Start by marking “Fox (Bodhi Beach, #1)” as Want to Read:
Fox (Bodhi Beach, #1)

Fox

(Bodhi Beach #1)

What’s a little sex between friends?

Sophie Fordham never thought much about motherhood until her body forced her to. With the onset of early menopause, she knows if she wants to have a baby, it’s now or never. So what’s a single, financially-strapped girl to do? Go with what you know, of course.

Fox Monkhouse has been Sophie’s gorgeous best friend since preschool. This sun-
Published April 17th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Fox, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fox

Start your review of Fox (Bodhi Beach, #1)
Bex | TotallyBex.com
The first thing to know about this book is that it is not a typical friends-to-lovers rom-com. For instance, the heroine, Sophie, hasn’t harbored an unrequited, secret crush on her best friend, and Fox isn’t necessarily the best boyfriend material, etc.

But, not being 'typical' is exactly what I liked about Fox. There's a quirkiness and a realism and a heartfelt quality to the storyline that radiates throughout the book. Plus, the humor really shines, and the comedic timing is impeccable. In fact
Jacqueline
Apr 19, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: rare-2018-london
Omg how good was that?!

I was all over this one when I saw it was a childhood friends to lovers with a baby-making arrangement story as that's some of my very favourite plots all in one book.

You've got to admit you don't often get all of that in one story, it's kind of niche.

Anyway, Sophie has just discovered that her body's showing signs of going into menopause at the horribly early age of 28. She decides she can't afford to wait any longer to have a child, but as she's single, she first has to
✿kawehi.reviews
Apr 17, 2017 rated it liked it
I felt a mixture of up and up feelings about this book. The dialogue and the interactions between the two leads. Wahhh. Sometimes it felt too kidish, unrealistic, and somewhat uncomfortable for my tastes.

But, then I had to remind myself that they had known each other from childhood and later then made the transition of potentially becoming lovers when Sophie propositions Fox into being her sperm donor. SO HENCE, the over all awkwardness.

I don't know. I'm up in the air about this read. It's rea
Moon Love
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I need to process, but my first reactions to this book are that it's hot and funny. Often times it felt like I was reading a screenplay or watching a movie play out in my head. I'm also loving the fact that this book gave me the feels as much as it made me laugh out loud.

And Fox is mine! I'm willing to share him with Sophie though. ;)
Angy Potter - Collector of Book Boyfriends
 photo 17990243_1381635821924498_5125762500471671620_o_zpsmqdvzjsb.jpg

Book Review: 4,5 Stars

Fox is the kind of Rom-Com that made me laugh and cry and yell and sigh and laugh a little more, and of course, it made me fall in love with Sophie and Fox *smiles* and their amazing HEA, because yes, you can absolutely expect a HEA, and not a predictable one, if I may add.

This book story is about hope, love and friendship.

Sophie was a single 28 year old woman with a “little” problem at such young age: She had perimenopause. Her doctor recommended to have kids ASA
Loredana
Apr 16, 2017 rated it really liked it

OMG! I adored this book. The premise was utterly fantastic and the chemistry between Fox and Sophie couldn't be any more perfect. If you never believed in soulmates before, then Lumetta will be sure to convince you before you read the last page of this book.

There is some great levity and a load of hilarity in the writing. But more than that is the writing flows so well (never stagnates and totally draws you in). The characters are dynamic and fun. What totally got me is that by the time
Sara
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was ok

Why do girls have to put down other girls? Your guy friend could be the biggest manwhore walking the earth, but the girls that sleep with him? - They are the ones not fit to be called humans. There is an undercurrent of ‘I’m such a cool girl’, when it comes to Sophie-as in you know the ‘Cool Girl’ from Gone Girl-the type who likes to hang out with the guys and not the the girly girls?

Like here for eg....

“I was, however, kind of looking forward to having a more guys less girls kind of weekend. Bu
2OCC Reviews
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gemma

This book completely surprised me with how much I loved it and how much I cracked up within this book. This book had so many sexy and steamy moments that always had a hint of humour to it. There was the right amount of seriousness to the story and the perfect amount of drama to make this an excellent read. I loved the characters and the quirkiness that they both had and the way they could be themselves around each other.

