Start by marking “One Final Breath” as Want to Read:

One Final Breath

One life.
One choice.
One love.
Sometimes it’s all we get and one moment could change it all.

I hate the number one—it haunts me; my every waking moment is a constant reminder of what I lost.

One day, I met a guy and I fell in love.
He asked me one question…I said yes.

Our life was perfect…until one day everything changed.

I watched him slowly slip and fade away.
The one pers
Published February 28th 2017 (first published 2017)

To ask other readers questions about One Final Breath, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Final Breath

Alex

Beautiful, heart-breaking, emotional story about loss and grief, about new love and new beginning, about letting go but never forgetting.

I adored the heroine, strong kind woman who lost her young husband on cancer and was left with adorable 5-year-old son.
Alone in grief, alone in pain.
God, I cried every single time her dead husband was mentioned. I admired her strength and how she managed her life, and how she cared for her son.

The hero was amazing. Father of h’s son’s BFF, recently
Janice
Feb 22, 2017 Janice rated it it was amazing
A Review of One Final Breath by LK Collins

This author will rip your heart out and hand it back to you - 5+++++ stars

This book had me hooked from the first page. As someone that sat by my mother's bedside, with my daughter, and watched her take her last breath on this earth, Ms. Collins had me sobbing from the beginning. I knew this would be an AMAZING story and I was right. I actually felt like I was right there in the bedroom with Faye, Braxley and Ben as he took his last breath. Whereas I was
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***FULL REVIEW***

4 Hope Filled CROWNS

There are attributes of an LK Collin's novel that I expect, such as steamy and sexy scenes between her heroine and hero, suspense and drama, and an engaging plot. And while One Final Breath is engaging and has the hot scenes between the main characters, it differs in the tone and type of romance it is, and readers will enjoy the change of pace.

Faye, the heroine of her story, has just been dealt a loss so devastating that most people wouldn't survive, but she
Heather andrews
Feb 23, 2017 Heather andrews rated it it was amazing
Thane is such a sweetheart and the man knows he's good looking, I'm thinking he likes it when Faye ogles him, "I lift my shirt over my head, knowing I have to follow the boys outside. She stares at my abs, and what I really can’t wait for is to see her in her swimming suit." Thane is easily excited about things when it comes to Faye, "eff yeah! Does that mean I’ll get lucky, too?” I whisper into her ear and she nods. I grab a handful of her *** holding her close to me. Jesus Christ, I love this ...more
London
Feb 26, 2017 London added it
Shelves: dnf
Meh DNF. Went from 0-100 way too quickly and the writing was a bit amateurish
Karrie Mellott Puskas
Feb 21, 2017 Karrie Mellott Puskas rated it it was amazing
Grab the tissues because you are going to need the whole box! This book is so emotional, gut-wrenching. Not like any other books from LK Collins. I'm in love with Faye and Thane. Not to mention Braxley and Jack, these two little boys are great!

Faye becomes such a strong woman after she has a major life changing moment. It takes her awhile to get there but thanks to Thane, she is able to get be strong once again. Thane is just the man to help her thru it all. Because of his love, Faye is able to
Summer Wargo
Feb 27, 2017 Summer Wargo rated it it was amazing
It's only fair since I was warned to warn y'all... Y'all are gonna need tissues from the get go! Wow what a way to start a book, but it definitely grabs you, hooks you, and doesn't let you go! Be prepared to not be able to put this book down. Who wouldn't want a patient, sexy, alpha pilot who knows what he wants and isn't afraid to embrace someone's past and help them heal and move forward. It's a true to the definition page turner! Each one of these books gets better and better! Can't wait to s ...more
The Book Fairy Reviews
Feb 26, 2017 The Book Fairy Reviews rated it it was amazing
True love. Soul mate. The one and only or a guiding hand to the true one. Faye thought she had found her one true soul mate, but fate had other plans for her and her husband. The plan was to help guide her to the right one, her true other half. SO with a guiding hand he guides her broken heart to the one that will heal for biggest journey of her life~ Thane.
Thane, was living in his own personal hell. Dealing with his ex wife that had no interest in putting her family before her own needs. He fel
HeatherTX
Reading the synopsis this will probably one helluva tissue-fest!
Trish Kitty Taylor  ***UNBOUND BOOK REVIEWS***
I’m a huge follower of LK & when I read the blurb for this, I knew I was going to fall head over heals with these characters & their story. I wasn’t wrong!! OMG from the first chapter which had my heart breaking & tears tumbling down my face in devastation, to the final pages, where the tears were of happiness, this book did wrap around my heart & hugged me from start to finish.

