Start by marking “Wrecked” as Want to Read:
Wrecked

Wrecked

4.17  ·  Rating details ·  1,265 Ratings  ·  262 Reviews
Wrecked is the new standalone novel of deliciously dark, deeply emotional contemporary romance from J.B. Salsbury, the New York Times bestselling author of Split and The Fighting Series.

When you can’t trust yourself, how can you ask anyone else to?

It’s been months since Aden Colt left the Army, and still the memories haunt him. When he moved into a boat off the California
Published July 18th 2017 by Forever

To ask other readers questions about Wrecked, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Wrecked

Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Enter to win a signed paperback on the front page of www.steamyreads.net :) Still some hours left on this giveaway!

➦3, 2, 1 commence gushing

➦Well, you get my point, I loved it. lol This book is actually not as dark as some of you might think, although it does have triggers. (view spoiler)Other than that I'd consider this to be a contemporary romance.

➦The heroine goes to a small town to pack up her twin sister's apartment. And while doing so
Christy
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-four-stars
4.5 stars!!!

description

Wrecked is one of those books that pulled me in from the start and didn’t let go. I love starting a book and being hooked from the beginning. JB Salsbury wrote a beautiful story about living life to the fullest, forgiving others (and forgiving yourself), and letting love heal you. Honestly, when I started this one, I expected it to be a little more dark and angsty. I was pleasantly surprised with the way it turned out. Wrecked was very much an emotional and raw read, but it was also
Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS

I look at you and I forget.” “What do you forget?” He leans in and brushes his lips so softly against mine. “Everything.”

It's official, I'm totally and completely wrecked. Ruined. My heart hurts because the book almost crushed it with its incredibly powerful and emotional story. My eyes hurt because I cried hysterically through the entire last third. I'm moved down to the marrow of my bones. YES. It was THAT good.

No seriously. I don't remember crying so hard reading a book before a
Astrid - ☆Vanilla & Spice Books☆
IT'S LIVE

AMAZON

✮✮✮ 5 STARS ✮✮✮

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

While Celia has always been fearless her twin sister Sawyer has a significant penchant to be cautious. She is the one who makes to-do lists and never takes risks and definitely doesn't leave things up to chance.

Her sister wants nothing more than for Sawyer to let loose and live instead of locking herself up - and Celia knows what she is talking about. A tumor is wrecking her brain and she doesn't have much time left. Celia asks Sawy
Jenny
Aug 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I've thought a lot about this........ I've sat here most the morning thinking about what to say, how to rate, and not give the jif of the story away.

And........Holy crap I am wrecked!! This book was simply amazing. It had my emotions all over the place. I was up, feeling good about it, then I was down, not liking what was happening. However, this author, she captures my heart with her writing. I've loved everything I've read by her and this one ranks as one of the best, so far =))

Sawyer Forres
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon * Barnes & Noble
Enter Giveaway HERE.

This book had me happy sighing all over the place. It was so romantic and emotion and is now one of my favorites from J.B Salsbury, which is saying a lot since I love everything she writes. These characters honestly broke my heart, but it was in the best way.

The best thing about this book for me was actually Sawyer's character and how we got to see her grow throughout the story. From the beginning to the end we got to see her use every par
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤
Live https://www.amazon.com/Wrecked-JB-Sal...

4.5-5 beautiful stars

"Because life is beautiful and terrifying," she whispers. "And we deserve to feel it down to our bones."

I'm impressed,this book was amazing.I was hooked from the beginning,Wrecked was a beautiful story.It was an emotional,sweet,intense and heartwarming story.

"I can give her what she needs.I want to erase the anguish I recognize in her eyes."

description

Wrecked is the story of two damaged souls who find love.What I find interesting about thi
Natalie The Biblioholic
Sawyer was a beautiful woman trapped in a stagnant life of her own making. But life delivers her a twist when her sister makes a strange request framed as a dying wish. An obligation becomes Sawyer's wake-up call, offering her her first taste of freedom and adventure and Aden is there to experience it all with her.

