Start by marking “Trailer Trash (Neely Kate Mystery #1)” as Want to Read:
Trailer Trash (Neely Kate Mystery #1)

Trailer Trash

(Neely Kate Mystery #1)

Neely Kate Colson’s life is a carefully built house of cards—and now her newly discovered half-sister is threatening to collapse it. While everyone thinks Kate Simmons was neutralized when she was incarcerated in a psych ward, Neely Kate knows better. Her sister has been sending her letters threatening to expose her past, only Neely Kate has stuffed so many secrets into ev ...more
Published April 18th 2017 by DGS

To ask other readers questions about Trailer Trash, please sign up.
Malum "Neely Kate Colson’s life is a carefully built house of cards—and now her newly discovered half-sister is threatening to collapse it. While everyone t…more"Neely Kate Colson’s life is a carefully built house of cards—and now her newly discovered half-sister is threatening to collapse it. While everyone thinks Kate Simmons was neutralized when she was incarcerated in a psych ward, Neely Kate knows better. Her sister has been sending her letters threatening to expose her past, only Neely Kate has stuffed so many secrets into every available crack and cranny, she has no idea which ones could be dragged into the light.

Growing up with an abusive, drug addicted mother taught Neely Kate to play the game—to be whoever she needs to be in whatever situation she finds herself in. But thanks to her best friend, Rose, she’s discovered she mostly prefers being herself. For the first time in her life, she has a lot to lose—a job, a plan for the future, and an adoring half-brother who happens to be the Chief Deputy Sheriff of Fenton County. But topple one card down, and all of them will fall. Everything she’s built could be lost in an instant.

Neely Kate knows she needs help, but when she reluctantly turns to Rose’s bodyguard, Jed Carlisle, she faces a far more dangerous threat—only this time her heart is on the line."(less)

Start your review of Trailer Trash (Neely Kate Mystery #1)
Corina
I love the world of Rose and Neely Kate. I've read all their books and I hope there won't ever be an end to them. If there'll be another hundred, I'll read them over and over again.

Trailer Trash was Neely Kate's story. I'm so glad she got her own book, because that was quiet a mystery to reveal. NK lived through some very bad things, but they made her to the fantastic kickass woman she is today.

While I don't like her keeping secrets from Rose, I can partly understand her reasons. I'm glad she op
Monique
Apr 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have always loved the character of Neely Kate from day one at the courthouse for jury duty with Rose. She has been a hoot to read along with Rose and their escapades. I was so excited to learn she not only got a full length book, but the start of a side line series of her own.

We know through the Rose Gardner Mysteries that Neely Kate has had a tough upbringing but this book explains so much more to her background and why she became the strong woman she is today. This journey into her past was
Joy Novel Thoughts
Apr 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Neely Kate's story is much darker than the stories told from Rose's POV so be prepared for that before going into it. We knew from Rose's books and past novellas that Neely Kate has some secrets that she has kept from Rose, and now that it has been revealed I feel like I have a better understanding of NK. I really enjoyed getting to see the softer side of Jed. I fell for him pretty hard!

That said, I'm giving this story 5 stars BUT, I have two negative points, but they aren't things that I feel t
Kal ★ Reader Voracious
Apr 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mystery
Series Reading Order, per author:
1. Family Jewels, ★★★★☆
2. Trailer Trash, ★★★★☆
Those that know me know that I love strong women, and I have to say that Neely Kate is a badass. Trailer Trash was the companion story and perspective that I didn't know I needed until I picked it up, and I devoured its words in less than 24 hours... and 16 of those hours were spent sleeping and working.

Kate Simmons has been taunting Neely Kate via letters about her past, and the latest one sent chills down Neely Kat
Theresa
5 Stars... Neely Kate is one of those characters that you adore the moment you are introduced to her... If you are a fan of the “Rose Gardner Mystery” series then you understand what I mean; we initially meet Neely Kate as Rose’s best friend and sassy sidekick, but through this story we get a startling glimpse into Neely Kate’s mindset and uncover her painful past that was only hinted at in previous reads... We already know that Neely Kate is strong, sassy, stubborn, loyal to a fault, and has on ...more
Sinead
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Gah this was amazing! Amazing amazing! Loved this book and I am SO happy that it's being made into a series all on its own. Neely Kate broke my heart several times during these pages. I don't know how Denise does it, but boy does she do it. Phenomenal writing, a true master of her profession.
Samantha Malstrom
Apr 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Neely Kate’s first novel exceeded my expectations. Trailer Trash definitely feels like a new series with new problems, new dynamics, and a new and fresh story line but it also has all the great and familiar characters I love from the two Rose Gardner series. Neely Kate has developed so much from when she was first introduced very early in the Rose Gardner Mystery series and it is amazing to see just how far she has actually come. This book highlights that and also divulges into the secret past s ...more
Sabrina
Apr 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. Though I have long suspected some of Neely Kate's story, it was way more than imagined. Neely Kate has a hard time coming to grips with just how far she has come from her past. Jed is slowly changing her perception. I liked the way Denise had NK struggle to get her story out little by little, it tore at my heart strings. Jed shows his true, sensitive side and what a stand-up guy he truly is.

