Start by marking “The Window” as Want to Read:
The Window

The Window

Secrets have a way of getting out. . . .

Anna is everything her identical twin is not. Outgoing and athletic, she is the opposite of quiet introvert Jess. The same on the outside, yet so completely different inside--it's hard to believe the girls are sisters, let alone twins. But they are. And they tell each other everything.

Or so Jess thought.

After Anna falls to her death
Published April 3rd 2018 by Delacorte

To ask other readers questions about The Window, please sign up.
This question contains spoilers… (view spoiler)
K. Rose It seemed like while she was unconscious in the ambulance she "dreamed" she was talking with Anna; I thought that she was speaking out loud and that's…moreIt seemed like while she was unconscious in the ambulance she "dreamed" she was talking with Anna; I thought that she was speaking out loud and that's what Mona heard/responded to(less)
Kady Mac I also thought in the beginning that Jess was coded as being on the autism spectrum, particularly in reference to her sensory issues. It's never confi…moreI also thought in the beginning that Jess was coded as being on the autism spectrum, particularly in reference to her sensory issues. It's never confirmed in the text, and the story drops these signifiers as soon as they become inconvenient to the plot. (less)

Start your review of The Window
Emily May
Mar 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
3 1/2 stars. Review to come.
Tammie
May 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mystery-thriller
I’m always interested in books about twins (since I’m one myself) and this book certainly didn’t disappoint. A YA mystery -The Window centers around twins Jess and Anna and Anna’s untimely death resulting from a fall outside her bedroom window. Jess makes it her mission to find out about her twin’s secret life and the mystery surrounding her death. The entire book begs the question-how well can you know a person, even your own twin? I’d recommend The Window to readers that like YA/mystery books.
ELLIAS (elliasreads)
Mar 12, 2018 marked it as to-read
so sinister looking , i'm digging it. plus this book is called 'the window'.

i wonder why.....
Erin
Jul 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: electric-18s
With smart, sharp prose and a dark but relatable undercurrent, this book pulls you through the labyrinth-like mystery of a teen girl's life and her tragic end. Yet it's also a poignant story of sisterhood (twinhood, specifically), young romance, and grief, and employs some drop-dead gorgeous imagery (a girl flying through the air before crashing to the ground; the slick walls of a deep, dark well). I particularly enjoyed the little interstitial chapters written from the perspective of Anna, whic ...more
♛ Garima ♛
This is the first time I read and finished twin sister story.

It is really fast-paced and intriting plot. I really liked the build-up until the final reveal.

So, Anna is found dead one morning and everyone believes she fell down to her death by accident from her bedroom window, in middle of night. Everyone believes except her twin Jess.

Once, Anna had told me how she imagined she'd get ready for a date. "I'd want to wear a dress," she'd said, her voice dreamy. "A pretty one. And perfume. I'd
Konstantin
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
One meets You Will Know Me

This won't get praise for originality, but it is nevertheless very strong for a debut novel. A convincing narrative voice, great atmosphere and amazing psychological insight into the twisted, rivalry-fueled, confusing world of teenagers.

I've read through it in a day, and I don't remember the last time I've finished an untranslated English book this fast. A true page-turner, but one not spared the thoughtfulness and literacy. I gladly recommend it to everyone.
Dylan
Mar 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
5 stars.

I'll have a review up on teenreads.com, soon, BUT HOLY MACARONI.
Michelle (Pink Polka Dot Books)
Twins & mysteries will get me every time!! I had so many theories while reading this book (which is always a good sign for a mystery), and I just had to keep reading to see if any of them were right. The only thing I wanted more from were the characters-- I wished they felt just a little more alive. It's not the most thrilling YA mystery I've read, but it made up for it with a surprising amount of heart. Jess was a pretty clinical, matter-of-fact girl, but in the end, she got me choked up with f ...more
Kathy Martin
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This excellent story begins with Jess, thinking in gym class, that she is doomed to be out of fashion for her whole life and eager to tell her twin Anna about her realization. Only the counselor comes to the door, her parents are in the main office, and her sister Anna has been found dead lying on the ground below her bedroom window.

