Start by marking “Offensive Rebound: Holding Court” as Want to Read:
Offensive Rebound: Holding Court

Offensive Rebound: Holding Court

4.38  ·  Rating details ·  384 Ratings  ·  190 Reviews
TRAE
It's a call that changes my life--and my little girl's. Years ago, playing for the NBA was the dream, but the Seattle Stallions suck. Worse than that, my old teammate is now the star center--not to mention my number one rival. There has to be a catch, some sort of agenda. Before I was injured, I was the best. Now? There's no way they want me.

But when I see the roster
275 pages
Published January 15th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Offensive Rebound, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Offensive Rebound

XxTainaxX
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
To be completely honest, I wasn't sure I was going to like this story when I first started. The main characters come off as very immature in the beginning, most especially the heroine. I picked up a young new adult vibe that took a little bit to shake off, but I was glad I stuck around to see it change. The premise of the story is revenge. Both Courtney and Trae have a distinct dislike for her ex, each with their own valid reason. Courtney has to bridge the biggest gap to growth in my opinion. W ...more
NMmomof4
3.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: This was a little bit better than "just ok" for me. I didn't necessarily go in expecting much, but I didn't get much either. It won't go down on my favorites shelf, and I don't think it will be all that memorable in the long run tbh. I think that the characters had potential to be more than they were, but sadly we just scratched the surface -- especially Trae and his daughter! I felt like there could be so much more to that whole part of the story. Oh well! It was a e
Shannon Moore
Jan 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
You know those books that you read that can just instantly change your mood and make you feel happy? This is one of those books! The overall vibe of the story is sweet and fun, sexy and hilarious. It feels light and carefree even though it deals with some serious stuff, and you'll be hard pressed to not fall for these characters! Usually yes, the relationship between the characters is what everyone remembers most about a book but the vibe and feel of Offensive Rebound is something else I won't f ...more
Natalie The Biblioholic
This story was about revenge. Plain and simple. Both Trae and Courtney hated her ex Brock for their own reasons. They each had their own history with him and had been burned in many ways by him. Somehow they fell into a friendship with each other that blossomed into a pseudo-relationship and grew into love.

Although a sports romance, it focuses more on the behind-the-scenes action than what actually happens on the court. I'm not sure how accurate it was but while reading it I found I couldn't car
Kate's Corner
Oh sweet baby Jesus we all need a Trae Rhodes in our lives. He is a filthy, dirty Hero with a hidden side of sweet.

Courtney Cohen has inherited the Seattle Stallions although at the moment they are acting more like ponies. Her father Charlie Cohen built it all for Courtney.

Charlie Cohen is no more but the sly dog put a plan in motion to help two people.

The Stallions are the laughing stock of the NBA and Court wants to change that and bring them right to the top if it wasn't for one slight pesky
Tijuana *BookTwinsReviews*
Offensive Rebound is an entertaining read. Parts of it could actually be described as fun and the character development is exceptional. The story includes one of my favorite tropes and had some really fun scenes. However, while reading this, I decided on a lower rating. I'm really glad I waited a couple days to write a full review. Since finishing this book, I've thought about it several times. Because of it's staying power, I decided on a higher rating.

Here's what I absolutely loved: One word,
Malene
Jan 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
Offensive Rebound is a wonderful sports romance with two fabulous main characters. Courtney definitely took charge and wanted to do her deceased father proud by taking over his basketball team The Stallions. It took a lot knowledge and work but she was persistent and determined to make it a success.
She'd gotten her heart broken by the basketball team's star Brock but wouldn't let that define or break her down. No, she would get even or better yet, make his time there miserable.

Courtney got help
Carmen Rae
This is the first M.J. Fields book I have read and I went in not sure of what to expect from her writing but I got caught up on that blurb. So I went in without any preconceived ideas on what I was getting and it was great. Well it was mostly great. I was a little thrown by the way the first person point of view was written for the first few chapters but then I was so caught up in the story and seeing where it was going to go that I didn’t even notice it.

This is one of those books that I went b
Carlene Inspired
ARC provided in exchange for an honest review.

