Start by marking “Switch” as Want to Read:
Switch

Switch

Greg is worried about his best friend Kyle. Kyle's life seems to be spiraling out of control. Greg doesn't mind picking up the pieces, but his normally smart, ambitious and good-looking friend seems more distracted than usual after his last break-up. And he's starting to get annoyed at Greg trying to lend him a hand.
What Greg doesn't realize is that Kyle is keeping
Kindle Edition, 1st Edition, 22 pages
Published November 14th 2016 by Half Past Three

To ask other readers questions about Switch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Switch

Start your review of Switch
Barbara➰
Eh...it was okay. Way too short, no sexy times and both guys keeping secrets. But hey, it was free.
Aղցela W.
This was a short quick read that I wished was longer. I felt that this book was missing a lot what each character looks like was one of them. Greg and Kyle are best friends and Greg is worried about Kyle is life is spiraling out of control. Greg a nice guy with a self-esteem problem. I wanted to know why and if they are best friends why are they keeping secrets from each other. The book was well written with no errors in grammar or spelling.
Tana
Nov 24, 2016 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m-romance
Switch by L.M. Langley

This is the first time I've read a book written by L.M. Langley, the writing was very good, easy to read and the story flowed very well. For a book that way only 22 pages it was an enjoyable read.

This story is about 2 best friends Greg and Kyle, both of them have secrets that they haven't shared with one another and for some reason they seem to each hold back a small piece of themselves from the other. Their friendship is important to both of them and Kyle will do anything
Bárbara
Oct 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Cute friends-to-lovers.
It was a bit predictable and way too short, but I had fun, and that's what matters.
Kazza
Nov 28, 2016 rated it liked it
3.5 Stars. I really want half stars on here.
This is a short story with so much potential, it just needed to be longer and edited more tightly. Very sweet. Very cute, with a decent message - although, once again, longer would have been better.
Friends discovering something more about one another. I can't say anything more or it takes the wind out of the sails of the story.
Oh, and it's also free.
Jennifer Oliveira
Plot twist vs forced relationship I didn't believe in, not for a second
hum
it's a solid 3 star short story
it was sweet and entertaining, i needed it
(also it counts as a book towards the goodreads challenge, which i'm already behind, even though it's like 20 something pages long...yep i'm a cheap cheat)
Jordan
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: alphabookclub
4/5 Star Feel-Good M/M Romance.

I haven’t read many books by L.M. Langley, but I’m always surprised when I pick up a new book. I love the way she describes her characters. She makes it extremely easy to connect with them and understand them even in short stories. This book was only 22 pages, but I closed it knowing that page 22 wasn’t the end of the story for Greg and Kyle.

And speaking of Greg and Kyle, these two characters had so much chemistry! Right from the beginning, their interactions had
Anke
Jan 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Well, this was rather peculiar. The beginning gave me some problems as I really didn't like Greg very much. The second half was nice and even Greg grew on me, although the happy ending came a bit too fast. Anyway - I'll stick to perhaps 3.5 stars.
Alex (Briennai)
Aug 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Greg is starting to worry about his friend Kyle, who seems to have made a habit of sleeping with a different man every night. He doesn't want him to get hurt, and he doesn't want Kyle to hurt himself by drinking too much and getting into trouble. Usually when things get like this, Greg tries to help Kyle get back on his feet. Now, Kyle is rejecting his help and seems to be hiding something. If this secret got out, it could change both of their lives forever. If Kyle continues to be secretive, ...more
Benedikt  (Benesbookblast)
A lot happens in this short book, but i dont know what to think about it. The many twists where a little unnatural for me. Maybe if the book was longer, with more character and relationship development, this story would sound more believable?

However this was a realy easy read and i needed it after a long day of studying.
Lelyana
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mm, 2017, free, from-author

Surprisingly a good adorable short friends to lovers story.
If only Gregg and Kyle had their 'talk' a while ago and not just assuming.
Sigh.
Derreck
Dec 18, 2017 rated it really liked it
Greg and Kyle both have a secret, and it isn't just about having feelings for each other.

A cute, short read, though I wish it could've been longer, and it felt a bit rushed towards the end.
Britt
This was cute! Recommend to anyone wanting to read a funny, short love story :)
Shirley (Secret Squirrel)
This had potential to be really great if it wasn't so short. Everything was rushed 2.5
Grady
Jul 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
“He was totally normal and super nice, and like, ridiculously hot.”