The rest of the story follows Jess as she tries to find out what happened to her sister and what she didn't know about the person she thought she knew best of anyone
MissBecka
Holy crap this was sooo freaking good!
One of those books where sleep and eating become a nuisance rather than something you need to survive. Where "one more chapter" turns into 5 or 6 more chapters.
It's a beautifully woven story and I look forward to seeing more from this author.
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
Introverted Jess can’t believe her more outgoing twin Anna died from a fall from her window. Soon Jess realizes and may not know her sister as well as she thought. Anna had secrets. Big ones. Secrets Jess is determined to uncover, though the more she discovers, the more she realizes she may not have known Anna at all.

Sometimes reading a very special book fills me with such happiness, my eyes overflow with tears of enjoyment. #TheWindow provided such a pleasurable experience. Debut writer Amelia
Bee
Quite The Novel Idea ~ Novel Ink

I'm not sure what to think anymore right now. Not sure how to write this review in a coherent way. Upon finishing The Window, my mind is all over the place. My thoughts scrambled. And while I do have some things that irked me about this book, I still enjoyed it quite a bit. Honestly, more than I thought I would before picking it up. And I'm not sure where to go from here.

The Window tells the story of Jess Cutter, who just lost her twin sister Anna after s
여리고
4.5 'got me so hooked right from the start' stars!

For a debut novel, this book was pretty intense and thought-provoking. It totally got me right where it wanted me to be in the end, close to indignation that the people responsible got away with it at first, and solace that everything turned out to be fair and just towards the end.

Brunskill weaved a story that is equal parts terrifying and hopeful, bringing light to where darkness once fell upon. The prose and the way it was written, with succin
noor
Jun 22, 2018 added it
Shelves: 2018
this book was sad. not the tearjerking kind of sad, but more like "okay the book's over and now ive got a numb feeling". i honestly don't even know what to say about this book, except that i would recommend it if you aren't exactly looking for a happy read.
Jessica
Mar 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well now, this was a pleasant surprise! I don't think I've read too many YA mystery novels, or if I have I don't quite remember them, so this was a nice place to settle in. My first thought is that Amelia Brunskill has quite a talent for pacing, which I'll expand on in a bit. The Window drew me in, and I ran through it so quickly that it actually surprised me. I love effortless reads, and this book definitely fits that bill.

Jess and Anna. Anna and Jess. The twin angle was a beautiful addition to
Lindsay
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dissapointed, arcs
After the death of her twin sister Anna, Jess vows to figure out what happened. The premises had my attention regarding the mystery, but the plot was very slow. Jess was hard to connect with. She made assumptions on a single piece of evidence and stuck with that story, blaming the beloved English teacher and cross-country/track coach for seducing her twin. She joins track and frequently stalks this teacher, trying to see if he will slip up and do something implementing that will connect him to A ...more
K.A.
Aug 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review to come. But, my god, this book was amazing.
Dana Mele
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I read an ARC of this book and absolutely loved it. From the first page, I was drawn into this story and had a very hard time putting it down. The narrator, Jess, is investigating the death of her twin, which she refuses to believe is as simply explained as everyone else seems to. Jess is such a complex and beautifully drawn character, as is the sister she lost. Jess makes a series of startling decisions, but the author has written her so well that every move she makes, you stay with her and hop ...more
Alexandra
Jun 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
hmmm. this definitely didn't end the way i thought it would. it was actually super convoluted and confusing.

i liked it better when i thought i knew what was going on.

it started off SO strong and so engaging and then devolved into an uninteresting mess, i'm sorry to say. the first half was so different from the second half, it was like reading two completely different books.

womp womp ☹️👎🏼

the premise of the story is that jess's twin sister falls to her death out of her bedroom window and jess is
Colleen Fauchelle
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2020
I really liked this story.
When Jess is called out of class to be told her twin sister was found dead outside their house. Jess decides to find out the truth of what happened to Anna and as she searches she finds out Anna was living a secret life while everyone was asleep.
Anna was trying to find out who she was without her twin Jess, she didn't want them to be in the same class she wanted her own space and that would lead her into all kinds of trouble.
Jess will do some crazy things to get to th
Mel
May 27, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
A very solid 3.5 star book that took me 1 month to get into and 2 days to speed through.

