Start by marking “One More Cup Of Coffee” as Want to Read:
One More Cup Of Coffee

Read Book

One More Cup Of Coffee

Follow author Tom Pappalardo on a black coffee tour of cafes, diners, and convenience stores, as he travels the potholed side streets and witch-cursed back roads of Western Massachusetts. Grab a table and sit. Nod and smile at whatever the waitress brings you. Does it taste like a 9-volt battery dipped in old, hot Coke? Good. You’re in the right place.
Published December 6th 2016 by Object Publishing

To ask other readers questions about One More Cup Of Coffee, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One More Cup Of Coffee

Start your review of One More Cup Of Coffee
Tom Pappalardo
Nov 16, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Have you ever read an author who writes exactly like the voice in your head? Wow. Just wow.
Alyssa Norsby
Jan 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Overall, I enjoyed this book...it’s literally a dude sitting at random coffee shops letting you know what he is thinking. Some of his thoughts were oddly familiar to ones that I have doing the same thing. At times, it’s laugh out loud funny, and at other times, you are like what the f—-. Pick it up, I don’t think you’ll regret it!
Green
Sep 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the perfect book to read while drinking coffee at your local coffee shop or cafe (sans accent aigu*). Tom voluntarily patronizes coffee establishments that a less intrepid coffee lover might fear to enter. The worse the coffee, the funnier Tom’s writing. Many of the author’s experiences will happen to you too, waiting customers judging the amount of your muffin remains, for example. I got the feeling that if the author had observed me cackling alone at a corner table, I might have become ...more
Emily
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Most entertaining book I've read in a long time. It made me laugh out loud in public and want to share passages with anyone who would listen (I didn't do them comedic justice at all). You've got to read this book yourself, especially if you're from WMass and have actually visited most of these coffee shops.
Noah
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
These are 150 pages of short essays entirely devoted to the author being irritated by the events unfolding around him as he attempts to drink coffee alone in Western MA. They are funny and self conscious. If you has ever been annoyed in a coffee shop in Western MA, know the area, or have ever just wanted to be left alone while you nurse a cup of coffee and steal WiFi, you will love this book. If you love books, you will love this book. If you think the poem In the Desert by Stephen Crane was wri ...more
Tiffany
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Tom Pappalardo for sending me a free copy of this book as a Goodreads Giveaway.

To understand this book, I think you might need to be from North America, live in or around the Eastern seaboard, or just be familiar/empathetic with the culture of the area. And then, if you do understand the book, it's absolutely hilarious.

The observations and thoughts describe a response to a way of life so honestly that you can't help but laugh knowing you have, yourself, thought and felt exactly the
Gwynne
Jan 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Spat my drink out in the car (as a passenger), I was laughing so hard. Love that this talented man lives in my town! Especially appreciated the end notes pointing out the number of spots now defunct. Ah, memories.
Charlotte
Mar 06, 2017 rated it liked it
shout out to the BPL for ordering this at my request. mildly fun to read since I'm from northampton. otherwise mildly funny, occasionally kind of obnoxious.
Alison Priest
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh man I love this book. Makes me homesick for the valley in a very pleasant way.
Suzanne
Mar 24, 2017
Bill Gordon
Dec 01, 2017
Jayna Rubin
rated it did not like it
Jan 23, 2019
J Collins
Mary A.
Ladywilde
Nov 30, 2016

• Meet the Austins (Austin Family Chronicles, #1)
  • Brother, I'm Dying
  • The Book of Joy: Lasting Happiness in a Changing World
  • The Heart's Invisible Furies
  • The Housekeeper and the Professor
Tom Pappalardo is a graphic designer, writer, cartoonist, and musician. He is the author of the illustrated novel Broken Lines, the humor essay collection One More Cup Of Coffee, and Everything You Didn't Ask For, a comic collection you could probably laugh at a little bit. He lives in a manky old house in western Massachusetts with a little cat named Charlie.