Start by marking “Shinobi Life, Vol. 01” as Want to Read:
Shinobi Life, Vol. 01

Shinobi Life, Vol. 01 (Shinobi Life #1)

4.05  ·  Rating details ·  6,385 Ratings  ·  72 Reviews
Many, many years ago, a ninja named Kagetora devoted his life to protecting Princess Beni (Beni-Hime). Unfortunately, they were attacked and Kagetora was flung into a lake, where he sank to the bottom. He was somehow warped at the future where he saw the princess Beni being threatened.

Little does Kagetora know that Beni is not the real princess, but she is, in fact, the de
Published November 11th 2006 by Akita Shoten (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Shinobi Life, Vol. 01, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shinobi Life, Vol. 01

Starbubbles
Mar 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
This is tough for me to rate. I was expecting this to be funny. A girl bent on dying in a horribly embarassing way to get back at her dad. I was expecting some fluffy romantic comedy with ninjas. Boy, I was mistaken. While I enjoyed this, it reminds me of a cross of Immortal Rain, the Both Sides of Time series, and Wild Ones. Deception, desperation, love, misunderstanding, ill conceived plans, utter desperation! I think I would have enjoyed this more as a romantic comedy. I've read through volum ...more
Amanda at Nerdification Reviews
This manga has a rough start with an unrelatable premise and unlikeable main character. However, over the course of the manga I began to sympathize with her. By the end something fantastically mysterious happens and it hooked me into continuing the series.
Nina {ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ}
Reread 2018 - I was in a big need of a book boyfriend and decided to reread this. I remember again why I loved this series so much when I read it properly for the first time ever. Rereading it again, I marvel at how well the relationships are developed and how they impact each other. Even the most villainous character has a good reason for being antagonised. I remember again why this manga is special to me lol.

21/03/2014 - 23/04/2014 ( read, not marking it down electronically yet because it tot
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
This the story of a ninja who while protecting a princess falls into a lake and is sent back in time to the present. There he mistakes the princess with a look alike (also name Beni), who later turns out to be her...This is one of many manga series I started reading, mainly because I love the cover. I don't know, its cool and cute at the same time. Surprised it hasn't been turned into an anime...yet.
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Yes, please! Definitely liked the start to this series, and I have already ordered the next two volumes. This has some great potential.
Gusfina
--- Shinobi Life 1-? ---
Plot: Drama roman, drama time travel ^^ //eh.
Penokohan: Ok.
Gambar: Ok.

Sepertinya perijinan atau penjualan komik ini belum begitu bagus untuk dapat dilanjutkan oleh m&c! ... :((

[7.9/10]

Nek0 Neha (BiblioNyan)
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga-shōjo
Shinobi Life is a manga series about an adolescent boy who falls through a time "tear" and travels from historical Japan to the present. Upon his arrival he meets a girl who is the descendant of the princess that he was charged with protecting from his original era. This girl just so happens to look a lot like the princess. Lots of story elements unfold and the two end up falling in love.

Time travel is a HUGE aspect of this series, occurring way more than necessary. I feel like the characters a
Nisha
Jun 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
Beni is a girl who has been kidnapped many times and is at a point in life when she doesn't care if she lives or dies. Just as she is being kidnapped, a ninja falls from the sky. Kagetora is from the past and is sworn to protect Beni-hime. After a fall into a lake, he is transported to the present and meets Beni. Beni looks the same as his Beni-hime and he protects her as his princess.

This is a cute read. Beni and Kagetora are both very clueless, yet competent (if that makes any sense). Beni do
Melisa Ramonda
Nov 12, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Ohhhh!! Este manga, me había encantado en su momento ^^
Sofia
Nov 07, 2015 rated it really liked it

Here's to finding another underrated gem despite a flimsy blurb that lacks substance and does not do it justice.
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Thought and Plot

Kagetora is a ninja assigned to keeping princess Beni safe. However, when they are attacked Kagetora is pushed from a cliff, falling into a lake. But something strange happens and he ends up in modern day Japan.

Beni is a direct descendant of princess Beni, baring an uncanny resemblance. Kidnapped and forced to the top of a tall building, she is locked in a verbal battle with her captor (actually trying to convince him to kill her) when Kagetora falls from the sky in a ha
Nidhi Bhatt
Kagetora, A ninja from the past time travels to present Tokyo where a girl is about the die at the hand of kidnapper. He saves her because she is the same as the Princess Beni he was supposed to protect. Present Beni starts using him as her bodyguard and starts falling in love with him as he dedicates his life to Beni.

However, Beni is pathetic for using her death to revolt against her father. DUH! Teenagers!!!

