Start by marking “Sink (Mermaid Royalty, #1)” as Want to Read:
Sink (Mermaid Royalty, #1)

Sink

(Mermaid Royalty #1)

Obedience has always been a matter of survival for sixteen-year-old mermaid princess Pauline. Her mother is the tyrannical Queen Calypso, who rules the kingdom of Atargatis with an iron trident. To utter one word against her would mean banishment — or worse — so Pauline bites her tongue and minds her manners. But on the eve of her sister’s merling-shower, all of that is ab ...more
Paperback
Published July 31st 2017 by Clean Teen Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Sink, please sign up.
M.E. Yes :o) There will be two more books in the series. Next up is Angelique's story, then Fawna's.

Start your review of Sink (Mermaid Royalty, #1)
D.M.
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
*This book is free on Amazon at the moment and I couldn't resist.

Sink is about a mermaid called Pauline (I'll be honest, her name was a little off-putting. I would have preferred something sea creative). The story is creative and unique. Sink is just the start of the series. Book 3 has just come out. I haven't decided if I will read the next one... we will see, but I'm ready for something else for now.

Pauline is a princess and has just turned 16. The younger mermaids are kept in the dark of how
Debbie Herbert
Jul 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was magical from page one until the end. I adore mermaid stories and the author's mythology surrounding them was enchanting.

Pauline grows from a frightened girl, cowering before her mother, Queen Calypso, into one kick-butt mermaid. I cheered for her from the beginning. Her human love, Eddie is charming, funny and all you could want in a hero.

The underwater scenes and world-building were superb. Who hasn't fantasized about the gold-paved streets of Atlantis? And there were dolphin rid
Coco.V
Dec 28, 2017 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: freebie
💝 FREE on Amazon today (12/28/2017)! 💝
Layla
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love this book! I was hooked from the beginning and it just got better as the story progressed. If you like/love the little mermaid then you'll love this story! The plot for me was predictable however I did not care because I found the style of writing pulled me in. The characters, I thought, are great. They all have there own personality. The only negative I have about this book is that I found Calypso isn't evil enough. I didn't hate her like you would a villain, I felt more sorry for her. B ...more
Laura  Hernandez (TheVoluptuousBkDiva/YABkDivas)
I read the synopsis and was intrigued, and the beautiful cover sealed the deal for me and let me tell you... OMG!! Once you pick this book up, you won't want to put it down until you reach the very last page which is exactly what happened. I started reading it right before bedtime and stayed up reading it until I was done.

First, the author has a creative and magical way of weaving the perfect story line, so I was immediately captured in her net. The world building was amazing, and the character
Véronique Laplante Grenier
Jul 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Love this book. It was the first book of M.E. Rhines that I was reading. Not disapointed. Will sure be reading the rest of the serie.
Brittany Fitzgerald
Decently written, not enough depth

I am a big fan of underwater fantasy stories, so I was very excited to read Sink. Overall, a good read. The author certainly has a talent for writing, and I was never confused or distracted by grammatical mistakes of any kind. The plot was excellent, and she was pretty descriptive. Some things irked me though. Some phrases used to describe the mermaid’s movements, which made no sense given the fact that she has no legs, but they were forgivable. Also some of the
Jennifer Mosier
Apr 12, 2018 rated it liked it
Becky Price
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was the first book I have read by M.E. Rhines and I absolutely loved it. I will definitely be reading the two more books that will be coming out from this series, and will also be checking out the other books by her. For me, this book was a short one, but I couldn't have enjoyed it more. I loved how the author was able to weave so many characters and storylines into one book without getting the page count into the 400's or beyond. If it was longer I wouldn't have cared, because that just me ...more
Katrina Dehart
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was so fun to read! Lots of family twist and turns, love, and action. I really can't wait to read book two of this series. If you love mermaids, then this is a must read!
Diana  Gioia (Hot Tink)
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rereads
I have been trying to at least find a decent mermaid book and I have found it. This book is really good and I look forward to reading the sequel.
Brigitte
Sink takes us to Atargatis, a world of mermaids which is full of mysteries. The queen rules by inducing fear. She has a dark heart and practices dark magic. Going against her, results in severe punishments.

Pauline is the youngest daughter of Queen Calypso. She is very compliant and basically does as she is told. On her sixteenth birthday, she is initiated in the adult world and witnesses the most disturbing occurrence. Her whole life has been a lie. The history fed to them has been manufactured
Nikki
Jul 23, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: young-adult, mermaids
Dana Wood
Apr 01, 2018 rated it did not like it
Superficial teen book. I couldn’t read it. It was just so contrived.
Brigitte

Vanessa
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review. Thank you!*

So I haven’t actually read too many mermaid books simply because most of them don’t seem too interesting. I read the synopsis of Sink and was immediately hooked. And I’m glad to say that Sink was a very good mermaid read!

Pauline is the main character and a mermaid. She is also such a great character to read from. She is the youngest of three sisters and has always felt somewhat out of place. She isn’t q
Jamie
Oh my goodness SINK was so good! I didn't want to put it down, I was drawn in right from the start. This was one of those books that kept me up late at night reading.

Pauline is a teenage mermaid who pretty much does what she is told. Her mother is Calypso, the Queen of Atargatis and basically everyone is frightened of her. She is so ruthless in her evil doings within the kingdom. But that all changes when she learns what happens to the human men once they are done with them. Now that Pauline is
Ashlyn
Oct 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Super cute and a quick read

I liked this book more than I thought I would. It was cute, clean, and short. I liked Eddie and Pauline's relationship, but I wish there was a bit more development. It was pretty much insta-love, but it was still cute how they interacted with each other.
The magic and fantasy part about it was fun and I loved the atmosphere. There wasn't too much world building, but a lot of it was left to the imagination, which I liked.
The Queen was so evil! I wanted to rip her hair
Sarah Hull
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
Wellllllll OK, I will give the author some credit for having a unique setting for a YA novel in today’s world of vaguely high fantasy series or post-Hunger-Games dystopias. This book is still highly derivative of The Little Mermaid (which the author acknowledges somewhat jokingly at one point) - a 16-year-old mermaid princess who collects human treasures in a grotto and falls in love with a shipwrecked human.

