Start by marking “Dawn of the New Breed (A Tale of Vampires, #0)” as Want to Read:
Dawn of the New Breed (A Tale of Vampires, #0)

Dawn of the New Breed

(A Tale of Vampires #0)

Just how long will a vampire wait for revenge? Buy Dawn of the New Breed to find out in the prequel to the best selling vampire series.

The full length prequel to Murderous Little Darlings (A Tale of Vampires #1).

England, 1472. A teenage Mariana Claremont is having a secret liaison with England’s premier soldier and commander of the King’s army.

Unhappy with t

Published November 19th 2016 by Createspace (first published April 2nd 2016)

To ask other readers questions about Dawn of the New Breed, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Dawn of the New Breed

Start your review of Dawn of the New Breed (A Tale of Vampires, #0)
J. Kahele
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (2/22/2020)! 🎁
Rachel Maniacup
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Rachel by: John Hennessy
Before anything else, I would like to thank my friend John Hennessy, for once again sending me the pdf copy of this spectacular creation of his. Right now, I really am a very busy woman but with books like these, how can I resist reading?!

Reading this book opened my mind as it provided me a lot of answers to the questions I had when I was reading the three first books of A Tale of Vampires. It made me fully understand the history of everything, especially of all the characters in this tale parti
Andrea
May 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book so much that after 2 chapters I ordered the rest in the series. Brilliant book .
Katerina Sestakova novotna
This fantastic book is a prequel to John Hennessy’s bestselling vampire series. Since I had read all his vampire books before this one, I had very high expectations. I am happy to say that Dawn of the New Breed has exceeded them and is John Hennessy’s best vampire book to this day. It can be read as a standalone story, but reading at least the first two books first (Murderous Little Darlings and The Blood and the Raven) places this book to a wholly new level.

Marianna, an attractive yet bloodthir
SheReads
Nov 18, 2016 rated it it was amazing
"We are what we believe we are, and we become what we believe, and we live that life."

I seem to remember this quote from another book in the series, but it rings truer here than anywhere else. Wow, what can I say? Mr. Hennessy has truly outdone himself this time. I'm a huge fan and this book has exceeded even my expectations. It's a prequel to the series, but I'm glad I'd already read all the others because it was very cool to go back and see how it all began.
The first half of the book takes pl
Merril Anil
Nov 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing
A completely new face

First of all a huge thanks to John for being such an amazing writer and creating such a fabulous series

Dawn of the New Breed was such a surprise and a complete rediscovery of the series in itself. The book in a way stands apart from the whole series for partly its theme and partly for its treatment. there is definitely something different about the book.

Unlike another books of the series, the book is not that dark but packed with an amazingly powerful story. In fact i wo
Charlotte Marie Henley
Dec 11, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have literally been up all night reading this book. By far the best of the vampire series, I was unsure where it started and didn't think the old time period setting would work. But I think it links in brilliantly with book three...or is it four now with this prequel?? Anyways, Innocent While She Sleeps was set in kind of this period, and this one is just so cool at linking the vampires of the past with the vampires of modern day.

If you read this, and then read the kind of latest in the serie
Mindy
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Prequel!

I couldn't put the story down. I had to find out how the history unfolded for all the characters. This is a prequel that I would recommend to friends .
JUDITH DICKINSON
Apr 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I had read some of this series but this prequel really opened the door to the vampiric origins. Originating in the days when Scotland and England were still contesting their borders, we meet Mariana whose life is torn apart, losing her partner and having her unborn baby ripped from her womb. Left to come to terms with her new life as a vampire she finds the change challenging. The story-line comes up to date, bringing it into our own time, and we learn of Mariana's emerging links to triplets Jul ...more
Janice E. Ryberg
Dawn of the New Breed is a great teaser and really draws you in!

I knew it was a prequel and was mostly intended to create a way to relate to the characters and their roles. It does so much more! You feel drawn into the story and don't want it to end...good thing it is a quick read! Now I am ready and eager to start book one Murderous Little Darlings! Don't miss this beginning.
Debra
Mar 15, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: horror, vampires
I so enjoyed Hennessy's take and tale of his vampires. I am so glad that I decided to read this prequel before diving into Murderous Little Darlings. ...more
Brenda Mohammed
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
In Dawn of the New Breed Author John Hennessy has sought to provide the background of Mariana Claremont, the Head Vampire in his Tale of Vampires Series.
Mariana was someone who had her young life, her unborn baby, and her lover, stolen from her five hundred years before when England and Scotland were frequently at war. At age seventeen Mariana and Francis Weston, a General in the King’s court fell in love. Weston planned to marry her, but fate had other plans for them.
Mariana's life changed fore
Alicia
Jul 10, 2020
Cathryn
Apr 19, 2020
Marylin Beasley
Jun 12, 2020
John Hennessy
Apr 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
jim hilligoss
Jackie
Nov 15, 2019
Iris Schechter
Jan 03, 2020
Goodreads Librari...: Please update my cover (kindle and paperback) 2 16 Jun 12, 2020 03:38PM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add new cover 5 22 Nov 14, 2016 05:45AM
Goodreads Librari...: Please add to my series 2 16 Aug 31, 2015 04:49AM

• No Love Allowed (Dodge Cove, #1)
  • The Secret History of Us
  • Smoke Bitten (Mercy Thompson, #12)
  • Golden in Death (In Death, #50)
  • Sweep with Me (Innkeeper Chronicles, #4.5)
  • The Phantom Queen (Whisper Hollow #3)
  • Vampire Shifter Academy
  • Altered Genes: Genesis
  • Magic Means Boxed Set: Books 1-3 (Magic Means Boxed Sets Book 1)
  • Darklight (Darklight #1)
  • Resurrection (Immortal Soulless #1)
  • Missouri Loves Company (Rip Lane, #1)
  • Soulless at Sunset (Last Witch Standing #1)
  • Covenant College (Covenant College, #1-5)
  • Vanessa Schierman PhD WITCH: A Paranormal Adventure (The Bloodsong Series)
  • No Man Can Tame (The Dark-Elves of Nightbloom, #1)
  • A Bond of Blood (A shade of Vampire, #9)
  • A Chase of Prey (A Shade of Vampire, #11)
John Hennessy is the British author of paranormal fantasy horror for YA, psychological horror and murder mysteries, plus his own unique take on vampire lore. He has also written ghost stories and delved into high epic fantasy with a hint of romance.

BOOKBUB: Follow the author for Featured Deals and New Releases here

John is an international best selling author. The Ghost of Normandy Road reached Num

A Tale of Vampires (2 books)
  • Reunion of the Blood (A Tale of Vampires #1)
  • Our Hearts Go To Their Graves (A Tale of Vampires #2)