I'm excited for Neely Kate is getting her own series. Next I would like f
Jesiree
Apr 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I picked up Trailer Trash knowing it was part of a wider series but thinking it was a spin off so it wouldn't be too bad to read. I was mostly correct but I feel like I didn't get the 'power' of a few of the revelations, they would have been bigger 'omg' moments if I had read previous books, I am sure.

I enjoyed Trailer Trash anyway, uncovering Neely Kate's story had me on edge the whole way and I needed to know what happened.

What really made this book 5 stars for me was that when, near the end
Anna's Herding Cats
Ahhhh Neely Kate and Jed.

The Gist: Neely Kate's past has come back to haunt her and she's taking to running. Fortunately for her (much to her chagrin) Jed has decided he's going along for the ride and sticking to her like hot sexy glue. lol

I love Jed. I've loved him and James through the previous two series. They're bad guys with good hearts and sexy as all get out. And he proved that the case even more with Trailer Trash. He's damaged, yeah, but he can be so gentle. He's solid and fierce and n
Sally
Jan 06, 2018 added it
Shelves: on-hold, audiobooks
I'm gonna stop reading this book for now! I'm gonna read Rose Gardner series first then I'll get back to this one!
Denise Hoover
Jun 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Love NK’s Point of View!

I need more NK and Jed! I loved getting Neely Kate’s point of view. We learned so much about her past and why she is the way she is. She’s grown so much from five years ago when she lived in Ardmore. Nothing quite like a girl kicking butt and taking names. Doesn’t hurt that we get a nice description of Jed in here too. I think there is way more to come with Neely Kate! Onto... For The Birds!
Ashley Maude-Lecholat
Jun 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic addition to the series!!! I just loved hearing the story through Neely Kate's perspective. This is not a Rose Garner book but she is still very much still in the story as well as all of our other favorite characters. It was so neat to see this story unfold through NK's point of view. I always liked her - but now I just love her to pieces!! Read it - Denise Grover Swank never disappoints!
Shawna  Wood (A Girl and Her Books)
Trailer Trash is A-Ma-Zing!! This was a book I never knew I needed. While I will always love Rose and her journey, Neely Kate has now become my favorite character in the Rose Gardner world.

Neely Kate has always given the world a façade of a women who is confident and has it all, but through out the pervious series we started to see cracks in this façade. What we learn about Neely Kate is both shocking and heartbreaking. Neely has suffered so much abuse from those that she trusted and loved. Bu
Sandra Lancaster
Apr 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Trailer Trash was beyond my wildest expectations. Absolutely LOVED it!!! Neely Kate broke my heart so many times. And Jed...WOW...He is just awesome. I'm swooning for him hard core. Excited for their relationship to evolve. Neely Kate deserves a man who will treat her right and I know that Jed will. Can't wait for more!!!
LadyLovesTheBooks
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing

Ok, so a little about this series before we start. Trailer Trash is the first book in a companion series to accompany the Rose Gardner Investigation series. The Rose Gardner Investigation series follows on from the brilliant Rose Gardner Mysteries. Are you still with me? I know it sounds complicated, but it’s not really!

In December 2013 Denise Grover Swank released ‘Twenty-Eight and a Half Wishes’, the first fabulous book in the Rose Gardner Mysteries series. It is based around the world of the
Stephanne
Apr 25, 2018 rated it it was ok
I had a hard time enjoying this one. I liked the chemistry/tension between Jed & Neely Kate, but I couldn't wrap my head around Neely Kate's character in this book. It seemed so far removed from the NK I've known (& loved) in the last 10 DGS books I've read with her as a secondary character. It's not that I don't think she's as good in the spotlight--those who've followed NK for any length of time know that she can definitely hold her own--it's just... I feel like I know too much about her now a ...more
Melanie
Jan 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: chick-lit, 2019
Amelia
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars, I loved this book and Neely Kate’s character. The only reason the book isn’t five stars is because I have not read the Rose Gardner series (where Neely Kate was first introduced) and because there was so much history between the characters this did not feel like a stand alone book, it felt like a side story in the Rose series. I am hoping now that everything is established that the second book feels like its own. Furthermore, we were given so much back story on the characters I think ...more
Miranda
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Neely Kate’s story isn’t light as we have suspected as we gradually collected pieces of her past little by little. Finally able to fine out her secrets she has been hiding from everyone. Deep dark secrets! This is deeper than the past books but oh so good!! The struggle NK had to go through and how she fought to survive everything. She is truly a brave woman that isn’t perfect but still tries to come out ontop whatever the situation.
She goes on a search for answers with Jed as her back up. Oh h
Andrea Hastings
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Great read! Neely Kate is a very interesting character and I am happy Denise Grover Swank decided to give us Neely Kate's story. I experienced so many emotions through out this book. At different times I felt, anger, heartbreak, grief, sadness, scared, alone, triumph, victory, happiness, and love. Through this journey I have developed a greater understanding for Neely Kate's history, life, and reactions. I am so happy Jed was included in Neely Kate's story and hopefully future. I am excited for ...more
Jenny
Jun 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book provides so much insight into Neely Kate's past. She has been through so much sadness and cruelty in her short life. I enjoyed reading how her relationship with Jed progressed. They work so well together and have so much respect for each other. I wouldn't normally re-read a book that has this kind of content more than once, but I would make an exception for this one. The author wrote the subject matter in a way that you can feel NK humiliation and pain without to much detail. I would r ...more
Aimee
May 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Every Single Book - Amazing