Aden was an honorable soldier dealing with PTSD and survivor's guilt. He's isolated himself from his family and has very few people in his life who mean anything to him. He finds some
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I’ve always admired how an author could provoke a multitude of spellbinding emotions out of you just from one story. You’re feelings are no longer your own because they’ve been hijacked by a lyrical masterpiece and your heart becomes so enraptured in the words, that you literally have to take a deep breath just to calm down. I’ve read stories like that and the one thing that has always played a constant in my mind was, these aren’t ordinary books and they sure as hell aren’t your average stor
Nicola
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

J.B Salsbury is an author I’ve never read before, but after being assured by a trusted friend and fellow reviewer that she was pretty sure I’d love it, I wasted no time in diving in. And she wasn't wrong, I did love it.

description

Aden and Sawyer are two people who are each dealing with personal pain—for him his career in Special Forces has left him battling inner demons, and for her it's facing the loss of the person closest to her, her twin, Celia. And, as the title suggests both are wrecked in t
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Wrecked
Series: Standalone
Author: JB Salsbury
Release date: July 18, 2017
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

Wrecked begins with a flashback in Aden's POV, three months prior to the present time. Those first few pages will immediately draw you in with a heart pounding scene that helps you to understand the severe PTSD that he's struggling with. While on tour in the Special Forces, his job was to train Iraqi and Kurdish soldiers. After his last mission went horribly wrong, h
AJ
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“Life is beautiful and terrifying … And we deserve to feel it down to our bones.”

5 stars!!!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS BOOK! Raw, dramatic and emotional yet sweet, fun and sexy with a beautifully romantic love story, this book captivated me from start to finish and I could not put it down. The writing is fantastic, the characters are wonderfully developed and the story made my heart race, made me laugh, made me cry, it made me so proud of the characters and their journeys, and it had me melting into a
Jayme
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is not as dark as it seems. It has its moments of sadness and laughter.

I easily became interested in the story. Aden Colt is a former soldier who, after retirement, still can not cope with what was happening on the battlefield. He is a loner and avoids people. He now lives on a boat and manages condoes on the coast. To one of them arrives Sawyer Forrester. They clash and quarrel. But there is also chemistry, with which is more and more difficult to deal with.

I really enjoyed this story. What
TF
Jul 22, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars!
Alex ♈
Couldn't connect with the characters,
couldn't connect with the story.

Can't explain why.
Just didn't feel it.
Lacey (Booklovers For Life)
Originally posted at Booklovers For Life

Tortured hero, anyone? If you’re looking for a book that will instantly hook you and has fantastically complex characters you can’t help but root for, you should definitely check out Wrecked. It’s intense, sexy, yet still has enough light-hearted moments to balance out the dark. I really enjoyed this read!

“I’m fucking wrecked without you.”

After being honorably discharged, Aden Colt arrived back on American soil wrecked from his time overseas. The loss of h
♥ D r i  ♥
Jul 19, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2017
3 stars!!!

Sabe quando você fica esperando a história te emocionar? E olha que devido aos fatos isso deveria ter acontecido, eu deveria ter sentido algo... esperei até a última página e nada... isso é tão triste!

Sawyer e Aden não me convenceram... não consegui me conectar com nada nesse livro e fiquei meio que irritada com algumas escolhas da mocinha.

A leitura foi ok, mas nada além disso.
Terrie's Just Another Book B*tch
Just Another Book Bitch's SPOILER FREE Review
*Arc provided for honest review

description

I must admit that lately some romance and/ or erotica novels have had me rolling my eyes and skimming pages. The relationships seem forced. The love scene seem cheesy and drawn out. (More for word count and to "out do" something or someone else) .... well. Salsbury has restored my faith!! A true artist when it comes to romance! I'm not a "sweet tooth typical romance girl." (Not that I'm saying this is typical by any
Kelli C ~ Jack Sawyer's Heart
ARC provided via Net galley! This was my Fave Salsbury work to date!
FULL REVIEW soon!
Betul
Jul 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
description

I am a huge fan of JB's books, and after reading the blurb of Wrecked I couldn't wait to get my hands on the book. It was a very emotional and heartbreaking story. I couldn't contain my tears and had to keep tissues near me. I read this book during my vacation, so I didn't have a lot of privacy, so I had to keep my tears on lock-down (it didn't work). I can always depend on this author to come up with unique storylines and very interesting characters. My heart went out to both Aden and Sawyer. B
Bianca
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh my holy balls. I love J.B.'s Split but I didn't expect to love this even better. I kinda have a thing for broken souls, those who thinks they cannot be fixed, but deep inside their hearts needs mending. Oooohhhh where to start with this one...
This is not near as dark as Split but it has it's own identity. Aden, a man with broken soul and he blames the death of his squad on himself, trusted the wrong person. He thinks he is never gonna be whole again, forever alone in his boat. The same is tru
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I was torn while reading with this book. often thought why is the author making the characters do or say this or that.
The conclusion that I came up with is because of love and second chances.

