Start by marking “Guarded Heart” as Want to Read:
Guarded Heart

Guarded Heart

4.8  ·  Rating details ·  15 Ratings  ·  8 Reviews
Welcome to the time where memories are made and hearts get broken.
Raven Quinn has always been a force on the basketball court, but in life, not so much. Having a dating life isn’t easy when she’s taller and stronger than every guy she knows, or he’s already put her in the friend zone. Which hasn’t really been a problem until now. Now she’s feels left out and left behind. W
ebook
Published November 28th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Guarded Heart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Guarded Heart

I Dont Get Sundays
Nov 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
So yes I am in my 30s, yes I enjoy this YA series that SM is writing, and yes I am enjoying thinking about my days back in high school. High school can be scary, it can be drama, it can be awesome, and it can be a something you want to forget.

Remember that best friend through elementary and middle then high school hits and BAM, you have hormones and he is all of a sudden HOT?!?! That is the story of Raven and Grant. Well kinda.

Raven and Grant have been friends since birth because their friends
Shawna
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of this book in return for my honest opinion.

S.M. Donaldson has done it again. Just when I think that the book she just released is my favorite she releases another that blows my mind. She is truly a very talented writer and has a way of making you fall in love with the story while making you feel like you were there watching it unfold first hand.

Guarded Heart is book #2 in her mature YA series, Game Time. As with the first book Crimson Catch, I believe both COULD be read as
Georgie
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I have read the first book in this series and really enjoyed it so I was super stoked to be able to review this one!!

I really enjoyed the story of Grant and Raven...I love me a good friends to more book and especially one in the YA genre so this one was extra special!

I think you could read this one as a stand alone but best way would be to hook into Crimson Catch to get the bigger picture on a couple characters that are referenced quite a bit in this second book of the series!

Raven and Grant are
Clare Hart
Nov 17, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was given an ARC in exchange for an honest review.
I really loved Crimson Catch so really excited about getting to read Guarded Heart,this was a great story about life of these teenage best friends living in a small town. Raven is a basketball star but for years has been treated and felt like one of the guys, even by Grant her best friend who is protective,loyal and sweet,unfortunately that's all Grant has ever been her bestfriend.
Raven really struggles with her confidence and self image and le
Alisa
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I was provided an ARC in exchange for my honest review.

* MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS *

I would like to start off by saying that I love the Game Time series!! You do not need to read Crimson Catch before reading Guarded Heart.

I really enjoyed reading Guarded Heart!!! Raven is a spunky basketball player who has some esteem issues and feels like none of the guys notice her other than her life long best friend Grant. Shane enters the picture and he sweet talks Raven into going out with him. Little does sh
Jennifer Sons
Nov 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I love SM Donaldson's book & this one did not disappoint. I love how raw & real this book is. It's YA but touches on very important & intense subjects such as dating abuse.

Raven & Grant are best friends and don't want anything to mess that up. Grant is very protective of Raven, especially when she hooks up with the school jerk. Raven finds herself in an abusive relationship & doesn't know how to get out. She's a tom boy & loves sports. I hate that there's a stereotype fo
Amy Rehberg
Nov 12, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Guarded Heart isn't your typical sports book. It has a little bit about sports but its mainly about two teens living in a small town and dealing with the daily struggles of a teenager life. Raven is a basketball star but she also is a girl that everyone thinks of as one of the guys. I grew up and still live in my small town. I had guys who thought of me as one of the guys. Sometimes like Rave thing may get ugly but you have friends and family who help you realize it even if at the time you think ...more
Debbe Swafford
Nov 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-shelve
This is another great book from one of my favorite authors - SM Donaldson!! I'm an older reader and this is a YA book, but its the second in the seriesand I loved the first and this one was just as great!! This is a must read and you don't have to read the first one, but you would love too!!!! I love the small town feel of the stories. Definately a MUST read!!
Tiffany
Aug 11, 2017
Lynnette Wiles
Dec 27, 2016
Carrie
Dec 21, 2016
S.M. Donaldson
Nov 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Amanda Burton
Christina
May 26, 2017
Kim
Sep 18, 2017
S.M. Donaldson is a born and raised Southern girl. She grew up in a small rural town on Florida’s Gulf Coast, the kind of place where everyone knows your business before you do, especially when your Daddy is a cop and your Mom works for the school system. She married one of her best friends at the age of 20 and has two sons. She is a proud military wife, has always had a soft spot for a good story ...more