Start by marking “Dark Promises (Dark, #2)” as Want to Read:
Dark Promises (Dark, #2)

Dark Promises (Dark #2)

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  802 Ratings  ·  145 Reviews
I have a secret …

I don’t care if you like me or not.

Insatiable lust for power and control runs thick in my veins. My father served as president of the United States of America—and his father before him. Montgomeries are born to lead and rule, to fear nothing and cower to no one, to make allegiances not friends.

But I digress.

With a senate campaign about to launch and pres
Kindle Edition
Published October 24th 2017

Natalie The Biblioholic
Who doesn’t love a great political romantic drama? I know that ever since the introduction of the show, Scandal, I’ve been intrigued with this particular trope. I’ve read quite a few novels in the genre and I’ll admit that not all of them have worked for me. Some were entirely too bogged down with political rhetoric, which diluted the romantic angle and caused the plot to get a bit sidetracked. But with Dark Promises , Winter Renshaw gave me a story that was not only centered around the romance ...more
Oct 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Dark Promises tells a story about an aspiring senatorial candidate, Kier Montgomery, that needs to refine his man-whore personality to a caring gentleman worthy of his constituents votes. He needs someone like Rowan Aldridge, whose sweet personality and family influences will certainly give him the advantage to further his political career.

But it's not easy to woo a woman who just got her heartbroken. Kier worked double time to get to Rowan's good side and proved to her that he's a changed man.
Jacqueline's Reads
Dec 16, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ku
4 Stars

I wished I knew this was the second book in the series! Gah I should have done my homework. I don’t usually mind when I go out of order, but I feel like I found out a lot of what happens in the first book, oh well.

When I got this book Kindle said it would take me 9 hours, I was like what? Then I soon realized there’s three books in this purchase, so yay!

Dark Promises was exactly what I needed. I wanted something light, political and not to angsty. This is a personal opinion, but I hate st
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs
4,25 stars from me!!

What happens when your strategic plans change and suddenly your emotions are evolved?

Well, you gonna get your answer when you read this story, cause everything begins according to a plan...

Keir has a plan in order his campaign to be successful...
Rowan has also a plan to forget the pain that overpowers her heart for one night...
Well, things are about to get more complicated!

It was a very enjoyable story and I really liked the pair of our main characters I mean you have
April Symes
Dark Promises is the follow-up to Dark Paradise by Winter Renshaw. Rowan has been terribly hurt by a man who she thought loved her as much as she loved him but really never did and broke her into tiny pieces when he dumped her . Now all she wants is a one night stand with DC's most eligible bachelor as a form of revenge against her ex-boyfriend. Keir, a son of the current president of the US, needs a woman with an immaculate reputation to try and repair his damaged one in order to run for his ow ...more
Bookgasms Book Blog
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: ratula
The minute I read the blurb to Dark Promises I knew that I needed to read it. I absolutely love the idea of villains and anti-heroes in stories finding the one girl to bring them to their knees. That is exactly what we saw here. Keir and Rowan were fantastic. Their chemistry was insane and the banter just as fantastic. I could not get enough of this sexy political story!

When Keir Montgomery set his sights on the Senate, he needs the perfect woman to bring it all together for him. A modern day Ja
Nov 06, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Awful "hero"

## Deplorable. That's how I would describe this "hero". He completely ruined this story for me. I surely don't understand all the good reviews. I don't mind the politics because it's very very light in this story. I don't mind that the hero is using the heroine to get ahead (great trope). But the characters have to have some redeeming qualities. He had none. His fiancé broke up with him because she found him in bed with 2 other women. Bleh. Once a cheater, always a cheater. He lies t
Ann Massad
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nov 19, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.25 “Predictable” Stars
Jade Violet
When I first read Dark Romance I hated, with a capital H, Keir Montgomery! Unlike his older brother he was a complete manwhore with no regard for anyone.

Cut to Dark Promises and surprise, surprise, as the youngest son of the President of America he is STILL a complete manwhoring playboy with little to no regard for anyone. The only hitch in his lifestyle is he's decided to run for office in a senatorial campaign and his image needs a major overhaul if he's got a chance to win and restore the fam
Brandy Roberts
Oct 22, 2017 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed Dark Promises I've read a few books by Winter Renshaw that are really good and I haven't read Dark paradise witch is about the heroes brother the couple are mentioned and make a appearance but this can be read as a standalone . We have a playboy hero and a heroine that a well hidden rebel the story line flowed well and the romance wasn't rushed at first these two were using one another but it quickly formed into something else . Rowen is dealing with a recent heart break and dec ...more
SBee Reviews
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review Rating: 5.0 out of 5 stars

It’s all fun and games until someone loses something

I received an Advance Reader Copy for Dark Promises (Dark, Book #2) written by Winter Renshaw and voluntarily reviewed this book. What does the rich & famous youngest son of an ex-US-president Keir Montgomery do when he is told to clean up his act before he announces his senate campaign and presidential aspirations? He listens to his advisor, who tells him that a certain Miss Rowan Aldridge would be just the
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Keir and Rowan are more alike than they realise. Both out for a good time with no strings attached, until Keir needs to clean up his act in order to garner support for his political goals. According to his team, Rowan is just the woman to help him achieve his ambitions but he has no idea what he's let himself in for.

