Start by marking “Raw Deal (Larson Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Raw Deal (Larson Brothers, #1)

Raw Deal

(Larson Brothers #1)

Savannah's brother was killed in a cage fight with Mike "Red Reaper" Larson after a savage punch to the head.

When Mike shows up at the funeral, he’s nothing like Savannah expected. Gone is the fierce, brutal beast she’s seen in the cage. In his place is a beautiful man torn with guilt, seeking forgiveness, and willing to do anything to ease her pain.

Her family doesn’t appr
Published January 24th 2017 by Swerve

To ask other readers questions about Raw Deal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raw Deal

Start your review of Raw Deal (Larson Brothers, #1)
Val ⚓️ Shameless Non-Snowflake ⚓️
4.75 Stars

I love this author.

I love fighter books.

description

And, most of all, I just LOVE romance books where you can truly FEEL the connection between the two MCs.

description

Mike and Savannah were absolutely electric together.

description

Their chemistry was truly palpable and I loved the "forbidden" nature of the start of the relationship.

Mike alone was just so fucking awesome, too.

Seriously. Book husband material. For sure.
And I didn't even want to kill the heroine most of the time.

Sometimes I wanted to punch one of the
Lana ❇✾DG Romance❇✾
5 STARS

We have to take solace wherever we can find it, he'd said, and somehow, by some divine intervention or alignment of the stars or whatever the hell else determined their destinies...he was her solace.

Do you see that pathetic pile of emotional goo sitting there on the couch with her box of tissues and sniffling into her Ben & Jerry's? Ignore her. She's still trying to calm her tits after having her heart put through an emotional wringer that was this book. No really. She normall
A.
3 Stars

I read the blurb, my hand paused over the mouse, my index finger (with a mind of its own) practically glued to the left button of the mouse annnnd...

I had to have this book. Ever since reading Real, I've had a soft spot for fighters. You know, guys with a hot, ripped body who can, with one glance, cause a woman to go weak at the knees?

But all jokes aside, this book was good, real good, especially the first half. It has a unique storyline and a very difficult subject matter. Nothing more
Christie«SHBBblogger»

Title: Raw Deal
Series: Larson Brothers #1
Author: Cherrie Lynn
Release date: January 24, 2017
Cliffhanger: No
HEA(view spoiler)

Mike and Savannah had the type of forbidden romance that brings on some exquisite angst. The FEELS, guys! This is what I'm always searching for in my hunt for a good romance. I want to be swept away and overwhelmed with the raw emotion and need that these characters have. And let me tell you, they had it in spades. I love how untraditional this story was
Claire Robinson
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shit-hot-series, smp
4 - "Just keep holding me..." Stars!

Raw Deal marks the beginning of Cherrie Lynn’s new Larson Brothers Series, and if Mike Larson’s story is a taste of things to come, her readers are in for a treat.

It has been a while since I have read a book by this author, and I forgot just how agreeable her writing is, from the story-line in general to the characters involved, there wasn’t one bit of this book I didn’t enjoy.

"You want to be with a fighter, you gotta learn how to fight."

Falling for the guy wh
MELISSA *Mel Reader*
Dec 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
4.5 Stars!
(ARC provided by author)

photo 3558E62E-3B86-42FF-98C7-60D37EDE9AC9_zpsvnnsfgrv.jpg

Savannah Dugas is a 27 yr. old woman who lives in the French Quarter in New Orleans, Louisiana. Her whole family is devastated when her big brother Tommy is suddenly killed in a cage fight after a punch to the head. As a competitive MMA fighter, Tommy trained for the fight that could make his career, but instead it ended his life & left his wife a widow.

Michael Larson is an MMA fighter from Houston, Texas. He's worked hard to make a name for himself in the
Sabrina
Michael Larson is a MMA fighter whose making a big name for himself in the sport. But getting in that cage comes with a lot of responsibilities, some of which are life changing. He learns this the hard way when a fight leads to the death of his opponent.

Savannah was always scared when her brother got into the ring and ended up bloody. But she never expected there would be a time that his fight would end in his death. Struggling to deal with losing her brother, while trying to hold it together fo
Geri Reads
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
One of the reasons why I love to read romance, apart from the HEA, is the myriad of conflicts our hero and heroine goes through before they find their happily ever after.

For Raw Deal, the conflict is revealed from the get go: would you trust yourself to fall for the one who accidentally killed your brother in the ring?

