Start by marking “The Devil Dragon Pilot (Ford Stevens Military-Aviation Thriller #1)” as Want to Read:
The Devil Dragon Pilot (Ford Stevens Military-Aviation Thriller #1)

The Devil Dragon Pilot

(Ford Stevens Military-Aviation Thriller #1)

"If you not already ready Colby’s stuff, start. Somewhere between Dale Brown and early Ward Larsen books, Colby’s series is fresh, original, and plotted in such a way that each book is impossible to set down." -The Real Book Spy

"Move over Jack Ryan, there's a new coolest dude in town named Ford Stevens." -Frank "Gus" Biggio, Author of The Wolves of Helmand

From military vet
Published November 11th 2016 by Mach278 LLC Books
Featured Notes & Highlights

To ask other readers questions about The Devil Dragon Pilot, please sign up.
Lawrence Colby Hi Andy,

Thanks for the note. It's being reviewed at the Pentagon and will have a fall release. I'll be sure to let everyone know on the date.

Glad you…more
Hi Andy,

Glad you liked DEVIL DRAGON. Thank you.

Best,
Cheese Colby(less)

Start your review of The Devil Dragon Pilot (Ford Stevens Military-Aviation Thriller #1)
Andreas Tornberg
Aug 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Excellent military aviation thriller. The story starts rather slow but it never gets dull and if you are patient you will be heavily rewarded because it’s a thrilling and gripping story. What I liked most about this book was the strong and likeable characters. This was a great start to this series and I’ll definitely read book 2 and 3 in the series. I highly recommend this book.
Mark Mckinnon
Sep 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Great read. Highly recommend.

Excellent book! Grabbed you from the start and kept going to the end. Excellent ending. Look forward to reading the other books on 's in the series.
Matt Persson
Aug 04, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I can not say enough about this book. I absolutely loved it. Love the story and the characters even better!!! A lot of Clancy influence, great writing and development. And amazing knowledge and research on the subject. Highly recommend this book. So detailed that I hope one day Mr. Lawrence Colby gets to write a Clancy book. It would be an instant #1.
Rick Radinsky
Jan 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wasn't expecting much. The author sent me a connection request on here, and I, for some odd reason, accepted it. Smart marketing move on his part, I suppose. Reviews by others were generally favorable, and those that were invoked similarities to Clancy and others of that genre. I doubted that, because if this guy was that good, why had I never heard of him. I'm glad I got past my own arrogance and gave this book a shot, though I would compare him more to Stephen Coonts (Flight of the Intruder, ...more
Alan Branch
Aug 20, 2017 rated it it was ok
Good story but...

This has to be one of the most poorly edited books I've read in a long time. It's full of awkward phrasing, typos and outright errors. No pilot would say "gulf" for the phonetic alphabet letter "G". Did a human bother to proof this before publishing or was it just run through a spell checker?
Kevin R. Geaney
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great characterization

Clear pictures of the players. I like that a lot. The attitude of the military characters was spot on. Life of a lifer was also real ... I know
Xsabian Ortiz
May 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nail biting, page turning read

I really enjoy military read, but Lawrence Colby captures all aspect of military operations with a human touch that allows anyone to connect to his story. An aviation enthusiast myself his description and explanation allow anyone with any background to understand and connect with this story. The human side with Wu's sickness was even emotional that makes this book such a page turner. Great job Mr. Colby l, I cant wait to read the second book in the series and the re
Steve
Aug 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
Hard-to-Believe Plot; Unexpected Tear-Jerker Ending

The character development of this story — and the “you REALLY have to suspend disbelief” at how the main characters revolve around each other — are what stops this from being a 5-star review. The gist of the plot isn’t hard to believe, but the mechanics of how it was pulled off don’t fit reality. The ‘real’ ending was a complete surprise, and pulled the book back to Earth.
D. E.
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An LC. Military Action Mystery/Mach 5 Aiircraft

LC. had. Planned a military action mystery about two boys who become bomber pilots. One for the United States and one for China. The U.S. Pilot flies the B-1 and the Chinese pilot flies the new Chinese Mach 5 aircraft. The Chinese pilot filings that he has pancreatic cancer and decided he wants to deliver the Mach 5 aircraft to the US. This is an excellent read for the genre.....DEHS
Thomas James
Nov 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Strength of the Story is Its Characters

The story itself was almost predictable and had it not been for Lawrence Colby's unique gift of bringing his characters to life, it would have rated lower. It's all aided by Mr. Colby's amazing knowledge of military procedures both air and sea. I could see myself again back when I was assigned to an aircraft carrier.
Stephen Ashley
Feb 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Thriller From Head To Toe, With Heart!

I thoroughly enjoyed this work of fiction, and realize how dangerously free our nation really is!! This book is quite plausible. In today's world, we must always see the Chinese as worthy adversaries.
Connor
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thought it was a good read but probably bias because I love aviation. I liked how the author wrote the book in different perspectives from each character. It kept you wanting to keep reading, ending each section like a cliff hanger.
Bill Barnes
Feb 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Great read

Exceptional "fictional" military story. Right up there with Clancy. Suspense and action like W.E.B. Griffith. Great Carrier story as well. Looking forward to Black Scorpion. Why 4 and not 5 stars, because there needs to be room for improvement. Similar to an "OK" trap.
Jeffrey H. Bryden
Oct 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Too Believable to be Fiction

