Start by marking “The 12 Dares of Christmas” as Want to Read:
The 12 Dares of Christmas

The 12 Dares of Christmas

Tis the Season to be Daring

Lauren Hall has one wish for Christmas this year—raise money to build a new, no-kill animal shelter for the town of Sycamore Cove. And she is prepared to do anything to make it happen. Even dare a man she just met to perform a strip tease for the local knitting society.

Gabe Nicholson has one wish too—obtain the job of a lifetime to launch his car
Published November 22nd 2016 by City Owl Press

To ask other readers questions about The 12 Dares of Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The 12 Dares of Christmas

Λίνα Θωμάρεη
Unfortunately I didn't like.it.
The idea of the dares were smart although these dares in themselves were almost childish. Too easy going for the writer but too boring for me.
The writer also wanted to complicate the story of Gabe and Lauren making a super-overprotecitve brother but was overprotective only for the flow of story.
The writting itself was poor and with other words... Nope... I didn't like it...

1,5 star for dare !!!

P.S. This is the 2nd year that I started my book year with 1star book..
Ami

12 Dares of Christmas ended up NOT what I expected when I read the blurb, saw the cover, and asked for the ARC from Netgalley. It started cute, when Lauren dared Gabe to wear stripper pants and jumped out of a cake in front of the women of Knitting Society of Sycamore Cove because the original stripper was unavailable.

Unfortunately, the further dares were more of the erotic nature (“If you don’t dare me, then I’ll have no choice but to assume your dare is for me to strip your clothes
Mandi Schreiner
Nov 18, 2016 Mandi Schreiner rated it liked it
Lauren is passionate about raising money to build a new, no-kill shelter in her home town of Sycamore Cove. To thank the ladies of the local knitting group for their generous donation, she has planned a dinner, and a surprise male dancer to jump out of a cake for dessert. Apparently these ladies really wanted something spicy for their “thank you” from Lauren. But when the male dancer doesn’t show, Lauren calls her brother, Cooper, and begs him to come in as a replacement. To Lauren’s surprise (a ...more
Kithaab
Dec 14, 2016 Kithaab rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley, 2016
I was hoping to read a cozy holiday romance when I requested for this book on Netgalley. What I got was a "very cozy" romantic read. Erotic romances are not the genre I prefer, so this book was not what I had expected. It really is my bad, I mean I should've got that from the blurb, but I was blinded by the word "dare" and the idea of the protagonist fighting to build a no-kill animal shelter (sigh! teary eyed).

Having said this, I did manage to read the book through (I dared myself) and discover
Cora ☕ Tea Party Princess
5 Words: Christmas, family, charity, friendship, attraction.

This was pretty much your standard x-rated romantic Christmas comedy. It was fun and heartwarming, with all of the usual tropes you'll have come to expect if you read any Christmas romance, with the addition of baby animals.

I did like the whole dare aspect, how it all started out as a game, even if I didn't get it. If someone "dares" me to do something I just say no and go back to my book, but these two take them a lot more seriously.

So
Vikki Vaught
Review to follow. The book description is a bit deceiving. This book is very erotic, not what I expected, but nonetheless, enjoyable.
Christie
"I want to understand you. I want to get into every single part of your heart and mind and see what holds you together. I need every part of you."

The 12 Dares of Christmas was a delightful (pre)holiday season read that had me wearing a huge smile as I read. I decided to give this one a try because I was drawn to the premise. Anyone willing to better the life of shelter animals is an automatic winner in my eyes. I just knew I was going to like Lauren, and I did! She was such an easy character t
KelticKat
Dec 06, 2016 KelticKat rated it it was amazing
Sweet Sexy Story

Lauren is a determined young woman who loves her home town of Sycamore Cove and is doing all she can including funneling all her money into PR and Events to raise money to open a new Animal Shelter in Town. Lauren has been waiting tables since graduating with a bachelors degree and needs to make this project work to show both herself and the town that she is positively ingenious.

Gabe is in town to Party with his former College Roommate, Cooper - who happens to be Lauren's over pr
Lauren has been doing everything she can to raise enough money to build a new animal shelter for her hometown, the shelter they have is in very poor condition and she wants to create something so much better. The local knitting society have been incredibly supportive of her efforts and she's arranged a fun night for them to show her appreciation but when the stripper doesn't turn up it looks like she's going to be in trouble. Until her brother's best friend Gabe walks in and she dares him to tak ...more
Becky Burciaga
Nov 27, 2016 Becky Burciaga rated it really liked it
A hilariously sweet Christmas romance filled with snappy dialog, witty banter and a gorgeously sexy ginger and a big hearted whirling dervish of a woman. Gabe finds himself in one hilariously embarrassing situation after another, all in the name of helping Lauren in her fundraising endeavors. The story is nonstop laughs, dares that start early and gather steam throughout the book.

