Start by marking “Jungle Rock: A fabulous & funny feel-good read” as Want to Read:
Jungle Rock: A fabulous & funny feel-good read

Jungle Rock: A fabulous & funny feel-good read

A romantic comedy novella

"If you're looking for a highly entertaining story, look no further."
Linda's Book Bag

"Another really good book from Caroline James."
Rachel's Random Reads

"A fun romantic read - 5 stars!"
My Chestnut Reading Tree

A romantic comedy novella
by Caroline James

Handsome young chef Zach Docherty is feeling the heat. Following an exposé in a natio
Published November 21st 2016 by Ramjam Publishing Company

To ask other readers questions about Jungle Rock, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jungle Rock

Start your review of Jungle Rock: A fabulous & funny feel-good read
Dash fan
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5☆ Fun, Frolics, Romance, Drama... Didn't want it to end!

Jungle Rock couldn't of come at a better time for me.... I'm a celebrity has just started my fave show...and reading Jungle Rock was simply Perfect!

This is my first book from Caroline and I can't wait to read more!
Caroline writes with such humour and ease before I knew it the book was finished! Much to my disappointment!!

Ok so where to start.... Zach the Romany Gypsy Chef was at a point in his career where his Agent and good friend Bob per
Zoe
Dec 03, 2016 rated it really liked it
4+ Stars!

Amusing, fun, and delightfully appealing!

In this novella, we not only get to revisit some of our favourite characters from Coffee, Tea, The Caribbean & Me, but we get an in-depth look into the life of Jo’s hunky talented son, Zach as he embarks on an adventure of survival and self discovery of his own.

The writing is vividly descriptive and fluid. The characters are charming, real, and extremely lovable. And the plot is remarkably entertaining and engaging as it sweeps us back and forth
Sabine
Nov 26, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017

A lighthearted romance especially for fans of celebrity reality shows. I don't ever watch TV but still enjoyed it immensely.

The only drawback and reason for my low rating is that I had a hard time constantly switching between the 4 POV's.
Rachel Gilbey
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
First let me take a moment to comment on the beautiful colour palette of this cover, it screams rainforest and warmth to me, which is perfect on a cold winter's day such as today.

And the story definitely brings a warmth into my life, as it involved the jungle in Australia, where celebrity chef Zach is taking part in reality TV show Jungle Survival. It is obviously a fictional version of I'm A Celebrity, but I much prefer this version. Thankfully none of the really gruesome trials are talked abo
Joanne Robertson
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Having read both “Coffee, Tea, The Gypsy and Me” and “Coffee, Tea, The Caribbean and Me” I was looking forward to the next instalment in the life of Jo and her family and friends in “Boomerville”. So it was a lovely surprise to find out I didn’t have to wait till Spring 2017 to get my next fix as Jungle Rock has come along just in time for a Christmas hit of Jo, Hattie, Zack, Poppy and the gang.

The jungle game show here is obviously based around I’m a Celebrity Get me out of here…..so it’s a gre
Nerdish Mum
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2016, ebook
Caroline James has blown me away again! I'll hold my hands up and say I'm not a fan of reality TV and have never watched I'm A Celeb,.. which Jungle Survival is based on, but I thoroughly enjoyed reading about Zach's adventures in the Jungle and the way it affected both him and the other celeb contestants that he met while in there.

Jungle Rock can be read as a stand alone but it features characters from Caroline James' other books and I was definitely glad that I was getting more of Zach and Po
Janet
Jan 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Firstly I'd like to thank TBC and the author Caroline James for this book.
A lovely lighthearted romantic novella which stars The gypsy chef Zach and his family. Set in Marland where Zach, his mother and aunt live and work this book follows the trials and tribulations of Zach's working life as a celebrity chef and his love life.
Poppy was Zach's fiancée until recently when an ill fated trip to the Highlands led to a rendezvous with the delectable Dolores, this broke the news and their once solid r
Nicola Smith
Nov 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Caroline James is a new author for me but I found this novella to be a lovely taster of her work. We follow Zach, aka The Gypsy Chef, as he enters the Australian jungle for popular show, Jungle Survival (based, obviously, on I’m A Celebrity). There’s also his ex-girlfriend, Poppy, his agent, Bob, and his mum and godmother, Jo and Hattie, who run Boomerville, a hotel for the over fifties back home in the Lake District. I loved reading about all of these characters.

