd finished all 9 of the other books a while ago and was really pining for some more out of this world I love so much.

It was a really great read and I would recommend you give it a go.

I maybe didn't quite click with it in the same way as the others but I think that has more to do with the fact it's a novella and not a long book which I usually prefer.

Some parts of the story were quite clever and funny which was great!
Christina Balaz
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Raven was another fun character I enjoyed reading about in the Creepy Hollow series. She was a fun-loving romantic who was easy to love so I couldn’t wait to read her story and how she and Flint came together. I thought they were perfect for each other and very sweet. I loved reading about everything that happened with Raven in her earlier years before she came to be where she was in the series.
Jessica
Dec 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
So I've had this since it first came out. Why haven't I read this before?! I probably thought I had. Super adorable story on Raven before she was half of Raven & Flint. And a mom! And Tora! In dragon slippers lol. Pretty awesome to get to know how Raven became the clothes caster she is today. I had almost forgotten Flint was a Guardian too. Fantastic addition to the Creepy Hollow storyline. ...more
amanda mashburn
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great little side story

This was a cute little side story for the series. I wasn’t very interested in learning ravens story.. but I figured what the hey, why not? (Since I’m impatiently waiting for book 9 anyways!) Happy to say I was pleasantly surprised ! Definitely a good read 😁
Kim Wedel
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Magical

I love the stories that fill in the gaps. This was a great short story on its own but the fact that it filled in the back story on other characters from the Creepy hollow series is wonderful! If you like magic, fairies and a little mystery then this is for you
Ronel Janse van Vuuren
A sweet romance story set in the glittering halls of high fashion and high fae society in the world of Creepy Hollow.

Rich world-building, loads of magic and a touch of danger makes this a fun read.

An excellent companion book to the Creepy Hollow series. Love Raven’s designs!
Angela
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As always, amazing story!

I love the Creepy Hollow books & Raven's story was no exception. Looking forward to reading more about the Creepy Hollow gang!
shelby walker
Jun 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Liked every minute can't wait for the next one ...more
Frieda
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Raven's story is one of maturity and growing up to become an adult and is lovely! With love and friendship thrown in. ...more
Inka
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Worth reading

I wondered how Raven's parents had a carriage. This explains her story before the start of the faeries guardian book
Jennifer Beckman
Really enjoyed this look into Raven.
Laetitia
I loved getting to know more about Raven and Flint. I wished there was more! I want more of their story!
Anita Klaboe
Mar 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful story about Raven, her love of fashion and finding love.
audrey burger
Apr 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great read

Rachel continues to bring new insights into her world of fae. It's nice to read clean interesting books. Looking forward to her next one.
George
May 07, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
for hours of nonstop reading

Another guardians story with a different guard type, and a creepy hollow story that keeps the flow for hours of nonstop reading
Sheila
May 12, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read but way to short. Good story something a bit different but I was disappointed that it ended as abruptly as it did
Raechelle Jones
Jun 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The characters are engaging
Christine
Aug 20, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Just a good story

It was short but a great story to begin a series. Easy to read and just enough to keep you interested.

• The Day I Died
  • Witch Forgotten (Witches of Night Meadow #1)
  • My Dragon Lord (Broken Souls #1)
  • Dragon's Awakening (Heir of Dragons #1)
  • Ravenite (Vengeance and Vampires, #1)
  • Alien Beast (Alien Darlings, #2)
  • Her Sea Mates (Shifters of the Elements, #4)
  • Secrets of the Sword II (Death Before Dragons #8)
  • The Betrayal of Natalie Hargrove
  • Van Helsing
  • Secrets of the Sword III (Death Before Dragons #9)
  • Ride Baby Ride (Thompson & Sons #1; Rocky Mountain House #7)
  • Lucy (Open-Door Policy, #1)
  • Xander
  • Rocky Ride (Thompson & Sons #2; Rocky Mountain House #8)
  • Ten Mile Bottom
  • Torment (Barbarians of the Sand Planet #3)
  • Rise of the Fae (Dragon's Gift: The Dark Fae #5)
See top shelves…
Rachel Morgan spent a good deal of her childhood living in a fantasy land of her own making, crafting endless stories of make-believe and occasionally writing some of them down. After completing a degree in genetics and discovering she still wasn’t grown-up enough for a ‘real’ job, she decided to return to those story worlds still spinning around her imagination. These days she spends much of her ...more

Creepy Hollow (9 books)
  • The Faerie Guardian (Creepy Hollow, #1)
  • The Faerie Prince (Creepy Hollow, #2)
  • The Faerie War (Creepy Hollow, #3)
  • A Faerie's Secret (Creepy Hollow, #4)
  • A Faerie's Revenge (Creepy Hollow, #5)
  • A Faerie's Curse (Creepy Hollow, #6)
  • Glass Faerie (Creepy Hollow, #7)
  • Shadow Faerie (Creepy Hollow, #8)
  • Rebel Faerie (Creepy Hollow, #9)