Start by marking “Still Human (Just Human, #2)” as Want to Read:
Still Human (Just Human, #2)

Still Human

(Just Human #2)

Danny and Liv are back...

Danny loves Liv. He knows he loves her more than she loves him because she ran without a word when she saw their future mapped out before her. He knows he will never love anyone like he loved her and this time he doesn’t think he can move on.

Alternate Cover Edition

To ask other readers questions about Still Human, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Still Human

Start your review of Still Human (Just Human, #2)
Nina Life of a Bookworm
Book review on blog: Life of a bookworm

Oh my. This one is just perfect!!!

About the book:

Danny and Liv are back...

Liv loves Danny. She knows she loves him more than he loves her because he broke her heart in the worst possible way, right when things were fal
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“…we stumbled and fell, but something so strong cannot be wiped out in one moment.”

After finishing Just Human, I literally only gave myself the time to take a deep breath and wipe away a few tears before I dove right into this very emotional but deeply satisfying sequel. It is the perfect conclusion to one of the most beautiful modern fairy-tales I have ever read and I am struggling to let go of it.

In the aftermath of the incredibly heartbreaking ending of its prequel, we find Liv an
Derna
Oct 16, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
Wow!!! I don’t’ know what to say, but Kerry Heavens has done it again, I loved Just Human, but I have to say Still Human just blew me away Kerry has knocked it out the park with this one, and as I write this review nearly 24 hours later I’m still smiling, still thinking about this book, and The Drifters song’s ‘Some kind of wonderful’ is still stuck in my head much to the annoyance of my work colleague this morning who at one, point shouted ‘enough already stop singing that bloody song’.

I don’t
Jessica's Book Review
Read more reviews | Find Me on Facebook

Still Human is the follow up book to Just Human by Kerry Heavens. In Just Human, we meet Liv & Danny, childhood sweethearts who have not seen each other in 12 years and reunite years later never falling out of love with one another. Their main problem was not distance, it was communication! Danny agreed to give up his life in California to move back to the U.K. and start a life with Liv. The book ended with Liv thinking something happened between Danny a
Nichole
Mar 15, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
***SPOILERS*** Look, I would have given this book 4 stars at the least had the author not created such a twisted situation. I was never really comfortable with Jen and Danny's relationship. She wrote them to be too intimate as friends in my opinion with all the alone time together, all the hugs and snuggling, the kissing on the lips, the fact that Danny admits that had Jen asked him to stay in the US then he would have because he didn't want to leave her, and the it's topped off with Danny helpi ...more
Kelle
Oct 27, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition

Ok well, Liv worked my nerves for much of the book and then Danny turned into a sniveling little bitch. No, seriously he started sounding like a total chick. I had to go back a few times to make sure I was really reading his POV.

And then he did the sweetest thing for Liv's birthday (I think this was around 75%) that I started to melt which was frustrating because I was all prepared at that point to hate them. So Danny goes back to be swoon worthy and I end up being a pathetic girl and
Alexis
Aug 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is like a very expensive, fine bottle of wine. It is something you don’t want to gulp, guzzle and finish in one sitting. No, it’s something you want to savor and completely take in and that is exactly what I did. I read the first 40% within one sitting but once it reached a certain point I knew immediately that this couple would hands-down become one of my favorite love stories ever and didn’t want it to end. I loved the first book, but in no way did it prepare me for the breath-taking ...more
Karen
Nov 21, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 5-star
3rd read, but still as fresh and sweet as the first time I read it.

I had been an emotional wreck waiting for this book to come out.

The beauty of the love between Liv and Danny had totally suckered me in when I read Just Human and I was as devastated as they were when their rediscovered love was as screwed up as the jeweller's bag in Danny's bin.

No idea how Kerry was going to do it but surely they had to get over the hurt.

There was me shouting, pick up the phone, read the email, talk to each oth
Ellen ✦ Book Bellas ✦
After the major cliffy in Just Human, I couldn’t wait to devour the continuation of Danny and Liv’s story in Still Human! And what a gorgeously written sequel it is. I absolutely love Liv and Danny. And they have the best friends ever. They are so insecure and there are so many misunderstandings between them, that I was a wreck hoping they would both find a way to be together. Soul mates, right? Without any spoilers, I want to say that Danny is my next husband (LOVE him!) and Liv could be a grea ...more
Amanda  Nemec
I had a few issues with this book. The first of which is there are a lot of errors in it that could have used a good editor. I think my biggest issue with this book is that I really disliked Liv for the first half of the book. She was selfish, ridiculous and hurtful to someone who was the love of her life, even after she found out that the whole thing was a huge misunderstanding. Instead of torturing the poor guy for half a book, she should have been apologizing profusely to him for being so rot ...more
Karen
Mar 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don’t even know how many times I have read this book. I adore Liv and Danny. Where has my original review gone?

