Start by marking “Ray of Light (Ray #1)” as Want to Read:
Ray of Light (Ray #1)

Ray of Light

(Ray #1)

Librarian’s note: This is a previously-published edition of
Kindle ASIN: B01LYQQC80.

My brother is an idiot. He won the lottery and invested all of his money in a run-down bowling alley. Since he’s barely making it, he moved in with me.
Great.
Having him around the house isn’t the worst thing in the world, but he does make a mess like nobody’s business. My friends Zeke, J
Published January 3rd 2017 by Fallen Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Ray of Light, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Ray of Light

Dali
I’ve often been told I’m not a picky reader and that’s the reason I mostly give 4 and 5 star ratings. Nothing could be further from the truth. I try choose my books carefully because a) who wants to read something they don’t enjoy and b) who wants to write about it knowing that someone put some real effort into creating the book and that a bad review could affect their livelihood.

So if you didn’t figure it out with my two star rating you probably did with my previous ramblings. I had read E.L.
Dianne
Siblings, you can’t pick ‘em, but you just have to love them, in spite of themselves. To watch Rae and Rex together is like watching a slice of reality, because in the end, right or wrong, all they want is what is best for each other. This time, though, Rae wishes her big brother would just butt out and let her swoon over his old buddy Ryker, hot, sexy, Ryker.

Settle in for a few laughs, a few eye rolls and few moments when you can barely get enough oxygen as Rae and Ryker practically burn down t
Chris  C - A Midlife Wife
Soooo good but ended on a cliffhanger... sigh.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay I have to admit something right here. I cannot believe that I have never reviewed a book by this author on GR. I know I have read her works before, but nothing is here....

So it is with great pleasure that this book landed in my review requests. I love the author's writing style. I love the way the characters interact and know each other so well. You can feel the pain of regret from Zeke; the over-protectiveness and love bet
Mysticnox
2,5*.
Es una historia de 6 amigos en la que se alternan diferentes puntos de vista de los protagonistas de esta entrega. Porque por si no lo sabía nadie, tiene final abierto. Más que final abierto es un libro cortado en un punto para seguir en el próximo. Como he comentado anteriormente es apresurado al principio para ralentizarse después y llevarnos a un punto en el que nos quedamos a medias por que se acaba. Sinceramente todo lo que ocurre se ve venir y no hay sorpresa para el lector. La químic
Bianca
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was ok
Ray of Hope
EL Todd
⭐⭐

This story has an akward POV, but I have to give it to the author it was intrigueing. I read it cause it was a pure mistake LOL. I thought it was an MM novel! Then I had to reread and reread the first chapter then it made sense, it wasn't an MM, but I couldn't drop the book so I guess there's no harm reading it.

The last book was released this April 2017 and I was curious what was fuss all about but then I had to go waaaay back to the first book to figure things out. So here
Shari Kay
Apr 06, 2017 marked it as not-for-me
series not for me...I avoid love triangles like the plague (view spoiler)
Patty
Jan 13, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, romance
**2.5 stars**

OPENING LINE

“You’re such a piece of shit. Shut your ass and pick up after yourself.”

Ray of Light was my first read by E.L. Todd and I’m curious to see where this series goes…

Many loved this book, yet I found myself on the line of liking it and loving it. Ray of Light is a dual POV story told from Rae and Rex’s perspectives, which I wasn’t expecting. The synopsis doesn’t give any hints of dual POVs so When I started the first chapter and saw Rae at the top I was expecting the next PO
Karin
Jan 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a great start off to this series. And I can't wait to read the rest of the series.

I loved the back and forth banter between Rae, Zeke & Rex.

After a chance run in with her brothers high school friend Rae & Ryker hook up but, she's well aware that he's a player and refuses to give in a second time until Ryker changes his tactics and realizes he actually wants to date her.

Rae is funny, strong, independent & very loving. Ryker is very intense and I can't wait to find out why he
Sandra Blonde
Sep 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Pues a mí me ha enganchado pero bien este libro..... fresco, ágil, divertido...... genial...!!!!
Voy a por el segundo y los que le sigan!!!!
Zoë
Jan 02, 2017 rated it did not like it
I received an ARC copy of this book. Since this is my first ARC, I’m hoping this means that this book will have some heavy-handed editing before the final copy is/was published.

