Start by marking “The Last Straw (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Last Straw (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #3)

The Last Straw

(Diary of a Wimpy Kid #3)

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  102,921 ratings  ·  4,699 reviews
Let’s face it: Greg Heffley will never change his wimpy ways. Somebody just needs to explain that to Greg’s father. You see, Frank Heffley actually thinks he can get his son to toughen up, and he enlists Greg in organized sports and other "manly” endeavors. Of course, Greg is easily able to sidestep his father’s efforts to change him. But when Greg’s dad threatens to send ...more
Published January 1st 2009 by Amulet Books

·  102,921 ratings  ·  4,699 reviews

Trapper
Jun 29, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who likes comics(garfield, calvin and hobbes, etc.)
i want to read this book soooooooooooooo bad because the first 2 were pretty funny. i cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Megan
Jan 14, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I never tire of this series. I just think the humor is so right on! I read often that the book appeals to reluctant readers and I would seriously challenge that. It appeals to ALL readers in fifth grade. Let's face it, we were all a "Greg Heffley" in fifth grade. Unless of course you were a "Rowley" in which case, I am very sorry.
There was a part that had me seriously laughing so hard. (I am not giving anything away here, it will just be much funnier when you read it yourself) Greg had gone to
Beth
Mar 01, 2009 rated it it was ok
Recommends it for: Reluctant readers, graphic novel lovers
The wimpy kid books never fail to make me laugh. Kinney has a great sense of comic timing in these books and the pictures really do make the story what it is.

What bothers me about these books is the main character's attitude and the way he treats others. I hope that kids see that the reason Greg gets himself into trouble all the time is because of his attitude. Instead of looking up to him, it's my hope that kids who read this book say, "Man, if Greg just treated people with a little more respec
Ahmad Sharabiani
The Last Straw (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #3), Jeff Kinney
When Greg's father threatens to send Greg to a military academy, Greg must find a way to prevent this from happening.
تاریخ نخستین خوانش: بیست و دوم ماه سپتامبر سال 2012 میلادی
عنوان: خاطرات یک بیعرضه: جلد سوم، دفترچه سبز؛ نویسنده و تصویرگر: جف کینی؛ مترجم: ندا شادنظر؛ مشخصات نشر: تهران، ایران بان، چاپ نخست 1389، در 224 ص، مصور، فروست: خاطرات یک بیعرضه جلد 3، شابک جلد 3: 9789642980840؛ چاپ پنجم 1392؛ موضوع: داستانهای فکاهی مصور، دفترچه های خا
Rahaf Potrosh
المراجعة ..... لاحقاً
Namratha
May 10, 2011 rated it liked it
Shelves: humour, tween-time
Every once in a while you need a break from wizard boys, sparkling vampires, conspiracy theories, go-nowhere love stories, end-of-the-world page turners and the never ending stream of parallel worlds.

Every once in a while you need to forget that you are a full-blown adult whose literary tastes are mature and discerning and who, to put it mildly is a bit up-yourself.

Every once in a while, you need to escape into the world of a Wimpy middle-school Kid who is high on smarts and low on luck.

It’s tim
Mariℓina
Jan 18, 2015 rated it liked it
3,5 Stars.
I read this one, with my nine-year-old brother. He is such a big fan of the series and i always enjoy reading by his side.

This series is a highly entertaining collection of books that offer much laugh, but notably not much, educationally speaking.

That is not such a big deal, if you know exactly why you are reading a book. There are not all of them about inspiration and highly profound meanings. Some plain, simple fun is well needed too, and those books will provide just that.

Maybe if y
Archit Ojha
Jul 03, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks
If you've enjoyed Diary of a Wimpy Kid #1, you should definitely follow the series because it keeps getting hilarious with each installment.
Nandakishore Varma
Greg Heffley continues with his hilarious journal. It seems that he has now become accustomed to writing it, because there are no gripes about that in this book. Or maybe it is because he has much more serious things to worry about... like the school soccer team and military school.

Dad is determined to make a man out of Greg. Greg is quite happy to stay a wimp, playing with the latest video games and trying to impress the beautiful Holly Hills. However, being the kind of person he is, Greg finds
George Jankovic
Aug 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Greg, the main character of this incredibly funny series, is a middle schooler whose universe revolves around him. He was quite selfish in the first two books. But that was nothing. Greg is reaching the pinnacle of selfishness in this book. He always has an idea how to benefit himself even if it hurts someone else inclusing his best friend or family members. But there still is karma in the world (Greg doesn't know about it).