Florida author L.M. (Lina) Langley is a first-generation immigrant. Though her biographical data offered suggests that ‘her past is haunted by spies, thieves, tyrants, and murderers’, she is more than capable of writing brief but pungent short novellas that ring of solid romantic values.

Lina quickly dips us into her characters she has created before the story per se begins – ‘I try not to make it a habit to stay up after midnight
Natalie Cannon
Oct 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtwip-friends
Switch is the second free novella I've read from Lina Langley, after meeting her through Twitter's #LGBTWIP event. It was a lovely little friends-to-lovers read.

In this slice-of-life novella, the hard working, "if I keep my head down, nothing bad will happen, right?" Greg worries for Kyle, his best friend. Kyle has not kept his head down, so to speak, since he came out as gay years ago. In the intervening years of their friendship, Greg has watched Kyle get burned by homophobia and an abusive
K
Nov 26, 2016 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars
If you are looking for a feel good story and if you like *FREE reads, I would definitely recommend picking up this delight.

Although Switch, by L.M. Langley, is not her first published book, she is a new author to me and I really enjoyed this very sweet and fast paced story about Kyle and Greg, who are best friends, and who go about—at least one of them drinking in excess and the other using coded text messages—to driving each other crazy and keeping secrets from each other.

Kyle has no
Princess Smith
Dec 13, 2017 rated it liked it
Short... and... I got nothing.

The characters are two dimensional and juvenile. Once the long-term friendship was established I felt the continuous text messaging redundant. It's a short story, but that's no excuse for it to be so uneventful, uninspiring. These guys just revealed their love for each other with not a firework in sight. One star for the effort, one for the potential and one for that lovely cover! I wouldn't be opposed to reading an expanded version. Tim could make it interesting!
Jeff
Aug 10, 2018 rated it liked it
A nice, short story that I read in one sitting. Two good friends, both with secrets to reveal-- will the reveal change their relationship forever? For a short story, there is a lot crammed in to a few pages. It left me with a lot of questions as to the author's thoughts in going the direction she went. Characters would have benefited from more backstory.
Bobbi
Feb 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Switch by L. M. Langley. This is a short sweet m/m friends to more story. I really enjoyed this short story. I would love to read a story like this only longer. This is the first book I’ve read by this author I enjoyed it so much I’m going to read another short story by her that I have in my TBR list.
Linda
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Short and sweet

Enjoyable, short enough to finish during a work break or commute. Just a sweet tale of two guy friends revealing their true selves and desires. No steamy scenes, but a positive end.
Diane
I received a copy of this from the author.

I loved this short story about two friends who discover their feelings for each other...as well as a side of one of them that had been hidden for you.

A sweet romance with a great HEA.
Heather Ryan
Oct 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: stash-of-ebooks
A delightful read! Greg and Kyle are truly relatable characters, especially for those of us in the lgbt community who have been hopelessly in love with or crushed on someone whom we thought was straight. I wish we'd gotten to see more of their story. Twenty two pages wasn't nearly enough!
Emma Jaye
Dec 29, 2017 rated it liked it
With the title I thought I was getting a sexy, BDSM type story. I was wrong.
Instead, I got an excellent, and sweet, friends to lovers. The sexiest thing that happens is one chaste kiss, but if you like short and sweet, with a few sparkles, this is a winner.
Suze Fields
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: gay-literature
Short and pretty and very well written. Even in such few pages and with some strange turns, Ms. Langley manages to captivate you, engage you and believe the story she is telling you. I only wish this was much longer.
Dutchgirl
Sweet short read. I enjoyed it very much
Valerie
Nov 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I enjoyed Greg and Kyle’s story. A good short read!!
Attered
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Quick Read

Nice short story ... Needed a little more development but still a good read . . . . . .
Fallon
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was ok
Cute and short

Super cute and easy to read.Not really that much more to go with. Free download. But amateurish but it's free.

• The Biker Next Door Part 1 (Gay Rebel #1)
  • Game On (Game On, #1)
  • Winter Chill
  • Say You're Mine!
  • Entangled
  • Tonight
  • The Matchmaker: Omega Dating Agency Prequel
  • Fake It For Daddy (Sugar Daddy, #1)
  • Escaping in Oz (Accepting Love #1)
  • Save the Date
  • Why Love Matters
  • Broken Strings (Chords of Chaos, #1)
  • Mr. Jaguar
  • When I Say When
  • Wanting (Wanting, #1)
  • Luscious Love
  • Realigned (Coming Home, #1)
  • Best of Both Worlds