1.5 stars, because I enjoy a smut book just as much as the next person. BUT I still need descent writing. I don’t expect a work of genius, but I also don’t want to get an eye sprain from rolling my eyes at the terrible writing style found on every page…

Writing style:
Issue one: constant repeating of words or phrases, both
Bibliotecaria Recomienda
Hoy os traigo una reseña que va a ser bien cortita. Pues el libro, al pertenecer a una serie, es más bien introductorio y no tiene mucho para entrar en detalles.

Rayo de luz es el primer libro en la serie Rayo de E.L. Todd. La serie está compuesta de 7 libros, lo que no sé, es si toda la serie es sobre los mismos protagonistas, o al igual que la serie Botones una parte de los libros serán de esta pareja y el resto sobre otros de los personajes que aquí aparecen.

Rae vive en Nueva York con su perro
Il confine dei libri
voto 3.5
Salve lettrici.
Oggi vi parlo di “Raggio di Luce” di E.L. Todd, una serie composta, per il momento, da questo primo volume e dal sequel che uscirà a breve.
La storia è molto carina e racconta le vicende di due fratelli: Rae e Rex.
La storia si concentra inizialmente solo su Rae e sul suo incontro con il bello e tenebroso Ryder. Improvvisamente la storia cambia direzione e non ci ritroviamo più nel classico romanzo, ma iniziamo ad avere un assaggio di ciò che sarà questa serie.
Nel corso d
Moni Lareva
Ligero, corto y divertido. Justo lo que estaba necesitando para este tiempo en el que no apetece nada. El estilo de la autora me gustó en los libros anteriores y creo que en este mejoró muchísimo los personajes, tanto protagonistas como secundarios. Veremos la segunda parte porque aquí no pasa de na’.
 Abril Sol
Aug 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
It was a super quick, fun read. I loved Ryker but I'm not Ray's biggest fan... My problem? I didn't know it was a series. I don't like series about romance. If I'm going to read about a romantic relationship, give me a stand alone. I enjoyed the book but I won't continue with the series, it's just not my thing.
Nathalie*
Jan 14, 2017 rated it liked it
Meh.... It was alright, there was some issues I had, like they never talked and when Ms.Todd described him it's like he has anger issues and possession issues meh ... The cliffhanger if u can even call it that was not a cliffhanger at all!
KceeReads
Jan 08, 2017 rated it liked it

Having to take her brother in after failing his business and being paired with an awful date, Rae's life is making her pull her hair out. Well, until she accidentally met Ryker. He's sweet, gorgeous, and easy to talk with. But what are the chances that the hot guy she ran into is going to become more than a stranger who she was dreaming to have a one night stand with?

She's no newbie in the hit and run kind of deal with guys, though what she isn't expecting is to fall in love with the newest pla
Bozica
Jan 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
ARC graciously provided by author E.L. Todd in exchange for an honest review.

This was refreshing and fast paced read. Told in dual POV between Rae and her brother Rex.

Our heroine Rae is very different with nothing stereotypical about her. A scientist who has allowed her bother to live with her rent free, she is a confident and self professed tomboy, grounded and comfortable in her own skin and socialising with men. I loved her character and her approach to life!

Her relationship with her brother
French Press Bookworm Blog
I actually really liked this h. Rae was witty and funny and knew exactly what hat she was doing and wasn't whiny about it or a door mat. Our hero was just ehh for me. I felt like Rae stole the whole show for me. While I'm not a fan of cliffhangers in anyway I'll have to pick up the next book because it has a pretty solid story. Totally enjoyed it
ѦИԌЄLѦ
May 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
creo que esperaba mas de este libro aunque estubo entretenido y te lo terminas en un dia creoo que si falto un poco de drama ame a kayden y rex odio cuanto la autora pone nombre similares en todos los personajes por ejemplo rea y ryker ?? osea mw confunde pero espero por el segundo por que ame a zeke ♥♥♥ ...more
Monse
4.5 Todd es una autora a considerar. Es la primera novela que leo de ella y es de las pocas lecturas que me han atrapado en lo que va del año.
A pesar de que la trama puede ser un tanto "cliché", los personajes bien logrados en esta novela le dan ese "je ne sais quoi" que hace que la historia sea entretenida.