I've read every book in this series, each one making me fall more in love with the characters. This gives unexpected, yet heart wrenching insight to Neely Kate and Jed. Friendship, loyalty, humanity, self-discovery, pain, healing, love...all capitivated and expressed perfectly with each chapter. Start with book one and keep going - this is truly one of my all time favorite series ever!
Nicole Ekotson
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

There is something about her writing and the way she builds stories. And this book made me happy, and sad...so sad at times but laugh out loud other times and I almost never have physical responses to books but certain parts had my heart pounding and biting my lip with nervousness. I even had to fan myself a few times . But that's when you know a book is good! 5 solid stars
Amanda
Apr 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I didn't know how I felt about NK having her own book before this, but I'm all for it after reading it. We finally got to find out more about NK's past and it made me love her even more. She's grown so much as a character throughout the Rose Gardner series and I'm all for reading more of her own stories in the future. Plus, who doesn't love Jed. Because phew, I sure do. Between him and James...well, just bring on the bad boys.
Karen Rowe
Jan 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Secrets

This story explains why Neely Kate feels guilty about the loss of her babies and why Ronnie stayed away.

Neely Kate has a lollapalooza history which could have made her a bitter, mean person. Neely Kate is a good person. Ardmore, Oklahoma is where this history begins. Jed finds out that Neely Kate was abused.

This is the beginning romance between Jed and Neely Kate. No more secrets between them. Neely Kate finally has someone who loves and cherishes her.
Stephanie Burch
May 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh, Neely Kate

We all knew that she had a past. We just didn't realize how bad it was. Neely Kate had always been strong. We got to see her weaker side and I hated that is what made her the strong woman that she is now. Jed, wholly hotness I'm glad they are gonna try. They seem like they will be an interesting couple.
Keri
May 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I have to admit that I haven't enjoyed the last couple of Rose Gardner books as much as I enjoyed the first few in the series. This book however is amazing! While it was a roller coaster of emotions the writing is spectacular. Denise Grover Swank has once again gotten me hooked on her characters and wanting more!
Nati
May 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Denise at her best. Neely Kate is facing her demons from her past and Jed is helping her out. It's incredible how Denise can keep you reading until the of the book and let you wanting for more. Neely Kate and Jed are two interesting characters in all the Rose Gardner' s universe and it's getting more and more interesting to know more about all of them and how the story goes.
MarQuinta  Moore
Jun 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another amazing book from Denise. When I heard this was going to be a book instead of a novella I was a bit worried, but I didn't need to be. We FINALLY learn about NK's past and it was explosive! This really kept you guessing and helped you understand NK a lot better. Also her a Jed are just so amazing and was a little extra something in the background. I can't wait to find out the rest of this mystery and to see more of NK & Jed together. ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Of Fire and Storm: A Curse Keeper Novel (Of Ash and Spirit Trilogy #2)
  • Descended from Shadows (Book of Sindal Book One)
  • Crown of Blood (Book of Sindal 3)
  • Of Blood and Monsters (Piper Lancaster Series)
  • Of Ash and Spirit (Of Ash and Spirit Trilogy #1)
  • Reign of Mist (Book of Sindal Book Two)
  • Swamp Santa (Miss Fortune Mystery #16)
  • Writing Wrongs (Crow's Feet Coven #1)
  • Suddenly Psychic (Glimmer Lake, #1)
  • It's A Wonderful Midlife Crisis (Good To The Last Death, #1)
  • Cajun Fried Felony (Miss Fortune Mystery #15)
  • Witching For Grace (Premonition Pointe, #1)
  • Grave Magic Bounty (Forty Proof, #1)
  • Bonds (Royal States, #6)
  • Sucks To Be Me
  • Semi-Psychic Life (Glimmer Lake, #2)
  • Fortune Furlough (Miss Fortune Mystery #14)
  • Replica (The Blood Borne, #2)

Neely Kate Mystery (3 books)
  • In High Cotton (Neely Kate Mystery #2)
  • Dirty Money (Neely Kate Mystery #3)