Start by marking “Grow Up Messy” as Want to Read:
Grow Up Messy

Read Book* *Different edition

Grow Up Messy

Childhood is considered to be the best time of one’s life. What if you get a chance to live it once more with a five-year-old?
Misry, a naughty five-year-old girl, lives with her parents in a B.S.F border outpost near Indo-Bangladesh border. But with no schools and friends she feels very lonely. She tries to befriend some local village kids. But they find her incompetent in
ebook
Published December 10th 2016 by Smashwords Edition

To ask other readers questions about Grow Up Messy, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Grow Up Messy

Start your review of Grow Up Messy
Devika Fernando
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don’t often read children’s books, but off and on, I’ll make an exception for a friend. And I’m glad I gave “Grow Up Messy” a chance, because it is a delightful read that manages to capture an adult’s attention and even heart just as easily as a child’s.

The story follows five-year-old Misry alias Messy through her life, giving us glimpses of her daily routine and the family dynamics as well as offering startling and sparkling surprises of a child’s mind. The author manages to make the book ent
Nilima
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
#GrowUpMessy #ChildrensFiction #Childhood

Do you remember incidents from your childhood days? They usually leave a grin on your face. Those were days of unlimited time, play, friends, innocence, curiosity...
Paromita Goswami's book: Grow up Messy gave me that grin and curiosity of waiting to see what Misry aka Messy was up to next.
Messy's characterisation is superbly penned. You can imagine her in real life enacting the episodes from the book. Loved that she is tough (wont call her tomboy) and swe
Kaushal Gupta
Apr 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Please visit http://www.guptakaushal.in/2017/04/bo... to read the complete review of the book.

Childhood, is that phase of the human life where almost everything is beautiful, everything is simple, everything is carefree, childhood is a stage when almost everything, be it a habit, preference, mental or physical development can be shaped up and molded in a way, one would want.

First of all, is Grow Up Messy a book for kids? Yes, it is an ideal read for kids and a great one to be read along with kid
Kavita
Jun 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A heartwarming read!!
I have fallen in love with Misry aka Messy! I am reading a children's book after a really really long time. Reading one story after another from the book have back that warm feeling in our hearts that u get when we think of our own childhoods. I am sure Misry must have grown up in the eighties. It is such a refreshing read for children of this age who have totally different life experiences.
This book can be read completely in one stretch or also good to read story by story e
Anuradha Gupta
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Grow up Messy! by Paromita Goswami is the tale of a Bong child, Misry aka Messy, a little 5 yo, and her exploits in and around the places her army dad is posted. The story set in the 1980s, is divided into 3 parts, each giving a description of the girl’s stay at the border outpost, the headquarters and her dadu’s house.

Misry, is the daughter of Madhavi and Anurag, an officer in the BSF. Currently Anurag is posted at the border outpost in West Bengal, with only his family in the camp along with h
Siddhangana
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s
I won't say I don't read children's books. If I chance upon a good children's fiction I dive right into it, simply because I find them richer in imagination.

Grow Up Messy is a heart warming story which reminded me parts of my childhood having born and brought up in a 2nd tier city of Bengal. Misry's escapades during afternoon hours truly made me connect with her. How many afternoons I must have spent doing the same! How much patience my mother would have shown to tolerate my disobedience.

Right
Kala Ravi Sarathy
Jan 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A delightful, heart-warming book that traces the journey of an impish little girl, Misry aka Messy. The stories are set in eastern India and carry a waft of the rural, simple life of an era gone by. Misry is impetuous, curious and often rebellious and one cannot help but fall in love with this adorable child's antics. The parents have been essayed so realistically, one can readily identify with their dismay, tenderness, annoyance and more in response to their little daughter's ventures. The lang ...more
Dola Singh
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 52bookpact
Cute, fun read ideal for reading wth your child.

What a cute coming of age story! The adventures of Messy had me and my 10 yr old son rolling on the floor in no time. While Messy mostly behaved like the 5 year old she is, her courage during difficult times, esp when she was lost, was a real lesson for my son too. I loved how Ms. Goswami took me back to my childhood. I especially loved the Bengali connection.

Great writing, great editing and a cutesy cover.
Deepti
Jul 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How is it possible not to fall in love with a five-year old named Misry, who ends up being called Messy because she is anything but tidy? Her many endearing traits make her adorable, but she has her moments of mischief that get her into trouble often. Befriending children who are older than herself, asking crazy questions and craving the company of children apart from her cousin, Raju, Messy has a mind of her own which makes her do exactly what she wants to do. She is fearless, and does not shri ...more
Mahathi Ramya
LitPick Book Reviews
Grow Up Messy! is about a little girl named Misry whom everyone has nicknamed Messy, as she usually makes a mess out of things. Misry lives in India where her father is a soldier. A few things that cause messes are that she tries to prove she is as good as the older kids, swim on her own, fight on the bus, and defend herself by spitting! With the help of her mom, dad, aunt, and principal, she learns how to grow up – but not messy!

Opinion:
This book had me giggling at points because of the silly
A.
Jul 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
How many times in your childhood have you been told ‘grow up’, ‘when will you behave like a grown up?’ or how many times you hear yourself saying this to your kid?
Grow up Messy is a collection of innocent, day-to-day happenings of a 5-year old, cute bubbly girl, Misry, who has the tendency of messing up every situation she lands up into. So people have nicknamed her Messy instead.
Children are innocent. Their point of viewing any situations or reaching any conclusion and reacting to it are dif
Shivani Agrawal
Jul 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I generally don’t read children books but there was something engaging in the title which made me sign up for the blog tour, that’s how impulsive I am (till date :P), but I am glad I picked this book. It will be a roller coaster ride filled with innocence, your childhood.
BLURB
Childhood is considered to be the best time of one’s life.
What if you get a chance to live it once more with a five-year-old?
Sunita Saldhana
Paromita Goswami’s book, “Grow up, Messy!”is about a precocious five year old, Misry.

Misry is a little moppet who captures your heart with her jest for life and falling into trouble.

The book is set not in the world of today’s kids but at a time when owning a television was a huge event; a time when it was safe for a five year old girl to roam around the village by herself. It brought back all the memories of a childhood spent decades ago.

However, though the book is meant for kids, there are par
Preethi Venugopala
What I liked most about the book is Messy's innocence. My son is almost her age and hence Messy felt real. The doubts, mischieves and of course the insecurities when a younger sibling arrives are all so nicely described. Poor Messy is asked to grow up by everyone. I liked it when her parents ask her not to grow up in one of the chapters where she dresses up as a bride.
Loved it.
Ruchira Khanna
Sep 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely loved how Misry explored various dimensions to have fun. The author has portrayed her as a fun loving child, and absolutely loved the way the author ended each chapter with a "Grow up/Don't grow up" ...more
Amita Sehrawat
It was so so. Nothing great but it earned a star for making me think of my kids and their innocence at some places.
Arti
Jun 22, 2017
Subhajit Das
Nov 22, 2018
Paromita Goswami
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Brenda Knight
Chandrika K
Aug 27, 2017
Teddy O'Malley
Jan 04, 2018

• The Prince's Special Bride: Royal Romance (Romancing the Royals Book 1)
  • Just me, the Sink & the Pot
Paromita Goswami is a writer and storyteller by passion and a rebel by choice. She says the world is full of stories and as a writer she loves to pen them down. Her work is not genre specific. From literary fiction to children book to upcoming paranormal thriller and women fiction Paromita Goswami‘s books offer the variety of life to her readers. Besides writing, she is also the founder of reading ...more

News & Interviews