The writing was very juvenile and simplistic, even for a book aimed at teenagers. This
Kaiyla
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book and am eager to continue the series! It was really nice to read a book about a young "girl" that actually felt believably young. The dynamics between her and her mother, her sisters, and the world around her were captivating and pulled on my heart strings every step of the literary journey. I loved the twists and turns, and that when all the secrets were revealed the plot still made sense from start to finish. YAY MERMAIDS! Thank you M.E. Rhines for writing great quali ...more
Yvonne Ong
Mar 29, 2018 rated it it was ok
Good for a light, escapist read - I finished it in a couple of hours at a languid pace.

The plot was alright and engaging enough, but the character development is lacking: authors jumps too quickly from one scene to the next without much expansion.

The story allowed me to exercise my imagination and this is one of the few plus points of the book. On the other hand, the language was average and far from splendid.
Chantal-Lise Mirman
Angie Taylor
Mar 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Sweet and refreshing!

This was a really fun ya fantasy story about a mermaid finding her place in her kingdom and falling in love with a human. Two things that stood out to me were how well paced the storytelling was, with one piece of action occurring after another. Too many times stories get stuck world-building, and this story flowed really nicely, with the world-building interwoven in the descriptions of feeling and uses of phrases in dialogue, etc. Nicely done!
Felicia
I really enjoy under water stories, specifically mermaid tales. Sink is a cute and adventurous story that's centered around family and true love. It was a little cheesy in some scenes but overall enjoyable and a story that I would recommend, especially for young readers. However, I do look forward to reading the stories of Pauline's sisters.

PS. As a huge Disney fan, I loved the nod to The Little Mermaid!
Wendy
Jul 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: eb-my-kindle
An interesting read about Mermaids and their world under the sea.
Pauline is a young mermaid princess. The youngest. Her Mother, the queen is a tyrant. But as young and naive as Pauline is, she finds the strength to go against her mother and all that she knows.
Book 2 and 3 are a continuance of book 1, so I would not recommend going out of sequence. Further, the latter books are about her other sisters. I am not much interested in either. I wanted more about Pauline.
Carol Riggs
Nov 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: young-adult, fantasy
What a fun read! Snappy dialogue, cute and clever humor, lively characters, and a perfect pace. I appreciated the author skipping the potentially boring parts where traveling and interim-type stuff were happening. She cut straight to the next scene where the action was taking place. Entertaining and enchanting. I smiled a lot while reading this. I like how Atlantis was woven into this book.
Jessica
Apr 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: general-fantasy
I thoroughly enjoyed this underwater adventure! the author immediately captivated my attention with the action and the merfolk's way of life. This was a fun read partly due to the fact that it was fast paced while still including valuable information. Fantasy is almost always an enthralling genre and this book provided that to satisfaction. I am looking forward to finishing this trilogy! :)
Kld2003
Apr 13, 2018 rated it liked it
Maybe a fun read for tweens to young adult, but it was just an ok book for this grandma. I usually enjoy reading young adult books but the writing on this one wasn't great. I didn't fully engage with any of the characters and only finished the book because I always try to finish any book I start. If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't bother. But most tweens would probably love it.
Pure
May 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
OMG

This is an awesome book was good from the start, I felt pulled right into the under sea world, could not put it down, had me on the edge of my seat, the tale ,the drama, it all played out beautifully cannot wait to read book two ,this is another good book for book lovers, to get the book you will be happy you did i know I am.
Thelizyouknow
Jul 25, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a sweet little romance, but fantasies should probably be more than that. I realize that the mermaid trope involves a human soul mate, but when that's all there is to a female character, I really can't get into her. Yes, she... did some heroic things, but only because of her guy.

However, if this is your thing, you'll love this book, which is well paced and very readable.

• Eternal (The Queen's Alpha #1)
  • Mindspeak (Mindspeak, #1)
  • Milayna (Milayna, #1)
  • The Atlantis Girl (The Atlantis Saga #1)
  • Brightest Kind of Darkness (Brightest Kind of Darkness, #1)
  • Bound by a Dragon (The Dragon Archives, #1)
  • Starstruck (Starstruck, #1)
  • Never Forgotten (Never Forgotten, #1)
  • Something in the Heir (It's Reigning Men #1)
  • Serenade (The Nightmusic Trilogy, #1)
  • Twisted: The Girl Who Uncovered Rumplestilskin's Name
  • A Hairy Tail (A Hairy Tail, #1)
  • The Liftsal Guardians
  • Light (Dream Casters, #1)
  • Courted (Gowns & Crowns, #1)
  • Xoe Meyers Trilogy: Books 1-3: Xoe, Accidental Ashes, and Broken Beasts (Xoe Meyers Young Adult Fantasy/Horror Series Book 0)
  • Golden Blood (Time Spirit Trilogy, #1)
  • Bellamy and The Brute (Bellamy and the Brute, #1)
ME Rhines a southwest Florida native currently living in North Port with her two beautiful children and a third, much larger child whom she affectionately calls husband.
She writes young adult paranormal romance to feed her belief that fairy tales are real and nonsense is necessary.

She also writes adult romances under her edgier alter-ego, Mary Bernsen

Mermaid Royalty (3 books)
  • Swim (Mermaid Royalty, #2)
  • Splash (Mermaid Royalty, #3)