Start by marking “The Light of Reason (Seekers #3)” as Want to Read:
The Light of Reason (Seekers #3)

The Light of Reason

(The Seekers #3)

Orah and Nathaniel return home with miracles from across the sea, hoping to bring a better life for their people. Instead, they find the world they left in chaos.

A new grand vicar, known as the usurper, has taken over the keep and is using its knowledge to reinforce his hold on power.

Despite their good intentions, the seekers find themselves leading an army, and for the fi
Published November 28th 2016 by Evolved Publishing (first published November 17th 2016)

To ask other readers questions about The Light of Reason, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Light of Reason

K.J. Simmill
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
David Litwack's The Light of Reason is the third and final instalment in The Seeker's series. Orah and Nathaniel reach the shores of home, completing a long and eventful journey. But the land they left behind is not the one they return to find. Whispers and lies cloud the minds of people as vicars as deacons spread falsehoods about the tragic end of the heroes' journey in a desperate attempt to regain control, reinstate belief of the divinity of the Sun icon and thus reaffirm their own power. Th ...more
Lori
Sep 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
Very satisfying conclusion to this complex yet simple story. Really enjoyed this whole series. This book is just as well written, entertaining and enjoyable as the previous installments in the series. The whole series has been creative, original, thought provoking and worth every minute.

Balance is needed in every society. The Greenies, The Techies, The Dreamers all learned this the hard way.

Orah, Nathaniel and Thomas started out as Children of Darkness in the only world they had ever known.
Nancy (The Avid Reader)
Orah and Nathaniel have returned home from across the ocean with some of their new friends they made while there. They are happy to be home finally and to see their parents and old friends. But upon their arrival they find that their home has been turned upside down by the Vicars once again. Everything that they set right before leaving their home behind has been usurped.

The Vicars have gone back on their word and have the people back under their rule. The people have been humble into believing
Trisha Perry
Jul 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Orah and Nathaniel are back from their travel in hopes of bringing new and better things but what they find is chaos. They hoped to bring a great light what they instead brought was darkness and war, but what can they do, and how can their new tech help them to avoid the bloodshed?

This is a wonderful series it can be fun in so many ways but also deep and make you think, and narrator Erin deWard plays the different parts so well you will find yourself lost in their world. There is a lot of action
Shanna Tidwell
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You know how sometimes you put off the last part of a book because it's so good you can't stand for it to end? Well I did that with this one. I sat on the last 30 mins for 3 days before finishing it! Yes, it's that good.
Do yourself a favor & read or listen to this series. I'm hoping it becomes a movie or TV series so I can be one of he ones who say 'I read it before anyone else did!'
Thank you David for being so brilliant & such a wonderful writer. Your use of words to describe things bl
Marlene E Lieber
Sep 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good fast read

This series is a great narrative of the human spirit and our desire to always strive for something more.

Humans have the potential for so much good and evil and the path is not always clear.
Emily-Jane Orford
May 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
This is a novel that will really make you stop and think. In fact, the entire series does that. Very powerful writing.
Denis
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An exceptional and fulfilling conclusion to the Seekers Trilogy.
In this third book in the Seeker Series we sail home with Orah and Nathaniel, returning with a combination of amazing new technologies and people from across the sea who want to learn crafts from those in the young adventurers’ society. With tools from the highly-advanced society that they visited (in Book 2), their hope is to provide for a better future for their homeland. What they return to is a rather disastrous situation with a
Anna Tan
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: e-books, review-copy
Orah and Nathaniel are home - but everything they've worked for before they left is gone. The new grand vicar, one they have personal history with, has taken over and is pushing the people back into fear, back into the old ways. Worse - he's taken over the keep and is jealously guarding the knowledge only for his own use.

Nathaniel is slipping down the slippery slope into darkness and Orah can only watch in horror. But she does not know what else to do either. Is violence the only way to win? Wh
Jason
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Part 3 of the Seekers Trilogy sees our ‘Seekers of Light’ travelling back across the waters to their homeland, and picks up immediately from the events in ‘The Stuff of Stars’.
Orah and Nathaniel are joined by many others on their return voyage to their homeland, Kara and Caleb represent the Technos and the Greenies from the other land, and represent those that have come with the Seekers to see their home, the land of the Vicars, and the Keep. They have come with them to see if they can help wit
Tiffany Jones
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing
The Light of Reason is the third and final installment of David Litwack's "The Seekers" Trilogy. I was fortunate enough to be given a copy to read and review. I absolutely loved this series and as much as I nagged to be able to read book 3, as I got further in the book, I almost dreaded reaching the end. I didn't want this journey with Orah and Nathaniel to be over. But, at the same time, I HAD to know what happened next!!! Book 3 is just as well written as the other two books in the series and ...more
Bonnie Dale Keck
Feb 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: other
Kindle Unlimited but think got the first of the 3 from one of my freebie sites. Would say for adults or younger, although of course the subject matter isn't all lights and roses obviously but says is dystopian.Follows events and changes through 3 books.

The Children of Darkness (The Seekers Book 1)
The Stuff of Stars (The Seekers Book 2)
The Light of Reason (The Seekers Book 3)
Sharon
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
I was given the opportunity to read an electronic copy of The Light of Reason. It was given freely to me by the author, David Litwack, with no expectations. This is my honest opinion of the book.

Nathaniel and Orah have triumphantly returned home to Little Pond, with a profound feeling that they are bringing a better life to their friends, neighbors, and families. They soon discover a world in chaos, with power in the hands of the usurper. With the dreamers only accessible through a special devic
Julie Powell
Feb 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Without giving away too much, I will say that the conclusion to this dystopian fantasy is a wonderful mixture of philosophy, adventure and great insight into human behaviour.

The characters are realistic and believable, the plot is clever and intriguing, while the sense of place is brought alive with perfect and concise descriptions. All brilliantly developed throughout the trilogy.

Will humans ever learn? Who knows?

Highly recommended.
Eric Morgenthaler
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
A fun set of books to read

I just finished this series and enjoyed each one. They are simple books with an alluring message about the struggles each of us has differentiating choices in life. I like the repeated concept that all of us are continuing to grow up, that no one has all the answers, and that all of life is about growing and maturing.

I think this would be a great series for young adults, given the lessons it teaches. Nevertheless, I thoroughly enjoyed it as an adult.
Janice Lantzy
Kathe Coleman
Nov 04, 2017
Awesome Indies Book Awards
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Light of Reason is the third book in David Litwack's The Seekers series, (The Children of Darkness and The Stuff of Stars being the first two) and it continues the series' trend of well-written, dystopian science fiction with wonderfully-developed characters and a unique mood.

We re-join our heroes, Orah and Nathaniel, as they return from their adventure across the ocean. The childhood friends immediately notice that their home is not how they left it. They learn that the Vicars have broken t
Sasha
Jan 25, 2017
Lane Diamond
Mar 14, 2017
The urge to write first struck at age sixteen when working on a newsletter at a youth encampment in the woods of northern Maine. It may have been the wild night when lightning flashed at sunset followed by the northern lights rippling after dark. Or maybe it was the newsletter’s editor, a girl with eyes the color of the ocean. But he was inspired to write about the blurry line between reality and ...more

The Seekers (3 books)
  • The Children of Darkness (Seekers #1)
  • The Stuff of Stars (Seekers #2)