Start by marking “Chatur the Laundry Man: A Funny Childrens Picture Book” as Want to Read:
Chatur the Laundry Man: A Funny Childrens Picture Book

Chatur the Laundry Man: A Funny Childrens Picture Book

3.33  ·  Rating details ·  6 Ratings  ·  5 Reviews
What can a business man, a lazy donkey, and an elephant teach kids about success and friendship? Read along to find out in this playful romp by the award-winning author of The Magic of Friendship!

Chatur the Laundry Man is a funny, lighthearted story with a subtle lesson. Chatur thinks of nothing but growing his business, but his friend Gadhu the donkey keeps telling him to
Paperback
Published October 28th 2016 by Kommuru Books

To ask other readers questions about Chatur the Laundry Man, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Chatur the Laundry Man

Sabrina Fox
This is a light-hearted story with a subtle moral behind it. Don't forget your friends in the process trying to bring in more business for yourself because chances are, you'll learn a very harsh lesson sooner or later.
LitPick Student Book Reviews
Jan 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Chatur the Laundry Man is a simple story that teaches a lesson about taking things one step at a time and not being greedy.

Cute and colorful illustrations take the reader on Chatur's journey of building his laundry business.

The seemingly lazy donkey, Gadhu, and the hard-working elephant, Atal, are complete opposites, but Chatur learns they are both helpful to his business in their own way.

Chatur gets upset at Gadhu for wanting to take it easy and not work all the time. He is thrilled when he com
Paul Franco
Jul 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
The title describes the job of the lead character perfectly: he rides around on his donkey, looking for people who need their clothes cleaned. Too bad he doesn’t work in my neighborhood. (Which reminds me I have to do laundry today; thanks!)
The donkey says, “Ya gotta take it easy, man.” More than once. His lazy attitude gets him replaced with a subservient elephant, who’s the answer to the laundry man’s entrepreneurial dreams. . . until he screws up on the day of the royal wedding.
On the one han
Ryan
Jul 31, 2017 rated it did not like it
I am not a fan of this book. The illustrations look like something you would find on adult swim, and I think the story belongs there as well. Chatur wasn't to keep his business afloat and he wants his donkey to haul more and more. But the donkey doesn't want to do it. So he trades the donkey in on an elephant, and the elephant does everything mater wishes for, even if it ends up bad for the master. I did not like this story. It made me think of a slave, no longer wanting to be a slave. No thank ...more
Donna Maguire
I gave this book 3 stars. It is a fairly light-hearted story with a good moral to it that is easy to read. I really liked the images that were used.
Nidhi
Jul 21, 2017
Richelle Zirkle
Jun 06, 2017
Subhash and Sujata hail from India. They migrated to the United States along with their memories of childhood and youth. Now that they are parents, just like every immigrant they crave to introduce their child to the culture and values of their upbringing. Yet it is challenging to teach something while you are in the midst of adjusting to a different culture yourself.
Subhash and Sujata both work i
More about Subhash Kommuru