I love the way, through dual POV, we are able to see into the minds of these characters. So fun seeing their confusion when neither of them acts in the way the other expects. Keir re
Pichu Castro
Oct 23, 2017 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars

Rowan has been burned by a politician who she thought loved her and all she wants now is a one night stand with DC's most eligible bachelor to get back at him.
Kier doesn't care whether you like him or not, he just cares of himself and acts for his own benefit, but his strategist has other plans for him; he needs to "make him" a changed man.
So Kier plays along and Rowan is the girl they picked for that.
Neither one
Becky Cox
Oct 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Keir Montgomery, son of the President, political aspirations and a playboy. He needs to clean up his act to get ready for his announcement as a candidate. He is gorgeous and smooth talking.

Rowan, daughter of a wealthy politically connected family, wants nothing to do with it. Just out of a relationship that broke her heart with a politician. Another one is the last thing on her mind. She just wants a bit of fun to help mend her broken heart.

Keir and Rowan are delightful together. The alternating
M.J. Prince
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another 5 star review for Winter Renshaw and 5 reasons why:

1 - Rowan- loved her. This author really knows how to create a strong and likeable MC. Winter's MCs are always so badass. Love it.

2 - Kier - hot, sexy, cocky and arrogant. I love that he was portrayed as almost irredeemable at the start but then the redemption arc was great. That part did feel a tiny bit rushed though so ie from the point he realises he's in love he kinda just drops everything. It would have been more realistic if he had
Jill  Kirtley
Oct 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Rowan Aldridge has just had her heart broken and all she wants from Keir Montgomery is what he's famous for, an unforgettable one night stand.
But Keir needs a steady girlfriend if he wants to be seen as a worthy candidate to run for Senate, as his womanizing ways won't endear him to the voters. And Rowan's perfect for the job.
The tables are well and truly turned as Keir pursues Rowan in this fun and sexy romance. There are some delightful scenes between these two in this very worthy **5 star**
Tracy DeNeal
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Keir and Rowan

What happens when a villain falls in love? You get a sassy steamy story that warms the cockles of your heart, that's what.

We first met Keir in Dark Paradise-a spoiled brat of a Presidential offspring who was a loose cannon of hedonistic selfish and toxic masculinity. To see him meet his match was a thing of beauty.

I enjoyed every minute of this story. This one exceeds its predecessor for me.
Pelusa Rivera
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Received an Advanced Readers Copy for my voluntary review for Hidden Gems.. We have two people who get together under their own agenda, not willing to fall in love . But as time goes in, and Keira sees Rowanndifferently, he tries to win her heart and eventualky he does and they fall in love.. good love story.. You need to read.
Ana Oh
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Pretty Good

The characters in this book didn't resonate with me as much as the first, Dark Paradise. Perhaps I already disliked Keir, and it would have taken a lot more effort to sway me. The book is still enjoyable and very well written.
Lisa Mcintire
Oct 26, 2017 rated it liked it
3-3.5 Pretty good shorter story.
Ann Marie
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review for Dark Promises

I voluntarily read an arc of this book for a fair and honest review. That old saying about the best way to get over a man is to get under another one? That’s exactly what Rown Aldridge plans on doing after Hunter breaks her heart. And Rowan already has the new man picked out...Keir Montgomery, youngest son of POTUS ( thank God this is fiction because Donald, Jr or Eric would cause me to vomit in my mouth). Keir is a playboy, a one night stand kind of guy, which should be
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
An intense, consuming and enthralling love story that'll own you from the get go...

I'm so excited about this book that I actually have a poop eating grin on my face and my heart is hammering in my chest. Seriously, I'm finding myself doing my idiot clap as I type every other word. Let's just say that I may be on cloud nine with my thoughts of Keir Montgomery and Rowan Aldridge. I'm so chuffed with this book that I'm contemplating when it'll be ok for me to re-read it. Winter Renshaw what have yo
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Rowan’s long-term boyfriend, Hunter, has just dumped her so he can focus on his Senate campaign. Heartbroken and looking to forget Hunter for just a night, she stakes out one of Keir Montgomery’s favorite bars. Her plan works, only Keir won’t sleep with her. No, he wants a long-term commitment and Rowan just isn’t buying it. Good thing she doesn’t, because Keir definitely isn’t being honest.

