Start by marking “Shinobi Life, Vol. 01” as Want to Read:
Shinobi Life, Vol. 01

Shinobi Life, Vol. 01

(Shinobi Life #1)

Many, many years ago, a ninja named Kagetora devoted his life to protecting Princess Beni (Beni-Hime). Unfortunately, they were attacked and Kagetora was flung into a lake, where he sank to the bottom. He was somehow warped at the future where he saw the princess Beni being threatened.

Little does Kagetora know that Beni is not the real princess, but she is, in fact,
Published November 11th 2006 by Akita Shoten (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Shinobi Life, Vol. 01, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Shinobi Life, Vol. 01

Ashwood (애쉬 우드).
Jul 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Not a bad start to this series! Kinda loved the MCs from the get-go and also the flow of the story. Kagetora is just as awesome as a (gorgeous) ninja is supposed to be lol. Really looking forward to the rest of this series🙃
Starbubbles
Mar 08, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
This is tough for me to rate. I was expecting this to be funny. A girl bent on dying in a horribly embarassing way to get back at her dad. I was expecting some fluffy romantic comedy with ninjas. Boy, I was mistaken. While I enjoyed this, it reminds me of a cross of Immortal Rain, the Both Sides of Time series, and Wild Ones. Deception, desperation, love, misunderstanding, ill conceived plans, utter desperation! I think I would have enjoyed this more as a romantic comedy. I've read through volume 9, so you co ...more
⋆☆☽ Kriss ☾☆⋆
Feb 14, 2019 marked it as dnf-or-skimmed
I tried.

Usually I can get through most comics, at least a good deal of the way in, but I quit around chapter 6 of this because the story was spotty and rushed. I also found Beni's early 2000 low-ride jeans + thong underwear "whale-tail" look and the gag that came with it to really date and detract from the manga.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but I just felt nothing from the manga. No interest was sparked beyond the initial blurb. Things happen and it's like, "Okay but, why? When? How?" an
Amanda at Nerdification Reviews
This manga has a rough start with an unrelatable premise and unlikeable main character. However, over the course of the manga I began to sympathize with her. By the end something fantastically mysterious happens and it hooked me into continuing the series.
Nina {ᴡᴏʀᴅs ᴀɴᴅ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ}
Reread 2018 - I was in a big need of a book boyfriend and decided to reread this. I remember again why I loved this series so much when I read it properly for the first time ever. Rereading it again, I marvel at how well the relationships are developed and how they impact each other. Even the most villainous character has a good reason for being antagonised. I remember again why this manga is special to me lol.

21/03/2014 - 23/04/2014 ( read, not marking it down electronically yet because it tot
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
This the story of a ninja who while protecting a princess falls into a lake and is sent back in time to the present. There he mistakes the princess with a look alike (also name Beni), who later turns out to be her...This is one of many manga series I started reading, mainly because I love the cover. I don't know, its cool and cute at the same time. Surprised it hasn't been turned into an anime...yet.
Amanda [Novel Addiction]
Yes, please! Definitely liked the start to this series, and I have already ordered the next two volumes. This has some great potential.
Yon Nyan (BiblioNyan)
Mar 13, 2016 rated it it was ok
Shelves: manga-shōjo
Shinobi Life is a manga series about an adolescent boy who falls through a time "tear" and travels from historical Japan to the present. Upon his arrival he meets a girl who is the descendant of the princess that he was charged with protecting from his original era. This girl just so happens to look a lot like the princess. Lots of story elements unfold and the two end up falling in love.

Time travel is a HUGE aspect of this series, occurring way more than necessary. I feel like the characters are a
Nisha
Jun 23, 2009 rated it really liked it
Beni is a girl who has been kidnapped many times and is at a point in life when she doesn't care if she lives or dies. Just as she is being kidnapped, a ninja falls from the sky. Kagetora is from the past and is sworn to protect Beni-hime. After a fall into a lake, he is transported to the present and meets Beni. Beni looks the same as his Beni-hime and he protects her as his princess.