I found myself smiling many times during the story just for the overall goodness it contained. There are also a host
Eli Easton
Dec 10, 2016 Eli Easton rated it really liked it
I love books with animals in them, so I liked the premise of the heroine, Lauren, raising money to build an animal shelter. Her brother is extremely protective of her, so any of his friends know Lauren is strictly off limits. But when sexy Gabe appears and gets roped into helping Lauren raise money, neither Lauren nor Gabe can stick to big brother's rules.

This is a fun, heated Christmas story. If you like your romance with more sizzle than fluff, you will probably enjoy it. Some of the dares fel
The Romance Rebels ~ Julia
Dec 05, 2016 The Romance Rebels ~ Julia rated it really liked it
The 12 Dares of Christmas by Leigh W. Stuart is the first book I have read from this author, and I enjoyed it. A cute yet spicy holiday read! Lauren and Gabe's chemistry was very steamy, and the love between them was heart pounding. A fun sexy read just for the holidays!

--Received a copy in exchange for an honest review--
Kevina
Jan 27, 2017 Kevina rated it it was amazing
Sweet, comforting and sexy for this holiday read. Loved it so much!
Angel Hatfield
Nov 28, 2016 Angel Hatfield rated it really liked it
Lauren needed a male dancer to jump out of a cake in the next fifteen minutes. The Knitting Society Of Sycamore Grove deserved that much for all the help they had given Lauren in her passion to have a new animal shelter that was sorely needed with a no kill policy and new clean and roomy kennels flr the animals.Lauren had contacted groups and businesses in town for support for the shelter. The knitters had jumped at the chance to help their community. The ladies had given their everything and La ...more
Sally
Nov 26, 2016 Sally rated it really liked it
Peppermints, hot men and snow – who could want more?

Leigh W. Stuart has written an amazing pre-holiday book that brings a massive smile to everyone that reads it. It has definitely gotten me in the holiday mood a lot more than I would have been. I decided to sign up to be a beta reader because I have read some of her other books and they were amazing so I decided to give this one a go and I didn't regret it!

I loved how we are first introduced to Lauren. She is frazzled and nervous. However, sh
Candy
Lauren Hall wants only one thing from Santa this year: enough money to build a no kill animal shelter in her hometown of Sycamore Cove. That means no fundraising idea is too crazy including daring a complete stranger to be a stripper for one night. Gabe Nicholson isn’t sure what to make of the bubbly little sister of his friend from college but he’s always up for a challenge. Gabe is currently unemployed though and trying to get a job working for a conservative governor, so perhaps accepting Lau ...more
Dawnie
Dec 13, 2016 Dawnie rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-books
In search of a cute, fast and easy romance and a bit of erotic reading set during Christmas time?
this book is perfect for that!

I wanted something light and fluffy but not pure sexy-times, and this was exactly that.

The writing was nice and easy to read, but not dumbed down.
There was an actual story line and while some moments were very typical romance-fluff and the entire romance in itself was very insta-love-y and not exactly what i really love in my romance stories typically... i kind of enjo
Celia
This book was provided to me by NetGalley for an honest review.

Yes, technically the Christmas season is over - but as long as my Christmas tree is up (usually until January 6), I'm counting it!

As any reader of the site should know by now, I am a sucker for a holiday romance. 12 Dares definitely had its moments where it was hot and steamy, and others when it was funny, but it still left a lot to be desired.

Lauren is a sweet heroine - working her butt off to help the local animal shelter (even t
Marsha Spohn
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

Lauren and Gabe make an interesting couple, each have their own goals for this Christmas season. Lauren’s is to raise enough money to build a no-kill animal shelter in her small town. Gabe’s is the ideal job he’s been dreaming of for a long time. When you toss in an overprotective brother into the mix then you have a fun and quirky set of dares between two people who are trying to deny their attraction to each other… and failing badly.

There are definitely sexy times t
Angela
Nov 22, 2016 Angela rated it really liked it
4 1/2 stars!

A heartwarming, highly entertaining romance that will definitely get you in the holiday spirit! This book captured me right from the start, and held tight through the end. With it's unique storyline, interesting characters you can't help but love, hilarious banter, crazy antics, intense situations, and intriguing twists, it'll have you turning the pages faster to see what happens next! This is a fantastic holiday story that everyone can enjoy!

This was a great story, and I loved the
Mandy Parmenter
Nov 27, 2016 Mandy Parmenter rated it liked it
Lauren Hall is aiming to rise enough money to build a new no-kill animal shelter in her town. As part of that she dares a man she has just met to strip for the local knitting society to raise funds.

