Start by marking “Carnal Obsession: His Heart's Prisoner” as Want to Read:
Carnal Obsession: His Heart's Prisoner

Carnal Obsession: His Heart's Prisoner (Carnal #4)

4.2  ·  Rating details ·  61 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
Librarian Note: The latest edition with updated cover of this title can be found HERE

Life on the street molds emotional athletes.

Three years ago, her brother’s death marked the beginning of Kendra’s new life, an existence with no home, no family, and no friends. Time in the underground byways toughened her emotional shell with the loose association of like-minded street
Published January 30th 2017 by Reily Garrett

To ask other readers questions about Carnal Obsession, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Carnal Obsession

Siobhan
Dec 12, 2016 rated it really liked it
Wow, this book. This book is everything the genre should be. It was amazing in so many ways, so much so that I fear I’ll miss half of the things rolling around in my head as I write up a review.

I’ll start by saying I have never before read a book by the author. Carnal Obsession: His Heart’s Prisoner is part of the Carnal series, being book number four, but it works just fine as a standalone novel. Carnal Beginnings, Carnal Innocence, and Carnal Whispers are now on my want to read list, but they
Shannon Mcfarland
Dec 27, 2016 rated it liked it
Kendra is scraping by while living on the street. Making ends meet doing odd jobs and playing in a band with her friends. She gets a gig at an exclusive club, but gets thrown for a loop when she meets up with her old (and apparently still very current) crush and her brother's best friend, Connor. Finding out he is the owner of the BDSM Club is hard for Kendra to swallow. Coming face to face with her past is also difficult, as her past is the reason she ran and is now living on the streets.

Connor
Quill & Ink Book Tours
Dec 22, 2016 marked it as to-read
BLOGGERS

Join the Release Blitz of Carnal Obsession here! https://goo.gl/forms/LV8nXXFyIy6aGJi33

Sign up to the Quill & Ink Mailing List: https://goo.gl/forms/2FqtKtccENRTLXFv1

Join the Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quill...
Dannah Leizl Alcayaga
Feb 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Carnal Obsession by Reily Garrett

I have mixed thoughts on this book.
For once, I tried to steer away from BDSM books because they are just too much for my taste, except for Fifty Shades Trilogy which was my first, but that doesn’t affect my review for this book.

Characters
I wanted to like the characters, but I find Kendra a bit annoying. At first she seemed like a tough girl who lived in the streets, too tough for my taste, but we know we gotta do what we need to do to survive. But when Connor mad
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
Wonderful read

This is the first book that I have read by Reilly Garrett and I will say that I was completely knocked over. It was superb. This is the fourth book in the Carnal Series, but can definitely be read as a stand alone. I'm testament to that as I have never read the previous books - but i definitely will be.

it is hard to pinpoint this book into any singular genre. so let's just say that it is a Romantic Suspense that is touched by Erotic. It is just perfect - having pulled my attentio
BCD Book Review - Rachel & Jen
OVERALL 3.5 / 5 (Rounded to 4 / 5)
Amount of sex 2 / 5
How explicit 3 / 5
BDSM/Fetish 2 / 5
Romance 3.5 / 5

Carnal Obsession: His Heart’s Prisoner is a romantic thriller from Author Reily Garrett. It is the fourth book in a series and a complete standalone. Each book is dedicated to one of the four Crofton brothers and Carnal Obsession: His Heart’s Prisoner is Connor’s story.
The story begins 3- years after Connor’s best friend, Billy, died in battle. Before his death, he sent important information th
Laura  Redmon
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Get ready for Carnal Obsession to hold your heart prisoner!

Now that was one heck-of-a-book! I love that feeling when I can say that, it puts me in a good mood. Unless you count the book-hangover... Damn, I read that book straight through in one sitting! I probably didn't even blink, hee hee.

If you like your dark romances filled with action and intrigue from the very start to the very end, then Carnal Obsession is your book.

I do wish there was more naughtiness going on, but what there was, was ab
Jo
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is book #4 in a series. And whilst, technically, you don't need to have read the previous books before this one, I felt that the fact that I hadn't done so hindered my understanding of some of the sub plots which were cross referenced in the narrative.

And I confess that I did find the jump between the different points of view to be a little confusing at times, with no clear delineation of whose voice I was hearing.

