Start by marking “Veiled Intentions (The Dragon's Blade, #2)” as Want to Read:
Veiled Intentions (The Dragon's Blade, #2)

Veiled Intentions

(The Dragon's Blade #2)

Rectar has always had his sights set on conquering the human lands. His demonic invasion of the west is gaining momentum – an unrelenting horde unhindered by food or sleep. Now, only the undermanned Splintering Isles lie between the demons and the human kingdom of Brevia. If the islands fall, the rest of Tenalp will soon follow.

The Three Races must work together if they a
Published February 10th 2017 by Acorn Independent Press

To ask other readers questions about Veiled Intentions, please sign up.
Mel Like two years too late, but yes. the third book is seemingly out.

Start your review of Veiled Intentions (The Dragon's Blade, #2)
Petros Triantafyllou
Dec 08, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Veiled Intentions is a richly imagined, powerful and poignant story, and a stairway that Miller both built and ascended, leaving the land of the good and joining the band of the great.

Castallan is stronger than ever. He offers a world where humans are the dominant race, stronger even than the Dragons. Many are inclined to hear his word, to believe him and take part in his revolution. But not Dranuir. The King of Dragons is set to stop the powerful mage, reclaim his home, and then face Rectar, t
DarkChaplain
Feb 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, review-copy
Review also published here

Disclaimer: As stated above, I received a free review copy of the ebook ahead of the official release. I have also ordered the print copies of the first two books on my own, and purchased the audiobook of The Dragon's Blade on Audible, so I was well-willing to open my wallet for it. Either way, keep that in mind while reading the review.

The Dragon's Blade: Veiled Intentions is a big step up from its predecessor, which was Michael R. Miller's debut novel. I am ve
The Tattooed Book Geek (Drew).
My review can also be found on my blog The Tattooed Book Geek: https://thetattooedbookgeek.wordpress...

For those wondering at the shortness of the review it is taken from my weekly blog feature 200 Words or Less - where I write short and snappy reviews in 200 words or less. :)

4.5 stars.

I received a free copy of this book courtesy of the author in exchange for an honest review.

Veiled Intentions sees Miller thrusting us straight back in to his story, setting, world and characters with vigorous apl
Trevor Sherman
Feb 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
My Review is up (and has been for a while) on my blog https://thebloggoblin.com/2017/02/14/... ...more
Michael Miller
Aug 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Ah the difficult second book. More like the horrendously difficult second-half of the second book - no one warns you about that!

This trilogy is tightly knitted in its time frame. It's the Lord of the Rings model, so really one giant story broken into three. I knew where to begin the series. I knew where to end it. That bit in the middle though....

They say that good writing can only come from adversity, and this book was certainly more of a challenge than the first. In part, I believe this was
Amanda
Jun 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
** I was sent this book In exchange for an honest review. This in no way effects my review of the book ! **

I also have a video review : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO4WG...

This is the second book in The Dragon's Blade series and the books starts off exactly where the last book ended. Darnuir is in the midst of war against the demons with help from the faerie and human armies.

This book is told in multiple POV from characters that are in different parts of the land. Because of this there are
Swords & Spectres
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

4.5 out of 5 on my blog (www.swordsandspectres.wordpress.com), rounded up to 5 on Goodreads.

In my audiobook review of The Reborn King, my main negative was the total lack of depth to the demonic horde. In Veiled Intentions, Michael has addressed that negative wonderfully. The demonic horde has been fleshed out, we now know far more about them than we did before and, the pleasant surprise of demonic sub-plots has been added. So
Mark
Dec 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
A very enjoyable read in this the second book of the series.
J.P. Ashman
Sep 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
A complex, political fantasy full of battles, betrayals and interesting races.

Following on from the first book, our Dragon King is in full swing, but struggling with his new role in various ways. Magic can be a biatch!

Races ally and yet bicker, fight together and against one another. With more politics and intrigue than the first, answered questions lead to more mystery in this well developed world.

Magic, monsters and mayhem flow well, but I do find some of the characters far more enjoyable than
Anindita,  A Bohemian Mind at Work
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy, indie
Full review: http://bohomind.com/veiled-intentions...

Veiled Intensions, the second book in The Dragon's Blade series by Michael R. Miller starts where The Reborn King had left us.

