Start by marking “Wrecked” as Want to Read:
Wrecked

Wrecked

Wrecked is the new standalone novel of deliciously dark, deeply emotional contemporary romance from J.B. Salsbury, the New York Times bestselling author of Split and The Fighting Series.

When you can’t trust yourself, how can you ask anyone else to?

It’s been months since Aden Colt left the Army, and still the memories haunt him. When he moved into a boat off the California
Published July 18th 2017 by Forever

Start your review of Wrecked
Christy
Jul 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-four-stars
4.5 stars!!!

description

Wrecked is one of those books that pulled me in from the start and didn’t let go. I love starting a book and being hooked from the beginning. JB Salsbury wrote a beautiful story about living life to the fullest, forgiving others (and forgiving yourself), and letting love heal you. Honestly, when I started this one, I expected it to be a little more dark and angsty. I was pleasantly surprised with the way it turned out. Wrecked was very much an emotional and raw read, but it was als
Maria✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦
Enter to win a signed paperback on the front page of www.steamyreads.net :) Still some hours left on this giveaway!

➦3, 2, 1 commence gushing

➦Well, you get my point, I loved it. lol This book is actually not as dark as some of you might think, although it does have triggers. (view spoiler)Other than that I'd consider this to be a contemporary romance.

➦The heroine goes to a small town to pack up her twin sister's apartment. And while doing so
CristiinaReads❀
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
➳When opposites attract, both in ways that are unexpected, that is when the most passionate chemistry blossoms and this novel demonstrates it in every single way possible...

➳I am not one who admires ex-miliraty or army romance. However, this novel took my breathe away through every single turn of every page. Not only is there an instant attraction between Sawyer and Aden, but they both have that same understanding of people not being able to be inside their heads and comprehend what they go
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
4.5 STARS

I look at you and I forget.” “What do you forget?” He leans in and brushes his lips so softly against mine. “Everything.”

It's official, I'm totally and completely wrecked. Ruined. My heart hurts because the book almost crushed it with its incredibly powerful and emotional story. My eyes hurt because I cried hysterically through the entire last third. I'm moved down to the marrow of my bones. YES. It was THAT good.

No seriously. I don't remember crying so hard reading a book
Astrid - The Bookish Sweet Tooth
IT'S LIVE

AMAZON

✮✮✮ 5 STARS ✮✮✮

Review @ Vanilla & Spice Books

While Celia has always been fearless her twin sister Sawyer has a significant penchant to be cautious. She is the one who makes to-do lists and never takes risks and definitely doesn't leave things up to chance.

Her sister wants nothing more than for Sawyer to let loose and live instead of locking herself up - and Celia knows what she is talking about. A tumor is wrecking her brain and she doesn't have much time left. Celia asks Sawyer t
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
I've thought a lot about this........ I've sat here most the morning thinking about what to say, how to rate, and not give the jif of the story away.

And........Holy crap I am wrecked!! This book was simply amazing. It had my emotions all over the place. I was up, feeling good about it, then I was down, not liking what was happening. However, this author, she captures my heart with her writing. I've loved everything I've read by her and this one ranks as one of the best, so far =))

Sawyer Forres
Pavlina Read more sleep less blog
Live https://www.amazon.com/Wrecked-JB-Sal...

4.5-5 beautiful stars

"Because life is beautiful and terrifying," she whispers. "And we deserve to feel it down to our bones."

I'm impressed,this book was amazing.I was hooked from the beginning,Wrecked was a beautiful story.It was an emotional,sweet,intense and heartwarming story.

"I can give her what she needs.I want to erase the anguish I recognize in her eyes."

description

Wrecked is the story of two damaged souls who find love.What I find interesting about thi
Sabrina
NOW LIVE!
Amazon * Barnes & Noble
Enter Giveaway HERE.

This book had me happy sighing all over the place. It was so romantic and emotion and is now one of my favorites from J.B Salsbury, which is saying a lot since I love everything she writes. These characters honestly broke my heart, but it was in the best way.

The best thing about this book for me was actually Sawyer's character and how we got to see her grow throughout the story. From the beginning to the end we got to see her use every part of
 Sonya ♕Chatterbooks book blog♕

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I’ve always admired how an author could provoke a multitude of spellbinding emotions out of you just from one story. You’re feelings are no longer your own because they’ve been hijacked by a lyrical masterpiece and your heart becomes so enraptured in the words, that you literally have to take a deep breath just to calm down. I’ve read stories like that and the one thing that has always played a constant in my mind was, these aren’t ordinary books and they sure as hell aren’t your ave
Natalie ✩★ The Biblioholic ★✩
Sawyer was a beautiful woman trapped in a stagnant life of her own making. But life delivers her a twist when her sister makes a strange request framed as a dying wish. An obligation becomes Sawyer's wake-up call, offering her her first taste of freedom and adventure and Aden is there to experience it all with her.

