Start by marking “Ruby Rosemount and the Magic Carpet” as Want to Read:
Ruby Rosemount and the Magic Carpet

Ruby Rosemount and the Magic Carpet

(The Ruby Rosemount Series)

Ruby Rosemount is flying! A magic carpet (with attitude) is about to take her on the adventure of her life to a magical oasis. There genies, wicked villains, sand sprites, spells and dungeons will test all of her powers - including the ones she still doesn't know she has.
Published 2005 by Scholastic (first published 2004)

Start your review of Ruby Rosemount and the Magic Carpet
DeAnna Knippling
Oct 16, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended. I read it all the way through in one evening.

In short: Harry Potter meets the Arabian Nights. The main character is a girl, but boys play a strong role in this adventure as well.

The story starts out with Ruby, whose mother wants her to grow up to be a normal person, despite the fact that she has an obviously magic purse and gets mail from her mother by having the wind blow it to her. But red-headed Ruby isn’t cut out for a normal life (some people aren’t), and when her mother forbid
Mitchey
May 06, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: need-to-get
This book started my love for adventure
Eloise
Nov 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
My childhood fave!!!!
Katie
Oct 14, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Children 9 and up including adults
Recommended to Katie by: Author
This is a very exciting adventure that all children will love. Jodie has the exquisite talent of creating a world that is real, but has the addition of fantasy fun. All children and adults alike will want to read this and then dream of flying across the globe on a magic carpet.

Ruby thinks she is an ordinary girl of 11 until she starts to question some funny things that happen around her house. Her mother, Ann, tells Ruby she is imagining things and of course the teapot runs out, but Ruby knows h
Theresa
Sep 01, 2013 rated it really liked it
I found this book a week or two ago when I was cleaning out a draw which I hadn't touched for at least 2 or 3 years. In it I found this book, one that I now remember loving when I was about 11 or 12, but hadn't read since then. Reading it now brought back so many memories that I had completely forgotten, so for that, I'm very grateful of it.
Prajwala Gmath
Nov 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
my favorite
claire
Sep 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
My primary school favourite, second to the Sister's Grimm, reread.
Marsbar
May 04, 2016 rated it really liked it
I've decided to re-read this series as it was what really got me into reading and I'm in a reading slump at the moment, going on about 2 years now. Hmmph
Shannie L
Apr 12, 2020 rated it liked it
I had this book sitting on my shelves for ages, but for some reason never read it. I'm actually very surprised that it received so many 5-star ratings, because I don't feel that way at all. Many times while reading, I got a bit lost. At times, the author is unclear of what is happening. I imagined the whole fight scene at the end to be set in the afternoon, but just after it finished, the author casually mentioned that the sun way only just rising. I did, however, really like the storyline.
lucia
Jul 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
CHILDHOOD CLASSIC. that ending whew i still think abt u ruby u QUEEN
Jacinta
May 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This books is amazing. It drew me in right from the start and I couldn’t put it down until I had read it front to cover. I continue to come back to it when I want to escape the real world.
Igga
Feb 22, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: eliza-t
Megan
Another favourite series from my primary school years.
Michael Rooney
Aug 12, 2010
Emma
Jun 07, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)
  • The Thief Lord
  • The Last Legion
  • Il giuramento (Il mio nome è Nessuno, #1)
  • Teutoburgo
  • Alexander: Child of a Dream (Aléxandros, #1)
  • The Kinder Poison (The Kinder Poison, #1)
  • The Archer at Dawn (The Tiger at Midnight Trilogy, #2)
  • The Tiger at Midnight (The Tiger at Midnight Trilogy, #1)
  • The Beholder (The Beholder, #1)
  • The Madness of Lord Ian Mackenzie (Mackenzies & McBrides, #1)
  • The Leopard Prince (Princes Trilogy, #2)
  • Jo & Laurie
  • Paradise (Second Opportunities, #1)
  • Perfection (Neighbor from Hell, #2)
  • What You Wish For
  • Prairie Moon
  • Foxfire Bride
Jodie is the author of the Ruby series for pre-teens. The books are published by Scholastic in Australia and New Zealand and Edizione Piemme in Italy.

Ruby Rosemount and the Magic Carpet was nominated by the publishing industry for the prestigious CBCA Book of the Year Award, was Dymocks Critic's Choice and Angus and Robertson's book of the month.

Ruby Rosemount and the Traveler's Telescope was

The Ruby Rosemount Series (3 books)
  • Ruby Rosemount and the Doomsday Curse