However, this book follows a slightly different style and presentation. The POVs move more frequently, giving us a good picture of overall plot progress. The backstory broadens, and the spectral Lord Dukoona becomes my favorite character in the series.

Cassandra is still not someone I have the slightest sympathy or empat
Peter
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: epic-fantasy
This is a marvelous novel! It is a perfect continuation of a novel that I claimed was perfectly executed, this is no exception. We learn more about the world, more lore and history...and secrets. The characters develop really well 10/10 from me! A full review will be on my blog very soon
Michael
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: All lovers of heroic fantasy
Recommended to Michael by: J.P. Ashman
In this, the 2nd book of Michael Miller's The Dragon's Blade trilogy, you can almost feel the author's confidence growing with each chapter. I will say now that I enjoyed this book just as much as I did the first, The Dragon's Blade-The Reborn King.

I have no gripes to speak of where this book is concerned, but if I had to say anything negative it would only be that some things don't translate to Kindle the way we would like, maps and chapter headings in this case. Be assured though, this detrac
Kristen
Jul 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
There's a bigger, prettier version of this review here, on my blog.

One of the things that I loved the most about the first book in this series was a character introduced near the end. His name is Ochnic, and he’s a frost troll.

He’s a frost troll that sounds sort of…. ehhh we’ll go with Rastafarian. Imagine that for a sec….. Seriously. Go on. Have a good think about it. I’ll wait.

I know, right?! It’s pretty great. Pretty fucking great. Even when he’s being serious or sad or otherwise, he’s a
David Baird
Feb 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After the events of the first book we know war is coming but there’s so much more to this book than just one big fight.

The three races are plagued by trust issues. The Dragon’s still see themselves above humans, especially since Castallan has manged to turn a large number of humans to his cause but they must come together if they stand any chance of beating back the demons.

It’s a battle of wills fought on a number of fronts, Darnuir has a clear plan and it’s not what you might think.. the negati
Liz
Feb 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: magic, war, fantasy
Plot:
Veiled Intentions stays on course by following the natural course of events after The Reborn King. Dranuir seems to be a better version of himself after been given a second chance and he fully backs the belief that only by leaving the old grievances in between the Three Races behind, they will be successful in defeating Rectar. The Shadow that lingers over the world with the threat of demons.

The title of the book is an accurate one, as every leader’s motivations and true intentions emerge.
James (ObservantRaven)
Feb 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
Veiled Intentions is the highly anticipated sequel of The Reborn King. When I read and reviewed The Reborn King last year I thoroughly enjoyed it and sung its praises.
When I got the opportunity to read Veiled Intentions I quickly jumped at the opportunity to do so due to how much I liked The Reborn King and before I delve into my review all I will say is that this book certainly does not disappoint.

Veiled Intentions picks right up where The Reborn King left of. I really like it when authors pick
Brittany Davidson
Feb 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have been allowed to read this book early for an honest review. I believe this second installment has gone even further and improved an already good series with new revelations and depending the struggle on both sides, yet it gives a ray of hope through it all, and makes you hope that things between races will end up where everyone can live peacefully and work together.
Monroe White
Feb 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A excellent sequel. It was fast paced I couldn't put it down. I received this as an early release and was not disappointed. I look forward to the next installment. ...more
Alaina
Sep 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Okay so Veiled Intentions , written by Michael Miller, is a continuation of where The Reborn King left off. Rectar still has his sights set on conquering the human lands. The Three Races are still working together so that they can survive but they still have a problem to fix: Castallan . Oh man, is this guy an evil wizard. He has raised a deadly rebellion and declared himself King of Humans (because I mean what else do villains do with their spare time?).

Now while this all happening,
Kaitlin
May 14, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the second book in this series and it's a series I am really coming to enjoy and anticipate becuase it blends the epic fantasy and classic fantasy tropes so well. I definitely feel like this book continued the story of Dalinar and the other Dragons in a solid way, and I have a feeling book #3 will be epic once more too.

Dalinar s the king of the Dragons and he's been reborn i a time of strife. There are evil wizards who seem to have rebelled onto a dark path and Dalinar and his Dragons ne
kartik narayanan
Apr 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a much better book than the first. The pacing is fast and it never gets boring. There are some unexpected twists and turns which set up the series for a great conclusion. This time around, characters other than Dranuir get prominence. As a result, the series feels richer.
Annemieke / A Dance with Books
3,5 stars

Veiled Intentions is the sequel to The Reborn King. This second book starts us right of where The Reborn King left us. And some of the previously veiled intentions certainly were unveiled in this book.

