Start by marking “One Sexy Mistake (Chase Brothers, #5)” as Want to Read:
One Sexy Mistake (Chase Brothers, #5)

One Sexy Mistake

(Chase Brothers #5)

Olivia Patton's life just imploded. One night with sexy hacker Grady Donovan seems like the perfect, ego-soothing plan—until an epic snowstorm shuts down the city and thwarts her morning-after escape. Now the only walk-of-shame she'll be taking is right back to Grady's door.

Forced to actually talk, Grady and Olivia realize they can't stand each other. Forget another round
Published November 28th 2016 by Entangled Publishing, LLC (Lovestruck)

To ask other readers questions about One Sexy Mistake, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Sexy Mistake

Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
****3.5 STARS****

This was a cute little book, about 130 pages or so. The plot is cute and I liked both H and h. This was my first book by Sarah Ballance and I enjoyed her writing style for this novella.

The way they meet is interesting and then finding out what they have in common makes you believe the universe really is at work putting people together.

You have two beautiful 20 something year olds who have been burned in their previous relationships and are looking for a distraction. But you know
Elaine
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
It may be 'One Sexy Mistake' but this is one great read! I'd loved the previous four books in this series, and other books by this author, so couldn't resist when I spotted this addition to the series. However, don't assume you need to have read any of the other books in the series to appreciate this one - you don't. I believe this will work well as a standalone though it may well tempt you to read the other books if you haven't done so already (and if you haven't, you've certainly been missing ...more
Irene
4 stars

One Sexy Mistake was a sweet, fun and entertaining read.

I enjoyed the storyline, it held my interest all throughout the book and the characters were likable and very relatable.
I loved watching their relationship develop, they made me smile and swoon and totally believing their feelings for each other.

description

One Sexy Mistake by Sarah Ballance is a quick, sweet and romantic read, and a wonderful addition to the Chase Brothers series!
Each book can be read as a standalone, and I highly recommend
Maria Rose
One Sexy Mistake is part of the Chase Brothers series but with a twist, as it features Grady, technically a Chase brother-in-law. His sister Estelle is the heroine of book 1 of the series, 5 Things I Love About You, who met Crosby Chase while housesitting for Grady in his New York apartment. That was the first of a delightfully fun and flirty series featuring various Chase siblings. But we’ve gone back to where it all began with a single man and a computer geek (err.. genius) Grady holed up in h ...more
Fizza
Nov 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
It's a sweet, fun, and quick read. I very much enjoyed reading it. Two computer geeks make one sexy mistake, or may be it isn't a mistake at all. Grady doesn't want a relationship. He is tired of demanding women hence he decides to use online app to hook up with someone he doesn't have to romance. So when he gets a reply from Olivia he can't believe his luck, Not only that she is on the same page as him but she happens to be gorgeous. Or may be that's not even her picture... He will have to wait ...more
Suze Lavender
Dec 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Olivia has lost almost everything she loved and to cheer herself up she wants to do something bold. A one night stand is something she's never experienced before and she thinks it will give her confidence a boost, so she's determined to try it. When she sees Grady's profile on Tinder she instantly knows he's the one she should hook up with. Grady is a professional hacker, like Olivia, and he isn't looking for anything long-term.

Grady isn't the romantic type, but he does like being with a woman.
Thamy
Nov 30, 2016 rated it liked it
Review based on an ARC provided by Netgalley. I want to also thank the publisher for giving me this opportunity.

A 3.5!

Forget the title, this was cute and funny and far from being a mistake!

Olivia and Grady seem to be perfect for each other: all they want is a one-night stand to avoid the complications from their previous relationships. It all goes perfectly fine until Olivia is forbidden from leaving Grady's apartment after being snowed in.

This was a very quick reading, it's short, it's simple a
Megi
Dec 09, 2016 rated it it was ok
Tinder, For one night stand. Rules are in the msg even before they meet. Both are super hot, sexually frustrated and both are not up for anything more than one night of sex. She goes to his house. First little uncomfortable then sex is great and next she leaves but can't as there is blizzard. She goes back and blah blah blah

