Start by marking “Trailer Trash (Neely Kate Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Trailer Trash (Neely Kate Mystery #1)

Trailer Trash (Neely Kate Mystery #1)

Neely Kate Colson’s life is a carefully built house of cards—and now her newly discovered half-sister is threatening to collapse it. While everyone thinks Kate Simmons was neutralized when she was incarcerated in a psych ward, Neely Kate knows better. Her sister has been sending her letters threatening to expose her past, only Neely Kate has stuffed so many secrets into ev ...more
Published April 18th 2017 by DGS

Corina
I love the world of Rose and Neely Kate. I've read all their books and I hope there won't ever be an end to them. If there'll be another hundred, I'll read them over and over again.

Trailer Trash was Neely Kate's story. I'm so glad she got her own book, because that was quiet a mystery to reveal. NK lived through some very bad things, but they made her to the fantastic kickass woman she is today.

While I don't like her keeping secrets from Rose, I can partly understand her reasons. I'm glad she op
Monique
Apr 10, 2017 Monique rated it it was amazing
I have always loved the character of Neely Kate from day one at the courthouse for jury duty with Rose. She has been a hoot to read along with Rose and their escapades. I was so excited to learn she not only got a full length book, but the start of a side line series of her own.

We know through the Rose Gardner Mysteries that Neely Kate has had a tough upbringing but this book explains so much more to her background and why she became the strong woman she is today. This journey into her past was
Joy Novel Thoughts
Apr 20, 2017 Joy Novel Thoughts rated it it was amazing
Neely Kate's story is much darker than the stories told from Rose's POV so be prepared for that before going into it. We knew from Rose's books and past novellas that Neely Kate has some secrets that she has kept from Rose, and now that it has been revealed I feel like I have a better understanding of NK. I really enjoyed getting to see the softer side of Jed. I fell for him pretty hard!

That said, I'm giving this story 5 stars BUT, I have two negative points, but they aren't things that I feel t
April
Apr 26, 2017 April rated it really liked it
Shelves: kindle, actualbook
Ummm. I sort of love Jed....
Sinéad McKenna
Apr 09, 2017 Sinéad McKenna rated it it was amazing
Gah this was amazing! Amazing amazing! Loved this book and I am SO happy that it's being made into a series all on its own. Neely Kate broke my heart several times during these pages. I don't know how Denise does it, but boy does she do it. Phenomenal writing, a true master of her profession.
Samantha Malstrom
Apr 18, 2017 Samantha Malstrom rated it it was amazing
Neely Kate’s first novel exceeded my expectations. Trailer Trash definitely feels like a new series with new problems, new dynamics, and a new and fresh story line but it also has all the great and familiar characters I love from the two Rose Gardner series. Neely Kate has developed so much from when she was first introduced very early in the Rose Gardner Mystery series and it is amazing to see just how far she has actually come. This book highlights that and also divulges into the secret past s ...more
Sabrina
Apr 19, 2017 Sabrina rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Though I have long suspected some of Neely Kate's story, it was way more than imagined. Neely Kate has a hard time coming to grips with just how far she has come from her past. Jed is slowly changing her perception. I liked the way Denise had NK struggle to get her story out little by little, it tore at my heart strings. Jed shows his true, sensitive side and what a stand-up guy he truly is.

I'm excited for Neely Kate is getting her own series. Next I would like f
Jesiree
Apr 22, 2017 Jesiree rated it it was amazing
I picked up Trailer Trash knowing it was part of a wider series but thinking it was a spin off so it wouldn't be too bad to read. I was mostly correct but I feel like I didn't get the 'power' of a few of the revelations, they would have been bigger 'omg' moments if I had read previous books, I am sure.

I enjoyed Trailer Trash anyway, uncovering Neely Kate's story had me on edge the whole way and I needed to know what happened.

What really made this book 5 stars for me was that when, near the end
LadyLovesTheBooks
May 07, 2017 LadyLovesTheBooks rated it it was amazing

Ok, so a little about this series before we start. Trailer Trash is the first book in a companion series to accompany the Rose Gardner Investigation series. The Rose Gardner Investigation series follows on from the brilliant Rose Gardner Mysteries. Are you still with me? I know it sounds complicated, but it’s not really!

In December 2013 Denise Grover Swank released ‘Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes’, the first fabulous book in the Rose Gardner Mysteries series. It is based around the world of the
Shawna  Wood (A Girl and Her Books)
Trailer Trash is A-Ma-Zing!! This was a book I never knew I needed. While I will always love Rose and her journey, Neely Kate has now become my favorite character in the Rose Gardner world.

