Start by marking “Hope's Well” as Want to Read:
Hope's Well

Read Book

Hope's Well

We all have our demons, but Verity's are real.

Verity Buckthorne is missing. She's not the first girl in Sommerspire to disappear, but she's the only one whose parents donate to the Mysterium's Annual Fundraiser. And with such an important young lady unaccounted for, something must be done.

Investigator Peter Adler is given unprecedented access to Verity's room and belonging
Kindle Edition
Published November 18th 2016

To ask other readers questions about Hope's Well, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hope's Well

Sam (Rescue Dog Mom, Writer, Hugger)
Once I began reading this story, I had to reach the end. It's fast-paced and full of suspense. The end of this story has me thinking about fantasy, reality, and our own ability to interpret events and convince ourselves of what is true... even if it's not. I believe this story will mean different things to different readers.
Jane Jago
Dec 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
This is an imaginative and engrossing story.

I liked.
Joanne
Excellent reading.

‘Hope’s Well’ tells the tale of Verity Buckthorne and her fascination with a mysterious well near her home.

The reader develops quite an insight into the working of Verity’s mind by reading her diary entries, which makes the story interesting on a psychological level as well as a fictional one.

The tale is crafted cleverly, with a slow build toward the climax and suggestions of other mysteries along the way. It has a lovely reminiscent sense of times gone by and old-fashioned
Samuel Colbran
Sep 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A bit of a trip down mystery lane

Spur of the moment I grabbed this book, not knowing what to expect.
It has a bit of fantasy, intrigue, paranormal and a mystery to solve. It has two distinct povs, one as a diary and the other an investigator report. I throughly enjoyed it! I would recommend this book.
Jessica Jesinghaus
Dec 01, 2016 rated it really liked it
Hope's Well is a short but super fun story. Told in the form of diary entries from a missing girl and investigative notes from the detective searching for her. It was a well executed story. Well worth (a little of) your time!
Sarah Northwood
Jan 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
As soon as I started to read this short story I had to finish it. Brilliantly woven with suspense, the story is told through the use of diary entries so the reader gets an intimate ride and as its a clean read it has a wide ranging age range.
S.K. Wee
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great tale

I've always liked stories told through journal entries or dear diary like this one. They seem so much more intimate. This story is told through the diaries of two girls that have disappeared and also the investigator hired to find them.
Josephine Bird
Dec 06, 2016
Chloe
Jan 15, 2017
India
Jan 19, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Lyra Shanti
Kat Davis
Feb 17, 2018
Should I do another story with Verity/Peter? 4 4 Apr 18, 2017 12:33PM
Do you think Mena is real? *Spoilers* 1 1 Mar 30, 2017 01:10PM
Dynamite comes in small packages! India Emerald writes fantastical short stories, from candy criminals to hallucinated spirits (with a 90's Paranormal Romance, just for good measure). She's authored seven Amazon publications including her award-winning Dystopia, The Dying of the Mother Seed (2017), and was short-listed for Favourite European Author at the 2018 Wild Dreams Indie Awards, this year. ...more