Start by marking “Isadora (The Chronicles of Kaya #3)” as Want to Read:
Isadora (The Chronicles of Kaya #3)

Isadora

(The Chronicles of Kaya #3)

What would you do if your sworn enemy was also your soulmate?

The kingdom of Kaya has been overthrown by a dark power. Trapped inside the dangerous capital, rebel leader Isadora fights the only way she can – by hunting those more monstrous than she.

Paperback
Published January 3rd 2017 by Bantam Australia (first published August 15th 2016)

Start your review of Isadora (The Chronicles of Kaya #3)
Arielle ⭐ Cursebreaker ⭐
I am so emotionally ruined right now. rtc.

---
I understood that even if, in some horrendous twist of fate, it did disappear—all this love—I was still better for having had it in the first place. Just as I was better for having loved and lost my Avery.

Isadora starts off a short period of time after Thorne ends. Kaya is now a wreck of a nation with Penn’s crazy ass parents standing in as Warder rulers. Falco and the gang are all in Pirenti, trying to figure out what in the hell they are going to do
Ails
UPDATE: Reread 08/01/18

This series is so underrated, so sad!!! FYI, I recommended it to 4 of my friends and they all loved it! (Each of us has our own faves, though. Mine's book 3, theirs are book 1 & 2.) If you haven't read it yet, I suggest you give it a try. Aside from three great romances and overall a very amazing plot, this series is full of quotable quotes and lessons in life!

One cool thing I can share about this series is, the characters' eye color changes to bright gold when they me
Kaila
5/5 Stars

My first read of 2017 and it was amazing! I have loved every single book in this series and I could not have asked for a better finale than this. Every loose end was tied, characters finally get their justice and/ or revenge and this book delivered by far the most meaningful romance of the series.

It's hard to write a synopsis of a third book in the series without spoiling the first two books, but I'm going to try.
The people of Kaya have always died in pairs, when their bond mates (bas
Shazy
Nov 24, 2016 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
2 WRECKED STARS

SPOILERS AHED! READ AT YOUR OWN RISK!

WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?! I AM SPEECHLESS I DON'T EVEN WHAT TO SAY. I AM HEARTBROKEN, WRECKED AND ANGRY. I feel like the author literally reached into my heart and snatched it out of me. I am going to be brutally honest. The book was going so perfectly. It was a full on 5 stars for me until I reached the last two chapters. I don't understand why the author took the direction she did but she majorly fucked up. SHE KILLED FINN! THORN'S FINN.
Raven_Blake (dreamy addictions)
Same Review Also Posted In My Blog: Dreamy Addictions

This book has ruined me in so many ways, it was quite an intense and emotional read. There was so much sadness, sacrifice, hate, love and tragedy in this book that literally wrecked me apart. Isadora is more intense than Avery and Thorne and once again I’ve fell in love with all the characters in this trilogy. Although the ending was kinda bittersweet, it was truly an epic conclusion to the series! It’s a unique trilogy where every main char
Elanur
Feb 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an epic, heart-wrenching finale 🙌🏽

Jenny
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The first impression of a book is, of course, the cover. I love the simple but stunning beautiful style of this cover. It's perfect for this book!

The series 'The Chronicles Of Kaya' has found a grand finale. I love the writing style of the author Charlotte McConaghy. As I already said in my previous reviews to 'Avery' and 'Thorne', her writing style is absolutely thrilling, very detailed and most definitely amazing.

In simple words: Charlotte McConaghy is a genius with words!

In 'Isadora' you will
Caprice Rose
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I cried literally non-stop from page 426 onwards. It tore out my soul.
Monika
Aug 22, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: EVERYONE PLEASE, READ THIS SERIES, YOU WILL THANK ME FOR THIS LATER.
OH, WHATEVER WAS LEFT OF MY HEART HAS BEEN PLUCKED OUT AND MY EYES, OH GOD, MY EYES RESSEMBLE A FUCKING FOUNTAIN.