Courtney Cohen has inherited a basketball team, but not just any team, she inherited The Stallions, the laughing stock of the NBA. To make things worse, her ex-fiance, Brock, is team captain and prior to his passing her father hired Brock's arch-nemesis. Desperate to prove everyone wrong, Courtney takes on The Stallions and begins turning things around, but things get confusing when Trae Rhodes shows her he's more than just Brock's enemy and her Plan
Lea ★
ARC kindly provided by author VIA TRSOR promotions.

Okay, I'd say this book is a must read for all sports romance fans/readers.
Main hero is a basketball player and heroine is an heiress that recently inherited Seattle Stallions, her own basketball team.
Having that in mind, I have to emphasise the fact that I don't watch basketball and pretty much don't know anything about it. Lame, I know. NBA is just not my thing, and my own little brother would probably kill me for what I just wrote. But that
AC Book Blog (Anne Christine)
New sexy sport romance ALERT!!!! This book is addictive and will keep you hooked from beginning until the end. One hard-ass basketball player, a smart mouthed team owner, and a little girl. Their story will pull at your heart strings a little bit.

Trae retired from professional basketball so he could be close to his daughter. One phone call from the coach and his life is about to change. Trae has a beef to settle with his teammate who happened to be the new owner’s ex-fiancé. Can you smell troubl
Eleanor
Jan 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
5 Holy Rebound Stars

What a book!! I'm loving MJ's new Sports Series Holding Series. We have one hot alpha basketball player, Trae Rhodes and we have Courtney Cohen the owner of Seattle Stallions. The Stallions are the laughing stock of the NBA and Courtney wants to change this and bring them right to the top. She unfortunately is faced with a long hard round ahead with no one taking her seriously except Trae.

This is one incredible novel by M.J. Fields. As always I love her style of writing. I
Jan
5, Her time, his season stars.

OFFENSIVE REBOUND IS A SLAM DUNK AND SCORE

Every M.J.Fields book I have read has been different, some more humorous or more serious than the other. What isn't different is this authors ability to have me glued to the pages.

I loved Trae, a basketball player, he's got a rep as a player off court too but you cant always believe the tabloids. Trae is not only hot, he's one caring, sweet talking, sexy,baby daddy, he's definitely my new bbf.

Courtney nicknamed Court by T
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***Available Now - Full Review ***

4 For the Season CROWNS

Alpha hero? Check. Heroine looking to establish her independence? Check. Sexual tension that crackles? Check. A romance that will steam up your screen and make you swoon? Check. M.J. Fields delivers in every single area with Offensive Rebound.

Courtney is a heroine that is looking to reclaim her independence. She has been hurt by someone she thought she could trust, someone who was supposed to love her, and she refuses to allow him to harm
Kristin Campbell
Jan 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: cd_authors
I love Trae! That's the first thing I have to say.

This was a fun read, with a depth to it that left me heartbroken.
I loved the main characters, Trae and Courtney. Christa was so damn funny. Parker intrigued me. Brock...I wish he would jump off a building. I wanted to kill Coach, and I loved Bill.

Trae ... I'm telling ya, he's a one in a million guy. He's all alpha, yet he has a softness to him that outshines his alpha tendencies. And his dirty mouth...holy crap!

Courtney overcame a lot in this
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

MJ Fields has been a go-to author of mine for years now. Not only is she an amazing person, but she is also a fantastic writer. Known for her alpha males, independent heroes, and strong storylines, she gives readers her best book... to date.

Offensive Rebound was a sexy, thrilling, intense, passionate, and all-consuming book that kept me glued to the pages cover to cover. As usual, MJ took me on an emotional roller coaster full of ups, downs, and everything in between.

Trae and Courtney p
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4.5 Hearts

Offensive Rebound is a stand alone novel by MJ Fields. I love a great sports romance and MJ killed it with this one. I guarantee if you didn't follow basketball before reading this, you will now. You need to find your own Trae Rhodes somewhere out there.

Here is what to like about this one

STRONG female lead. Courtney is young so she has some typically young adult blunders. But when she decides to take the bull by the horns......watch out. She has a mission, she has a plan, and she gets
Romance Readers Retreat
Jan 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book. It's not my usual go-to sub genre - I'm not particularly into sports related books - but this one is worth venturing out for.
It's a great story filled with a few laughs, lots of chemistry, a fiery, stubborn woman and an alpha-ish male. Don't get my wrong, Brock is great but he's not overly alpha. Just enough, which suits his character.
There are parts that warmed my heart and left my eyes slightly damp. It's well written and gets your heart racing on many levels.