This might be the funniest book in the series so far. Loved it!

Enjoy!
Kevin Xu
Apr 05, 2011 rated it it was ok
This was my first trip into this series, I think this book was clever being the first of its kind, but I think overall this book has a lot of problems. For example, the biggest I have with this book is that is gives more reasons for kids today to not read a real book, a chapter book with no pictures. Second the main character, Greg, I like the kid who plays him in the movie, but in the book I find him to a self centered, self fish, most of all lazy kid who takes advantage of his best friend, Row ...more
Hiba Arrame
Meh! Not bad, I always get through these real quick, but it wasn't funny or anything, and Greg really gets on my nerves sometimes. Especially when it comes to how he treats Rowley.
Amy
Feb 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
I heard about this series from NPR and decided to get the first one for my boy. I'm glad I got it. It's honest, clever, funny, and sweet without being nauseatingly so. I understand the character and his "uniquenesses". He reminds me of Charlie Brown except for one major difference. The main character accepts himself without all the self depricating self-analyzation.

"I am the best person I have ever known." I love nerds.
Lori
Apr 01, 2009 rated it really liked it
Typical mayhem ensues, Gregory and Rodrick and the rest of the Heffley family yuck it up as the "wimpy kid" continues to behave in the same self-serving manners which could possibly land him in military school.

I think this is a cute series, just right for my oldest sons age group. Not only is it funny, but at times we find ourselves stopping and discussing what a spoiled rotten kid Greg is!!
Anna
Oct 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Γελάω πολύ με το σπασικλάκι μας... Μπορεί η εφηβεία του ώρες ώρες να είναι κόλαση, αλλά τα λέει χαριτωμένα! Τουλάχιστον γλίτωσε τη στρατιωτική σχολή για το καλοκαίρι.. Θα έλεγα ότι θα μπορούσε να γίνει ήρωας του Big Bang Theory, αλλά με τους βαθμούς που φέρνει ο ρόλος του θα ήταν του ιδιοκτήτη από το μαγαζί με τα comic...
Aj the Ravenous Reader
May 15, 2014 rated it really liked it
Fun and easy read, entertaining and light- it's a book you can take not too seriously. It's something you can rely on during quick breaks or waiting for a ride.
ياسمين ثابت

نفس الفكرة عملتها

حاجات كتير فعلا مريت بيها بتفكرني بنفسي جدا وانا صغيرة
بحب السلسلة دي اوي
[Shai] Bibliophage
Actual rating: 4.5 (round off to 5)

I was torn between giving this 4 and 5 stars so I thought I just rate it in between. I like this series but this particular installment didn't make me burst out laughing, unlike the first two books. This issue tackles Greg's being wimpy in sports and being not man enough so I can't relate that much. Maybe male readers and followers of this series could appreciate this 3rd book.
nicole
Jan 13, 2009 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 7up, lol, 2009
DEEEELIGHTFUL. Favorite parts: Shel Silverstein boogeyman (amazing), hiding-under-the-blanket-next-to-his-dad-when-the-phone-rings (so easy to picture actually happening, so dumb, so annoying, so funny), and the image of Greg in his glasses, Rowley in his ...spaceman suit? and Mrs. Heffley in the front seat of the car. Kids are so ridiculous, and their parents just let 'em be.
Monica:)
Mar 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
this book is cool
Connor Southern
Diary of a Wimpy kid The Last Straw:I learned that if you're going to stand over a vent with a robe on, lock the door.Never burry money in a time capsle.And never go to a sleepover with a friends kerate classmates.The main character is Greg Hefley,a boy that is writing in a diary/journal and tells all about his life in words and pictures.His big brother Rodrick is always torchering Greg by hiding all of the phones when Greg needs to make a call.His little brother Many always drives Greg crazy by ...more
Jessica
Mar 26, 2013 rated it really liked it
These books are just so hilariously honest. Greg is kind of horrible, but so is everyone around him. Really loved the fake swear words in this one: Plastic raspberry tickle bear!
Shayantani Das
Mar 04, 2012 rated it really liked it
Goodness! I have been chanting for sooo long that I will write all my pending reviews after exam. But I just can not stop devouring books!!!
It feels so good to just hold the novels in my hand and not inside a textbook in a respectable time of the day unlike 2 in the night. Plus, I hate having unread books in my shelf. It feels so good to see its size depleting.
Arghh, okay, I promise, 3 days of wild, carnal book reading marathon and then I am done.
Fizzgig76
Jan 13, 2009 rated it liked it
Greg Heffley and his family are back and Greg is trying to get up the courage to ask out a girl while trying to keep himself out of military school. The new Wimpy Kid is enjoyable and more of the same. That isn't a bad thing, but it would have been nice have more of an explosive ending like the others. The part about Shel Silverstein made me laugh because I remember thinking the same thing from his picture on the back of Where the Sidewalk Ends.
Kata Bel Air
Nov 15, 2008 rated it it was ok
I was surprised to find out that this book was not nearly as good as the first two Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. I did not enjoy as much as the other two because the humor that kept me hooked was almost completely gone and the book was more focused on getting the attention of a girl. i hope the next book will be better.
S.Baqer Al-Meshqab
Nov 18, 2016 rated it liked it
I shall write a comprehensive review for all books upon completion of the series.
Thar Lun Myat
Jun 03, 2015 rated it it was amazing
This book is the the 3rd book that Jeff Kinney wrote in all his "Diary of a Wimpy Kid"s . It's actually more interesting than the first 2.