This is a cute read. Beni and Kagetora are both very clueless, yet competent (if that makes any sense). Beni do
Sofia

Here's to finding another underrated gem despite a flimsy blurb that lacks substance and does not do it justice.
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Thought and Plot

Kagetora is a ninja assigned to keeping princess Beni safe. However, when they are attacked Kagetora is pushed from a cliff, falling into a lake. But something strange happens and he ends up in modern day Japan.

Beni is a direct descendant of princess Beni, baring an uncanny resemblance. Kidnapped and forced to the top of a tall building, she is locked in a verbal battle with her captor (actually trying to convince him to kill her) when Kagetora falls/>Thought
Zoe Tribley
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: m-a-n-g-a
Binge read the whole series in half a day and I loved it so, so much! I always love stories that have time travel just because they're that much more complicated so they take that much more effort and planning from the author(s).

The samurai feel made me think of Itsuwaribito, which I also enjoyed!

I loved the romance between Kagetora and Beni! At first I thought it was too much of instant romance, but later as I kept realizing more and more about their story and being connected over a large spa
إيمان❤︎
Jul 31, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance, historical, manga
A Shinobi (ninja), while trying to save a princess who's his mistress, from an ancient time, slips through a hole via a pond and finds himself in our present world. When he woke up, he found a girl who looks exactly the same as the princess from the past and she even has the same name as her, thus decides that he still has to protect her... Secrets and mystery roam around this princess' look-a-like's past and the hole that connects to the past..
Nidhi Bhatt
Kagetora, A ninja from the past time travels to present Tokyo where a girl is about the die at the hand of kidnapper. He saves her because she is the same as the Princess Beni he was supposed to protect. Present Beni starts using him as her bodyguard and starts falling in love with him as he dedicates his life to Beni.

However, Beni is pathetic for using her death to revolt against her father. DUH! Teenagers!!!

3 stars for the full volume.
Roobie
Jun 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: read-manga
Completed Series Rating
⭐3 stars⭐
Sherrymoon
Jun 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Was not so my stile shinobi life 1, i dont like so much the drawings,but the app MangaZone is great! I think will like more the manga stile of Taniguchi, more the art of graphic novels:
Solace Winter
Mar 14, 2019 rated it did not like it
I didn't find anything appealing about this manga. It was all over the place in a hurry and I found myself, in one volume, dreading how long this series was. I won't be continuing.
Melissa
Jan 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga
A ninja lips time & lands in modern times. Yep, & the first time he's protecting a girl when she is at school, I laughed out loud but the story seems a bit soap-opera-over-the-top at tmes.
Teetee
Jan 24, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: manga-shojo
3.5 stars, good premise, ok execution. pretty artwork!
Kurtis Burkhardt
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
This started out pretty great..👌💕😁
Silvia
Feb 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Oh My God. What can I say. Listen, I thought this was going to be and easy shoujo read. I thought this was going to be cute and funny. I was so wrong. It got complicated and dark and super engaging really really fast. Now understand I don't mean this is a bad way at all, it was very cute, sweet, and funny too. I was so surprised by the events in this manga. I basically didn't see any of that coming honestly. It gets 5 stars in my book because it kept me so engaged to read the next volume. I ende ...more
Katie
Jul 06, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, completed
see full review @ Katie's Corner

There are so many mangas that I love and say that are my favourites. Okay, plainly said I love this manga, and well, I thought that I should cover it, or my mind wouldn’t stop nagging me about it.

Why I do love this story so much, that I’ve read it about 5 times? Well, it has my favourite themes: Shinobi (ninja) and time slips. Yes, yes, you’ve heard me tight. There are that ninjas, similar to Naruto ones (if anyone watched that anime you’ll know wha
Cdthomas
Jan 08, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ya-lit-1-12
Kagetora is a feudal age ninja who is bound to protect a noble lady, Beni-Hime. At the opening of the book, Kagetora is running from pursuers and is thrown into a lake when a bomb goes off near him. As he sinks through the water, he slips through a time warp that transports him to modern day Japan. Kagetora actually falls from the sky to land on the female protaganist, Beni.

