Start by marking “Journey to Dawn: Step One, Breathe” as Want to Read:
Journey to Dawn: Step One, Breathe

Journey to Dawn: Step One, Breathe

liked it 3.00  ·  Rating details ·  5 ratings  ·  5 reviews
For those who have teetered on the brink of oblivion…

One out of six, Abrielle never thought herself a statistic until her idyllic life shattered one night in a dark and frozen alley. Assaulted and discarded to the street’s detritus, she fled the city in an attempt to outrun the horror and pain of humiliation. Her new existence consisted of fear, anger, and shame.
Through e
ebook
Published December 10th 2016 by Reily Garrett

To ask other readers questions about Journey to Dawn, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Journey to Dawn

liked it 3.00  ·

Rebecca Austin
Dec 07, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: review-magic
Abrielle is a case manager at a crisis center where she talks with mainly women about the events they have gone through. As a victim herself she finds giving them advice that she knows she needs to be taking as well in attempts to get her life back.

When she receives two visitors from her past they tell her that they are there to help her through everything. Even with everything will it be enough for Abrielle to be able to move on?

I liked this story but for me I found parts that I struggled with.
Lilly Charysma
Jan 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was a really quick read; I could not believe it was over so soon.

One of Reily Garret’s strong qualities as a writer is her ability to capture feelings, to transmit beyond pages what the main character feels. For this book I believe she could have insisted more on how Abrielle ends up supporting other victims or at least a general idea of all the stages she went through.

I like the name of the main character. Not sure if this was the author’s intention, but it gives me the impression of some
Danielle Fulton
Dec 12, 2016 rated it it was ok
I had a hard time with this whole book, it was just not one that I could really get into the story. It just did not grab me and I found it a little far fetched. I have loved other books by this author though so I chalk this up to just not my taste.
Kaylee Nizza
Dec 11, 2016 rated it liked it
I had a hard time getting through this book. It had me asked a lot of questions. Abrriella needed more help to get through her trauma and she didn't receive it. She could only help with patients with little experience. She needed more training and more therapy for herself. I was glad that she has a therapy dog though.
Vanessa Covarrubias
Dec 10, 2016 rated it liked it
Abrielle has gone through a tramatic experience that has taken her a couple of years to try to over come. Still she pushes foward in the only way she can burying herself in work to try to help others, along with her therapy dog. People from her past come back and then everything seems well.
For me, I honestly feel like there should have been more, the therapy dog is only heard a couple of times, she needed more therapy. Just more too the story. The story line is good but would have enjoyed more.
Mick Loves Books
Jan 30, 2017
Abn10009
Feb 02, 2017
Rita
Feb 06, 2019
Though her kids are her life, writing is the life after. You know, the one you also enjoy…AFTER the kids are in bed or AFTER they’re in school and the house is quiet. This is the time she kicks back with laptop and lapdog to give her imagination free reign.
In life, hobbies can come and go according to our physical abilities, but you can always enjoy a good book. Life isn’t perfect, but our imagin