Start by marking “Colossal: Issue #1 (The Colossal Series)” as Want to Read:
Colossal: Issue #1 (The Colossal Series)

Colossal: Issue #1 (The Colossal Series)

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  13 ratings  ·  9 reviews
Meridian is a city of many identities. For Detective Wreings, finding the identity of a killer is more than just his job, it’s his distraction from the stresses off-the-clock. But as the detective’s drive to solve the case leads him through the doors of Meridian Medical Center, he is steered towards a suspect that raises more questions than answers.

The man in room 623 is j
Paperback, 2nd Edition, 377 pages
Published (first published August 2nd 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Colossal, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Colossal

really liked it 4.00  ·

Tania
Oct 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
With the superhero culture at its prime, you might think this is just another origin tale of mighty heroes on the rise, but it's quite the contrary. If you're a fan of real, in-depth characterization and strong story arcs fused with realism — this is the novel for you.

There's a character for everyone to relate to in "Colossal," but they're each one giant piece of an extraordinary puzzle that will keep you guessing and at the edge of your seat until the very end. Quick paced and packed with myst
Martin Kester
Nov 29, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A good read that holds the reader with detailed descriptions; the author draws you into a place that feels similar, yet different enough to open the door to the unknown. While following the actions of three different characters, each with flaws that has the reader rooting for them one moment and against them in the next; the book masterfully balances who exactly is the hero and just what does that mean. Can he be so bad if he's willing to protect a complete stranger? Can she be so good while bei ...more
Ashley
Nov 26, 2016 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2016
Colossal combines mystery and superhero novels into one exciting book. The book follows four main characters that surround a new murder case in the city of Meridian.

McCaskill does a really good job of developing the characters in a way that makes them relatable and believable. The complex characters add to the storyline and make you wonder how everyone connects to the murder. The book will have you guessing throughout.

While I love a good mystery, I felt like the ended didn’t leave me satisfied
Lisa Holloway
Nov 29, 2018 rated it liked it
There were so many things that I liked about this book. It started out as a police investigation mystery, but I soon found that this was not a typical mystery. As the story progressed, it almost had an X-Files feel to it. I found the story to be fresh, and new, and I liked how the author combined a mystery with the story of super humans. I also liked the author's writing style. It was organized, descriptive, and his characters were developed. The story was told at a good pace, and the writer hel ...more
Jennifer ~BookHermitt
Mar 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book started off as a mystery and then took a sharp turn into super powers.  Not what I was expecting but a pleasant surprise.

Lennox has a talent for developing very strong characters that you can relate to.  You can feel Katie's depression.  You can feel the man in room 623's confusion.

While I did enjoy the story line, I was a little confused at the end.  But what cliff hanger isn't confusing.  Guess I will need to read the next book, Afflictions, to get my answers.
Randy Grossman
Apr 28, 2018 rated it it was ok
This book seemed to be something out of the "X Files". Characters had unexplained super powers. The conclusion to me was quite confusing and I'm not even sure if the bad guy was defeated. It had enough interesting moments to finish the book, but I believe there are too many unanswered questions to continue the series. Not good enough to do that.
WhatStaceyReads
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I might be a little biased about this series because I know the author but y’all, these books are so good! Colossal was 8 years in the making and so worth every second. It was originally published in August 2015 and I re-read it in August 2016 to prepare for the release of it’s sequel, Afflictions. It’s sort of a super hero meets TV crime show kind of book and it’s really excellent. I was worried that I was going to dislike it and then would have to lie and tell the author how much I loved it, b ...more
Theresa
Oct 09, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Meridian is a fresh, unique setting for a super hero book. At times it may be difficult for the reader to juggle the different character arcs, but it pays off in the end.
K.M.
Oct 06, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!

I loved this fast-paced book and the vivid details! The intricate characters and interesting interactions kept me hooked, can't wait for the next installment!
Aoakes
Shannon
Mar 03, 2018
Carol Roan
May 23, 2018
I'm an American author and Georgia native with a passion for various forms of storytelling. Growing up, I had a very active imagination that was pretty hard to contain. Whether pretending to be a superhero or an actor, I loved the idea of living in a fantasy world of my own making.

But the worlds weren't just for me, I also created a number of characters, some of which made it into my writings as