Gabe Nicholson is her brother's best friend and has only one wish in life - to get the job of a lifetime he is applying for in order to launch his career. However instead he is faced with his best friend's little sister handing him stripper pants and eggnog flavoured body oil.

In a series of dares betw
Christine Karmelreads2665 W.
Dare Your Way Into A Relationship

The story was fun, quirky and sometimes just bust out laughing ridiculous. Lauren is a grown woman whose brother still tries to intimidate her dates and the funny part is she lets him.

Gabe is her brother's friend and he is not allowed to sniff around the sister. Having never met Lauren but having heard stories about her he was pleasantly surprised when they finally did meet under covers.

That first meeting has set the tone of the book. Two adults that resort to ch
Hope
Nov 26, 2016 Hope rated it it was amazing
I received this book from netgalley in exchange for an honest review. I love to grab Christmas romances during the holidays and this one was perfect. I enjoyed the pleasant writing and I laughed out loud several times. Both of the characters had a back story although I would a have liked a little bit more about Gabe. But other than that I enjoyed the flow of the book it was funny and very sexy. I could also see the set up for the overprotective brother and I am very curious about his story. If y ...more
April
Nov 25, 2016 April rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2016-read
Thanks to netgalley.com for the ARC.
This was such a good book, it had a twist of a love story and is totally worth the read. The situations these characters get themselves into is funny and kinda naughty. I was laughing so hard during the opening of this book, it was a great way to capture the readers attention and the excellent writing kept my attention throughout the book. The characters were complex and the super over protective brother who mysteriously was never around had me drawing my own
Patty
Dec 04, 2016 Patty rated it it was amazing
AMAZING! The two characters cracked me up!..I was laughing a lot. Lauren and Gabe. Incredible love story.
Not just the love and connection between those two but pets also. Lauren wants to build an animal shelter.
I think there is the righty amount of sizzle and heat. The chemistry is amazing. The obstacles and stuff they come up with..wow..A real "feel good" book.
Totally fits the Christmas season and the time for giving.
I recommend this book to anyone.
This is the first book I read by the auth
Wickedly Twisted Book Reviews
Leigh W. Stuart has written a Christmas romance that leaves you wishing for your own sexy Ginger-man for Christmas!!!

Lauren & Gabe's adventure to a relationship through dares and volunteer work is epic! As I am reading, I'm cheesing like a dang Cheshire cat and giggling like a school girl with each dare! If you need a pick me up or just a cute read for the holidays then I recommend this book it will lighten your heart!

* I received this book early through NetGalley for an honest review* I
Once Upon A Romance  Blog
Dec 14, 2016 Once Upon A Romance Blog rated it really liked it
The 12 Dares of Christmas was a sweet and fun read. It is a great book to get you into the holiday spirit. Lauren and Gabe pretty much hit it off from the beginning. Gabe helps Lauren raise money for the no-kill animal shelter. I loved the dares! They were hot and sexy to read! I really enjoyed the secondary character too. I want more of Cooper! Overall this was a fun quick read!

I was gifted a copy in exchange for an honest review
M A
Nov 22, 2016 M A rated it really liked it
I was so excited to read this book! I previously read another of the author's books, Two Tickets to Paradise, and I loved the story, the characters and the author's writing style. The 12 Dares of Christmas makes a nice holiday reading: it gives you a warm, fuzzy feeling inside and it gets you into the Christmas spirit of caring and giving to others as you follow Lauren in her altruistic struggle to open a new animal center.
Brenda
Dec 11, 2016 Brenda rated it really liked it
Lauren is desperate to save animals and built a new shelter in town, hoping to also help the elderly in the process. When her dancer is a no show she ends up daring Gabe to become the entertainment of the night. Only thing is he returns the favour with a dare for her to follow through with.
The book was cute, the dares were unpredictable some where crazier than others but both characters seemed to grow to like each other more because of these. Now all I need is to find my very own Gabe.
Darly
Nov 22, 2016 Darly rated it it was amazing
Author Leigh W. Stuart has absolutely nailed the perfect holiday read! An addictive combination of naughty and nice, Lauren and Gabe's budding romance will have you hooked until the end. THE 12 DARES OF CHRISTMAS is clever and fun; a sizzling yet sentimental adventure just in time for the Christmas season!
« previous 1 3 next »
Leigh W. Stuart was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri, daughter to an English teacher. Most nights of her youth were spent hiding under the covers with a flashlight and a book, and she still gets nostalgic whenever she gets a whiff of paper-book scent. Although she decided to be a writer by the age of six years old, she later talked herself out of it and went on to study French and German i ...more
More about Leigh W. Stuart...