Reading Still Human feels like meeting up with best friends, something I haven’t done for months and months and months. Damn you Covid.

I’ve sat with the biggest grin on my face, with tears running down my face and joy in my heart. The romance is off the charts. Danny Morgan IS my one and only book husband forever.

I’m so thankful for that day when I got a Twitter message from Kerry He
Gwen ~the Book Diva
3.5 " Just not my style" stars. This was a really great story just not suspenseful enough for me. A little too sweet and just plain ordinary at times. I can see how many would love it but it's just not for me. The hottness between Danny and Liv was the only thing that kept me reading. I absolutely love passionate sex scenes when love and emotions are involved and there was plenty of that! Nice story but not my style. ...more
Jill
Jan 02, 2014 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ok. Here we go. This story didn't start till half way through the book. Then it was just rushed. Everything happened so fast. Liv got more likable but Danny seemed to turn into a big mushy woman. I love nice guys and he really was. It just wasn't believable. He was a bit over the top. The first book was way better. I had a hard time finishing this one. Liv and Danny were so overly sweet it was making my teeth hurt. I love books about second chance loves. This one just fell short for me. ...more
Kristina
Reading through reviews the whole Danny/Jenn relationship sounds too weird so unless one of my book friends explains this whole deal this one's on my DNR list. ...more
Stephanie D
Oct 29, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love it! I love it! I love it!

This book was soo good!! It was soo beautiful how the characters grew and how the plot became full circle.

With the aftermath of the book 1 ending, this book started with their coping mechanisms. Because of their insecurities and their past they couldn't simply deal with their circumstance. Thanks to their friends who never gave up on them and gave them the strength to never lose hope.

How Liv overcame her trust issues and how she relinquished her control freak nat
Fien
2,5 Stars

Even though I wanted to love this book I couldn't embrace it entirely.
For the first half of the book I was really annoyed with Liv. But I love the way Danny handles everything and how he keeps fighting for her. I also love the strong friendships in this book.
But in the second half of the book I lost some interest. I love happy endings and all of that, but this was too much of it for my liking. I don't need a long description, just a brief epilogue would have been enough.
Angie
Aug 17, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc
FULL RECOMMENDATION AND FAVORITE QUOTES ON SMUTBOOKCLUB.COM

Without spoiling anything—of course—I'll just say that Danny has made a place for himself deep in my heart. Being Human and Still Human are highly recommended, must-read books.
Keri
Nov 30, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This was a sweet little series.
I really enjoyed it.
Z. Elizabeth
Aug 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
Review when the book is out :)
Wvqueen1 Cockerham
Please make a space on your “Favorite Book Boyfriends” list for Danny Morgan—your laminated list. You know, the one you carry around in your wallet in case you need to educate others about what they’re missing? Danny will need a permanent home there once you’ve read Still Human by Kerry Heavens. If you haven’t read Just Human yet, Still Human’s precursor, go get it. It’s safe now—you can handle the cliffy when the next one is One-Click away, right? Buck up, click, and get ready for Danny.

When we
Marci
Jan 08, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2014
This is the conclusion to the Just Human 2 book series. You really do need to read Just Human before reading Still Human.

This was a much better book than I expected. As I stated in my review for Just Human, I loved all of the characters, but I felt the author took a road mostly travelled in her choices for throwing angst and obstacles at Danny and Liv. What I found so frustrating is that these two almost squander a second chance. They are made for each other and I never understood why neither of
Bianca
This review and others can also be found here: http://brittanyandbiancablabbooks.blo...

I was provided an ARC in exchange for an honest review.

Words cannot describe how I felt as Still Human hit my kindle. I am not sure words can even describe how I feel about this series, let alone this conclusion to Danny and Liv’s story. Just when I thought I couldn’t love this couple, the author proved me wrong. This has to be one of my favorite series of all time. Every single word of this story was written
Donna ~ The Romance Cover
Still Human by Kerry Heavens

4.5 stars!!

“You told me once that you were afraid I would turn out to be just human and that I would hurt you. I told you then that I am just human and that I could be hurt just as easily. Well I’m still human…I’m still me and I know we could still destroy each other. But I don’t care, because a life without you isn’t worth living…I dare you.”