That said, this is basically a decent story, which was slightly tempered by i
Nicole
Jan 31, 2017 rated it really liked it
Interesting story, this was my first time reading Reily Garrett. I like the fact that Kendra and Connor already have a history, since he was her brother's best friend. Since her brother's death three years prior, Kendra's been having a rough go with life, until she unexpectedly meets with up Connor. There's attraction on both sides, but even more importantly is the threat to Kendra's life. I liked the suspense of the story, but I do wish there was more to the story in regards to the blossoming r ...more
Stephanie
Feb 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I volunteered to review an advanced read copy in order to provide an honest review. This was a solid story with thoroughly complex characters. Kendra and Connor each had complicated pasts but somehow were able to find what they desperately needed within each other. Great read!
Deb Smith
Jan 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It took me a chapter or so to get into this books but once I did it drew me deeper and deeper. The characters are fully developed and very faceted. Getting to know them all was a joy. I love the slow way that Kendra was developed from an angry runaway to loving passionate woman. And Conner, who could not want to win his love. The trials they endure and the issues they face together make this a really warm but passionate love story that just happens to envelope the BDSM lifestyle. Oh, and there i ...more
LLEP  Book Blog
Feb 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Multiple Reviews Below

4Stars
Reilly Garrett has another fabulous story with Connor's story!

Mackendra, Billy's younger sister, had difficulty accepting the death of her brother. Connor, Billy's best friend, also felt guilt about his death. While one runs from problems literally the other does it figuratively until they don't!

This story has some very dark tones of death, war and unhealthy obsession. However it also has some excellent humour laced through it...for e.g. 'Thanking both visitors, he sa
Ingrid Thomas
Jan 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
As all of the books by Reily, this book has you by the hairs!!!

I’ve come to expect good things from this author, and it does not disappoint. This book grabs you right from the start and simply won't let go…. Life, house, kids, chores be damned!! lol!

"You are mine for all time, against any that would satnd against us.""I've always been yours."

This is part of the Carnal Series,the 4th book in fact, but you could easily read it as a stand alone, because the characters are very well developed, and
Lilly Charysma
Jan 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book has been sent to me by the author in exchange for a review, as most of the books I host on my blog. Though part 4 of the Carnal Obsession series, it can be easily read and understood as a stand-alone. I am sometimes afraid to read something from a series without having prior knowledge of the story, but it was very easy to follow the plot and the characters. The author does a great job expressing feelings and adds enough descriptions as to give a vivid feel of places.

As for the action i
Michelle Austin
description

Carnal Obsession was a great 5 star read.

Kendra has been living on the streets for the past three years. She is part of a band that plays gigs when they can get them. The book starts with Kendra and her bandmates going to a club named Ambrosia, only this isn’t a normal club, it’s a BDSM club. When she finds out who owns it she takes off.

She doesn’t get far before trouble finds her. Some thugs are looking for something her brother left with Conner for her.
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Review by: Jennifer
(2.5 stars)

Conner made a promise to his best friend and team mate before he died, take care of his sister. Last time he had checked on Kendra, nothing out of the ordinary was going on, she was at home with her parents. Now three years later, he has found her living on the streets after she had ran away.

Kendra has yet to get over the death of her brother and the promise that he broke. She has been living on the streets for the past couple of years, but when her band gets an op
Romaine Heart
Feb 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Billy had mad a promise to his sister, Kendra, that he would return from his mission. Upon his death he made Conner Crofton, his best friend swear to take care of his little sister. Kendra

Upon the death of her brother Kendra was angry and left home to live in the streets in the underground world. Daemon, Wes, Cliff and Palmer protected her for 3 years. They ended up starting a band and played a few gigs here and there.

They were offered a gig at a club, Ambrosia which is a BDSM Club owned by Conn
Romance Between The Sheets
Carnal Obsession: His Heart’s Prisoner is Connor’s and Kendra’s story. Conner’s a protective man who sees Kendra in a sisterly way. Kendra is a tough girl who had to grow up quick and always had a crush on Conner. Because of the murder of Kendra’s brother she lost touch with everyone she knew.

Connor has a lot to make up for. He didn’t realize that Kendra had gone missing. He thought that she moved with her parents. If he had known that she was living on the streets he would have started looking
Jennifer Pierson
Feb 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Kendra has spent the last three years living on the street while trying to run from her guilt about her brother's death. She tries to stay away from anything having to do with that, but when her band is invited to play at a local BDSM club, she's surprised to come face to face with her brother's best friend. Her feelings are mixed, as she loves him, and yet, hates him as she believes his actions are what caused her brother to get killed. Connor has lived the last three years mired in guilt for h ...more
Books Laid Bare
Dec 15, 2016 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars
Often when I see that a book is part of a series that I haven’t read anything from I’m reluctant to start but I don’t think I missed much because this stood tall all on its own.
So what did I like about this story, well that is easy …what I liked most was the detail.
The characterisation, the attitude, the flow and the intrigue, the whole book was just addictive.
Superbly written, the author ensured that there was nothing left to chance. Her attention to the finer points of the story ensur
Beyond The Covers Blog
Jan 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Susan reviewed on behalf of Mytimeoutbookblog

I give Carnal Obsession: His Heart's Prisoner 5 stars for grabbing my attention right from the start and keeping me interested right to the end. It brought out many emotions and the love between these friends is amazing.