“How, I wondered, was one meant to live without killing, when killing sought one out at every turn? The world made its monsters indeed.”

This whole series, from the first page of Avery, has hit me so hard. I never thought I’d be able to feel emotions to such a deep extent.

This beautiful series was planned so marvellously with such an epic ending.

I have loved each and every char
Ana
Sep 10, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites
Rox
I am so very in love with this series.

Fantastic world building, unique magic, beautifully fleshed out characters that had me weeping with happiness, regret, grief and anything else you can think of.
This book, and the series ending, left me with that inexplicably raw feeling you only get when you have to say goodbye to characters and a world that you have taken into your heart and locked inside.
book hangover of note!

How, I wondered, was one meant to live without killing, when killing sough
Tania
Isadora is the third and the last one in the series and I would really like it to have more books, because I loved it! It was perfect.
The story made me swoon and made me gasp. It had everything: action, tension, so many twists, heartbreaks and blissful moments. I am really sad to say goodbye to the characters. I got attached to them and to the beautiful word created by Charlotte McConaghy.
I recommend this serious to all fantasy lovers and to people who enjoy “enemies to lovers” stories. Of cour
Constanza
Aug 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
This book series deserves way more attention than it's been getting. The writing, the characters, the world, everything was so good that I don't know what else to say other than I loved it!! Definitely a new favorite.
A Reader's Heaven

The kingdom of Kaya has been overthrown by a dark power. Trapped inside the dangerous capital, rebel leader Isadora fights the only way she can - by hunting those more monstrous than she.
Falco is the exiled emperor of a nation in tatters. But fate demands he abandon the mask that has long disguised his true nature, and rise to meet his sworn enemy, the deadly Sparrow.
No one is safe from the evil sweeping the
Céline
Feb 10, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy-books
I think that I'm still crying while writing this review, but this book was psychologically intense.

What an end, no one was sheltered. Everyone was hurt somehow.

Nevertheless, it wasn't as good and convincing as the two first books, because :
- Falco deserved much better than Isadora, let's face it.
AND
- Throne should have never lost Finn, ever.

However, this unknown trilogy should be shared and read more!
Ivusha (Tenebien)
The writing style of this series was so freaking annoying!
Otherwise I don't know what to say, I think it actually got worse and worse with each book.
Shaheen
Mar 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Isadora is everything I wanted for the last instalment of The Chronicles of Kaya. It was brilliantly written and emotional, and I raced through it in two sittings. Falco and Isadora are probably my favourite pair from this series.

Everything about this novel was so heartbreaking. Ava and Ambrose, and Finn and Thorne, were enemies too but it was nothing like Isadora and Falco. These two weren't simply born to hate each other, and weren't simply one another's antithesis. The past binds Falco and Is
Nicole
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It's been such a long time since I've been so satisfied with the end of a trilogy. Not everything was what I wanted to happen but it just worked. Fabulous writing by the author.
Tamika Maree
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favourites

An exceptional conclusion to the series. The engaging storyline continued throughout the third and final book, with more development of the diverse characters. There were certainly moments when I felt betrayed by Charlotte, that she'd invested me in these characters only to torment me with 'events' that occurred. But, by the end of the story she'd somehow convinced me that the turmoil I'd endured was part of the stories greatness. The final chapters of the book left me feeling strangely content,
Paola
I really loved this trilogy, this book is the great finale of a wonderful adventure. In this book there's a lot of action, we have a strong heroine in Isadora, who also happens to be a tormented soul, a great warrior and a rebel, she wants to kill her bondmate, who happens to be her sworn enemy, the problem is that the kayan people like her die in pairs, so she must break their bond if she wants to succeed and accomplish her agenda.
On the other hand in this book we get to read about the other ch
Nikkie
This is my favorite book in the series. I wish more people will read this book because seriously this is one of the best fantasy books out there. And trust me when I say that you will fall in love with every character in this series specially with Isadora.
Jenna
Sep 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ohh Boy I love this series, I have no words that describe how I felt reading these books.