إيمان❤︎
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: historical
A Shinobi (ninja), while trying to save a princess who's his mistress, from an ancient time, slips through a hole via a pond and finds himself in our present world. When he woke up, he found a girl who looks exactly the same as the princess from the past and she even has the same name as her, thus decides that he still has to protect her... Secrets and mystery roam around this princess' look-a-like's past and the hole that connects to the past..
Panquequelife
Oct 10, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: mangas
Un manga con un poco de fantasía siempre es bienvenido, sin embargo, cuando le agregas viajes en el tiempo, se transforma de bueno, a genial. Konami Shouko es una mangaka con bastante experiencia en toda clase de géneros y Shinobi Life es de lo último que ha hecho, este manga se publicó por la revista Princess desde 2006 hasta 2012 cuando finalizó.

La  trama  no es tan sencilla pero si somos buenos lectores daremos en el clavo en los detalles que se nos presentan. Los personajes deben viajar e
Teetee
Jan 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-shojo
3.5 stars, good premise, ok execution. pretty artwork!
Sherrymoon
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Was not so my stile shinobi life 1, i dont like so much the drawings,but the app MangaZone is great! I think will like more the manga stile of Taniguchi, more the art of graphic novels:
Teresa cox
May 08, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: challenge-6
its ok.
Melissa
Jan 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
A ninja lips time & lands in modern times. Yep, & the first time he's protecting a girl when she is at school, I laughed out loud but the story seems a bit soap-opera-over-the-top at tmes.
Silvia
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Oh My God. What can I say. Listen, I thought this was going to be and easy shoujo read. I thought this was going to be cute and funny. I was so wrong. It got complicated and dark and super engaging really really fast. Now understand I don't mean this is a bad way at all, it was very cute, sweet, and funny too. I was so surprised by the events in this manga. I basically didn't see any of that coming honestly. It gets 5 stars in my book because it kept me so engaged to read the next volume. I ende ...more
Katie
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, completed
see full review @ Katie's Corner

There are so many mangas that I love and say that are my favourites. Okay, plainly said I love this manga, and well, I thought that I should cover it, or my mind wouldn’t stop nagging me about it.

Why I do love this story so much, that I’ve read it about 5 times? Well, it has my favourite themes: Shinobi (ninja) and time slips. Yes, yes, you’ve heard me tight. There are that ninjas, similar to Naruto ones (if anyone watched that anime you’ll know what I’m talking a
Cdthomas
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-lit-1-12
Kagetora is a feudal age ninja who is bound to protect a noble lady, Beni-Hime. At the opening of the book, Kagetora is running from pursuers and is thrown into a lake when a bomb goes off near him. As he sinks through the water, he slips through a time warp that transports him to modern day Japan. Kagetora actually falls from the sky to land on the female protaganist, Beni.

Beni is the daughter of a Japanese mobster. Her whole life has been tragedy. Her mother committed suicide in a shed a few y
和泉美優
Nov 24, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, mystery
This book is about a girl named Beni Fujiwara, who one day tries to commit suicide, to escape from her cold father(who is rich, but by her mother's inheritance), and she is saved from this ninja, Kagetora, who appears out of thin air. Later, she discovers that the ninja is from the past, and he is sworn to protect "Beni-hime" who is her ancestor, and apparently they look the same. When suddenly one day Beni and Kagetora go back in time to Kagetora's time, and they encounter the "Beni-hime" and ...more
78sunny
Sep 26, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hmm ich hätte wohl gleich nach dem Lesen eine Rezi schreiben sollen. Jetzt fällt es mir schwer, obwohl ich mich noch relativ gut daran erinnern kann. Es geht hier um einen Ninja-Krieger, der sich geschworen hat eine Prinzessin zu beschützen. Durch Zufall wird er in die Zukunft katapultiert ohne das er es recht mitbekommen hat und trifft dort auf ein Mädchen, das er für die Prinzessin hält. In Wirklichkeit ist sie aber eine weite Nachfahre von ihr. Nun muss er also in der heutigen Zeit zurechtkom ...more
A
May 16, 2009 rated it really liked it
A capable female protagonist, a protective love interest with eyes only for her, time travel and ninjas! Beni is not a totally helpless character, but she gives Kagetora plenty of opportunities to save her whether it's from bad hips making her fall down(I don't know what's up with that) or from guys with bad intentions. Kagetora does not have much in the way of personality, boiling down to his protectiveness of Beni, being naive about the future, and a little bit of pride. Lots of titillation as ...more
A
Jul 26, 2013 rated it it was ok
DNF en el tomo N°7.

Estuvo aceptable. Tierna historia, mucho amor y drama y todo, pero... ¡por el amor a Cristo, basta!