So – Who are the heart breakers & soul takers??

Thane & Faye literally bump into each one random
Crystal Bookalicious Babes Blog
This story truly made me think and then ask myself... As a mom of two small boys, what would I do if I found myself in Faye's situation? So suddenly my world is thrown into chaos as the man that is my whole world disappears before my eyes and leaves me and his boys behind. How would I find the strength to move forward?

The prologue to One Final Breath left me in tears and so lost that I pulled those that I loved that most closer. It was a pain that shook me to my core. Time is so fleeting. Circum
Brandi Aga
Feb 26, 2017 Brandi Aga rated it really liked it
One Final Breath is a tear jerker and then some! It will crush your heart and put it back together again by the time it's done with you.

"It's like I can feel him pushing me towards you."

Faye is a widow, a single mom to Braxley. After the loss of her husband she feels nothing but grief and sadness. It's been a while since he passed and she just can't get passed it, not even a little bit. Not until she meets Thane.

Thane is a divorced single dad to Jack. I loved his character, as a father he is
Books and Boys Book Blog
Feb 27, 2017 Books and Boys Book Blog rated it it was amazing
***ARC Provided by the Author for an Honest Review***

I have been waiting to read this book, and just like every other novel of LK Collins that I have read, I was addicted from the start.

I don’t know if I was just feeling overly emotional the day I read ‘One Final Breath’, but I’m thankful for the box of tissues I had sitting beside me. There was more than one occasion where I found myself grabbing at those tissues to wipe the tears I had streaming down my face.

There is a depth to this story tha
Jacquie
One Final Breath...the title alone tells you what you can expect and along with the blurb, you already know that there is a heart-shattering loss. And even knowing this, it STILL takes your breath and breaks your heart!

I can't tell you how much I LOVED this book...it touched something deep inside, first with the heart-stopping beginning and then with the strength of one very special heroine. A woman who overcame one of THE most difficult things anyone can overcome and came out the other side wi
Jenny B
Feb 26, 2017 Jenny B rated it it was amazing
This is an amazing, heart wrenching yet hopeful second chance love story. Faye has recently lost her husband is just trying to take each day at a time and take care of her son. Thane is a single dad in the process of getting a divorce and just rying to do what is best for his son. After a chance meeting they develop a friendship. LK Collins takes you through all the emotions as these two try to find each other and find a way to look forward to the future. This is truly a beautiful second chance ...more
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
4.5 star

I was pulled right into this story. The story has laughs, suspense, secrets, and heartbreak.

This is Faye and Thane’s story. Faye has been grieving for the last year after losing her husband. He son has been the reason she is still functioning. One morning she meets Thane at a coffee shop. He is ordering the same thing her husband used to order. They slowly become friends. He wants more but she is not sure she can move on. His ex is still in the picture causing issues for him with his so
Megan Jacob
Feb 23, 2017 Megan Jacob rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. it was moving watching how Thane and Faye support and encourage each other for better regardless. how such strange and weird moments felt meant to be. I was asked for a honest review of this book I was given. all I can say is, you will not be disappointed in this story in any way. you can relate in someway to this wonderful story that life goes on, and it's what you make it.
Misti Sonntag
Feb 23, 2017 Misti Sonntag rated it it was amazing
Holy tear ducts. There's a leak that won't stop. Grab your tissues. <-- you are going to need them. This story will have your emotions on a roller coaster from the very first page. Don't worry it does have a HEA. These characters have a bond that is so strong. I love reading this one. LK Collins has a winner with this one. Great Read!
Karen Sedgman
Mar 21, 2017 Karen Sedgman rated it really liked it
Fantastic read, there was so many emotions in this story!!
Faye and her son were broken hearted when her true love left them! She needed to move on and one year later! Faye meet Thane and his son!! Thane helps Faye take away the pain and find the light!! These two are meant to be together!!
Shannon
Feb 24, 2017 Shannon rated it it was amazing
Have the tissues ready the book will break you in a second but it was so amazingly written it was quick but it had a purpose. It shows second chances can happen and you can have a happily ever after ❤
Kim Whitehead
Mar 04, 2017 Kim Whitehead rated it it was amazing
A heart wrenching story of second chances!! This one took my breath away! I literally felt Faye's pain and loss!! Thane was loving and kind! Such a wonderful heartwarming union!!❤
Wendy
Feb 26, 2017 Wendy rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just Wow a must read

