Start by marking “Her Husband's Secret (DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal, #3)” as Want to Read:
Her Husband's Secret (DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal, #3)

Her Husband's Secret

(DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal #3)

IMAGINE YOUR HUSBAND WAS MURDERED. IMAGINE EVERYTHING YOU THOUGHT YOU KNEW ABOUT THE PAST WAS A LIE.

Two children sneak out on a freezing winter night, hoping to see a ghost. But instead they witness something far more terrifying. A man dumping a body . . .

Kindle Edition, First Mystery Books, 218 pages
Published November 7th 2016 by Joffe Books

To ask other readers questions about Her Husband's Secret, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Husband's Secret

Pat
Mar 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Gosh, these reviews are coming out in no particular order. This book was an excellent addition to a great series. Why oh why do children keep huge secrets thinking they'll get into trouble? Two boys who sneak out one night hoping to see a ghost (as if they wouldn't run away screaming anyway) see something much worse. It looks like body is being dumped. But of course they don't tell anyone. The dead man is eventually identified as Ewan Cameron. His wife can shed no light on where he was or what h ...more
Linda Strong
Nov 10, 2016 rated it really liked it
Two kids sneak out of their homes late one night, hoping to see a ghost. What they see is even more terrifying. They see a man dumping a body. Even worse, he hears the kids and chase them through the dark.

The next day the body is found ... and the kids remain silent.

DS Merry and DI Neal are called in to investigate. There is no identity on the body. His car is located in a distant location. Information found in the care identify him as Ewan Cameron. There was a robbery that same night ... is his
Chloe
Feb 21, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Her Husband’s secret by Janice Frost is the third book in DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal series.

Two kids along with dog sneak out of the house and watch a man drag a body. Terrified they swore to keep it a secret. DS Ava and DI Jim start investigating the case. When they contact the wife Laura she at first does not seem too upset by her husband’s death. During the investigation, they discover the man murdered Ewan was hiding a few secrets from his wife. He and his friends were suspects in the disa
Lynn Mccarthy
Jan 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Her husbands secret is a great book I enjoyed it.
Its a mystery full of twists and turns also a great ending.

I got this book through netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thank you.
Elaine Tomasso
Nov 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Joffe Books for a review copy of Her Husband's Secret, the third novel in the Neal and Merry series of police procedurals.

2 10 year olds and a dog out ghost hunting see a man drag a body into the ruins of a local abbey. When the dog barks the man chases them but they get away and report the body anonymously because they don't want their parents to know they have been out at night. The body is identified as Ewan Cameron from Edinburgh. Why he was in Stromford,
Lisa *OwlBeSatReading*
DNF @ 51%. Not going to rate it on this basis.

I gave this my best shot, but at half way in, I'm still not connected enough to finish.

There's far too many characters, far too many side stories, and it has just become a frustrating read. The plot is really interesting, and I like the two police officers dealing with the murder case, but there isn't enough focus on solving and enquiries even at this stage to keep me hooked.

It might just be me, but it feels too involved and complex to make it an enj
Jeanette
Oct 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have read one other book by Janice Frost (Dead Secret) and really enjoyed. This was just as good, with lots of twists and turns and although i thought i knew what the ending would be, i was wrong. That doesn't happen very often! I hope to read more by this author. Recommended.
Tom Waters
Mar 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well word th reading

A good well written story I it makes you want turn the page to find out what is happening but their are many twists th hat keep you enthralled Tom Waters
Shayde Fischer
Feb 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Interesting story with a different reading style then some other mysteries.
Becci
Mar 05, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: netgalley
I haven't got alot to say about this one really its your run of the mill mystery, two cops follow up leads on a murder which is all pretty straightforward but the ending did surprise me, I just didn't see that coming.

Laura's husband is found murdered and during the investigation secrets and lies are revealed from her past friends. Was her own husband a murderer ? What are her friends hiding ? Could they have murdered her husband ?

I liked the characters and the story was easy to follow, it just
Taylor
Apr 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Can Ava and Neal just hook up already?!!!
Shermaine
May 23, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle-netgalley
3 1/2 ***
Right away it felt like I had walked into something and missed the beginning. I would have gotten to know the main characters better if I had read the first two books in the series. But then I caught up with DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal and the book moved along nicely.

Two kids and a dog sneaked out of their house late one night to go ghost hunting and instead saw a man dragging a dead body. The barking dog gives them away and the man chases after them. They got away and reported the bo
Susan Angela Wallace
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Her Husbands secret by Janice Frost is a mystery and thriller read.
DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal are called in to investigate this perplexing murder. Eventually the dead man’s wife is identified. But Laura Cameron’s husband turns out to have kept many secrets from her. And when she goes to visit her old friends who live near where the murder
Jo Ann
This book has a nice balance of crime solving and the evolving personal lives of the main characters. Lots of layers to the plot (and maybe a too few coincidences?) to keep the reader questioning who the killer might be. Love watching Ava and Jim dancing around each other! Glad we're getting more of the side characters - makes the story richer.
Jay Hill
Aug 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Thank you to Netgalley and the publishers for the opportunity to read and review this book.

