Start by marking “His Fairy Godfather” as Want to Read:
His Fairy Godfather

His Fairy Godfather

Since the death of his father, Trick Grigsby has fought to keep his head above water. Following in his father’s footsteps as a talented architect, he hopes to work his way up at the firm. Unfortunately, the company’s new owner barely resembles the man who was once Trick’s father’s best friend. Trick’s days are filled with drudgery and cruel remarks from the man who was sup ...more
Published December 9th 2016 by Dreamspinner Press

To ask other readers questions about His Fairy Godfather, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about His Fairy Godfather

Start your review of His Fairy Godfather
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
Holy cuteness, batman! This book is so adorable and fluffy, I can't even.

Poor Trick has been slaving away for his mean boss and the boss's two incompetent sons (biggest douchebags EVER) for ten years. Trick is an architect, but he's used as a general gopher and punching bag. He cleans, fetches lunch, and is forced to work on his days off.

He puts up with it because his father built the architectural firm from the ground up, and now that his dad is gone it's the one thing that makes Trick feel
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
Sugary, sugary sweet holiday story.

His Fairy Godfather was an easy, pleasant read, even if it didn't wow me.

Trick (gah, hated that name), was beaten down and weary, working in an abusive environment, and poor as dirt. I honestly didn't get why he stayed at his hellish job (yeah, I know the reasons in the book), because his work life was just THAT extreme. Enter in Edwin, the fairy godfather-in-training.

Edwin was a cute, albeit somewhat sex-less character for me, with all of his child-like innoc
Jewel
3.5 Stars

His Fairy Godfather was massively cute and sparkly. And who wouldn't want a little bit of magic in their lives?

Trick Grigsby has been slaving away at what used to be his father's architectural firm, since his father's death 10 years ago. Now the firm is being run by the man that was his father's best friend and partner, but, Mr. Redden is more like Mr. Scrooge, only more of a jerk. Trick puts up with the man and his sons only because of his father's memory and his hopes of buying in as
Susan
Dec 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, christmas
Super fluff! Just what I needed.

I loved this modern day Cinderfella story. It was fun (and sad) to read about what Trick had to endure with his boss and the boss’ two evil sons. I thought it was genius how the authors came up with the idea to make Trick even more of a Cinderella when he was forced to clean the entire office, plus bathrooms.

I also fell very much in love with sweet, awkward fairy godfather in training, Edwin. He was just adorable. I loved how happy he was all the time.

I really wan
Breann
Adorably flufftastic! I wanted something light and fun and that's exactly what was delivered. A cute Cinderfella story, complete with an evil step-dad type figure and a fairy godfather.

Christelle
**3.5 stars** : I needed a light and fluffy read, and “good fairy”, I got it.

I’m going to be very lazy and point out to Dani’s review because she said it all and so accurately.

Suffice to say : it’s a sweet and sexy (and hot) fairytale which left me with a goofy smile on my face.

PS : Thank you, Jewel, for this so cute gift !!!
Nico Jaye
Nov 13, 2016 marked it as wrote-it-o__o-gasp  ·  (Review from the author)
Really excited for you guys to meet Trick and Edwin on December 9th!

Available now via Dreamspinner Press (https://www.dreamspinnerpress.com/boo...) and soon to be available everywhere. :)
Karen
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
3.5 sprinkles of fairy dust rounded up to 4 sprinkles because still no 1/2 sprinkles here on GR and fairy dust is much prettier anyways.

A new spin on an old tale...

'His Fairy Godfather' gives the tale of Cinderella an entirely new look. It's every bit as cute as the Disney version and a whole lot sexier.

Patrick 'Trick' Grigsby is our Cinderella and while he doesn't have an evil stepmother and sisters. He does have a nasty piece of work boss with two total idiots for sons. Patrick or 'Trick'
Chris
Dec 10, 2016 rated it liked it
A cute Cinderella story with Trick playing the role of cinders. Edwin travels from the fairy realm to develop his skills and in the end falls for Trick after an accidental meeting. This was cute & sweet but I found myself drifting a little- I actually enjoyed their friendship more than their romance ...more
Sheri
Dec 30, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I’ve made the holiday plunge and have been submerging myself in sweet stories and this has been my favorite this year so far! I’m a huge fan of Nico and enjoy Cate as well, and together their styles mesh splendidly. I haven’t read much fantasy lately and this reminded me how much fun a great fantasy escape can be. Real world and make-believe world are woven together in this dreamy story and it was executed magnificently.