Neely Kate has always given the world a façade of a women who is confident and has it all, but through out the pervious series we started to see cracks in this façade. What we learn about Neely Kate is both shocking and heartbreaking. Neely has suffered so much abuse from those that she trusted and loved. Bu
Aimee Deem
May 14, 2017 Aimee Deem rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every Single Book - Amazing

I've read every book in this series, each one making me fall more in love with the characters. This gives unexpected, yet heart wrenching insight to Neely Kate and Jed. Friendship, loyalty, humanity, self-discovery, pain, healing, love...all capitivated and expressed perfectly with each chapter. Start with book one and keep going - this is truly one of my all time favorite series ever!
Stephanie Burch
May 05, 2017 Stephanie Burch rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, Neely Kate

We all knew that she had a past. We just didn't realize how bad it was. Neely Kate had always been strong. We got to see her weaker side and I hated that is what made her the strong woman that she is now. Jed, wholly hotness I'm glad they are gonna try. They seem like they will be an interesting couple.
Nati
May 28, 2017 Nati rated it it was amazing
Denise at her best. Neely Kate is facing her demons from her past and Jed is helping her out. It's incredible how Denise can keep you reading until the of the book and let you wanting for more. Neely Kate and Jed are two interesting characters in all the Rose Gardner' s universe and it's getting more and more interesting to know more about all of them and how the story goes.
MarQuinta  Moore
Jun 18, 2017 MarQuinta Moore rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing book from Denise. When I heard this was going to be a book instead of a novella I was a bit worried, but I didn't need to be. We FINALLY learn about NK's past and it was explosive! This really kept you guessing and helped you understand NK a lot better. Also her a Jed are just so amazing and was a little extra something in the background. I can't wait to find out the rest of this mystery and to see more of NK & Jed together.
Keri
May 13, 2017 Keri rated it it was amazing
I have to admit that I haven't enjoyed the last couple of Rose Gardner books as much as I enjoyed the first few in the series. This book however is amazing! While it was a roller coaster of emotions the writing is spectacular. Denise Grover Swank has once again gotten me hooked on her characters and wanting more!
Cathy Gudger
May 15, 2017 Cathy Gudger rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love Neely Kate and Rose. The books in the Rose series and now Neely Kate are so easy to read and get involved with. I am looking forward to more and I hope we haven't seen the last of Rose's stories.
Thank you.....
Melissa
May 22, 2017 Melissa rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great story

Wasn't sure I wanted a Neely Kate story... but turned out great :). I have always liked Jed and seeing him and NK together is adorable. Looking forward to more NK and Rose soon!
Mari Hinton
May 04, 2017 Mari Hinton rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wonderful

I love Neely Kate from the Rose Gardner series and this book doesn't disappoint!. Neely Kate and Jed head out to close NK past forever. I love them as a couple. Great start to the next phase!!
Lindsey Weathers
I enjoyed reading from a secondary character's perspective. It was interesting to see Jed and Neely Kate's thoughts on Rose/Skeeter and to delve further into Neely Kate's past. This new series definitely expands and adds intrigue to the Rose Gardner series. Looking forward to more Neely Kate!
Jenny Stewart
May 05, 2017 Jenny Stewart rated it really liked it
Neely Kate and Jed travel to her past to tie up some loose ends and come to terms with her guilt and shame.
Bronwen Lacey
May 15, 2017 Bronwen Lacey rated it really liked it
Ooh! A spin off!
Veronica
Jul 21, 2017 Veronica rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
i love it

i love it i want to see how Jeds and Nk relationship develops, a d what Kate going to do now
Robin Soldano
Jul 07, 2017 Robin Soldano rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved it! I am a big fan of the Rose Gardner series and the Neely Kate additional books are awesome! Truly enjoy the story and the writing.
Julie Lacey
May 21, 2017 Julie Lacey rated it really liked it
Great start to the Neely Kate series. Really liked getting to know her more.
Must admit I did miss the shenanigans of Rose together with Neely Kate though.
Suzanne Smart
May 04, 2017 Suzanne Smart rated it really liked it
Another fun read -- need to read the other series first!
louise s nelson
May 06, 2017 louise s nelson rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love this series!

I love this series! I couldn't put it down. Can't wait for the next book. Looking forward to reading the next one.
Cynthia
Jul 06, 2017 Cynthia rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved NK's story and enjoyed seeing the relationship between her and Jed continue.
Charity
I truly thought I'd hate this. I LOVE it. Neely Kate and Jed are awesome, and I loved how the entire book was just those two, working everything out. Now where's book two?
Marlene Shofner-Daves
interesting.

good book to read, easy & entertaining. you never knew what the next stop was going to bring. DGSwank is a good author.
Tara Darling-Lyon
May 28, 2017 Tara Darling-Lyon rated it really liked it
Was a quick easy read. If you like the Rose Gardner series you will like this one too. Fleshed out some new characters backgrounds.