It's not funny, it's not romantic, it has no story line but they end up in love somehow. It was not a good read. But sure a small and fast one. So you go figure. Maybe I am
The Book Junkie Reads . . .
Olivia Patton and her one night with sexy Grady Donovan was not quite all she anticipated. This quickie was a better read then her quick attempt to make a break after a one nighter that proves there is more than first impression. Olivia and Donovan have a reason to not like each other. Having to face each other and actually talk to each other brings about issues. This was lite fun read.
Tracy Kellies
May 03, 2017 rated it liked it
I am a sucker for a good romance but there's way too many clichés in this book for my liking. It's a bit predictable and I found the ending a bit of an overkill... Not my favourite book in the series...
Brittany
I received this from Netgalley/Publisher in exchange for an honest review. This is a book in the Chance brothers series. I really enjoyed this a great deal. It was a nice read. I just wasn't a huge fan of Grady in the beginning. He was kind of a big jerk. He got better though so that's nice.
Kristin
Nov 29, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
One Sexy Mistake is the first book in the Chase Brother's series that I've read. Actually, it's the first book by Sarah Ballance that I've read. The story sounded like an interesting read. I mean, how many times do you hook up with a complete stranger on a dating app, get snowed in at their place for 24 hours, and then find out they are the hacker that cracked your security program thus causing you to be fired from your job. Yeah, can't say I've read too many plots like this.

While I found One S
(Nat) Reading Romances

I haven’t read the previous books in this series and this is my first time reading Sarah Ballance. The story works well on its own. I love a geeky hero, and this novella has not only that but also a geeky heroine!

I really enjoyed the characters, they’re very likable and Olivia and Grady were well suited. It’s not as “they can’t stand each other”as the blurb describes, but more like there’s some misunderstandings between them.

The ending was a bit over the top to me, and I found the epilogue un
Bette Hansen
Nov 25, 2016 rated it really liked it
This was a really cute read. It's very well done and I enjoyed the characters a lot. For me though there wasn't anything that made this one stand out from all the others with this storyline. It is however an easy relaxing read that was entertaining.

Olivia Patton is a computer wiz. She just lost her job as a programmer because someone hacked in and pointed out all the deficiencies of her program. The problem was the program wasn't finished and shouldn't have been flagged as ready. Olivia and Grad
Angela
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Over all it was a really cute novella. I enjoy the other books in this series but that’s probably because they are full length stories. You don’t need to read the other books in this series as they are all standalones but I would recommend all the other books. One Sexy Mistake is a cute short light read. Olivia and Grady are supposed to hook up one time only but then they are stuck together in Grady’s apartment. Then they find out they really don’t care for one another except for the physical at ...more
Deniz
Nov 11, 2016 rated it really liked it
First up, I have never read anything by Ballance. To be honest, I kinda just liked the cover, and that's why I ended up reading the blurb... which sounded, well, super cute.
Which is why I ended up reading this. I know that this is book 5 in the series, but it does work as a standalone. And after reading it, I will rectify my oversight soon enough.

I was hoping for cute and fluffy with a splash of geek. And o boy did I get that and some.
It's very cute, super swoony and quite smoldering actually.
Alison
Three and a half stars.

I stopped reading this after two chapters and I have no idea why. Anyway, I got a release day reminder and decided I ought to 'piss or get off the pot' so I started reading and really enjoyed it.

Imagine what would happen if you use a hook-up app to find a one-night stand and then the weather turns nasty and you are forced to spend the next day together. Then imagine that one of you was the cause of the other losing their job. Awk-ward.

Grady Donovan is a white-hat hacker. H
Chanda Norman
Nov 13, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Wow, I really enjoyed reading this short, funny, sexy romance. Grady a hacker has tried romance before with bad results so he decides to go to a sex app for a one night stand. He finds Olivia's bio there and she is everything he is looking for.

Olivia is only looking for sex after losing her programming job and ex boyfriend a couple of months previous. A snowstorm stops her walk of shame and causes their one night stand to be extended. They just suit each other. They can laugh together, the sex i
Christin
Nov 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review.

I really loved this book, it was so interesting, fast paced and funny! And I mean the corny, corny ending? It was just brilliant.

Olivia, who is going through one of the toughest times of her life, decided to do something drastic... and it turns out fantastic, until it doesn't.

Grady... Grady is essentially bored, but when he meets Olivia, he shoves all his prior feelings about women, and relationships to the side, until she ends it.
Victoria Sturlini
WONDERFULLY ENTERTAINING STORY!!!