Edwin is struggling to complete his ‘fairy godfather training’ and is given
Jennifer☠Pher☠
Dec 22, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, tis-the-season
Lovely.

This hit every single one of my I love Fairy Tales feelings.

Every. Single. One.

These were two characters that I could read about more and more and not get bored.

So good.
Pianka *call me PIU*
Dec 04, 2016 rated it really liked it

“His Fairy Godfather” is a refreshingly quirky and feel-good rendition of the classic fairytale “Cinderella”. The twist being, our “cinderfella” falling in love with his Fairy Godfather (in training) and not with prince Charming. So you can guess it’s going to be fun. This story is the best kind of fluff with lots of sweet and lovey moments leading to a beautiful HEA.

Trick is an architect and has been slaving away as a punching bag for his asshole boss and his incompetent twin sons for
Joyfully Jay
Dec 21, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kirsty

A Joyfully Jay review.

5 stars

His Fairy Godfather is a wonderful book that seamlessly blends Cate Ashwood and Nico Jaye’s writing styles and I became completely absorbed in this world of magical reality. The story is constructed of so many different elements, including romance, fairy tale influences, humor, and friendship. From the outset of the story it is clear that Trick is playing the role of Cinderella with Mr. Redden as the evil stepmother and Jasper and Leif as the ugly step-sisters! I lo
Leaundra
Dec 14, 2016 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed it, but at the beginning Trick drove me out of my mind. He was such a doormat it was hard to read and to even feel bad for him. The way he allowed his boss and his sons to talk and treat him anyway. I thought Edwin was so sweet and I enjoyed seeing him enjoy the mortal world and falling in love with Trick.
Morgan  Skye
Nov 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
In this story we get a 100% sugar rush! There is nothing about this that tries to be realistic. It’s just fun and fantastical.

Patrick is the “Cinderella” in this story and Edwin is the “fairy Godmother”. Trick (he hates his full name) has two evil work partners and one evil boss who used to be partners with his beloved father. He sticks around only for his father’s memory and suffers for it.

Edwin isn’t learning his godfather lessons well enough, despite his lineage, so he’s sent to earth to get
Lori
Nico Jaye and Cate Ashwood. Bring on the cinnamon flavoured Christmas smuff!

Absolutely adorable. A perfect read for this time of year... or anytime of year. Edwin is so damn lovely, I wish he was my fairy godfather too. And Trick is just the kind of hero I like. He's nice, an asset that is seriously underrated in romance stories. I needed this book so much today. Thanks ladies.
Daniel Mitton
Dec 05, 2016 rated it it was amazing
(Originally reviewed for Love Bytes Reviews.)

I can’t even tell you how much I enjoyed this cute modern retelling of the Cinderella story. These two ladies took the age-old story, and rethought it…complete with a gay Fairy Godfather. It was a fun read, and I honestly didn’t put it down once.

Trick Grigsby is the Cinderella character in this story. His father’s business partner took over their architectural design firm when Trick’s father died, without a will and leaving Trick nothing. The former b
Lena Grey
Dec 15, 2016 rated it it was amazing
“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is a goodness, and where there is goodness, there is magic.” ~ Cinderella (Walt Disney Productions)

When his father's business is left entirely to his business partner, Trick, of 'His Fairy Godfather' by Cate Ashwood and Nico Jaye, Trick isn't bitter about it. He worshiped his father; he assumes that, since his dad's partner has more experience, it's a wise business decision. Trick becomes an architect while working for his dad's partner an
Les Joseph
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
If you are looking for something sweet, fluffy and will make your heart as gooey as a warm sugar cookie, look no farther than His Fairy Godfather written by Cate Ashwood and Nico Jaye. I can't begin to tell you how much I adored this book! I pretty much started smiling from the first page and didn't stop until I got to the end ... and that happy, feel good feeling stayed with me long after, too. I'm telling y'all, this book could be one of those holiday movies that you wait and wait all year for ...more
Tamika♥RBF MOOD♥
It took me FOREVER to read this book. I was absolutely bored the first half of the book. Well, no I liked the whimsical notion that Edwin was and all he did, but it still took a long time for anything romantic to happen. I did enjoy them becoming friends first. So I would probably classify this as a slow burn. Don't get me wrong here this was super sugary sweet fluff. I mean, even me being irritated couldn't take the smile off my face when reading it. Edwin make life so much easier and happier b ...more
Ali
Nov 30, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
A Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words Review An Alisa Review:

Rating: 4 stars out of 5

This was an adorably sweet story. Trick has been working himself to the bone for his father’s former business partner, trying to save up enough to own some of the business his father helped start. Edwin has had some trouble completing his godparent lessons and his mother decides it’s best for him to get some practical experience.

