Start by marking “Cut Wide Open (Bleeding Scars MC, #1)” as Want to Read:
Cut Wide Open (Bleeding Scars MC, #1)

Cut Wide Open (Bleeding Scars MC #1)

3.96  ·  Rating details ·  487 Ratings  ·  91 Reviews
One day you held my hand. One day you loved me.

Then you were gone.
I lost the only love I’d ever known. Thrown back into the foster system, pregnant and alone, I prayed that you’d come for me and save me from life’s cruelties. Only the next time I saw you, it was too late.

Doing what I needed to do to provide for my son, we were finally brought face to face. It should hav
Published March 20th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Cut Wide Open, please sign up.
Abby McCarthy I am currently working on book two which is Ace and Alejandra's story. Alejandra is Gunner's sister. I am also planning a story with Shane and most…moreI am currently working on book two which is Ace and Alejandra's story. Alejandra is Gunner's sister. I am also planning a story with Shane and most likely Reggie.
(less)

Christy
Jul 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars!

photo 20106714_10103993067921748_2664304976971588045_n_zpsg2eub7sc.jpg

Cut Wide Open is a gritty second chance biker romance. I really enjoyed how the story started out, with Charlie and Gunner as kids. I liked seeing them turn into teenagers and watching their romance blossom. Something big tore the two apart, and as adults, they found one another again. A beautiful second chance romance!

I really loved the heroine in this book. She went through so much, but she was resilient. A true survivor. Gunner was great, too. This story definitely had some grit. T
Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)
description

description

description First of all this cover is HOT. Like crazy smokin' hot. Aside from that, it's a good representation of the hero. The composition is very well done. The typography is eye-catching. Basically, I love everything about this cover!description

descriptionI want to say I loved this one but that seems a bit trite considering the subject matter. This book is hefty on the rape and torture of the heroine. In fact, it is one of the reasons it wasn't a total 5-star read for me. I didn't need chapter after chapter of fairly descri
Ammie *Ammie's Book Obsession*

Riveting and heartbreaking.
The type of book that will make you smile and then break your heart. It's thrilling, dark and daring with a hint of softness.

HOLY SHIT!!What an amazing and heart ripping ride. This book made me feel shit loads of emotions. I wanted to smile. I wanted to cry. I wanted to scream. It is a dark but heartwarming read. It has everything that I love in a book, romance, suspense, drama, heartbreaking twists, mind blowing and intense chemistry, a damn hot alpha, a respec
Courtney
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
4.5 Stars

This is the second book I have read by Abby and wow!! Her writing has grown and she has dipped her toes into the dark side of things. Actually, she jumped right into the dark side of things compared to the other book I read.

Cut Wide Open is the first book in what I am hoping will be an amazing series to come. This book is about Gunner and Charlie, aka Mouse. You get a lot of background on these two; starting out with where they come from, to what happened in between to the here and now.
Abby McCarthy
Nov 14, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Joelle
Our Review
Gunner and Charlotte

This is our first time reading this author and I am happy to say that we enjoyed our first read by them.We will be looking forward to reading more in this series for sure.

We love reading about those sexy bad boys and those hot as hell bikers they always take care of that fix for us.We always enjoy finding new authors to help with that addiction of them and we are glad to have come across this author to feed our needs.

Gunner and Charlotte were high school sweethearts
Susan
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I give Cut Wide Open 5 stars, for keeping my senses on alert through the whole book. I felt so many emotions for Charlie, disdain at her mother, and foster parents, sadness at Gunner, hatred and fear from her monster when he captured her, empathy for what she endured, but most of all, love...which she showed and dished out in spades.

Abby McCarthy is a new author to me and I can guarantee I'll be reading more from her. Her writing style was great and flowed with ease. She impressed me with this s
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
DNF 34% ===>Villain sexually abusing our heroine = I wasn't with mental health to read scenes where the heroine was abused after a shitty life she had. Who knows, maybe another time I can read.
---------------
I confess that I had not read the blurb. I downloaded the book because I like the author. My mistake.
Sallie Page
Apr 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pulled me in

Wow this book pulled me in so much. Even though there were parts I struggled with I had to keep going. Loved that Gunner found his Mouse. Am looking forward to the next book.
texxie-PRUFreads.blogspot.com
Love, love, LOVE this book! New to me author, Abby McCarthy, blew me away with Cut Wide Open. First and foremost, their story beginning in their childhood was so incredibly perfect. When I say childhood, I don't mean high school. That in itself created such richness and purity to their anything but story. The plot itself isn't anything brand spanking new to this genre. I mean, it's been done before but...truth be told...most of the time it lacks the one thing that Cut Wide Open carries in spades ...more
Christen
Sep 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: mc-reads
I have to say I almost dnf'd this towards the end. The beginning tugged on my heart strings and had me tearing up. Overall I liked it but I can't quite figure out what was missing for me. The part that had me almost dnfing it was ...
(view spoiler)
Kim  Brewing
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Second chance, motorcycle and baby....yep I'm in!!!

