Start by marking “Hitman Sam: A lad lit crime novella” as Want to Read:
Hitman Sam: A lad lit crime novella

Hitman Sam: A lad lit crime novella

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  13 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Having been made redundant as a photocopier software designer, Sam Simpson is lured by a cryptic advert. As he learns it is for a trainee hitman, will he be tough enough to see the job through? Even James Bond had to start somewhere and Sam, as his alias Josh Bradley, looks forward to enjoying James' lifestyle, although soon embroiled in a love triangle, Sam hadn't ...more
Published November 1st 2016

To ask other readers questions about Hitman Sam, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hitman Sam

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of Hitman Sam: A lad lit crime novella
Els
May 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
After reading ‘After Jessica’ earlier this year, I was pleasantly surprised to see that this story is written in the same style.

I have not read the lad lit genre very often but it’s in fact chick lit but with a male character being the naive one in stead of a female one.

The author always finds a way of introducing a lot of people in the story and you are always wondering whether it will ever come together. Well, I can assure you it does. Time and time again she manages to surprise you and
Cathy Geha
Apr 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Hitman Sam by Morgen Bailey
A British Lad-lit Crime Novella

My first foray into Lad-lit had me googling to find out just what it is and I found from various sources that it is:
* fiction about young men and their emotional and personal lives
* about a young man is in his 20’s-30’s
* “a marketing term of the 1990s in Britain, referring to a new kind of popular fiction concerning the ‘lad’ of that period, a supposedly carefree hedonist devoted to football, beer, music, and casual sex: a figure created
Jul 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction
On meeting Sam, I couldn’t help but like him immediately. He can be a bit dim but you can tell he is a genuine guy whose luck has been a bit down but all that seems to be changing. Not only is he now looking at a career as a hitman, his luck with the ladies seems to be changing also.

There is an underlying dark humor throughout which I really enjoyed. In fact there is a lot to enjoy. I liked the characters as well as Hamish the dog that Sam ends up looking after for one of his neighbour’s. Whilst
Amanda
May 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have read a couple of Morgen’s books now and I really enjoyed them. I read the synopsis for ‘Hitman Sam’ and it intrigued me. Plus I must admit that I quite fancy the idea of being the female Bond so I wondered if I could pick up tips! Anyway I couldn’t wait to read it and so with further ado, I jumped straight into the book with both feet. I thoroughly enjoyed reading ‘Hitman Sam’ but more about that in a bit.
In a way I couldn’t help but take to the character of Sam Simpson. He has lost his
Zoé-lee O'farrell
Jul 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2019
Bailey has done it again, another fantastic novella that will make you laugh and show you six degrees of separation between people. Sam, oh bless little Sam, he’s just been made redundant and sees a random advert in a paper. He answers some questions and next thing he know THP have sent him something in the post. Something that will change his life…literally!

This was such an enjoyable little novella, watching a normal, and very naive person, taking on this fantastical role, imagining himself as
Claire
So you’re redundant, comfortable pay off so you can afford to be fussy about your next step in life. But then you see a curious ad in the local paper, what have you got to lose? It’s only a phone call at the end of the day….what could go wrong?

Meet Sam! He’s redundant and answers that curious ad… little does he know he’s heading down a once-in-a-lifetime path to become a hitman!! Yes that’s right, a hitman!! What ensues is a light hearted tale of Sam’s training.

I liked Sam. He throws himself
Karen's World
Oct 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read of Morgan’s and I really liked it, your interest was kept even though a lot was just everyday things it all made up the time line and set the scene. The ending was a surprise and it was brilliant the way it all came together at the end and how many of the story lines were all connected. Great work by a talented author.
Between The Pages Book Club (Gemma M)
I have read a few short stories by Morgen in the past so this was a must read for me. It’s short (171 pages). So perfect for those readers with busy lives, but it is still a brilliant story and well written set in a cute little town.
I surprisingly liked Sams character he was willing to give it a go and even found himself part of a love triangle at one point! Oops… The dog! Loved the dog. This story has a little bit of everything in it.
Can easily be devoured in one sitting. The ending was a
Michelle
Jun 27, 2018
Jennifer Gaarder
May 17, 2019
Morgen Bailey
Jul 08, 2019 marked it as to-read  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: my-books
Martha
Aug 23, 2019

• The Green Viper
  • The Girl I Used To Know
  • The Secrets He Kept
  • Gone in the Night (Alex Devlin #4)
  • Dead Inside (Maggie Jamieson, #1)
  • Worst Case Scenario
  • Torment
  • Break the Silence (Detectives Kane and Alton, #7)
  • From Inside The House (D.I. Graves, #2)
  • Foxglove Farm
  • Silent Winter
  • A Body in the Lakes (Detective Beth Young #2)
  • Hidden Agenda (Dan Roy #1)
  • Falling Stars (Kyle Achilles #3)
  • Mitch Kearns Combat Tracker Series Boxed Set, Volumes 1-3: Dead in Their Tracks, Counter-Strike, The Kill List
  • The Istanbul Exchange (Yael Azoulay)
  • AGENT 192 - An Alex Dorring Thriller
  • The Reacher Experiment Boxed Set Books 1-3 (Dead Ringer, Moving Target, and No Escape)
Morgen Bailey – Morgen with an E – is a freelance editor, writing tutor (in person and online), blogger (helping other authors, sharing tips etc.), Writers’ Forum magazine ‘Competitive Edge’ columnist, speaker, author of several novels (at various stages), 400+ short stories, a series of writer’s block workbooks, an editing guide, articles, and has dabbled with poetry. She is an avid supporter of ...more