Edwin meets Trick by chance when Trick save him from a taxi and immediately knows he
Chumchum_88
Mar 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: secret-santa
This book was super duper fluffy like u won't believe it XD

- The story was literally Cinderella-based with the evil "step-father" and evil "step-brothers" though here it was the boss and his sons

- I liked how gullible and sweet Edwin was he was literally adorable and so innocent

- I liked how no matter how Trick tried he couldn't resist being sweet and nice to Edwin.

- I liked the parts when they toured the city it was nice

- I loved the part when Edwin confessed his identity to Trick and Trick's
Riina Y.T.
Cute.

Edwin was adorable. I liked Trick, although he was a bit on the sour-side and all that.

I enjoyed the first half a lot more than the second.
Felt like the story somehow lost its magic along the way :(

There were certain moments I was looking forward to happen (because you kinda know they're going to happen) and when they did, it was different than anticipated; less exciting.

There was no real build up, in my eyes, which I find incredibly sad because otherwise it was a really nice story!
Erica
Nov 16, 2017 rated it liked it
Sweet! I usually have a problem with antagonists who fall into the "evil for no apparent reason" category, but the fairy-tale-ness of this made it a little more acceptable. I also liked the fact that this is more of a full-length story when so many Holiday themed books are so short.
Cecilia Rodriguez
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it

Lori S.
Dec 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Not bad, though it loses steam about halfway and relies on too many sex scenes after that halfway point to push the story along so it got boring quickly.
Marion
Dec 29, 2016 rated it really liked it
Adorable! A wonderful, fluffy holiday read! I love modern fairy tales and this retelling of Cinderfella was so well done!
Josy
~ 3.5 stars ~
Katherine
Nov 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Such a wonderful book, with just the right mix if innocence and magic along with passion and fire!

Trick seems like the average New Yorker on the outside but he isn't entirely jaded. Sure, he isn't exactly welcoming, but he does save Edwin's life the first time they meet, and he really is kind to everyone he works with. Trick has been the saving grace to the architectural firm he has worked at for the past decade, smoothing over things with clients, building favours with the common workers in oth
Anja
Jan 01, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lgbtqia
3.5

I love fairy tales, and I love fairy tale retellings. So I couldn't help but reading this Cinder(f)ella story. And it didn't disappoint. It was sweet and fun and magical (with wands and wands *wiggles eyebrows* and the whole fairy godmother, erm, godfather shebang) and I enjoyed it very much, but it didn't wow me like it should or could have.

I blame Trick (and why he was so fond of this violation of his name is beyond me). I mean, I get the whole "poor thing gets treated like shit by (quasi)

• The Dichotomy of Angels
  • Fall Through Spring (Winter Ball, #3)
  • Mr. Right Now
  • My Fair Brady
  • The Virgin Manny (The Mannies, #1)
  • Stand by Your Manny (The Mannies, #3)
  • Manny Get Your Guy (The Mannies, #2)
  • But He’s a Man (Roman & Cesar #1)
  • Caulky (Four Bears Construction, #1)
  • IRL: In Real Life (After Oscar, #1)
  • Summer Lessons (Winter Ball, #2)
  • Nailed (Four Bears Construction, #2)
  • Derek
  • Let It Sew
  • Winter Ball (Winter Ball #1)
  • Princess Princess Ever After
  • Superhero
  • Out of the Shadows
Cate discovered her love for books of all kinds early on, but romance is where her heart truly lies. She is addicted to the happily ever afters and the journey the characters take to get there. Currently residing in British Columbia, Cate loves living just a stone's throw from the water. When she's not writing, she can be found consuming coffee at an alarming rate while wrangling her children, her ...more

News & Interviews