Sophie was a character that had me laughing so much throughout the story an
Konny
Apr 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Let me say I Love This Book !
The characters are great and the story is captivating. A wonderful package.

Meet Sophie, at 28 her body is to go in early menopause. If she wants a child it has to be now.
And there is Fox Monkhouse, her best friend since childhood. He´s a bit immature, but I liked him , like really liked him.
She starts dating, but there are only loser out there. The same with matchmaking and sperm donor.
Sophie has the idea that Fox should be the father to be.
Fox agrees and they start
Shelby (Book Lovers Have More Fun)
I've never read a book by this author before, but I had to read Fox when I found out it was a friends to lovers AND there was a kid involved. I love kids in books even if they spend the whole time trying to make one.

Fox was a romantic comedy, which I've been craving to read lately. I think there's a fine line in romantic comedies that the humor could be too much, and I felt that way with this one. About 50% of the jokes I laughed-out-loud at it and I could've done without the other 50%. It made
Laurie
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I am a huge fan of friends-to-lovers stories – next to a secret baby, they are my favorite trope. Throw in a childhood best friends and well, it’s my catnip. Which is why I loved S. M. Lumetta’s Fox, so freaking much. This book is brilliantly funny, with a cast of characters who are not at all perfect, but as group, collectively so. This book is a great introduction to not only a new series, but perhaps a new-to-you author.

The beauty of a best-friends-to-lovers story is that these characters kno
Marie  Brown (Marie's Tempting Reads)
Marie's Tempting Reads ARC Review:

A seriously funny, sexy, sparks-a-flying friends to lovers romance that was pure entertainment! These characters had me laughing so hard at their banter. They are both fun, and wonderfully entertaining as they waddle their way through becoming more than just friends.

The interaction between Fox and Sophie is really something to witness. Not only can you tell by the way they talk to each other on how long they have been friends, but the way Fox really cares about
JoDeen
Apr 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When I heard about Fox I was so excited !! S.M Lumetta always creates these unique fun stories .When I got the chance I digged into this story as soon as I possibly could and it was fantastic !!. We follow Sophie and Fox and we watch there friends to lovers romance unfold in the most unique , funny , real ,sexy , quirky and swoon worthy way . I loved Fox and Sophie relationship, I love how at the core of it they were best friends who deeply cared for each other, so watching that blossom into to ...more
Wit & Wonder Books
Apr 12, 2017 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Author for an Honest Review***

SM Lumetta’s book Fox was a heartfelt story that I fell in love with.

What would you do if nature decided to taunt you, and take away your ability to have children? If it were me, I’d panic. It’s pretty simple really.

For Sophie, that’s exactly what’s happening. At the age of twenty-eight her body decides it doesn’t want to play and in walks early onset of menopause. If she ever has any hope of having children she needs to do it soon. That bring
Terri
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
I found this to be very entertaining. A childhood friends to lovers but it was different than what you would expect. More on the lighter side. The banter and dialogue between Sophie and Fox was hilarious.
Elaine
Apr 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
S.M. Lumetta's Fox follows a familiar tale of a twenty-something girl with a ticking body clock who wants to have a baby. It continues with the protagonist Sophie, attempting to find herself a baby daddy but quickly realising he's a lot closer to home. Enter Fox, her good looking, manwhore of a best friend. From here on in, the story could stick to the tried and tested formulas but this is where S.M. Lumetta succeeds where others have failed. Her characters have floors yes, but Sophie isn't doin ...more
FS Meurinne
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, reviews
This story cracked me up, the sense of humor had me laughing until the end. The first part went a bit slow, but after starting the project it got good. Sexy scenes and great story line. I love Fox and Lolli, they make such a good couple. It was an overall light great weekend read. Will look forward for more in the series.
Kim Ginsberg
Apr 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Sophie is at the doctor's and gets shocking news. After she passes out, she comes to with her best guy friend, Fox holding her legs up. She freaks out and goes to the beach to process her news. What could her doctor have told her that was so bad? What suggestion does her best friend come up with? What does it have to do with Fox? Find out this and more in this awesome read!!!
Stacy Aube
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received and voluntary reviewed an ARC of this book. This book was read and reviewed by Stacy Aube for Cutting Muse Blog Review.