This is my first book by the author and, although it is the 3rd in a series, it appears to read okay as a stand alone. There were references to past cases along with Ava and Jims previous dealings with each other but it doesn't distract too much from this story. I really liked these two characters and plan to read the other books in the series. Definitely kept me guessing but felt the ending left quite a
Lea
Oct 26, 2017 rated it liked it
I'm a little disappointed. I just don't think this series is as good as, say, Robert Bryndza or Robert Dugoni who write similar detective stories. The storyline, writing and characters are just not as crisp and don't hit the mark for me. Maybe I have been spoilt by those other authors...? Rounded up to 3.5 stars.
Geraint griffiths
Jan 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic

Another brilliant read. I absolutely love these books by janice Frost she knows how to keep a readers attention once again really clever plot books are just getting better and better ! .
Trina
Dec 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: kindle, arc, netgalley
I received this arc from Netgalley.

An entertaining read. Plenty of suspense that kept me guessing until the end.
Lady Kim  Kibble
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
A gripping crime thriller full of twists
Karin
Sep 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
When everyone except you knows the secret, is it still a secret? Or is it an anvil ready to drop on someone’s head? Disclaimer: there is no anvil in this story. Anyway, back to the story. I found this definition of a friend: ‘A friend is someone you love and who loves you, someone you respect and who respects you, someone whom you trust and who trusts you. A friend is honest and makes you want to be honest, too.’ Keep that in mind as you read this story about ‘friends’. I enjoyed the story and r ...more
Mary Johnson
Jul 20, 2018 rated it liked it
I wish I had read this book soon after book two because I had forgotten what went on before. It didn’t really spoil the book but irritated me that I couldn’t remember the back story.

An easy read that was lightweight and pleasant enough. The lead character is Ava and not DCI Neil who is her superior. Ava is quite an engaging character but her boss remains a bit two dimensional. The story was decent but the characters lacked depth. I like the storytelling style of the author and will read the oth
Andrew
When I started this book I wasn't aware that it was the third book in the series featuring DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal.

I think this might have spoiled the book a little as there was clearly something of a back-story about the police team.

However, the plot-line makes the story strong enough to stand on its own merits.

I think this is a sound example of the police procedural/crime thriller genre.
There are plenty of potential perpetrators for the original murder.
Through into the mix a complex back-
Teresa
Jan 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting

This is my first book by Ms. Frost, and I am pleased that I wasn't too disappointed. The story is steady and not dragged down with too much detail. I remain curious about Ava's dark past.
Ken Smith
Dec 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Geography

I have really enjoyed reading all three in the series but what spoils the story line for me is, all the clues indicate that the stories are based in and around Lincoln in Lincolnshire why call it Stromford in Stromfordshire?
mrs j a hewitt
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An intriguing story with a great twist !

The best story yet with Ava merry & Jim Neal - I love their relationship . So many red herrings I had no idea what the ending would be ! The author is very good at developing her characters & keeping us guessing who dun it .
Mr Kenneth L Mullen
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great story

Another great story by Janice .I really enjoy the two main characters who work well together.The story has plenty of twists and turns and an unexpected ending.Looking forward to reading more.
Snowdrop
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gripping read to the end .
Gary Fahs
Sep 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Love this series all five were good but they continue getting better
Maxime
Nov 18, 2016 rated it really liked it
I received this book via netgalley in exchange for an honest review
This book is a textbook enjoyable crime read kept my attention throughout and would recommend!
kathygrandell
Feb 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Don't quite

I would recommend to anyone who is interested in mystery and likes to guess who done it!!!#!!!### so did i

• Little Bones (Cathy Connolly, #1)
  • Murder by the Book (Izzy Greene #2)
  • The Toybreaker (Dr Hannah Nightingale, #1)
  • Maximum Guilt (Hidden Guilt #2)
  • Cut You Down (Wakeland, #2)
  • Lawless and the House of Electricity: Lawless 3
  • Coffee Treacle Murder (Donut Hole Mystery #24)
  • Before She Falls (Detective Anna Gwynne, #3)
  • Parting Shot
  • Witch Myth (A Witch Myth, #0-2)
  • Trust No One (DI Mike Lockyer, #3)
  • Hellbound
  • Blues in the Night (Molly Blume, #1)
  • No One Knows You're Here (No One Knows You're Here, #1)
  • Gone In Seconds (Kate Hanson, #1)
  • The Festival of Bones (Mythworld, #1)
  • Candy Canes and Criminals (HoneyBun Shop Mysteries #3)
  • The Olympus Killer (Greek Island Mysteries, #1)

DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal (5 books)
  • Dead Secret (DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal, #1)
  • Dark Secret (DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal, #2)
  • Their Fatal Secrets (DS Ava Merry and DI Jim Neal, #4)
  • Dirty Secrets
“urge to jump up straight away. He lay unmoving and alert, listening out for the slightest sound. The cottage was old and there were often noises —creaks and bangs and scratchings —that he knew were not ghosts but just the normal sounds an old house makes. The waiting was torture. Finally, at ten past midnight Zak kicked his duvet aside and swung his legs over the side of the bed. He was already fully clothed. He retrieved a bag from under his bed, a small backpack that he’d packed earlier for his night-time excursion. It contained a torch, a pair of gloves and his mobile phone.” 1 likes
“her he was used” 0 likes