Certainly one of the better books I've read in quite awhile! Too many ways the USA is open to other countries like China appropriating our technology and innovations. Characters are believable and action is riveting. Look forward to his next book!
Bryan Schieber
Aug 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Action Thriller

Fast moving aviation thriller with intrigue and excitement bringing in a warm touch of human reality. Details of military intelligence, military politics, and aviation technology were entertaining keeping the reader engaged.
Jon Nelson
Nov 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Very good

A great story, enjoyed reading and looked forward to my next chance to read. I highly recommend this book. Thankyou
George Tillett
Jan 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great military fiction

If you like Clancy or Brown you will enjoy this. Great characters and very good plot development. I couldn't put it down .
ROLLIE HECKETHORN
May 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Captivating/gripping

Could not put it down. Looking forward to more from Cheese Colby. Caution: may lead to sleep deprivation! Keep writing!
Jeff Harper
Aug 27, 2020 rated it really liked it
Excellent military flight thriller

Good character development with realistic dialogue. Different characters reflect different real style personality. I intend to try other books in series.
Billy Bob
Feb 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Solid read.

Good story line. Not too technical. Really makes you care about and pull for the main characters. Have fun reading this book.
John Karlson
Mar 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Dam n good story

Good story, good writing, good characters, recommend and look forward to next book. They want more words about this one.
john cummings jr
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Good book

Sometimes to much info distracts from the story but very believable scenario but keeps you intrigued just enough to finish the story
John
Feb 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is an interesting tale of two teenagers, Ford Stevens and Wu Lee, who became best friends when Stevens family was stationed in China with a major oil company. Fifteen years later, the friendship is still strong. Stevens is now a USAF captain, flying the B-2 stealth bomber. Wu is a captain in the People's Liberation Army Air Force, and a test pilot for a Chinese version of an all purpose stealth aircraft unknown to the western world. Unusual circumstances, mainly Wu's CO, the egomaniacal, mi ...more
Arthur
Apr 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The Devil Dragon Pilot: a Ford Stevens Military-Aviation Thriller #1 by Lawrence Colby

Colby's characters, reserve Air Force pilot, Ford Stevens and Chinese Air Force pilot Wu Lee are life long friends; who manage to do the impossible. The plot is great, the action non stop, both lead characters are tops in their respective fields, and if their feat actually happened, it totally was kept from the public and showed what our military and our intelligence agencies are really capable of doing. Anxiou
Mai-Lan Hanley
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Good Read!

Author was apparently well read in the workings of our government. Also on our technology and how all of the things they can do together to accomplish the impossible. Story a bit overloaded with convenient coincidences! Also throws a liberal liberal volume of roadblocks and then overcomes them with an unlikely series of recoveries. Lastly, after 27 years active duty in the US Army, I don't think you would prefer to a Navy E6 as Chief! If memory serves me right a Chief would be a senio
Laurie-Ann Murabito
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic book that will keep you on the edge of your seat from beginning to end. For a new time author, it's intriguing, very well written and surprising. I don't typically pick up a military themed book, but this was so worth it.

I see myself reading this again and again because it's so fun and easy to read.
Raymond Anthony Meece
Dec 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow, great military thriller

Wow, I gave this five stars because I found myself looking at the clock at 3:30 am and could not put the book down. Haven't had this good of a read in awhile.
Which as any of us now China or any ! major power would never let any high value project go with out giving chase, and what happened to General Chen????.
Ken Adams
Mar 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book

You cant put it down and walk Thank away. Masterly written. Can't wait to read another book by same author. Thank you.
Lawrence.Larsonmchsi.Com
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Aviation fiction at its best

Great combination of accurate aircraft systems detail, action packed and good human nature story. Fast paced but great description of scenes.
james piscioneri
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Excellent suspense and great story that keeps you from putting the book down and moves the technical part of the plot
Some Group Reading Guide Questions for Club 1 1 Nov 15, 2016 04:51PM

• Fight Fight (Raven One, #3)
  • Raven One (Raven One, #1)
  • Declared Hostile (Raven One, #2)
  • The Silver Waterfall
  • Carrier War: Authentic military action in a tense thriller (US Navy Historical Thrillers Book 2)
  • On Station: The final saga in the authentic military thriller series (US Navy Historical Thrillers Book 3)
  • Aluminum Rain (The Watson Saga #1)
  • High Desert Reflections
  • Pacific on Fire: Breathtaking Fighter Action Over Japan
  • The Legend of White 19 (The Watson Saga #3)
  • Red Flight, Break!: Gripping Fighter Action Over Europe in World War II
  • Final Bearing (Hunter Killer #1)
  • Operation Golden Dawn
  • Arabian Storm (Hunter Killer #5)
  • When Duty Whispers Low (The Todd Ingram Series Book 3)
  • Fast Attack (Hunter Killer #4)
  • Battle Stations: A heart-stoppingly realistic military thriller (US Navy Historical Thrillers Book 1)
  • Cuban Deep (Hunter Killer #3)
Lawrence A. Colby is the #1 AMAZON bestselling author of The Ford Stevens Military-Aviation Thriller Series. His books are published in over 12 countries and are enjoyed from the US and UK to India and beyond.

A former Marine Corps attack pilot and Air Force tactical pilot, he has worked and flown all over the globe. Over his 28-years in the military, he worked in locations from Iraq and Afghanista

Ford Stevens Military-Aviation Thriller (3 books)
  • The Black Scorpion Pilot: A Ford Stevens Military-Aviation Thriller
  • The Buffalo Pilot (Ford Stevens Military-Aviation Thriller #3)