Justo en este momento tengo sentimientos encontrados por culpa de los personajes, por un lado está el adonis de Ryker y por el otro el adonis de Zeke peleando por el amor de Rae. De momento
Tre Talbot
Feb 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Im going with 3.7 but bringing up to a 4 star read. I think it's absolutely hilarious hearing siblings and their banter in this story Rae & Rex do not disappoint. I don't know who's team I want to be on, the best friend Zeke or the stranger in the park turning out to be CEO and the boss of Rae also known as Ryker. I want to cheer them both on for different reasons because they're both great guys. I enjoyed the story and the outcome Rae decides. Want to know which man she chooses? Need to one ...more
Alba
Feb 22, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018
2.5
Tampoco da para mucho, es como una introducción.
Maree Repa
Dec 28, 2016 rated it really liked it
Enlighten

I was so excited and totally thrilled to enjoy this new amazing hilarious and sexy first series of this unbelievable enjoyable series. I just adore all the most wonderful and romantic stories from this wonderful author, E.L. Todd. I thoroughly enjoyed this winner of the new year!!

Rae is definitely the stronger more confident character in this story. Dealing with Rex, her brother, still made her angry at his total foolishness. She still felt her sense of complete control of comfort in h
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
ARC provided by author for an honest review.

4 Secret Stars

Rae has a big brother, Rex, and three friends in her life; Jessie, Kayden and Rex's best friend Zeke. The dynamic in this friendship is so close, they tell each other everything... or do they.

Rex has been living with and off of his sister, Rae, because he's broke. After winning the lottery, he bought a bowling alley, though he's never bowled a day in his life. But he's messy and doesn't have a plan for his future.

When Ryker, an old hig
Anne OK
Jan 15, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017-reads
Note: Copy provided by the author in exchange for a fair and unbiased review.

There is something about this author's writing that just doesn't gel for me. The editing is rough around the edges for the most part. I've read a couple of her other books and I felt the exact same way that I do after reading this latest release. This is a three-book series and all books are available now. Readers will appreciate knowing that because this first one ends on a so-called cliffhanger (although it's not one
Valerija
Dec 06, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
I would have never read this book if it wasn't a German edition.
Cris/Keke
Novela muy corta y entretenida.
Para pasar un buen rato de lectura.
Loes M.
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: romance, adult
It feels like a cheap Twilight rip-off minus the vampires for a slightly more mature audience. Now, I've read Twilight and I liked it for the most part exactly because of the vampires and other supernatural elements. So there is Rae, a girl that doesn't realise how beautiful she is, who is not only pretty but also very smart. She has no family but for her brother Rex who won the lottery once, spent all his money on a rundown bowling alley and is now forced to live with her. They love each other ...more
Ingrid Thomas
Feb 04, 2017 rated it it was ok
Well, I don't know exactly how to say this, because I kind of liked the characters, but not some relationships, there are some things missing, but it has its moments.. Hmmmm maybe I should start from the beginning, right???

The main character or heroine is Rae, and she is a very independent, smart woman with a very good heart. She is letting her broke brother crash at her place for free.

And this is where the troubles start for me. The relationship between her and Rex (the brother) is not a nice
Dawn
Dec 29, 2016 rated it it was amazing
This book is so good I read it in one night. I can not wait for book two. So often in romance book the female lead is weak and let people walk all over them but Ray is strong, independent, smart, and not afraid to take what she wants. The book has hot sex without being over the top and lots of humor. I just have to say I totally love Rays brother Rex. He is totally in appropriately funny.
USA Today Bestselling Author, E. L. Todd is one of the most prolific authors of her genre, having published over a hundred novels. With over one million copies sold, she writes romance stories ranging from contemporary romance, new adult romance, and fantasy romance. She's best known for her Forever and Always Series as well as her Timeless Series.

She loves coffee, ice cream, and anything with sug

Ray (7 books)