Savannah never thought love would find her a stone throws away from where her brother is buried and with the person who had put him there. There are so many reasons to say no to Mi
Denisa
2.5 Meh

My luck just doesn't seem to get any better!

This is yet another book that started out pretty decent then it started to drag and it slowly became boring.
Al George
Sep 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ok, I adored the MCs. They knew how to communicate!

high five

Series: Yes

Sexy times: Yep. Chocolate with some fudge sauce and topped with whip cream. So nothing that should scare you, but it's not vanilla. And no, there is no rear action despite my use of fudge.

Plan on reading more by the author: I do

Synopsis
He's a MMA type fighter who just so happens to bring the killing blow to the heroine's brother. Ugh. How do you live with that? Can you imagine the depths of devastation?

He shows up on the fringes o
edge of bubble
I was going to give this 4 stars, just for the different start of the relationship and the story. But then the little bitch fairy took down a star for the cliché ending.

The blurb covers almost all of the story. I love fighter books! And this book was a good one overall. But ... I think author tried to swallow more than she could chew with the whole death between them concept. There were abrupt feelies and trying to convince the reader by words situation. I just didn't believe some of the emotio
Mandi Schreiner
Jan 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: contemporary
Years ago I read some of Cherrie Lynn's Ross Siblings books and I really enjoyed them so when I saw she has a new series coming out I was eager to try it. This book worked pretty well for me. I love the set-up - Savannah's brother is a well-known MMA Cage fighter who dies by an accidental punch to the head by his opponent. Savannah and her entire family are devastated. Mike Larson, the fighter who accidentally killed him, is guilt-ridden and upset it happened. But it was truly an accident.

Mike f
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
description

‘Hard to believe a hand that touched her so gently could ever hurt anyone.’

Mike Larson has a story behind him and it’s one of sadness and grave responsibility. He’s a force to be reckoned with, but his heart is caring and he loves fiercely. All he wants is to protect those he cares about, those he loves. Savannah’s heart wants what it wants but her conscience questions it every step of the way until the only voice she can hear is the beat of her heart.

We haven’t read an MMA fighter romance in a
Fabi
Mar 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was afraid this was going to be a real tear jerker. But, in spite of the sad circumstances of their meeting, this romance felt relatively low angst and low drama. Just the way I like them.

I enjoyed reading Michael and Savannah's story and I'm looking forward to seeing his brothers, Zane and Damien, find their true loves as well.
☽•☾-Ari
4 stars

I think that this is my first Cherrie Lynn book, and I am definitely impressed. For starters, I loved the entire premise of the book.

The book begins with the funeral of Tommy, an MMA fighter who died due to a brain hemorrhage when he incurred an unfortunately fatal punch to the head during one of the matches.

That is when we meet three of our protagonists (well technically four, but whatever)- Savannah (Tommy's sister), Rowan (Tommy's pregnant widow), and Mike "The Red Reaper" Larson (the
Michelle
Feb 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was scrolling through Facebook and saw an announcement about this book. I had no idea that Cherrie Lynn had a new series being released or that her latest was live. Needless to say - I immediately one-clicked and started reading.

Raw Deal is the first in the Larson Brother's Series and focuses on the story of Savannah and Mike. Their paths cross when Savannah's brother is dealt a fatal blow during a MMA match by Mike. When guilt begins to eat away at Mike, he shows at the funeral service but i
Amanda Brown
Jan 28, 2017 rated it liked it
My opinion seems to be a lot different than most when it comes to this book. I liked it, I did. I just didn't love it. This is the first book that I have read by Cherrie and her writing is impeccable. I was quite impressed. However, the story itself just didn't interest me and that is no one's fault but my own.

I do enjoy my sport romances, preferably Hockey, because I am Canadian and that sport is engraved in all of us at birth. MMA fighting or UFC or whatever, not a fan. It is what it is. Agai
Natasha is a Book Junkie
“Michael, what if part of my healing is you?”

I’ve been a fan of Cherrie Lynn’s writing for many years, so I always get ridiculously giddy with anticipation whenever one of her books is set to release. The perfect marriage of romance and steam, her stories crackle with sexual chemistry—her bedroom scenes featuring some of the most intense, arousing sex I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading—but it is the emotion that is ever-present in her every word that keeps me coming back for more.
hugsandcookies
Aug 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
3 1/5 stars

This was an okay read not too over the top but just right. It gives a vibe that is emotional, heartbreaking, a loss and regaining newfound friendship to love or is it the other way but I liked the pace of this storyline and although I wasn't happy with Savannah maybe 80+% into the story I get why but in the end always the heart wins and Mike Larsen is just that sweet tough sexy fighter that you'll just swoon over for.
sara j
3 stars...