A friends to lovers story. An intense array of dynamics between the main characters. I enjoyed this book and can't wait for whats next.
Tanya Vought
Apr 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review to come on the 17th! :)
Esther Haddie's Haven
DISCLAIMER: I received an ARC of this book for honest review.

Love Sophie.
Super funny.
Fox.

Seriously, this was such a fun, snarky, hilarious read. It has moments of seriousness as well. I love that Fox is his actual name. I love how he calls Sophie Lollipop. And I need a support group. I think I have a Fox addiction problem. You can't end a book on a question! Does that mean there is a sequel to Fox and Sophie's story? Or will one of Sophie's friends take up the task to bring a new story a
Rosemarie McKenzie
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Hilariously sexy read.
****Review to come****
Andrea (mrsaubergine)
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: my-edits
Loved it! Very funny, reminiscent of Alice Clayton at her best. The UST is wonderful and New Zealand mentions are a delightful bonus. Lumetta is a new author for me and now I'm keen to read anything else by her.
SMizzen/TallulahBelle
Apr 17, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, drama, modern
A Woman in the early stages of menopause asks Best Friend to help her have a baby.

We've all read those "time is ticking, time to get pregnant," stories, but for the subject to be a woman with menopause, was something completely new.

To say that I was intrigued was putting it mildly, especially since S. M. Lumetta was the writer spinning this tale. I knew of her wit, and how she handled drama, and those sexy times, that I knew I was going to go on one hella ride with this book.

When I delved in,
Erin
Apr 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: babies
2.5 STARS

The idea behind this book was great but the (numerous) ridiculous jokes between Fox and Sophie became overwhelming rather quickly. Maybe because it wasn't my style of humor or just wasn't in the mood for these characters personalities. Otherwise I would have enjoyed the book, but I just didn't find either of the characters to be particularly funny just acting like children.

I might read the next book if it is the best friends but we will see. I'm not sure I would recommend this one ei
Nicole
Jun 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Humor and Heart

Fox and Sophie were just too much. This friend to lovers romance was packed with ridiculous humor and great heart. I enjoyed the banter between all the characters. The story was well written and I loved every word.
Michelle
Apr 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
3.5 stars. I was lured in by the blurb and storyline. Best friends becoming lovers because the female is hitting early menopause and wants to conceive a baby? Sign me up. Sophie is only 28, but her biological clock is ticking and even if there's no man in the picture, she's not giving up on the baby. So she turns to Fox, her best friend since age 5, to be the biological dad. He agrees and that's where all the fun begins. I liked Sophie and Fox, their dynamic was very relaxed, witty and fun. It w ...more
Freya**Secret sin** Romance
Aug 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars because sometimes the banter between the mc was tedious.
There is a reason I stop reading Tara Sivec and her likes.
Full review to come.
Christina Szczepan-santos
Jun 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. So many funny moments. Not your typical friend to lovers romance.
Michelle
May 01, 2017 rated it did not like it
« previous 1 3 next »

• Chasing Butterflies (Chasing Butterflies #1)
  • Undone
  • Cruel and Beautiful (Cruel & Beautiful, #1)
  • For the Love of English
  • Nate (Dark Protector #2)
  • Fighting Temptation (Men of Honor, #1)
  • Where I Need to Be (Club 24, #1)
  • The Vixen and the Vet (A Modern Fairytale #1)
  • Train Wreck (Collision Series, #1)
  • Misconduct
  • After All
  • Crushed: A Hockey Love Story (Vegas Crush, #1)
  • Someday, Someday
  • Never Let You Go (A Modern Fairytale #2)
  • Captain (Morgan Brothers, #2)
  • Indelebile  (The Broken Stars, #2)
  • So Twisted (Bad Behavior #1)
  • Sweet Temptation (Men of Honor, #2)

Bodhi Beach (3 books)
  • Doc (Bodhi Beach, #2)
  • Lollipop (Bodhi Beach, #2.5)