This was a charming read. I like
Reader43
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Survival in the jungle

A cute short story with romance thrown in. A jungle survivors story, a Disney cook off, and a Mom's love, what a story! A fun read. I received this free for an honest review.
Jaffareadstoo
Dec 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As always Caroline writes with great warmth and wit and in this novella she again shows just how quickly she can bring her characters to life. There is much that is topical in this story and there is a nice feeling of authenticity in the way the story progresses especially if you are fan of the TV series I'm a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here...

Coming in at 80 pages, the story is light and easy to read, and I think that's sometimes just what is needed at this time of year, especially when the whole
Bharti
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Jungle rock is all about the handsome gypsy chef Zach who is off for 3 weeks in an Australian jungle to participate in tv show - Jungle Rock.
For 3 weeks Zach tries to distracts himself from the sadness and heartbreak due to his scandalous, terrible break up with fiancée Poppy. Back home Poppy and Mom Jo we anxious for Zach while Auntie Hattie makes the most of her talented ward's TV appearance.
Read to find if Zach wins the reality show and wins back his love, and how Auntie Hattie spreads her t
Anne
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing
You don’t have to be a fan of I’m A Celebrity… to enjoy this one, but the Australian jungle setting for much of the action will be very familiar to you if you are. While Zach faces up to the trials, Poppy is on the other side of the world looking after another celebrity chef – and a rather attractive one – as he competes for a top prize in Disneyland. Meanwhile, back at the hotel in Cumbria, mother Jo watches on television – and best friend Hatty joins in the action in her inimitable fashion, wi ...more
Helen Simpson
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
I LOVED THIS BOOK AND THE DIFFERENT POV's. THE SHORT NOVELLA WAS A REALLY ENJOYABLE READ. LOVED THE I'M A CELEB VIBE AND THE CHARACTER ZACH. HEARTACHE AND AND FULL OF SURPRISES. THE ENDING WAS A NICE TOUCH. WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND.
JoAnne
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
A cute and fast paced read at only one-hundred eighteen pages. There were a lot of stories and characters especially given that there were two cooking competitions going on. One was set in Walt Disney World in Florida and the other in Australia which was a reality television show, Jungle Survival, to see who would get booted out of the jungle and who would ultimately be crowned the King of the Jungle.

There are family relationships as well as business ones which are set in England. There are frie
Louise
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Zach Docherty, a Celebrity chef, is sent to enter the jungle in a reality tv show closely based on 'I'm a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here!" His mind isn't really on the show because his fiance Poppy has found out some information about Zach through a tabloid newspaper, and has ended the relationship.

Meanwhile back in England Zach's mum Jo and friend Hattie settle themselves down each evening to catch up on the jungle news. Jo is worried about her son, she knows he is still reeling from the break-up
Christie72 (Devilishly Delicious Book Reviews)
If you are looking for a funny, quick read with quirky characters, then look no further than Jungle Rock by Caroline James.
Sexy chef, Zach, has somehow found himself on a reality TV show, Jungle Survival. He agrees…what does he have to lose? He lost the only thing that mattered to him, his fiancée, Poppy, after he was featured in a magazine in a very compromising position with another woman. He tried pleading with Poppy, telling her he doesn’t remember anything except getting really drunk that n
Cheryl
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it
This is a quick read. Although, as I was reading, the story felt a little rushed. For example; when Zach and the rest of the contestants were competing on Jungle Survival, there was very little details given about the tasks that the contestants had to endure. It went from Zach arriving to four contestants. In addition, I was hoping to laugh more than I did. Part of this was because some of the jokes or comments made were too obvious. So, it felt forced. Plus, anything that Lenny said was just se ...more
Aisha
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this book. It brightened up a dreary afternoon and kept me interested. It contains a bit of everything - suspense, humour, romance.. it doesn't quite fit into any one genre! I'd say that's a bonus as it will appeal to most readers.
I didn't know that this was book 3 in a series. Clearly, it works well as a standalone as I didn't feel like I'd missed anything. I'm going to be checking out the other books, having thoroughly enjoyed this one!

Give it a go, I'm sure you'll like it a
Stephanie
Feb 12, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Love it

I've had this sitting on my Kindle far too long. I love Carolines characters Jo and Hattie. Hattie is a joy to read and get to know, you just never know what shenanigans she will be up to next. We watch Jo's son Zach, celeb chef as he's a contestant on the jungle show, but learn that he's trying to recover his reputation after a few inappropriate pictures showed up in the press, affecting his reputation and loosing him his fiancee. Fun and games ensue as always at Bommerville .
Darlene Ramsey
May 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
No and Hattie get ready f or Christmas at Boomerville.