Loved loved the book the story line was so emotional and heart warming couldn't stop reading it was worth staying up late to finish the book....
Michelle Van
Feb 24, 2017 Michelle Van rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites, standalone
LK Collins has done it again!! 5 stars just doesn't do it justice. Amazing book from an amazing author! Looking forward to much more from her!!
Kayleigh Deal
Feb 25, 2017 Kayleigh Deal rated it it was amazing
Wow wow this book!! Truly brilliant this book will give you all the feels! This is another 5star read for me! Thane! Omg swoon!! And the boys! I absolutely loved them! This book had it all!
Paige Smith
Feb 25, 2017 Paige Smith rated it it was amazing
Have your tissues ready with this one! L.K. Collins has written a beautiful, moving story that will leave you both smiling and thankful you read it. After a crushing loss, Faye unexpectedly finds love again in an unlikely place. Thane is determined to be the man to help Faye move forward.

An extremely well-written book unlike any other work by L.K. Collins, One Final Breath has now become my favorite by this amazing author! Take a chance on this second-chance romance. It's definitely a must read
Ydni
Feb 28, 2017 Ydni rated it it was amazing
Beautiful story about second chances.

New chances after loss and grief, after fights... new beginnings, new risks.

Julie
Feb 26, 2017 Julie rated it it was amazing
Shelves: contemporary, romance
You'll need plenty of tissues for this one. This one was a very emotional story, I was sobbing at one point. It was beautifully written story, I loved how Thane encouraged Faye and helped her, and she supported him when he needed it. A great story and it had a great HEA. Wonderful character and writing, LK Collins at her best, you can't miss this one.
Between the Coverz
Losing a love to finding a new love!

Faye didn’t know how to move on after watching her one true love pass away from a dreadful disease. She did her best and provided for their son, Braxley. A year later and Faye didn’t feel that she could move on with her life and to care for another person. That would be a betrayal to her and Ben’s love. Thane is going through a nasty divorce with an ex that is addicted to shopping and refuses to get help even at her son’s expense. Jack is everything to Thane
Jennifer Pierson
Mar 13, 2017 Jennifer Pierson rated it it was amazing
Faye is young mother who is widowed too soon. The only reason she keeps going is because of her son. After time passes, she meets Thane who is a divorced dad to a son that is good friends with her son. For the first time she feels something again but it makes her feel guilty. Will he help her move on? That's all I'm giving as this is a shorter read, and I don't want to give anything away. I have never hidden the fact that I believe LK Collins has a brilliant writing style, and as One Final Breat ...more
D
Mar 03, 2017 D rated it really liked it
Overall, I enjoyed reading One Final Breath. It was heartfelt and endearing. Usually an LK Collins book is all hot and sexy. This story was sweet with a side of sexy. I loved that the story centered around family and that a family bond can never be broken.
While I always enjoy Collins' sexy times, I do wish this story had a couple of "making love" moments rather than all F@ moments. They were good, don't get me wrong, but I also felt the storyline needed a balance of both. Especially with what t
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
LK Collins is the naughty alter ego for the husband-and-wife duo behind multiple bestselling and international bestselling novels. This real-life couple is downright dirty in the bedroom, which bleeds through the pages of their steaming hot stories. While LK writes the books, Mr. Collins, the tattooed god himself, is the mastermind behind so much of the page-turning sexiness.

If you are looking fo
More about L.K. Collins...