Loved this book! Such a cute, romantic, sexy, heartwarming story! These two were perfect together and add in Mortimer and you've got me hooked! Sarah is blessed with such a great sense of humor.... You can't help smiling at her humorous subtleties about life or laughing out loud at her very amusing way of describing various situations especially when it comes to the cat 🐱 Mortimer!!! I have really enjoyed this series tremendously and highly recommend it to anyone
Karen
Nov 27, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I have enjoyed each book in the Chase Brothers series and especially loved Grady and Olivia’s story. Imagine two computer geeks meeting on Tinder for a one night stand – what could go wrong? A whole lot as it turns out! This story contained lots of witty and sexy banter (Ms. Ballance is the Queen of this type of dialogue in my opinion), along with a ton of romance (no matter that Grady proclaims he doesn’t do “romance”!).

I highly recommend One Sexy Mistake – find a comfy chair, a beverage of cho
Madison  Monroe
Nov 28, 2016 rated it liked it
This story started out really weird for me to say the least, but it grabbed my attention. I am glad that I gave this book a chance because this story is really sweet. This book is about two computer hackers who find love on a dating app. Olivia is a computer hacker who was fired from her job because of her program being prematurely released by someone. To make matters worse, she is dumped by her boyfriend the next day. Wanting to have a no strings sexy one night stand, she meets Grady on line, w ...more
Vero Stro
Nov 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This is book 5 in the "Chase Brothers" Series and it was a great read. This novella is sweet, fun, entertaining, dynamic and much more!

Grady is a hacker who is tired of bad dating. He feels women always are trying to outshine their friends and dating is tiresome and unsatisfying. Olivia is also a hacker and she has lost her job and her boyfriend in the last two months. Both try dating online. They just want casual sex and a one night stand with no compromise...

Great read!

I voluntarily reviewed
Rhonda Ziglar
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
One Sexy Mistake by Sarah Ballance.....This was a quick sexy fun read. As always Sarah Ballance delivers for the perfect combination to hook you. I loved watching Grady and Olivia's story unfold. This is one great book you can escape in for a little while. I voluntarily reviewed an advance readers copy of this book.
RaeLatte
Oct 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing
ne Sexy Mistake is another spicy must read from Sarah Ballance

A snowstorm, a hook-up and a sexy computer geek.
While this is part of a series it can be read as a standalone and should be added to your e-reader today.
At 99 cents it's the perfect gift!

Be sure to check out the first book in this series - Five Things I Love About You at 99 cents too!
Camille Adams
3.5

This was good. Really funny in parts. Somewhat too saccharine and rushed towards the end.
Crissy
Aug 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
One sexy mistake, is an excellent read!!!!
Jade
Aug 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Perfect Ending

What a great short story. Grady was exactly how I imagined him and totally fell in love with his non-romantic heart.

Ended the chase brother series perfectly!
Krystle
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I rate novellas differently than novels, but that being said, I really loved this one and it's hard for me to really love novellas.
Heather
Nov 28, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This review contains SPOILERS.

Often, when a series goes to five books, the quality wavers or even tapers off, but that just didn't happen with this series – it is incredibly strong from start to finish. This book absolutely stands alone, but if you haven't read the other books in this series you really should because they are all great. Getting to know the Chase brothers will also make the moment that Grady looks over his shoulder for his brothers-in law even funnier than it already is.

As usual
« previous 1 3 next »

• Hooked (Fandom Hearts, #1.5)
  • Just a Girl
  • Lumbersexual
  • From Duke Till Dawn (The London Underground, #1)
  • A Gentleman's Game (Romance of the Turf, #1)
  • Going for Broke (Oakland Hills, #5)
  • Playing Knotty
  • Come Back to Texas (Twelve Beats in a Bar, #1)
  • Private Politics (The Easy Part, #2)
  • The First Move
  • Living in Secret (Forbidden Desires, #3)
  • My Only Sunshine
  • Stud
  • School Ties
  • All I Am (A Farmers' Market Story, #2)
  • Don't Lie to Me (Bad for You, #3)
  • Called Out (Calling It, #3)
  • Frozen (Northern Waste, #1.5)
Sarah and her husband of what he calls “many long, long years” live on the mid-Atlantic coast with their six young children, all of whom are perfectly adorable when they’re asleep. She never dreamed of becoming an author, but as a homeschooling mom, she often jokes she writes fiction because if she wants anyone to listen to her, she has to make them up. (As it turns out, her characters aren’t much ...more

Chase Brothers (5 books)
  • Five Things I Love About You  (Chase Brothers, #1)
  • For Seven Nights Only (Chase Brothers, #2)
  • The Three-Week Arrangement (Chase Brothers, #3)
  • The 48-Hour Hookup (Chase Brothers, #4)