Riley Garrett did an awesome job relaying this story, the characters are fantastic, the scenes steamy, and the story was amazing.

Conner and Kendra reunite, after years apart, when he hires her band to play at his club. She has not bee
Sheena
Jan 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I received a copy of this book through the Quill and Ink Tour Review Team in exchange for a fair and honest review.....this is such an awesome read and it is great on so many levels...

First of all the story itself it is a fast paced, thrilling read with plenty of action balanced with the ongoing sexual and emotional tension between the two main protagonists, Kendra and Conner, and hot BDSM scenes. The book deals with the trauma and guilt faced by those who are left bereaved and affected by war;
Rosie Amber
Dec 27, 2016 rated it really liked it
Carnal Obsession: His Heart's Prisoner is book #4 of the Carnal series of erotic romantic supsenses, but can be read as a stand alone.

The book's setting is a place called Gradenburg and is the story of Kendra and Conner. Kendra is a street rat, a run-a-way, she plays in a band and is about to play her first gig which could lead to well paid long term work. Kendra has been on the run for three years after her brother was killed and she had a huge row with her family.

Fellow band member Daeron loo
Rachael
Jan 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*I received an ARC of this title at my request, and I have provided this honest review*

This was my first of Reily’s books and I loved it. I breezed through this so quick and just loved her writing style. It pulled me in and was an emotional roller coaster full of steamy smoking hot times between Kendra and Conner while still having some elements of suspense as well.

Kendra is on her own. No family after loosing her brother nearly three years ago. She has been without a home even, but is still ma
Brandy Roberts
Jan 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm new to this series and this author , I must say I'm hooked to were I want to read the rest of the books and learn about the brothers and their love stories . It has romance , sadness, intense moments , and mystery that kept me guessing on who was friend or foe .Felt so bad for Kendra I'm close to my brother and I couldn't imagine the pain that she went through after losing her brother she's also awesome she reminded me of kristen bell from veronica mars she knows how to take care of herself ...more
Carla
Jan 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

**Carla's Four Star Review

For the past few years, Kendra has been living on the street doing what she can to just get by. She and her friends form a band, and she is beyond excited to learn that they have been offered a regular gig at a very exclusive club. Imagine her surprise when she discovers that her past crush and deceased brother's best friend actually owns this club. She is beyond shocked to see
Jennifer Woodrow
Jan 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book, while one of a series, can be a stand alone. Now that I've read it I am anxious to read some more.
Kendra spent the last three years on the street running from her guilt about her brother's death. Then her band was offered a job at the local BDSM club she was astounded to see her dead brother's best friend and army superior there as the owner. She loved him it hated him because she felt it was Connor's fault that her brother Billy had tee listed and therefore gotten killed.
Connor blam
Naturalbri (Bri Wignall)
Feb 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
What a brilliant introduction to this author. I was completely drawn in by the blurb, but was a bit dubious about whether or not it would be ok to start this far into the series, without reading the previous books. However, I can honestly say that you would be fine to do so and will fully enjoy the book. You will be left yearning to read the previous books, after this one though, as it is hard to get enough of this author's series.

The book is very well written and gives you a great deal of back
Gemma Pritchard
Jan 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
well this book started off slow for me took me a hell of long time to get in to it up till 30% i was pulling my hair out hoping something would happen so i gave it a break for a day then this morning before work i started reading it again and wow finished it within an hour.

story follows kendra who has been on the streets for 3 years since her brother dies on a mission feeling that her parents blame her for his death. she is in a band with other street kids she walks into a bdsm club with a job o
Cindy
Jan 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
**I received a Copy from Quill & Ink Reviews in exchange for an honest review.**

Carnal Obsession: His Heart's Prisoner is the 4th book in the series, yet is a standalone. I jumped into this series without reading the first 3 books.

It's the story of Conner Crofton owner of the BDSM club Ambrosia, and Kendra. Younger sister of his best friend growing up. After Billy's untimely death, Conner swears to protect Kendra.

Kendra ran away from her parents, her home, her life after the death of her b
« previous 1 3 next »
Though her kids are her life, writing is the life after. You know, the one you also enjoy…AFTER the kids are in bed or AFTER they’re in school and the house is quiet. This is the time she kicks back with laptop and lapdog to give her imagination free reign.
In life, hobbies can come and go according to our physical abilities, but you can always enjoy a good book. Life isn’t perfect, but our imagin
More about Reily Garrett

Carnal (4 books)
  • Carnal Beginnings (Carnal Series #1)
  • Carnal Innocence (Carnal Series #2)
  • Carnal Whispers: Mind Stalker (Carnal Series #3)