Altho
Mar
4.5-5 stars

omg I love this book so much I have no words!!!!
Trea was an amazing character to read... I love him so much!
and Charlotte was great too; tho my favourite girl from the book was Christa, I love her!!!
The book was beautifully written and it sucked you from the start. I couldn't put the book down from the moment I start reading it. It was such a good book to read after many crappy books I've read lately!
fully recommended!!
Cinzia
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Since I was a teenager I’ve always had a great passion for American sports: basketball, football and hockey above all, and I talk about sleepless nights to see matches live and so on, in short, I was really “crazy” for them. Now I switched to the next step: I love reading sport romance novels and as I saw “Offensive Rebound”, I thought “miiiine” instantaneous.

The first few pages had deceived me about Courtney, the female protagonist, she seemed a little bit too naive to fall for Brock and not so
April Symes
I am not much into reading sports romance BUT this is one that I totally dug!! This was fantastic and is a must read for anyone who loves romance novels.
Courtney Cohen has inherited the Seattle Stallions when her father , Charlie Cohen, died. She at first thought thru the pain of his death she found something and someone but her heart was broke and that is when she discovered revenge and strength. She discovered that her father built up everything for her- yet the Seattle Stallions is totally n
Reviews from the Heart (Kimberly Anne)
I LOVE SPORTS STORIES!!!! I don't know what its is about them but I am a huge sucker! Especially of my favorite sports: Basketball, MMA & Football. In no particular order.

Maybe it's the vision of these men all hot and sweaty playing hard..........Phew, I gotta get back on track.

Everyone loves to exact revenge on a known advisory. Better when it's with their ex.....

Courtney Cohen thought she was in love. Brock Boeheim, the star of the Seattle Stallions. Brock was the captain of the basketba
Nicole
Jan 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
It's no secret that I do love me a good sports romance. Football, hockey, rugby, baseball, basketball...it doesn't much matter to me. A hot jock, some action on and off the playing field/pitch/court, and a good love story and I'm pretty darn happy!

MJ Fields' new book, Offensive Rebound, fits my requirements and gives just a little bit more. Trae Rhodes is the hot basketball player who has signed for one season to the Seattle Stallions. Having missed his chance to play in the big time due to a kn
Elizabeth Clinton
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Offensive Rebound is a new stand-alone by MJ Fields and when you open this book from the very first page you are hooked.
We meet Courtney Cohen a young woman just graduating from college and being handed the reigns of an NBA team the Seattle Stallions. Courtney has loved the game since it was the one thing her and dad had in common but with the love comes the responsibility. Courtney realizes that this isn't going to be easy but she is willing to make her Dad proud but when obstacles are thrown
Juliette

"I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book."

This is a sweet, sexy, funy, well written book that keep you reading until the last page!!

This is a soo diferente book that make you out of the repetitive and enjoy yourself

The chemistry, and the flirting between them, the alpha and sweet side of Trae, and the stubbornness of Court make the whole pack of a REALLY great book like this.

description

En mi blog
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
5 Star

I got sucked into the story from the very first page. This is another hot, steamy, passionate, sexy, and heartbreaking story from MJ. She knows just what to write to suck you in and have you turning the pages until the very end.

This is Courtney and Trae’s story. After being injured Trae is called and offered a chance with the Seattle Stallions. Problem is they totally suck. Can he help that team come back to win after his injury? Should he try? After discovering he man cheated Courtney dev
Bethany
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: basketball
"Her Time. His Season."

Her Time.
It is Courtney's time to shine. She has to step in and save a team that is the worst in the league and also save her fathers business. She needs to prove to herself and everyone in her life that she can do this, but can she keep her eye on the prize when faced with a distraction like Trae.

His Season.
Trae has one season to show everyone he is still on top of his game and not just basketball. He will win, he will get his revenge, he will get the girl, but only for a
Stacy
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book by MJ Fields!

I absolutely loved this sports romance. MJ had proven yet again how awesome of an author she is. This is her first sports romance age was written and she blew it out of the water. And the fact that this is centered around basketball just makes it that much better.