Expanded review tomorrow
Lauren
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-debuts
The cover is what originally earned The Window a place on my TBR pile. Now that I've read the book, I have two things to say. First, the cover is spot on. It perfectly captures the atmosphere of the story - eerie, dark, and attention-grabing. Second and best of all, The Window posses a lot more than just a stunning cover.

When The Window begins Anna is already dead and Jess is reeling from the loss. Jess can't believe, won't believe, that it was just a simple accident. She knows there must be mo
Lauren
Apr 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am not going to lie, whilst I had this on my TBR, it wasn't high on my radar. I haven't really seen a lot of people talking about it - so I picked this up for my kindle on a bit of a whim because of the mood I was in. I am so glad I did because this book was just amazing in SO MANY different ways, and I feel that a lot more people should be reading it already!

I think my favourite aspect of this book was the way in which it was written. Interspersed between each of Jess' chapters was a couple
Kayla
Apr 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars. This book caught my eye by the creepy cover and sucked me in with the synopsis. The writing is fantastic. The whole time I felt this eerie feeling (in a good, book way) and I kept wanting to read. The book flows so smoothly. I like how she stuck to the socially awkward thing & didn’t all of a sudden change how it was for Jess. We were able to see things through her eyes. Also I loved Sarah! And Mona. I’m a fan of short chapters, it may seem like that it would make a book more choppy a ...more
Deborah Schaumberg
Sep 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I found The Window hard to put down. Anyone who has ever felt the connection between sisters will love this book! With powerful imagery and realistically flawed characters, the story weaves Jess's point of view with moments of Anna's. It's tragic and beautiful and dark.
Katherine Moore
Mar 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, 2018-read, blog-tour
*Utterly absorbing read; following Jess as she tries to unearth the mystery surrounding her twin sister Anna’s death is both captivating and moving.
My full review is posted for my ‘The Window’ BLOG TOUR post here: http://kamoorephoto.booklikes.com
Rachel León
Mar 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018, ya, 2018
Yes, I'm friends with the author so maybe I'm a little biased, but this book is fantastic. It kept me guessing and I couldn't put it down. I absolutely loved it.
Hannah
(6.2/10) - ⭐⭐⭐

Well, this was a solid mediocre start to the reading year. Then again, I kind of expected it to be.

In The Window we follow Jess, a 15yo girl who's twin sister has - supposedly - fallen to her death while trying to sneak out of her window. However, Jess can't make sense of the event, and tries to piece together what else could've happened to her sister.

This was a pretty standard YA mystery, in the sense that it relied heavily on misunderstandings and heavy hinting to move the plot a
QHuong(BookSpy)

Although this book targets mainly at YA, I love this book. It is honest, it is mature, not the kind of high school dramas as I feared. This book is about a girl, Jess, deal with the death of her twin sister, Anna - partly because she loves her sister, and party there is something suspicious about her death.

As we follow through Jess's perspective, we know how much she love her sister. It is a bit cliche to say that, but you have to read in order to get that intense feeling. The author
Jessica
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
"I don't want to believe, I thought. But I do want to know."

This fast paced YA mystery is dark and compelling. Brunskill captured my attention almost immediately then continued to draw me in further. As I am with a good mystery I was chasing down rabbit holes and loose ends in my mind trying to anticipate all the twists. There were a few I got but plenty I didn't.

"Occasionally, I'd see it coming. The grief. Not the constant version, which always hummed in the background, like white noise, but t
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Broken Things
  • The Darkest Corners
  • Two Can Keep a Secret
  • The Girl in the Picture
  • One of Us Is Next (One of Us Is Lying, #2)
  • I Killed Zoe Spanos
  • Love and Other Alien Experiences
  • The Waning Age
  • Aftermath
  • They All Fall Down
  • When the Truth Unravels
Amelia Brunskill was born in Melbourne, Australia, but she grew up mostly in Washington state where she picked a lot of blackberries, read a lot of books, and failed to properly appreciate the epic beauty of the mountains and the Pacific ocean.

She earned her bachelors degrees in psychology and art from the University of Washington and her master in information studies from the University of Texas