Aden was an honorable soldier dealing with PTSD and survivor's guilt. He's isolated himself from his family and has very few people in his life who mean anything to him. He finds some
Nicola
Jul 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

J.B Salsbury is an author I’ve never read before, but after being assured by a trusted friend and fellow reviewer that she was pretty sure I’d love it, I wasted no time in diving in. And she wasn't wrong, I did love it.

description

Aden and Sawyer are two people who are each dealing with personal pain—for him his career in Special Forces has left him battling inner demons, and for her it's facing the loss of the person closest to her, her twin, Celia. And, as the title suggests both are wrecked in t
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Wrecked
Series: Standalone
Author: JB Salsbury
Release date: July 18, 2017
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

Wrecked begins with a flashback in Aden's POV, three months prior to the present time. Those first few pages will immediately draw you in with a heart pounding scene that helps you to understand the severe PTSD that he's struggling with. While on tour in the Special Forces, his job was to train Iraqi and Kurdish soldiers. After his last mission went horribly wrong, h
AJ
Jun 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
“Life is beautiful and terrifying … And we deserve to feel it down to our bones.”

5 stars!!!

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS BOOK! Raw, dramatic and emotional yet sweet, fun and sexy with a beautifully romantic love story, this book captivated me from start to finish and I could not put it down. The writing is fantastic, the characters are wonderfully developed and the story made my heart race, made me laugh, made me cry, it made me so proud of the characters and their journeys, and it had me melting into a
Syndi
Jun 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wrecked! Thats what this book done to me. I am now a fan of this author works. This is the second book i listen. In Wrecked, ot is a perfect combination of rom com, angst, PTSD, terminal illness.

The chemistry between Aiden and Sawyer build in perfect pace even though i found at the end (climax of Aiden PTSD) is bit dragging and too much. But nevertheless it still make everything in this book makes sense.

The secondary characters do not play major roles. But i still like it that way because it b
Jayme
Jul 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It is not as dark as it seems. It has its moments of sadness and laughter.

I easily became interested in the story. Aden Colt is a former soldier who, after retirement, still can not cope with what was happening on the battlefield. He is a loner and avoids people. He now lives on a boat and manages condoes on the coast. To one of them arrives Sawyer Forrester. They clash and quarrel. But there is also chemistry, with which is more and more difficult to deal with.

I really enjoyed this story. What
Terrie's Just Another Book B*tch
Just Another Book Bitch's SPOILER FREE Review
*Arc provided for honest review

description

I must admit that lately some romance and/ or erotica novels have had me rolling my eyes and skimming pages. The relationships seem forced. The love scene seem cheesy and drawn out. (More for word count and to "out do" something or someone else) .... well. Salsbury has restored my faith!! A true artist when it comes to romance! I'm not a "sweet tooth typical romance girl." (Not that I'm saying this is typica
Alex ♈
Couldn't connect with the characters,
couldn't connect with the story.

Can't explain why.
Just didn't feel it.
Dilek VT
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ptsd, ocd
3,5 stars rounded up to 4

This is the love story of two broken people.

The hero Aden was in the army, fighting in a war in Iraq. Now, he has severe PTSD. He tries to stay away from crowds. He can only find peace in the open sea while he is fishing. He now lives in a boat.

The heroine Sawyer has OCD. She is germophobic. She had also a severe case of agoraphobia when she was younger. She is better now but she is afraid of too many things.

*********************************************

Sawyer's twin sist
TF
Jul 22, 2017 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars!
Lacey (laceybooklovers)
Originally posted at Booklovers For Life

Tortured hero, anyone? If you’re looking for a book that will instantly hook you and has fantastically complex characters you can’t help but root for, you should definitely check out Wrecked. It’s intense, sexy, yet still has enough light-hearted moments to balance out the dark. I really enjoyed this read!

“I’m fucking wrecked without you.”

After being honorably discharged, Aden Colt arrived back on American soil wrecked from his time overseas. The loss of h
Azet
I love J.B Salsbury and her way of exploring dark subjects,relationships and love."Wrecked" is a contemporary romance set in San Diego.Sawyer Forrester gets requested by her twin-sister to take her place and live like her in San Diego.Sawyer is a women who never take risks and are very responsible and organized.When she meets the very charming but former tortured soldier Aden Colt she is in for a ride of summer romance!