I love the beginning.....love the forbidden concept but I think I didn't,t connect with the characters completely....
Mandy
Loved this one!! Super hot and very sweet! Mike and Savannah had great chemistry! I can't wait for Zane's book!
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog
Jan 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017
description

‘They were only two people trying to come to grips with their new realities.’

It’s been quite a few years since we last read a book by Cherrie Lynn. We’ve missed her. When we talk ‘frowned upon’ love stories a specific kind is conjured in our minds. However, Raw Deal can be thought of in those terms, as in two people who due to circumstances should not be together. This romance had us thinking about emotional morality and comparing it to what we would feel, should this be real life. Would we be i
Alex ♈
Jan 24, 2017 rated it it was ok
This review is based on my personal opinion and personal trigger.
I don’t encourage you not to read this book. There are many positive reviews, so it’s up to you!

(view spoiler)
Jessica  (Angie & Jessica's Dreamy Reads)
Raw Deal is the ultimate fight novel but this battle is about much more than a belt. The tumultuous drama bleeds out of the cage and into a deliciously sticky attraction between a fighter and a massage therapist brought together by tragedy. Equal parts intoxicating and forbidden, Raw Deal is a book that will make you question the existence of fate, the kind of book that takes heartbreak and pain and turns it into joy and hope, the kind of romance that swallows you up and sweeps you away.

I could
Elizabeth (Liz)
Feb 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars! Can't wait for the next book in this series! Hope it's Zane and Rowan!
Kate
Aug 28, 2017 added it
DNF @ 51 % cause I am bored to frigging tears.
Christina
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars - 3 Flames

There's no way for me to sugar coat this one. I found myself in a "frustration love" mood while reading this. My emotions were all over the place. I started this fully engaged and completely pulling for the underdog. But something happened half way through this read that flipped a switch in my brain, causing me to kind of "tune out". Thankfully, I was pulled back in (because I was close to NOT finishing this) and am happy that I stuck with it.

Savannah is grieving after her b
Alexandra
Feb 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really loved this one. Great love story.
Natalie M
4.5 stars!!! I love this author and the characters she creates! I'm adding Mike Larson to that list because he was an amazing hero. He and Savannah were wonderful together and I really enjoyed this story. It was done tastefully, given the emotional event that took place and I'm so pleased with the book. I can NOT wait to read the next book. I don't care if it's about Zane or Damien... both are so interesting to me.
The Romance Book Disciple (Samantha)
Jan 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-s
Link to full review below! Emotional and real! Angsty and beautiful! Read with caution! Your heart will be tugged a LOT! See full review on The Book Disciple ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »
Turning Pages At ...: Raw Deal (Larson Brothers #1) by Cherrie Lynn 10 12 Mar 26, 2017 08:07PM

• Taste of Darkness (Darkness, #2)
  • Shattered & Scarred (The Sacred Hearts MC #1)
  • Bryk (Mail-Order Brides of Crakair, #2)
  • Broken & Burned (The Sacred Hearts MC #2)
  • Love in the Light (Hearts in Darkness, #2)
  • Up to Me (The Bad Boys, #2)
  • The Favor
  • Everything for Us (The Bad Boys, #3)
  • Zip, Zero, Zilch (The Reed Brothers, #6)
  • Preacher (Rapid City Stories, #1)
  • Reagan's Revenge and Ending Emily's Engagement (The Reed Brothers, #3.6)
  • Only One (The Reed Brothers, #5.5)
  • Beautiful Bride (The Reed Brothers, #5.6)
  • Pull Me Close (Panic, #1)
  • Proving Paul's Promise (The Reed Brothers, #5)
  • Vork (Mail-Order Brides of Crakair, #1)
  • Hard to Hold on To (Hard Ink, #2.5)
  • Diamonds in the Rough (Diamonds are Forever Trilogy, #2)
Cherrie Lynn has been a CPS caseworker and a juvenile probation officer, but now that she has come to her senses, she writes contemporary and paranormal romance on the steamy side. It's *much* more fun. She's also an unabashed rock music enthusiast, and loves letting her passion for romance and metal collide on the page.

When she's not writing, you can find her reading, listening to music or playin

Larson Brothers (3 books)
  • Raw Need (Larson Brothers, #2)
  • Raw Heat (Larson Brothers, #3)