Zack goes into the jungle to help save his reputation from his foolish mistake. Poppy is at Disney World with another chef for a cook off for bragging rites. Poppy doesn't look like she is ever going to get her life back. No and Hattie have to sit on the sidelines on this book to watch Zack do a cook off in the jungle. This was a welcome change f r ok murder and mayhem. Already signed in for the next book. Well done.
Donna Maguire

This book was a delightfully fun, romantic read and I absolutely loved it!!

For a short read (80 pages) the book has been written with a real wit to it that makes it very hard to put down!  The characters are great and I found myself laughing out loud more than one!  It is so easy to read and an ideal pick me up for drab days as you can escape to somewhere warm and sunny!

Five stars from me - really glad I found this author and definitely going to look for
Sharon M. Turner
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Short story but all the elements.

Start with a celebrity chef, an angry ex-fiancee, a reality show half way around the world. Throw in a family owned hotel. Follow along with the workings of a reality show in an Australian jungle and a celebrity cook off at Disney World. Put it all together and find out it the chef and the fiance get back together.
Vicky
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Fun easy read.
Miss Charlotte
May 04, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Brilliant as always from Caroline James

Brilliant as always from Caroline James, always feel bereft when her books end. Love Jo, Hattie, Zach,Jimmy, Bob Hillary and Poppy
Barb Nifong
Mar 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Quick Read

I have not read books by this author before and decided to take a chance on something new. This was a quick read which I like at times. iI would give it a thumbs up for quick enjoyment and good ending.
Holly Senecal
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Fabulously fun story

Caroline James hits the mark with this funny, sweet, easy to read story. I enjoyed the characters and the settings. I only gave this book 4 stars because it felt like it left me hanging, wanting to know more about what was going on in all the back stories. That being said, it does leave me wanting too read more books by this author, especially hoping that these characters will new referenced in other books so I know what happens to them. Kudos to Caroline James an author I am
Gail Atkins
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to TBConFB for this copy. A great easy read novella loosely based on the theme of I'm a celebrity.
Although there's no in depth description on the characters, we do discover the power of the press, how situations are created to bring down the rich and famous.
Will the truth come out that proves Zach was innocent and he can resume his love affair with Poppy?
Can Jo and Hattie continue to make money on the back of Zach?
Linda Hill
Nov 21, 2016 rated it really liked it
Having blown his engagement with Poppy, Zach finds himself in a reality TV programme in Australia.

I haven’t read the other books featuring Zach, but it made no difference at all to my enjoyment of this topical and entertaining story. I have a confession. My guilty pleasure is ‘I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out Of Here‘ which I watch every year leading up to Christmas. Now, whilst I don’t think you need to be a fan of the programme to appreciate Jungle Rock, the fact that I am really enhanced my pleasu
Jill's Book Cafe
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've had all Caroline's books on my Kindle patiently waiting to be read for a while, but along with many others they are buried underneath my to be reviewed pile. However when this novella came along, it was the perfect opportunity to sneak in a short read to let me know what I've been missing and can look forward to.

As it happens this novella is an ideal intro to Caroline's writing in more ways than one, as it features characters that appear in her previous books, as well as looking forward to
Cathy Ryan
Jan 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, humour
Zach Docherty, Michelin starred celebrity Gypsy Chef, is at a low point in his life. After an unfortunate incident which made the headlines and damaged his reputation, his fiancée has called time on their relationship. In a moment of weakness and with persuasion from his manager, Bob, Zach agrees to be a contestant on Jungle Survival, a TV reality show. He’s a great choice as his Romany father taught him the basics of survival and foraging. Zach veers from uncertainty about his decision, his dee ...more

• Better Together
  • Working It Out
  • The Gift of Cockleberry Bay (Cockleberry Bay #3)
  • Star Fish
  • Let Love Win
  • Meet Me in Cockleberry Bay (Cockleberry Bay #2)
  • Starting Over at Acorn Cottage
  • Christmas Spirit
  • Coming Home To Seashell Cottage
  • Mr Portobello's Morning Paper
  • Bear With Me (Whitsborough Bay, #4)
  • Christmas in Cockleberry Bay
  • Christmas at Carly's Cupcakes
  • Finding Hope at Lighthouse Cove
  • The SW19 Club
  • No Room at the Little Cornish Inn
  • Log Fires & Toffee Apple Cake at the Little Duck Pond Cafe (The Little Duck Pond Cafe, #12)
  • What Now?
Caroline James always wanted to write but instead of taking a literary route, she followed a career in the hospitality industry, which included owning a pub and a beautiful country house hotel. When she finally glued her rear to a chair and began to write the words flowed, and several novels later she has gained many best-seller badges for her books. When she’s not writing, Caroline likes to climb ...more