Wow, what a ride. This book starts with the back story of how Charlie and Gunner meet and are separated. I'm not going to lie, this didn't grab me right away but I was intrigued. When we get to present day and see what our main characters are up to, it was full throttle. Gunner is one of the founding members of Bleeding Scars MC. Charlie is a dancer...at a strip club. She doing the best she can to support herself and her son. Though the
Kathleen R.
Mar 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
Title: Cut Wide Open
Author: Abby McCarthy

4 unexpected stars

Wow! My first book by Abby McCarthy was even better than i could have imagined. It had the perfect blend of darkness, mystery, suspense, MCs and erotic romance that kept me at the edge of my seat. Hearing how Charlie's childhood was wrought with so much sadness that my heart broke and how Gunner tried to save her lifted me like there was no tomorrow.

4.5 sexy dreams

This is the kind of book that you have to read - the one that will
Ashley
Mar 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Holy #1 book of the year! This book man oh man....I have loved all of Abby's book but this one (fans self and swoons) is must definitely my favorite. I was in a complete book funk before starting this book and this pulled me out faster then any book ever could of. I don't think i have enough words to express how much i fell in love with this book. It has so much of what I love in a story, Romance, suspense, twists and turns, mind blowing and intense scenes, a hot hot hot alpha, a incredible stro ...more
Cheri
Mar 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Charlie and Gunner had been friends since they were kids. Each had sad home lives and their friendship helped them get through it all—until he left her—pregnant—alone. Back in the foster system began her journey in hell. The only light was her child.

Gunner didn't leave because he wanted to. He had no choice. When he finally came for her, she was gone. He didn't give up. Along the way, he made a new family. His MC club. These guys had his back.

When he finally found her again and went back, once
Tanya Birman
Apr 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cut Wide Open is incredible! It grabs you from the first word, which for me, as a reader, is an extremely rare thing. And once you start, you won't be able to put it down till you're done!
Abby McCarthy does an excellent job making you feel this deep connection to her characters from the start. I had tears and rapid heart beat in the first few chapters.
The sex scenes are indeed explicit, but they have such purpose that without them the story just wouldn't be as powerful as it is. I've read other
Jamie Guellar (IScream Books)
Mar 18, 2017 rated it really liked it

Cut Wide Open is my first Abby McCarthy read. This was a very dark read, and as much as I like my dark reads, I found myself putting my kindle down a few times because some parts were a bit much. This is a fair warning for those with triggers.

Charlie didn't have an easy life, growing up in the system with a family that really didn't care. Never feeling wanted until Gunner, her neighbor finally notices her.

Gunner had the life Charlie always wanted, a mom and a dad and lots of laughter. Until on
Yolanda
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
wow what just happened ?

This book is very very intense has some disturbing issues that if you have issues on abuse I wouldn't touch it. If you dont mind that and get through the heart wrenching abuse and twist and turns this does turn out to be a good story and how one woman goes through soooooooo much since her childhood and has her silver lining.

I cant give this less than 5 stars had me gripped from page one.
Frank Tesch
Mar 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Damn

This was not what I thought it was going to be. It was darker evil hard to put down. I love this book it had a flair that worked with a true twist on an mc story. You felt something for mouse when she was going through hell. Gunner was a perfect anti hero it worked. A solid read lots of twists I hope she does a 2nd book.
Melanie
Apr 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
This book took me on a very dark and crazy ride. I have to say the strength, determination and live in this story was remarkable. Very well written and just a great story.
Kj
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 bleeding scars stars!