I would LOVE to have a summer like this one!Sawyer and Aden were incredible t
Tpagirl Loves Romance
Wrecked was a standalone by JB Salsbury. It wasn’t my first book by the author, but it was my first standalone.

Aden Colt was ex-military suffering from PTSD. So much so that he isolated himself from just about everyone else in the world and lived on his uncle’s fishing boat. Aside from his illness, he was gorgeous, strong, sexy and all alpha male.

Sawyer Forrester was a twin. She was the conservative, risk-avoidant, organized twin while her sister was the carefree adventurous one. The two couldn’
Betül
description

I am a huge fan of JB's books, and after reading the blurb of Wrecked I couldn't wait to get my hands on the book. It was a very emotional and heartbreaking story. I couldn't contain my tears and had to keep tissues near me. I read this book during my vacation, so I didn't have a lot of privacy, so I had to keep my tears on lock-down (it didn't work). I can always depend on this author to come up with unique storylines and very interesting characters. My heart went out to both Aden and Sawyer. B
Kelli C
Jun 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ARC provided via Net galley! This was my Fave Salsbury work to date!
FULL REVIEW soon!
Sterling
Aug 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Oh my holy balls. I love J.B.'s Split but I didn't expect to love this even better. I kinda have a thing for broken souls, those who thinks they cannot be fixed, but deep inside their hearts needs mending. Oooohhhh where to start with this one...
This is not near as dark as Split but it has it's own identity. Aden, a man with broken soul and he blames the death of his squad on himself, trusted the wrong person. He thinks he is never gonna be whole again, forever alone in his boat. The same is tru
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I was torn while reading with this book. often thought why is the author making the characters do or say this or that.
The conclusion that I came up with is because of love and second chances.

Sawyer loves her sister so much that she was willing to fulfill her request despite how hesitate she is. She's definitely out of her comfort zone. I liked watching her change from the beginning to the end. She grew more confident and sure of herself. This helped when she runs into Aden.

Due to circumstances b
Clau
Oct 19, 2017 rated it liked it
This is the first time I read one of J.B. Salsbury's book, and I think it won't be the last.
Wrecked tells the love story between Aden and Sawyer. And it is very cliche, considering: 1) Aden is a retired military, who suffers a severe case of PTSD; 2) Sawyer is pretending to be someone else: her twin sister; and 3) Said twin sister is dying, because of a brain tumor.
Both Aden and Sawyer are complex characters. Aden has lived through the trauma of losing his best friends in war. Sawyer is really o
Bookgasms Book Blog
Jul 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: missy
Wrecked. What a perfect freaking description of how I’m feeling. From the very first pages, JB Salsbury snatched my heart and didn’t give it back until the very last word.

Aden. God, where do I start with this beautiful, amazing, broken man. Like many war veterans, Aden can’t unsee all the atrocities of war. He’s haunted by his memories. By his losses. And is barely getting through life.

And Sawyer. Jeez, she’s afraid of her own shadow. Afraid to live life—until circumstances force her too. Love
*TANYA*
Oct 31, 2018 rated it it was ok
I’m trying to wrap up all the books I have on my “currently reading” shelf, I refuse to DNF, this one lost me halfway through. The writing was decent, the story was lackluster.
Jessica Alcazar
Get ready for a really emotional ride with this one. Obviously from the blurb, you already know some of the subject matter we're dealing with with Aden but it doesn't even scratch the surface with the overall story. Everything about the journey of Sawyer and Aden was laced with some kind of emotion. The story will tug at your heart thru its entirety ... in a very good way. I wouldn't call this book an ugly cry book, but my tears were ready to shed at all times.

Both Aden and Sawyer both have gro

• See Through Heart (Heart #1)
  • When We Met  (Moments in Boston, #2)
  • The Aftermath (The Hurricane, #2)
  • Sidebarred (The Legal Briefs, #3.5)
  • Make Me Hate You
  • Bad Nights (Rockfort Security, #1)
  • The Line
  • Manhattan Sugar (From Manhattan #1)
  • Love Me Better (No Such Unit, #1)
  • Screwed
  • A Steel Heart (Heart #2)
  • Further To Fall
  • Wicked Sexy (Wicked Games, #2)
  • Toward the Sound of Chaos
  • Heart Stopper (Rebels of Rushmore, #1)
  • Finding Kyle
  • Outnumbered
  • Off the Cuff
J.B. Salsbury is a New York Times and USA Today bestselling author. She lives in Phoenix, Arizona with her husband and two kids.

Her love of good storytelling led her to earn a degree in Media Communications. With her journalistic background, writing has always been at the forefront, and her love of romance propelled her career as an author.

She spends the majority of her day behind the computer wh