Sawyer loves her sister so much that she was willing to fulfill her request despite how hesitate she is. She's definitely out of her comfort zone. I liked watching her change from the beginning to the end. She grew more confident and sure of herself. This helped when she runs into Aden.

Due to circumstances b
Clau
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the first time I read one of J.B. Salsbury's book, and I think it won't be the last.
Wrecked tells the love story between Aden and Sawyer. And it is very cliche, considering: 1) Aden is a retired military, who suffers a severe case of PTSD; 2) Sawyer is pretending to be someone else: her twin sister; and 3) Said twin sister is dying, because of a brain tumor.
Both Aden and Sawyer are complex characters. Aden has liven through the trauma of losing his best friends in war. Sawyer is really o
Jessica Alcazar
Get ready for a really emotional ride with this one. Obviously from the blurb, you already know some of the subject matter we're dealing with with Aden but it doesn't even scratch the surface with the overall story. Everything about the journey of Sawyer and Aden was laced with some kind of emotion. The story will tug at your heart thru its entirety ... in a very good way. I wouldn't call this book an ugly cry book, but my tears were ready to shed at all times.

Both Aden and Sawyer both have gro
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
Love this author so much. This one brings us something different from her fighters. Little bit of twists and turns before this one settle out. A bit of slight of hand and some breaking hearts. Wonderful statement of the ability of the mind to heal itself. Hearts invariably follow.

Great story!
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Jul 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s

Wrecked is the story of secret identities, secrets, and lies between Sawyer, posing as her sister, and Aden, determined to get the truth. Aden has returned from Afghanistan bitter and out for revenge. After betrayal cost him several soldiers in his unit, Aden is devastated. Sawyer has promised her sister Celia to honor her dying wish and assume Celia's identity and have a little fun. As you can imagine, when these lives collide, will everyone end up wrecked or is it possible to survive?

Sawyer h
Viollar
Jul 24, 2017 marked it as to-read
Update: 19/08/2017

Finally available on Kindle in our small forgotten country :-)

*****************************************************************************
Sooo, seems this book is not available on Kindle for all countries...

Why, i don't understand...Moving on.
Lisa
Jul 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: july-2017
MY RATING: 4/5 STARS

I was provided an advanced reader copy in exchange for an honest review.

To start off, I just want to say that when I requested for this book and when I actually received it, I kind of put it off. I just didn't like how heavy it looked and the synopsis made it sound like there was going to be a lot of thick drama that I wasn't sure I would be able to handle. I like my light contemporaries, thank you.

However, while Wrecked does have its moments, for the most part, the book was
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
Wrecked. What a perfect freaking description of how I’m feeling. From the very first pages, JB Salsbury snatched my heart and didn’t give it back until the very last word.

Aden. God, where do I start with this beautiful, amazing, broken man. Like many war veterans, Aden can’t unsee all the atrocities of war. He’s haunted by his memories. By his losses. And is barely getting through life.

And Sawyer. Jeez, she’s afraid of her own shadow. Afraid to live life—until circumstances force her too. Love
Michaelene
I loved this book! OMG!

Every once in a while a book comes along that reminds me just why I love the romance genre. J.B. Salsbury’s Wrecked is one such book! It delivers a heart stopping emotion, hot animalistic lust, and good old-fashioned romance.

I shake off a fantasy involving me, those jeans, a bottle of hydrogen peroxide, and my stain-stick.

Sawyer Forrester lives in an organized, germ-a-phobic bubble. She lives day-to-day in fear, making lists and never taking risks in her life. That changes
J.B. Salsbury is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author. She lives in Phoenix, Arizona with her husband and two kids.

Her love of good storytelling led her to earn a degree in Media Communications. With her journalistic background, writing has always been at the forefront, and her love of romance propelled her career as an author.

She spends the majority of her day behind the computer wh
More about J.B. Salsbury...

“When we’re together it’s as if I’m the air and he’s begging for his next breath.” 4 likes
“I don’t want to forget you”
He pulls his shirt off over his head, his wide muscular chest on display and tensing with anticipation. “I’ll make sure you never will … I’ll mark your fucking soul … The way you’ve marked mine.”
4 likes