I felt that the start was a bit slow despite starting right off where the second book left us. There were some new point of views added to the story, and it felt a bit too many. I still wonder if maybe we could have done with at least one point of view less. Regardless some of the other p
JUDITH DICKINSON
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in a planned three part story and I was sent it by the author, in exchange for an honest review. I read and really enjoyed the first book, 'The Reborn King', and looked forward to following the central characters on the next leg of their saga. I found it quite easy to slip back into their world, already knowing them well. However, this book can be read as a stand alone, with the characters developing as you read.
Rectar is setting his sites on extending his empire, his de
Flashfang Reviews
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I stayed up until nearly 2 am last night to finish this book and let me tell you it was worth it. Usually I'm never sure how to go about reviewing the second book in a trilogy or series given all the stuff I usually talk about from the first book usually holds. A lot of the stuff I mentioned in my review of The Reborn King does hold here but there are some new things of note that to me really took this book over the top and made me give it a 5 star rating. Like usual I will be breaking this revi ...more
Amanda Greathouse
Sep 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Great second book!

Great second book, continuing right where the first one left off. I'll be interested to see the third book and how the author will bring everything back together! I love the story around Darnuir and his hardships with becoming the king. I also enjoyed how there is so much more to the story without giving to much away. Also I like the underlying tone of just how far people will go to take care of their own. Anyhow looking forward to the next book!
Amanda Mooney
Aug 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Dragons of a different ilk

This was a great book. This book felt like the author learned some things to help the reader with who the chapter is about and current location... to help those that read and have to put the book down.

I liked the story, character developments, and the balance of describing the scenes with the right amount of detail.
Walter720
Feb 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent read , bring on the third and final book in the series
Al Burke
Apr 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Lana
Jul 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Rectar, the evil one wants to take over all of the human world but Dukoona who has been his slave forever is fearing that he and his spectres were being replaced and if made redundant he knew they would all be killed as their master would find no use for them anymore. Dukoona decides to undermine his master and try to protect his spectres, whilst letting the demons get killed and in doing so he was aiding the three races in their war. Darnuir, the king of dragons and the one wielding the powerfu ...more
Peter Hill
Nov 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
The second book (or film) in a trilogy is always interesting for me.

To me, they're the bridge to connecting the first book and setting up the finale.

Veiled Intentions did not disappoint. Picking up where the first practically ended, the sequel's scope expands, and we're given multiple POV's which give us great depth into how many see the conflict and the other respective races that they are at odds with, and yet must unite to defeat the demons.

Castallan is a favorite of mine. I think he's writ

• Disciple of War (Art of the Adept Book 4)
  • The Crimson Queen (The Raveling, #1)
  • Spark City (Spark City Cycle, #1)
  • Scholar of Magic (Art of the Adept Book 3)
  • The March of Magnus (The Spark City Cycle #2)
  • Havoc (Legend of the Arch Magus, #4)
  • Secrets and Spellcraft (Art of the Adept, #2)
  • The King's Sorcerer (Jon Oklar, #1)
  • Valor (Legend of the Arch Magus, #3)
  • Dawnshard (The Stormlight Archive, #3.5)
  • As Iron Falls (The Wings of War, #4)
  • The Upheaval (Legend of the Arch Magus, #2)
  • Ballistic Kiss (Sandman Slim, #11)
  • Of Sand and Snow (The Wings of War, #5)
  • The Choice of Magic (Art of the Adept, #1)
  • The King's Secret (Path of the Ranger, #2)
  • The Archmage Unbound (Mageborn, #3)
  • Tyrant: Storm of Arrows (Tyrant, #2)
You can grab a 2 FREE stories by signing up to my mailing list here https://www.michaelrmiller.co.uk/signup

Michael grew up in the grey, wet and wild west coast of Scotland.

He began writing his debut book, The Reborn King, when he was 10. Old paper copies of terrible opening chapters may still be found in a drawer back home. Thankfully those early drafts never saw the light of day. In 2015 he rene

The Dragon's Blade (3 books)
  • The Reborn King (The Dragon's Blade, #1)
  • The Last Guardian (The Dragon's Blade #3)

News & Interviews