Beni is the daughter of a Japanese mobster. Her whole life has been tragedy. Her mother committed suicide in a
和泉美優
This book is about a girl named Beni Fujiwara, who one day tries to commit suicide, to escape from her cold father(who is rich, but by her mother's inheritance), and she is saved from this ninja, Kagetora, who appears out of thin air. Later, she discovers that the ninja is from the past, and he is sworn to protect "Beni-hime" who is her ancestor, and apparently they look the same. When suddenly one day Beni and Kagetora go back in time to Kagetora's time, and they encounter the "Beni-hime" and ...more
A
May 16, 2009 rated it really liked it
A capable female protagonist, a protective love interest with eyes only for her, time travel and ninjas! Beni is not a totally helpless character, but she gives Kagetora plenty of opportunities to save her whether it's from bad hips making her fall down(I don't know what's up with that) or from guys with bad intentions. Kagetora does not have much in the way of personality, boiling down to his protectiveness of Beni, being naive about the future, and a little bit of pride. Lots of titillation as ...more
Kate
Sep 21, 2010 rated it it was ok
I saw this at the library on Saturday, so checked out the four volumes on the shelf.

That's my justification for reading this at all. I had no idea how bad it was. Usually I research manga before I read, but I didn't in this case and paid for it. Because this series is really awful. It's a sappy angst-ridden story that makes no sense - the characters hardly question the credibility of the events surrounding them...and while I will suspend my disbelief to a certain extent, this story goes way bey
Majuchan
Apr 11, 2013 rated it really liked it
Hooray!!
I'm back to reading and reviewing books now.

This manga is a good start my celebratory review. It really caught my attention while I was browsing GR's recommendations. I like the cover and the blurb. Actually it reminded me of the Korean series "Rooftop Prince".

The illustration: 3 stars. Not bad and not that good. (I think the eyes can be improve more)

Kagetora's outfit reminds me of Kakashi from Naruto. But, NO! Kagetora is much kawaii~~ (because I can see his face)

Story: 2 stars?? I think the story is kinda superficial.

Romance: 3 stars. It is cute.

Overall, I'll finish this s
Becki
This is the kind of Manga I love. It has time travel, fighting, humour some romance but... I felt that the romance went to quickly and ruined the authentic experience for me. it made the manga seem more hokey obviously its fiction I know that but the whole point is to immerse yourself in the book and it kind of drew me out of it. What I did love was the whole ninja life and reading about the dynamics of the village and the complete loyalty to the mission. I can tell you the manga does get better ...more
Reem
Jan 31, 2014 rated it it was ok
Again.. I got decieved by the cover.
This manga is not entirely bad but it's just not good as I hoped it would be.
The plot is okay, could have been developed way way better than this lame way.
There are no story events that worth mentioning. The moments between the characters are over-used that I could tell you exactly what they are going to say and what's going to happen. Nothing at all interesting enough, even the art is mehh.
Too bad, this could have been better or at lea
« previous 1 3 next »

• Bloody Kiss, Vol. 01
  • Love Attack, Volume 1
  • 100% Perfect Girl, Volume 1
  • Stepping on Roses, Vol. 1 (Stepping on Roses, #1)
  • Captive Hearts, Vol. 01 (Captive Hearts, #1)
  • Nosatsu Junkie, Volume 1
  • Hana to Akuma, Vol. 01
  • Rasetsu, Vol. 1
  • Her Majesty's Dog, Volume 1
  • B.O.D.Y., Vol. 1
  • Moe Kare!!, Vol. 01
  • Honey Hunt, Vol. 1
  • Wild Ones, Vol. 1 (Wild Ones, #1)
  • キスよりも早く1 [Kisu Yorimo Hayaku 1] (Faster than a Kiss #1)
  • Happy Cafe, Vol. 1 (Happy Cafe, #1)
  • Beast Master, Vol. 2 (Beast Master, #2)
  • Kiss/Hug, Vol. 01
  • Tenshi Ja Nai!! (I'm No Angel), Vol. 1 (Tenshi Ja Nai, #1)

Shinobi Life (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Shinobi Life, Vol. 02