While I am not basketball person, Ms. Fields made this book easy to read without any of the technical mumbo jumbo (thanks for that by the way), and centered this book around the ownership side of a ba
Catherine  Wright (Cat's Guilty Pleasure)
Another great book from MJ, I loved this one. Trae was great, I loved his attitude and the way he said what was on is mind. Courtney was great, as well. She may have felt like she was weak, but she was far from it. She held her ground and was able to overcome a lot. I loved the whole book and I am hoping we get another book with Christa, she was crazy and I just loved her. Trae and Courtney were the perfect match, but with him just playing for the season will they be able to make it work?
Tish Cocktails & Fairytales
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars!! This was a fun, sexy, entertaining book!! It was a real page turner. The characters were all great and very well developed. After the death of her father Courtney takes over his NBA team. She is determined to make her father proud and do everything in her power to save his legacy. What she doesn't plan for is Trae. Trae is brought in to shake things up for a season, and shake things up he does. Courtney and Trae make one heck of a team.

This book was given to me for free at my request
USA Today Bestselling author MJ FIELDS grew up on a farm surrounded by her extended family. She attributes her ability to write a realistic male character to the fact that she had a large amount of male influences in her life… that and the dirty joke books she would steal from her uncles or the farms hired help and run away laughing while they chased her yelling obscenities trying to get her to re ...more

Romance Deals

• Party Girl
    $4.49 $1.99
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Paris (International Guy #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Him (Fool Me Once, #3)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Out of Breath (Breathing, #3)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Off Base (Out of Uniform, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Barely Breathing (Breathing, #2)
    $5.49 $1.99
  • Reason to Breathe (Breathing, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Second Chance Summer (Cedar Ridge, #1)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Married By Morning (The Hathaways, #4)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Playing It Safe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beneath Copper Falls (Rock Harbor #6)
    $8.99 $1.99
  • Tight
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Year of Weddings: Twelve Love Stories (A Year of Weddings Novella)
    $12.99 $3.99
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Feral Sins (The Phoenix Pack, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • How to Tame a Beast in Seven Days (The Embraced #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • Shame on You (Fool Me Once, #1)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Shame on Me (Fool Me Once, #2)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Dirty Exes (Liars, Inc., #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Shadow's Edge (Night Prowler, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • First Drop of Crimson (Night Huntress World, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Taste of Magic (Magic, # 1)
  • Where the Road Takes Me
    $3.99 $1.99
  • New York (International Guy #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Sin With Me (Bad Habit, #3)
  • The Memory of You
    $8.99 $1.99
  • One Foot in the Grave (Night Huntress, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Cravings (The Phoenix Pack, #2)
  • Good Guys Love Dogs
    $5.99 $1.99
  • Camino Beach
  • Shadow Woman
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Embrace the Night (Vampire Romance #1)
  • The Shell Seekers
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Wicked White (Wicked White Series Book 1)
  • All the Little Lights
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Carnal Secrets (The Phoenix Pack, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Scream For Me: A Novel of the Night Hunter (For Me, #3)
  • When Life Happened
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Cheater (Curious Liaisons, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Cheater's Regret (Curious Liaisons, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Hunting Grounds (Hidden Sins, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Revenge (Consequence, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Seduction (Consequence #3)
  • The Story of Us
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Consequence of Loving Colton (Consequence, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • No More Masquerade (Secrets of Stone Series Book 2)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Dunaway's Crossing
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Twisted Truths (Blood Brothers, #3)
    $5.99 $2.99
  • The Curse Defiers (The Curse Keepers, #3)
  • The Roommate 'dis'Agreement
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Rules of Regret
  • Cry Baby
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Matchmaking for Beginners
    $5.99 $2.99
  • Hollywood Dirt (Hollywood Dirt, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Threat of Danger (Mission Recovery, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Copenhagen (International Guy #3)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Don't Hex with Texas (Enchanted, Inc., #4)
  • Windfallen
    $10.74 $1.99
  • Wild Hunger (The Phoenix Pack, #7)
  • Archer's Voice
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Wicked Intentions (Maiden Lane, #1)
    $5.99 $1.99