The drama grips you from the first page and just keeps going. I couldn’t stop reading. Rowan was an amazin
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is Winter Renshaw we are talking about here. I don't even need to talk her up. Amazing author, awesome story line, hot characters = reader for life!
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
I waited a long time for this book, a long time to have Keir finally redeem himself, and it was everything I hoped it would be. Classic Winter!

This is the second Montgomery book, the first being Dark Paradise with Keir's brother Ronan. This book picks up a few years after the ending of Dark Paradise. The Montgomery family is recovering from the the tell-all book, and Keir finds himself in the position to pursue his political career. He needs to overhaul his reputation, and what better way to do
Feb 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Find this review and more at Ramblings From This Chick

Dark Promises is the second book in Winter Renshaw's Dark series, though it can be read as a standalone. I am pretty new to Winter Renshaw's work having just recently discovered her, but I had to read this one after I saw that cover and read the blurb. I really enjoyed this one, and if I wasn't already on my way to becoming a fan of hers, I definitely am one now.

After having her heart broken, Rowan is only looking for a good time. She wants o
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is one read where I didn’t like the main character, actually I despised him but I couldn’t put it down wanting to see how the author could make a despicable man into a man who I would cheer for to get his HEA. Winter Renshaw took a cold hearted, self centered, arrogant piece of work and transformed him into someone that I once hated to a man that I fell in love with.
Keir is all about himself, he wants to run for senate and to make his past “disappear” his consultant convinces him to win ov
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Winter Renshaw has become in a very short time, a big addiction for me. With her very talented writing style, I was instantly immersed into Dark Promises without any issues. That I couldn't move until I devoured it cover to cover, not even for food, is another testament to her fabulous writing. It starts out with Rowan Aldridge getting her heart broken by a serious douche bag, which leads her to swear off men. Then she decides that she's going to have a one night stand with the biggest manwhore ...more
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Winter Renshaw writes a novel where the tables are turned on two unlikely lovebirds. A stand alone followup to her Dark Paradise, this book focuses on the other son of the POTUS -Keir Montgomery. Keir has always been the unfeeling arrogant asshole brother, a man whore, who very clearly admits, doesn't care what people think of him. He's the one out of the two brothers who has had the urge to follow his father into the family business of politics. When a young strategist tells him he needs to set ...more

Dark (2 books)
  • Dark Paradise (Dark, #1)

Romance Deals

• Everything We Keep (Everything #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Truth (Mercy Kilpatrick #2)
    $4.99 $2
  • Before I Knew (The Cabots, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Spiraled (Callahan & McLane #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Fatal Pursuit (Aegis, #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Dating (Not Quite, #1)
  • The Laws of Gravity
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Claiming Bailey (Ace Security #3)
  • The Girl in Times Square: A Novel
    $10.99 $1.99
  • A Daring Arrangement (The Four Hundred, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Forever (Not Quite, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Return to Homecoming Ranch (Pine River Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Perfect (Not Quite Series, #5)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Fired (Worked Up Book 1)
    $3.99 $2
  • A Merciful Death (Mercy Kilpatrick #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Accidentally Hers (Sterling Canyon, #1)
  • The Third Wish: A Novella
    $2.99 $0.99
  • The Mighty Storm (The Storm, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Run (She Can Series)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Walking on Her Grave (Rogue River, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Repressed (Deadly Secrets, #1)
    $3.99 $2
  • Beautiful Broken Promises (Broken #3)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Chosen (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #15)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • From Sand and Ash
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Dreamology
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Curse Breakers (The Curse Keepers #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Gone (Deadly Secrets, #2)
    $3.99 $2
  • Out of Control (Troubleshooters, #4)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Hour of Need (Scarlet Falls, #1)
  • The Devil's Love
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Chilled (Bone Secrets, #2)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Not Quite Mine (Not Quite, #2)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • The Curse Keepers (The Curse Keepers #1)
  • Love, Chloe
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Bearly in Control (Shifters Undercover, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Love of Vengeance (Wanted Men, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • She Can Hide (She Can, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Not Quite Enough (Not Quite, #3)
  • Sheltering Rain
    $9.49 $1.99
  • She Can Scream (She Can Series, Book 3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • A Fashionable Indulgence (Society of Gentlemen, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Someone like You (Someone to Love, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • All I Need Is You (Thrillseekers Anonymous, #1)