This one was a really good read. It had many dark parts and I did have to turn my head a few times during scenes that were so detailed they made me flinch. I really liked Charlie and Gunner. The villain was evil and I mean that he was bad to the core and a disgusting character. I would definitely read more books by this author.
Michelle Dyer
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Different MC book;

A very unexpected phenomenal book. I had just finished Current when I started this book. A different type of MC book. I became totally invested in these characters. I didn't want to put it down ; consequently, I read until 2:30 in the morning.
Konny
Mar 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Cut Wide Open by Abby McCarthy is a Bleeding Scars MC novel.
This is a Dark Read and not for the faint of heart !!

Gunner Reed, member of the Bleeding Scars MC is searching for Charlie Morris, his mouse, who he lost years ago. As teenagers they had a romance. They known each other since childhood.
Charlie is shy and quiet.
At the age of 24 Charlie is a pole dancer to make ends for herself and her son.
Then she gets kidnapped by a really bad man, raped and drugged, beaten and abused.
It was difficult
Cocktails and Books
3.5 Cocktails

The read was good, but it felt like the heroine came out the dark, horrific things she went through a little too easily.

Full review to come.
Louisa
Feb 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another captivating book by Abby McCarthy...
There are books that quietly sneak into your heart while reading and there are books that take a hold of your heart and move in and stay there, forever.
Cut Wide Open is that book.

Charlie and Gunner needed each other, both in a world in where love and support would be the answer to their prayers. But as luck would have it, it wouldn’t be in the cards. Life has been tough on these two – but they continue to move forward, they are strong characters who r
Sarah  - A Woman & Her Books
Mar 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
MC books with trigger warnings...? Hell! I'm in!!

This book is more than an MC book; it's also a second chance romance. Charlotte (Charli) lives with her foster parents across the road from Gunner. She notices him when she is just 8 years old, he is 10. For a couple of years she just watches him... Is drawn to him. When she is 16 she ends up pregnant with Gunners child. Shortly after Gunner joins the Hades Runners and loses contact with Charli. He then spends the next 8 years trying to locate her
Sorhija
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Should have been a little longer, but a good read anyway.
Tera
Mar 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Abby McCarthy is moving up in the ranks. She is a fairly new-to-me author, as I've only read one other book by her. But let me say this... from her last book to this new book, she has grown. She has stronger writing, and I thought her writing was wonderful in Tainted by Crazy. But I love nothing more than to see an author's writing get better from one book to the next even if I didn't like the story.

Cut Wide Open... I didn't like this story... I truly LOVED this story. I was a little scared goi
Stephanie
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What an amazing read! The writing style flows from chapter to chapter. I love the way the story is told. It will grab you and fill you up. I had so many “feels” while reading it! I read it almost straight through only stopping because of that thing called sleep and work.

‘Maybe this road, I was meant to walk alone.’

Charlotte “Charlie” Morris has been in foster care since she was five years old and living across the street from Gunner Reed since she was eight.

‘I am here as a paycheck. I eat alone.
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
Cut Wide Open by Abby McCarthy was one wild and dark ride! A very dark one. Heed the trigger warning if you prefer lighter books. I love dark reads and they are some of my top favorites, but I did find myself having to put the book down and take a breath at times. Fair warning.

Charlie’s life has not been easy. As a foster child, she has never truly fit in anywhere, until she meets Gunner Reed. She watches him for years, until they become friends and allies. Gunner is the first person to truly b
Abby McCarthy is reader and a lover of words. She is a blogger turned author and released her first novel in May 2014. She is a mother of three, a wife and a dog person. She has always written, sometimes poetry, sometimes just to vent about failed relationships, however in parenthood she has found her voice to help keep her sanity. Words have flowed from her, to review and with the support of ama ...more
More about Abby McCarthy

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
  • Dodging Temptation
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Prom Night in Purgatory (Purgatory, #2)
    $4.99 $1.49
  • The Valiant (Spy Girl Book 4)
  • Dear Aaron
  • Running Barefoot
    $5.95 $1.99
  • Wrecked
    $3.99 $0.99
  • The Sapphire Heist (Jewel, #2)
  • The Other Side of the Story
    $10.99 $1.99
  • One Fell Sweep (Innkeeper Chronicles, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Out of Focus (Adams Grove, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Eighth Grave After Dark (Charley Davidson, #8)
    $8.99 $2.99
  • What If
  • Impossible Saints
    $22.73 $1.99
  • Hudson (Fixed, #4)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • Only a Millionaire (The Sinclairs #6.5)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Elite (Eagle Elite, #1)
  • Kulti
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Soul Summoner  (The Soul Summoner, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • April / May / June (Calendar Girl #4-6)
    $8.99 $3.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)