La trama comenzó muy bien, hasta que simplemente, a partir del tomo 6 más o menos, se volvió todo una mescolanza entre Naruto, Inception, Volver al Futuro y los típicos clichés de que "no podemos estar juntos porque no somos de la misma clase social" y todo eso. Enough! No pienso seguir leyéndolo.

Fantástica idea, no lo niego, y hasta estoy segura de que se pone genial más adel
Kate
Sep 21, 2010 rated it it was ok
I saw this at the library on Saturday, so checked out the four volumes on the shelf.

That's my justification for reading this at all. I had no idea how bad it was. Usually I research manga before I read, but I didn't in this case and paid for it. Because this series is really awful. It's a sappy angst-ridden story that makes no sense - the characters hardly question the credibility of the events surrounding them...and while I will suspend my disbelief to a certain extent, this story goes way bey
Majuchan
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Hooray!!
I'm back to reading and reviewing books now.

This manga is a good start my celebratory review. It really caught my attention while I was browsing GR's recommendations. I like the cover and the blurb. Actually it reminded me of the Korean series "Rooftop Prince".

The illustration: 3 stars. Not bad and not that good. (I think the eyes can be improve more)

Kagetora's outfit reminds me of Kakashi from Naruto. But, NO! Kagetora is much kawaii~~ (because I can see his face)

Story: 2 stars?? I thin
Nicole
Jan 22, 2010 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga, shojo, ninja
Total guilty pleasure shojo. Beni, a modern young woman with a very difficult home life, bears a strong resemblance to a princess from centuries ago. The ninja that dedicated his life to protecting the ancient princess - the handsome Kagetora - accidentally time travels to the present and confuses Beni for "his princess." What follows, of course, are many scenes with ninja Kagetora saving Beni time and again, with the pair first fighting (and then giving in to) their attraction to each other. &l ...more
Becki
This is the kind of Manga I love. It has time travel, fighting, humour some romance but... I felt that the romance went to quickly and ruined the authentic experience for me. it made the manga seem more hokey obviously its fiction I know that but the whole point is to immerse yourself in the book and it kind of drew me out of it. What I did love was the whole ninja life and reading about the dynamics of the village and the complete loyalty to the mission. I can tell you the manga does get better ...more
Reem
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
Again.. I got decieved by the cover.
This manga is not entirely bad but it's just not good as I hoped it would be.
The plot is okay, could have been developed way way better than this lame way.
There are no story events that worth mentioning. The moments between the characters are over-used that I could tell you exactly what they are going to say and what's going to happen. Nothing at all interesting enough, even the art is mehh.
Too bad, this could have been better or at least more interesting than
  • Bloody Kiss, Vol. 01
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 1 (Wild Ones, #1)
  • Love Attack, Volume 1
  • 100% Perfect Girl, Volume 1
  • Barajou no Kiss, Vol. 01 (Barajou no Kiss, #1)
  • B.O.D.Y., Volume 1
  • Stepping on Roses, Vol. 1
  • Captive Hearts, Vol. 01 (Captive Hearts, #1)
  • Ai Hime ~ Ai to Himegoto, Vol. 01
  • Rasetsu, Vol. 1
  • Land of the Blindfolded, Vol. 1
  • Moe Kare!!, Vol. 01
  • キスよりも早く1 [Kisu Yorimo Hayaku 1] (Faster than a Kiss #1)
  • Happy Cafe, Vol. 1 (Happy Cafe, #1)
  • Hana to Akuma, Vol. 01
  • Arata: The Legend, Vol. 01 (Arata: The Legend, #1)
  • Mixed Vegetables, Vol. 1 (Mixed Vegetables, #1)
  • Butterflies, Flowers, Vol. 1 (Butterflies, Flowers, #1)

Shinobi Life (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Shinobi Life, Vol. 02

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Beautifully Forgotten (Beautifully Damaged, #2)
  • Been Here All Along
  • Honor Bound
  • The Way to Game the Walk of Shame
  • One Pink Line
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Redemption (Penton Legacy, #1)
  • Promise Me
  • The Wedding Pearls
    $4.99 $2.00
  • For Every Solution, A Problem
  • Friction
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fountain Of Secrets (Relic Seekers, #2)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Royal Affair (Royals in Exile, #2)
  • Through the Smoke
  • Finding Bliss
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Frozen
  • She Has Your Eyes
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed by His Charm (Dirty Little Secrets, #4)
  • Dancing in the Rain
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bodyguard (Hollywood A-List, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Never Marry a Viscount (Scandal at the House of Russell, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire's Secrets (The Sinclairs #6)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Extreme Measures (Aegis Security, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • For the Record (Record, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • His Darling Bride (Echoes of the Heart #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Taking Control (Kerr Chronicles, #2)