Freaking amazing love and world building
queenofthedeep (Hannah King)
Devastated. Absolutely, heart-wrenchingly devastated that this series is over. Completely unpredictable. Charlotte McConaghy you've ruined me.
Tiffany
Aug 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I may have to edit this review tomorrow after I’ve stopped the ugly cry that’s currently happening.

My. Gawd.

Ok...this book was MUCH harder to read. There was so many gut wrenching situations, and I’m going to plainly warn that there is rape in this one too.

But wow. This story was insanely beautiful.

I said in one of my earlier reviews that this fantasy series is pretty relationship heavy, and while the first books seem so, the plot made it necessary to be that way since it surrounded the secre
Hanna Salta
"So even though I wasn't strong enough, I rolled him onto my shoulders and I rose trembling to my feet. My hip and shoulder hurt so badly that tears were in my eyes, lost in the rain as they streamed endlessly down my cheeks, but I took step after slippery step towards the village ahead, for hours and hours. Sometimes I thought I wouldn't take another step, but step I did, because I was forged in a cage by cruelty and madness, and I would not let the distance between my feet and that village ...more
Sami
Mar 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The final installment in the Kaya chronicles and a spectacular novel. This is Isadora's story, who had a smaller role in the preceding books. Isadora has a secret identity- shes not who she says she is- she's a killer with a dark past. Kaya is near ruin, Isadora has a plan to take back the kingdom. But everything changes, when she meets the eyes of her bondmate.
This book follows on from 'Thorne', the plot is clever, the storytelling is compelling and I was intrigued throughout with what Isadora
Atticlinnl
Bookish Me
Jun 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
One of my all time favourites.
All the characters in this world are close to my heart.
This thrilling conclusion is well written and fast paced.
The multiple povs give well needed depth to the story.I would not want to spoil it for those who havnt read it.But after you're done let's discuss what went down in the ending.TOO MANY FEELS.
I'd highly recommend this trilogy for fantasy lovers.
Heather Davidson
I just don’t have enough words in my vocabulary to describe how much I loved this story. What a phenomenal series, just the best of everything I love in a book. Great characters, beautiful story telling, engaging plot that had me clutching my chest at times. It’s been two days and I still can’t move on. I wish I could experience it again for the first time. It’s that good.

• The Coveted (The Unearthly, #2)
  • The Unearthly (The Unearthly, #1)
  • Cold Queen
  • Allied (Ruined #3)
  • Daimon (Covenant, #0.5)
  • Fantasy of Flight (Tainted Accords, #2)
  • Frostfire (Kanin Chronicles, #1)
  • Fantasy of Fire (Tainted Accords #3)
  • Fantasy of Freedom (Tainted Accords #4)
  • The Bridge Kingdom (The Bridge Kingdom, #1)
  • Avenged (Ruined, #2)
  • Fantasy of Frost (Tainted Accords, #1)
  • The Shadows Between Us
  • The Mirror & the Maze (The Wrath and the Dawn, #1.5)
  • Jewel in the North (Flinders Ranges Series #3)
  • A Portrait of Pain (Seraph Black, #4)
  • Air Awakens (Air Awakens, #1)
  • Tidal (Watersong, #3)
I'm Charlotte, the author of the forthcoming novel MIGRATIONS, published in the US in August 2020, and published in the UK and AUS as THE LAST MIGRATION.

After having grown up writing SFF, this is my first foray into adult literary fiction and will be my first book to cross oceans. I have a Graduate Degree in Screenwriting and a Masters in Screen Arts.

I'm also passionate about wildlife and the di

The Chronicles of Kaya (3 books)
  • Avery (The Chronicles of Kaya #1)
  • Thorne (The Chronicles of Kaya, #2)