God, Kerry Heavens knows how to put you through the wringer! If any two characters, in any books deserve their heads banging t
The Hopeless Romantics Book Blog
Review: Jo 4.5 Hearts
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/TheHopelessR...
Blog: http://thehopelessromanticsbookblog.b...

"Still Human" is the second book in the "Just Human Series." Book #1 will need to be read first in order to fully understand and follow the story.

After the epic cliffhanger in "Just Human," I was desperate to find out what was going to happen between Liv and Danny and so I didn't waste anytime in diving right in to this concluding book. The beginning of the story started out qu
Becky
Oct 20, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Oh Liv and Danny- what are we going to do with the two of you? One moment I want to smack you upside the head and shake some common sense into you and the next I want to introduce you to my husband to give him some tips on romance. Needless to say, I love you both and you have given me one hell of a ride.

Still Human starts off where Your Human left off (If you have not read Your Human- go and get it now! Do not read on because you will get some spoilers from book one in the rest of the review).
Tracey Murphy
Oct 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
(Warning, contains spoilers for Just Human)

I was devastated at the end of Just Human. Liv thinks she sees Danny being unfaithful, and without asking for an explanation just runs, leaving Danny with another ring in his pocket and, this time, much larger hole in his heart. Both are hurting just because they are still thinking back to the rejection they each felt when they first separated, and how it was inevitable for them to lose each other.

Finally realizing the real reason for Liv's departure,
Stephanie
This is the second book in the Just Human series. It picks up right where Just Human left off. Liv is stubborn and Danny fights to the point of being pathetic to get Liv to hear the truth. Trust seems to be the theme here and trying to find it when you spent so much time being afraid of it.

You see, this is mostly a story about overcoming your own hangups and realizing that there comes a time when you have to care about someone other than just yourself. Letting people in isn't always a bad thing
Amanda
Oct 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great amazing conclusion to Danny & Liv's story. This wraps up everything from Just Human. It shows what they went through, their feelings, everything.

After being heartbroken in Just Human, Liv runs off. Now, I know it was a part of the story, but they both were too stubborn to see what's there and admit the depth of their love. I would have liked to have seen more of a fight, a confrontation, anything than just letting it be for a couple weeks.

But, fate once again intervenes, Liv is hurt and D
Stacey
Oct 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reviews
I fell in love with Danny and Liv in Just Human, so when I heard about Still Human, I knew I HAD to have it! This is a very unique story, and Kerry’s writing is so entertaining. Danny and Liv knew each other when they were kids, and fell in love. Unfortunately, Danny’s family moved, and neither Danny nor Liv wanted to make the other feel like they had to give up their own family to be together, so they split up – which broke both their hearts. They both through themselves into their respective b ...more
Jenny Flohre
I should have listened to my instincts. I don't know what it was, I loved the first book and I just had a feeling I should have stopped there. It ended on a cliffhanger, but I knew Danny and Liv would get their HEA, so I should have just left it alone. But alas, I tried. And I was aggravated!

First of all, for the first 38% of the book, Liv is a total cow. I was so frustrated with her, I could have screamed. All the "prove it, prove it, poor me, he didn't love me enough" crap was tiring.

So at ab
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Chasing the Moon
  • Dead Man Walking (The Fallen Men, #6)
  • Down for the Count (Dare Me, #1)
  • Voyeur Extraordinaire (Extraordinaire, #1)
  • It's Our Secret
  • Being Brooke (Barley Cross, #1)
  • Seventeen Wishes
  • Sentenced (Jaded Regret #1)
  • Shielded Wrongs (Bellandi Crime Syndicate, #4)
  • Still Standing (Wild West MC, #1)
  • With Every Heartbeat (Forbidden Men, #4)
  • Play (Stage Dive, #2)
  • The Marriage Bargain (Marriage to a Billionaire, #1)
  • Forsaken Trail (Runaway, #4)
  • Set the Pace (The Detroit Love Duet, #1)
  • On the Rocks (Last Call, #1)
  • Her Cocky Cowboys (Men of Montana Book 1)
  • Sweet Chaos (Love and Chaos, #2)
Indie author, iPhone addict & general ray of sunshine! I write steamy romance, dirty romcoms and other such smut.

Just Human (2 books)
  • Just Human (Just Human, #1)

News & Interviews

“Sometimes people just need a second chance because sometimes we are not ready when fate hands us the first chance"--Liv” 3 likes