Greg was finally planning what to do in his summer holiday because summer is in the next 5 weeks. All he plans to do mainly is to play the game "Twisted Wizard 2" and get close to a girl named Holly Elizabeth Hills. But his dad, Frank Heffley, heard the rumors about his plans and didn't appreciate it. He told Greg that he needed to be more strong like the oth
Edward Ledesma
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Diary of a wimpy kid was about a boy named Greg Heffley that has the worst life.First he makes a new year resolution but it doesn't work out.Then he has to join a soccer team but he really is bad at it so his dad makes go to a boot camp for all of summer so he wants to make the most of the time he has.I like this book because it gives a lot of detail and fells like your really there in the book.I would recommend this book who like to laugh at people.
Jason
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
This instalment in the series wasn't particularly great, nothing new all very similar to the previous books.

What happens in this one, Greg avoids doing laundry, Greg fancies a girl, Greg is rude, Greg is mean, Greg doesn't learn any lessons but all works out in the end.

Warning, this book does feature the word Ploopy....thought I'd mention it incase you are crazy easily offended.

My daughter really enjoyed this one though. Don't think many parents are going to get much out of it.
Malbadeen
Jul 01, 2009 rated it really liked it
My son recommended these books to me.
My son is 9.
My son has been surfing with his dad in San Diego for a week and a half now.
When I finished the 2nd book I called and him told my favorite part was when the grandpa handed Greg his false teeth.
My son cracked up and said that was his favorite part too.
I miss my son so friggen much I feel like crying!

Book summary 1 2 Jan 09, 2019 08:32PM
Why is Greg so dumb (most of the time) 7 56 Dec 06, 2017 03:23PM
  • Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Harry Potter, #7)
  • Can Adults Become Human?
  • The Secret of the Fortune Wookiee  (Origami Yoda, #3)
  • Captain Underpants and the Perilous Plot of Professor Poopypants (Captain Underpants, #4)
  • Babymouse Burns Rubber (Babymouse, #12)
  • Big Nate: From the Top
  • Valley Of The Giant Skeletons (Geronimo Stilton, #32)
Jeff Kinney is an author of children's books including Diary of a Wimpy Kid book series. Jeff was born in College Park, Maryland, in 1971 where he created a comic strip called "Igdoof."He also created the children's website 'Poptropica'.

Diary of a Wimpy Kid (1 - 10 of 14 books)
  • Diary of a Wimpy Kid (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #1)
  • Rodrick Rules (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #2)
  • Dog Days (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #4)
  • The Ugly Truth (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #5)
  • Cabin Fever (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #6)
  • The Third Wheel (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #7)
  • Hard Luck (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #8)
  • The Long Haul (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #9)
  • Old School (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #10)
  • Double Down (Diary of a Wimpy Kid, #11)
“There was this book Dad used to read to me every night called "The Giving Tree." It was a really good book, but the back of it had a picture of the author, this guy named Shel Silverstein.
But Shel Silverstein looks more like a burglar or a pirate than a guy who should be writing books for kids.
Dad must have known that picture kind of freaked me out, because one night after I got out of bed, Dad said: "IF YOU GET OUT OF BED AGAIN TONIGHT, YOU'LL PROBABLY RUN INTO SHEL SILVERSTEIN IN THE HALLWAY."
That really did the trick, Ever since then, I STILL don't get out of bed at night, even if I really need to use the bathroom.”
111 likes
“I didn't really know what to expect from detention but when I waked into the room, the first thought I had was, I don't belong in here with these future criminals.” 108 likes